What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobali Samsar T6 Cruiser

Comments

• Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wish it came in faction type materials, but that's just me asking for the moon to fill up the sky you guys gave us. Honestly, fantastic looking ship.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Oh wow. That thing's actually pretty.

Too bad you kept that ridiculous grind to get it. I almost considered snagging one just to have it. But, oh well...

At least we don't have to play tag with mini Q (or so i hope).

Qua stats it is a decent enough ship, but i would have preferred a faction specific ship.

I realize it's 3x the amount of work for the dev team, but at the current rate one would think the federation, klingon empire and RR forgot how to design ships themselves.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hector our concept artist designed it and JamJamz modeled that bad boy to excellence.

The ship team is happy people are enjoying the visuals!

Heyyy our favorite artists all pop up now :D
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I may have missed this, but what is the T5 Starship Mastery power? I've got 3 of 4 slots filled, and this would complete me. :)
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Well, I'm not sure Kobali reincarnation technologies are compatible with silicon based life anyway, so that's probably fine.

Btw, you and Jamjamz are missing from the devtracker, maybe even more devs.

Also, I forgot another thank you: Thanks for the unique bridge.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Awesome looking Cruiser.

I can only imagine what those same designers could do with a T6 Bird of Prey for the C-Store, with enhanced battle cloak!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks really good. It won on the Visuals that is for sure.

I will pass on the ship, since I have no need for it. I was hoping for something better.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to get this beautiful starship.

It looks like an anime style space battleship. All it needs is the ability to launch humanoid style giant robots and the anime look will be complete.

*Goes to start thinking of some names for the Kobali Samsar Cruiser (AKA Zombie Cruiser).*

FYI
    1000 total needed to unlock. 400 from the mission and 600 (40 per day) for the rest (15 day grind) for the initial unlock. Only 40 (1 day) for each alt after the initial unlock.
    *This does not factor in people that have q-mendations left over from the 4th anniversary event, or the potentially unknown ability of buying q-mendations from the lobi store like you could last year.

My first though was "Sky Tomb" but then this kept popping into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO_CmTds74w
  • Options
    lonnie5000lonnie5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't like it. Aesthetically its not very pleasing imo. Add a thousand qmendation grind to it and it becomes even more unappealing. No thanks I'll pass on this one. :rolleyes: Seriously more grind? Why can't craptic be just appreciative and just give a ship for playing this game? :mad:
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Samsar Command Cruiser is the best Anniversary ship ever, and the Kobali love it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok, this ship is gorgeous and may make me break my "Only Faction Specific" ships for my Toons.

But, this is the free Anni. ship; any news on Faction specific Command Ships? ;)
  • Options
    starfleetb1#9233 starfleetb1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What lvl. is required to get this ship ( so i know for my new character )?
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lonnie5000 wrote: »
    I don't like it. Aesthetically its not very pleasing imo. Add a thousand qmendation grind to it and it becomes even more unappealing. No thanks I'll pass on this one. :rolleyes: Seriously more grind? Why can't craptic be just appreciative and just give a ship for playing this game? :mad:
    You know, you could try to stop using that word, it's really getting irritating seeing people calling CRYPTIC that, it's not even funny.

As with everything, this isn't a grind if you don't think of it that way.

I am definitely getting the ship, why? I want it.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think I've just found my Ferasan's new ship :D
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about just making the Anniversary mission repeatable for Qmendations since we are not getting a free ship out of it?

Even at a reduced payout it's better than the only 40 grind!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Y'all seen Demolition Man?

To quote John Spartan, "Now that is a thing of beauty".

It hasn't been done yet so I'll do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dU68enUUwU

And kudos to no longer having to play the freaking Q shell game.

Loving the Alien Space Battleship Yamato...pity there's no Wave Motion Gun.
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    Look look look man....

That's not a grin...

No, trust me, I've got experience with her. One of my crew, had one stuck to his face...there was some chest action, my CMO is outstanding, he lived it didn't...

Anyway. That's not a grin. The grin is much more subtle, she usually only does it when her head is retracted.

That's the look she has on her face when she's aiming to bite off your junk.

We were able to regrow it for him, he's all good.

zulisvel wrote: »
    Let's see:

1) Awesome ship design that invoke the image of a demon swooping down to eat you? Check.
    2) Fleet T6 level ship? Check.
    3) A boff/console layout that every Galaxy captain wishes they had? Check.
    4) A useful universal console that can be used in any ship in the game? Check.
    5) A new powerful warp/singularity core? Check.
    6) A potentially very useful mastery trait for all factions? Check.
    7) A reputation discount to reduce grinding on alts? Check.

Looks like we have a winner. :)

A Lt commander Command Specialization and Lt Commander science seat? Yeah I can live with that.
    Wow, that ship is absolutely beautiful. :eek: Definitely better looking than the flat, boxy-looking Kobali ships we saw in Delta Rising.

Maybe Starfleet's Advanced Starship Design Bureau has been giving them some pointers.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Forgive me if it's been said already... In a hurry and only skimmed the 10 pgs of posts...

1) it sounds as if the gift rotation minigame is gone, and replaced with an "Omega Molecule" minigame. This sounds interesting, and possibly more fun!

2) having a mission to complete first for the initial 400 Qpix is great, as it's more content!

3) an absolutely beautiful ship, and I am looking forward to having it on a few toons!

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Decent looking ship, but I'm only getting it because I'm a completionist that way, not because I want to sit through thirty minutes of Kobali "we may have thrown sentient rights out the window and acted sanctimonious about it, but we're totally great people" propaganda. ******n ghouls.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    You HAVE been collecting all of those dead bodies you've made in your travels across the galaxy, right? I mean, how else do you expect to pay for such a find piece of starship engineering?

Uh...about that, Supreme Leader....

One of my Captains is a sadistic psychopath. She murders and eats people for her own personal amusement. And besides, the Ferengi pay really well for dead bodies; they compress them into these little orange crystals and charge through the nose for them.

:D

Hail Tacofangs!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All those complainers... always the same :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks really nice. Very well done, visually. Not my cup of tea, though.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All those complainers... always the same :rolleyes:

The more things change, the more things stay the same.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RIGHT??

Seriously, this ship is a beautiful, creepy look. That unnerving grin...:eek:

pure evil, like alien.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    pure evil, like alien.
    It's more like the Alien Queen, actually, but then again Giger's work is hauntingly beautiful too.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nice looking ship except for the bow... highly impractical... screams ram into here for boarding parties!
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The design of the ship seems pretty nice (hard to tell for sure without seeing the 3d model). Unfortunately, the stats are pretty much bleh. Can't complain though. It is a free ship after all.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Makes me think a bunch of Draconian Marauders from Buck Rogers should launch from it.

http://www.resinilluminati.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13505&d=1215377289

:)
    signature-03.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any chance to pick up the promotional Dyson Science Destroyer for Q-mendations this year as well, for our new chars that need the DSD's secondary deflector but were born after last year's anniversary?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Any chance to pick up the promotional Dyson Science Destroyer for Q-mendations this year as well, for our new chars that need the DSD's secondary deflector but were born after last year's anniversary?

Probably not as they put the Dyson Science Destroyers in the Lobi Store for 600 Lobi