Ecto 1
    Pallbearer

:P

I would like to add Plots R Us to the list! :P
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would totally fly this ship as my daily driver, but it has no chance of replacing my Narcine with only 3 Tactical consoles.

I'll steal the trait, console, and warp core though and try them out.
  • ret2023ret2023 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks like a big reddish submarine O.o, I wonder if it has the white/black skin (which probably won't) that the federation have on the 25th century era ships.
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zuigje010 wrote: »
    Why can't you just give us the ship and get done with it, I am tired to farm and grind everytime you come with something that is "free" I am already farming my reputation, spec points, dilithium to hopefully upgrade 1 weapon a week, farm fleet marks to get enough fleet credits to buy an item. We just did Winterland for crying out loud.........

That is already a lot of work and I want to play and enjoy the game not farm constantly.
    I am staying in Elite Dangerous, if you want me and most of your players back, make the game FUN like pre season 6 when there wasnt any intense farming as there is now, when the game was actually fun to play then it is now!

You don't expect things that are "free" to come out without work do you? I mean this is an ideal ship.

Besides, people aren't asking you to do all of those things.

One more thing about your upgrade problem? If you do the "farm" (which takes less than 10 minutes that even a 7 year old could do) you get peices for a very darn good upgrade kit.
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For an anniversary ship, I am not impressed. I play a Starfleet captain. I'd like a Starfleet ship. And I am sure that those who play Klingon captains would like to have a Klingon ship, and those who play Romulan commanders would like to have a Romulan ship.

I think you guys are jumping the shark with all these non-player-faction ships.

Having said that, this new ship does look awesome. If the core game wasn't skewed so much towards being a mind-numbing cash-grabbibng grindfest, I might consider paying money for something like it, just to monkey around. But alas. Until the game gets back to being fun, my wallet is closed.

This is my main reason not to get it. It don't fit my Fed at all. I just can't see him in a ship like this and from a group that is questionable on their ways. For my Romulan same way, it just don't fit her at all. As for my KDF, it really don't fit his aggressive warrior type either. As both my romulan and KDF flies ships that will make you feel. Oh TRIBBLE this isn't good, I hate to fight this thing.

This ship just don't have that feeling at all. Just a Meh ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • swalldevswalldev Member Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Hector our concept artist designed it and JamJamz modeled that bad boy to excellence.

The ship team is happy people are enjoying the visuals!

Hector and JamJamz did a great job. Here is the concept art of the ship and the bridge. The Bridge was worked on by Keenan, an environment artist. He did a great job.

Kobali Samsar Concept
    Swallrus
    Art Lead
    edited January 2015
    swalldev wrote: »
    Hector and JamJamz did a great job. Here is the concept art of the ship and the bridge. The Bridge was worked on by Keenan, an environment artist. He did a great job.

Kobali Samsar Concept

SHOW ME THE COMPLETED BRIDGE

NAO

Seriously, this is one of the best designs that Cryptic made in some time!
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Kobali Samsar Concept

Cheers to hector and jamjamz for the looks and thanks to Phil and whomever else worked on it for then powers and stats. But especially thanks to you for that concept art, I have new desktop wallpaper now. =)

Also, and I assume this one gets aimed at gecko: thanks for the 400qmendations on first play of the mission, and thanks for getting away from the shell game. Both are appreciated. That's a nice compromise that makes the mission a gift.
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We're on page 17 of comments and no one has mentioned how this thing is a few angles away from being Stargate's Prometheus???

Seriously disappointed in every person out there with a Stargate-related avatar or signature. Would like to know if it actually served as any sort of inspiration though in the design concept.
  • insideyourmominsideyourmom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Kobali starships are known for their exceptional ability to provide support to their allies in large scale starship combat. The Samsar Cruiser is a durable Kobali Tier 6 cruiser we're giving out during our anniversary event that was outfitted to fill the role of a mobile command center.

Get your sneak peek at the Kobali Samsar here!

~LaughingTrendy

When do we start?
  • alfredlayaalfredlaya Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    We're on page 17 of comments and no one has mentioned how this thing is a few angles away from being Stargate's Prometheus???

Seriously disappointed in every person out there with a Stargate-related avatar or signature. Would like to know if it actually served as any sort of inspiration though in the design concept.

I'd say she was more inspired by the Space Pirate Battleship Arcadia/Deathshadow: http://www.excaliburdirectexpresstoys.co.uk/p142247/Space-Pirate-Battleship-Arcadia-Death-Shadow-Conversion-Model-Kit/c0-9806-9806
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I was discussing this earlier tonight with someone. Huge SG fan here and knew I would feel like an idiot for not thinking about the Prometheus.|

I can also see the Arcadia in there too...save for the lack of massive naval guns on the dorsal.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It's nothing like a Prometheus. The only similarities are elongated body, command deck elevated on top and nacelles (hangar bays in case of the Prometheus) on the sides closer to the rear. That's very vague.

But yeah, the Prometheus was also nice. I kinda liked it better than the BC-304 class.

The Samsar is sleek and menacing. It rather reminds me of Star Wars ships like the separatist Providence class.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to know where the feature episode "Dust to Dust" fits into the overall mission/episode scheme and what level a player will have to be in order to play it?

Any response or answers for this question yet?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Kobali Samsar Concept

Teehee. Aniversary. I guess that's why you're artists and not writers...

Really though, I think the team did a great job.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You don't expect things that are "free" to come out without work do you? I mean this is an ideal ship.
    Two years ago they gave the 9-console Odyssey away for free, so yes, I can expect that.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I would like to know where the feature episode "Dust to Dust" fits into the overall mission/episode scheme and what level a player will have to be in order to play it?

Thanks!
    CM

Based off the last time during the event just about anyone will be able to run the mission. After the Anniversary it will be put somewhere towards the end of the Delta Rising arc. I'm willing to guess after you have done all of the Kobali zone missions
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    Two years ago they gave the 9-console Odyssey away for free, so yes, I can expect that.

Touche.

But that was before...

THE REPUTATION SYSTEM

Come to think of it, how do you get reputation by doing events?

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Touche.

But that was before...

THE REPUTATION SYSTEM

Come to think of it, how do you get reputation by doing events?

We do get Event Reputation XP after completing the event!

... where that XP goes to, though... well, that's beyond my level of comprehension.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »

3 years ago.

But you see, they gave away non-fleet level ships for free (a mission completed) while giving fleet level ships for a grind. I kinda accept that.

Now last anniversary, they gave a non-fleet level Dyson sci destroyers for a grind, unlike the previous years (odyssey/Bortas, Ambassador/Kamarag). Now that I couldn't accept.

his time around, they offer a Fleet level Kobali cruiser. So I more or less accept having to grind for it (still thankfully a bit shorter than for the summer/winter ships).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kimony wrote: »
    Names for your new meat wagon brought to you by:

The Kobali - We put the FUN in funeral!

:P

You, sir, just won an internet. Thank you.
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh that's a nice looking ship.

Not bad stats and seating too. Okay Cryptic, count me in. I shall grind for it. :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »

Thanks!
    CM

In “Dust to Dust”, captains will be teaming up with Captain Harry Kim, voiced by Garrett Wang, and Jhet'leya, voiced by Kim Rhodes, to investigate strange happenings on Kobali Prime. You’ll face off against the remnants of the Vaadwaur fleet, see the Kobali’s new flagship, and go deeper into a mystery revolving around Harry Kim that began more than thirty years ago.

Going from this in the Blog. I would say after the events. Since from where I'm at, the Vaadwaur is still a big threat. And hadn't fully got all the details of what is going on.

This is another reason why I won't be doing this FE. As it will ruin the story since I hadn't completed it yet.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zuigje010 wrote: »
    Why can't you just give us the ship and get done with it, I am tired to farm and grind everytime you come with something that is "free" I am already farming my reputation, spec points, dilithium to hopefully upgrade 1 weapon a week, farm fleet marks to get enough fleet credits to buy an item. We just did Winterland for crying out loud.........

That is already a lot of work and I want to play and enjoy the game not farm constantly.
    I am staying in Elite Dangerous, if you want me and most of your players back, make the game FUN like pre season 6 when there wasnt any intense farming as there is now, when the game was actually fun to play then it is now!

This man is my battlefeild partner, he hates farming and grinding as much as me while other people continue to grind and farm. SMIRK! TRENDY! D'ANGELO! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! NO MORE GRINDS!! NO MORE!! THIS IS WHY I DONT GIVE YOU MY MONEY!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT MAKING THIS GAME AWESOME!! YOU JUST WANT CASH!! FU*K ALL OF YOU!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    This man is my battlefeild partner, he hates farming and grinding as much as me while other people continue to grind and farm. SMIRK! TRENDY! D'ANGELO! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! NO MORE GRINDS!! NO MORE!! THIS IS WHY I DONT GIVE YOU MY MONEY!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT MAKING THIS GAME AWESOME!! YOU JUST WANT CASH!! FU*K ALL OF YOU!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Right, way to sabotage your own complaint. Here's a bit of news: not everyone thinks of this as "grinding" since if it is enjoyable why would it be "grindy"?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Y'all seen Demolition Man?

To quote John Spartan, "Now that is a thing of beauty".

It hasn't been done yet so I'll do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dU68enUUwU

And kudos to no longer having to play the freaking Q shell game.

Loving the Alien Space Battleship Yamato...pity there's no Wave Motion Gun.

all i gotta say to the wave motion gun is I WANT IT ON MY SHIP!! lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0x4XHdbyc

• makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    captsol wrote: »
    So, Pink shirts die first on Kobali ships?

This, I feel, is a valid question :P
    5rFUCPd.png

• sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will have my pseudo-Cardassian (Rom-Fed) and Ferengi (Fed) get this ship.

My Cardy needs more big ships in the fight against the True Way and my Ferengi is just doing what is natural (getting the rare stuff for status).

None of my other Feds and my Klingon/KDF would be caught in a ship of the dead (especially not the Klingons that look on dead as empty shells). :D
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That is a pretty ship.

Though there are obvious differences, it kinda reminds me of the Angelwing, Captain Marcus Cromwell's flagship from Nexus The Jupiter Incident which makes me want to get it.

Makes me glad I grinded up an extra 400 Q-Mndations last year, I shall be putting them to good use.