test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Samsar T6 Cruiser

Comments

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is it just me or is this new cruiser a little small unlike some of the newer cruisers ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • latexrubberlatexrubber Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So how long does this event run? It takes 15 days to get this ship, so if it doesn't run for just over 15 days from right now (the 30th) than there is no point in me trying to get this ship.

Also I am only on Tier 4 ships, not max level yet, can I even do things to get this ship or did the creators of this event lock everyone out but the vets. That's one of the reasons I quit playing this game because there was nothing for me to do event wise but try to grind to max.
  • kahless1515kahless1515 Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Please... change it to 1,000 corpses.
    Some day there should be a ship worth 1,000 tribble corpses. Or maybe some ground equipment.
  • chiselheadchiselhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    more like zombie's or bodyscatchers
  • discloneddiscloned Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Technicalities first:

Lets say i get an amount of Qumendations via the Lobi store to speed things up and i started the reputation project already on other characters, including the 600 Qumendation story arc, will the projects finish despite already being overspend if i finish it on one character? Will i have to cancel the project? And if so, do i only have to spend 40 Qmendations or 40 Qumendations and the 600 from the story arc which i have already completed and do not get awarded again, so leaving me to grind 640 Qumendations, which would be more than doing it without discount?

I'd really appreciate an answer here :)

Secondly... love the ship. With the horns and all it definitely has an somewhat American feel to it, so Cadillac seems fitting. Actually i felt initially reminded about the Outrider ships in Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs :)

Yes its 3 Tac consoles, but hands down its a command-tank. If you compare ti to full intel cruisers (Qib for example), those also come with "only" 3 Tac consoles. Yes, it has no Surgical Strikes nor a cloak, which it doesn't need because its supposed to take fire, but... which i will, of course alienate with signal surpression, hah! Yes, i skilled stealth, see how awkward i am :) *counts embassy plasma infusing consoles*

Besides the event Dyson Destroyer is the favored ride of my rom Sci despite the three Tac consoles and i have a fleet Mogai with all consoles, thank you, still prefer the Dyson. However... you really should take another look at those variable boff stations, becaus no matter what i try, including unseating, i can't access cmdr abilities wich means i am back to the Mogai currently.

Of course the Cadillacs will soon darken the sky on every planet in every system - at least for a while :) I am anticipating it impatiently.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    discloned wrote: »
    Technicalities first:

Lets say i get an amount of Qumendations via the Lobi store to speed things up and i started the reputation project already on other characters, including the 600 Qumendation story arc, will the projects finish despite already being overspend if i finish it on one character? Will i have to cancel the project? And if so, do i only have to spend 40 Qmendations or 40 Qumendations and the 600 from the story arc which i have already completed and do not get awarded again, so leaving me to grind 640 Qumendations, which would be more than doing it without discount?

I'd really appreciate an answer here :)

Secondly... love the ship. With the horns and all it definitely has an somewhat American feel to it, so Cadillac seems fitting. Actually i felt initially reminded about the Outrider ships in Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs :)

Yes its 3 Tac consoles, but hands down its a command-tank. If you compare ti to full intel cruisers (Qib for example), those also come with "only" 3 Tac consoles. Yes, it has no Surgical Strikes nor a cloak, which it doesn't need because its supposed to take fire, but... which i will, of course alienate with signal surpression, hah! Yes, i skilled stealth, see how awkward i am :) *counts embassy plasma infusing consoles*

Besides the event Dyson Destroyer is the favored ride of my rom Sci despite the three Tac consoles and i have a fleet Mogai with all consoles, thank you, still prefer the Dyson. However... you really should take another look at those variable boff stations, becaus no matter what i try, including unseating, i can't access cmdr abilities wich means i am back to the Mogai currently.

Of course the Cadillacs will soon darken the sky on every planet in every system - at least for a while :) I am anticipating it impatiently.

Cryptic system is not known to do refunds on events or projects. Once invested it is gone, even if you change the requirement later so you need less. Next time the best plan is to get the q's from the story for all your toons, but only invest one toon and then grind or pay-out with lobi with that one toon. After claiming on one toon, then you have the discount on the others and you only need to use 40 q's for the rest and keep the remaining q's from story for next anniversary event. Maybe CS will say something else, but I doubt it.
    edited February 2015
    Well, thanks. My greatest fear was having to regrind the mission award Qs. Regrinding 40 Qs isn't a big hassle in any case and next time i am smarter :)
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gotta admit, just as how much i disagree with most of cryptics decisions lulz, it's an awesome ship! so, so long and thx for all the shoes!
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been playing around with this ship- honestly, because of how ominous it looks (ship guys did an amazing job with this). The command stuff is interesting. I'm having fun with it, even though I am not a fan of cruisers in general.
  • xelmaster12xelmaster12 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    •Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Command/Engineering, 1 Command Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal

only have 1 lieutenant commander command/engineering not 2 :(
    edited February 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    Yeah. What i miss is a playable ship, that stands out in size and firepower over all others. Something like a super Star Destroyer...

Pretty close. Okay, lets be honest, it is certainly not a dedicated DPS machine. But hands down... i haven't flown all ships, but if i'd be asked what ship is the best tank in the game its this one. I am sure you manage to fit some kind of adequate armament. It doesn't need to kill fast, you have all the time you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKeI-Mw_47Q&feature=youtu.be
  • masterdalekmasterdalek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Oh wow. That thing's actually pretty.

Too bad you kept that ridiculous grind to get it. I almost considered snagging one just to have it. But, oh well...

It's actually not that bad. I got it after just 5 days...
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd just like to say.

I love the beam hardpoints on this ship. I wish more ships were this well thought out for all hardpoints.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    I've been playing around with this ship- honestly, because of how ominous it looks (ship guys did an amazing job with this). The command stuff is interesting. I'm having fun with it, even though I am not a fan of cruisers in general.

It's a trip doing the Borg Deflector for some Xeno-Cyclops action...
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a trip doing the Borg Deflector for some Xeno-Cyclops action...

The CC deflector also makes it look like some kind of demented cyclops. :D
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    The CC deflector also makes it look like some kind of demented cyclops. :D

The CC deflector still ticks me off because it's attached to the camera instead of the ship - so you rotate the camera around the ship and the FX follows the camera instead of allowing you to view it from different angles. :(
  • daz701daz701 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    how do get into the foundry ???????????????????? it jsut has the button grayed out and there is no other buttons to buy slots ?
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...that isn't very relevant to the thread. >_>
  • piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, within the next 3 days, the people who've managed to do the daily quest every day (when possible) will be getting their ships.

I picture my captain being exhausted from two weeks of tracking down omega particles and cursing Q under his breath for creating another threat on a whim.
  • dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got the ship on my main character today, and I have to say I love the design of this ship and bridge. Now that I have gotten a closer look at the ship and bridge, I can easily say that I feel like that there was some anime influence in the designs. Now it's time to go and get my 2 alts to level 11 to get the Qmendations to claim it on them, and for the Hearts and Minds special this Friday. And to get the set pieces from Dust to Dust on my main.

On a funny note: Now I can take my anime space elf around the galaxy in my anime spaceship and walk around my anime spaceship bridge. ;)
  • piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *hands over the ship on a silver platter*

Anything else sir?

Ah come on,daily mission takes like 10 MINUTES TOPS!!!! And after doing that you get a free T6 ship...so what more do you want?

You do know this is an mmo right? I mean if you cant spare the time for the grind or as i see you want everything handed to you on a silver platter please uninstall the game and go play Angry birds or something like that.

It also takes about 5 minutes to boot up the game in the first place. So we have 15 * 15 = 125 minutes... a little over 2 hours. Which wouldn't be that bad, except that it's actually much easier to set aside 2 hours once than it is to stay motivated to remember 15 minutes per day for half a month. Especially in a game like this.

That said, I'm going to be using the Samsar for the rest of the Delta rising content, since it's the only Tier 6 ship I'll be able to get for a long while. After that, I'm going to bring my T5 ships back into rotation and do some nice, relaxing Foundry missions for fun.
  • cesarcesar Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    FFS it looks good and I wont get it cause of PWE / Cryptic :(

I just didnt have the Omega daily mission !

When I submitted ticket some GM told me to reset.

After I reseted the reputation event I did get the mission BUT I lost the 400 Qmendations I had from doing Dust to Dust and I didnt get them back when I did it again.

And after 1 week of emails with "customer support" their replay was "GO READ EULA WE ARE NOT OBLIGED TO REIMBURSE, RECOVER OR REPLACE ANYTHING..." !!!!?

This is very funny right ?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got it in 3 days because I ground like a madman last year.

It's a decent cruiser, nothing terribly special, good for heals. I prefer my Mat'Ha, Faeht, and Guardian. And my t5u Scimitard.