test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Samsar T6 Cruiser

Comments

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The ship seems cool, but personally I'm not interested in flying it, as neither stats nor looks really impress me.

Great to hear about the discount though. Console and a Warp Core usable on other ships are also neat additions.

Still, I think I'm only going to get the trait for my KDF and ROM characters, due to lack of anything better to use on their side...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RIGHT??

Seriously, this ship is a beautiful, creepy look. That unnerving grin...:eek:

Careful, we know what happened to the last guy who said the whole word..
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's see:

1) Awesome ship design that invoke the image of a demon swooping down to eat you? Check.
    2) Fleet T6 level ship? Check.
    3) A boff/console layout that every Galaxy captain wishes they had? Check.
    4) A useful universal console that can be used in any ship in the game? Check.
    5) A new powerful warp/singularity core? Check.
    6) A potentially very useful mastery trait for all factions? Check.
    7) A reputation discount to reduce grinding on alts? Check.

Looks like we have a winner. :)
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Beautiful ship. :)
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The ship looks awesome, whoever designed it needs either a raise or a promotion just for this ship.

One question that has been asked before, but if you have 1000 Q-mendations from last year's anniversary event, can they be used to purchase this ship? I have 4 characters who have 1000 Q-mendations and I'd like to get the ship on all of them (they're all Engineers, so the ship is perfect for them).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok this design is cool...boy my time is going to become precious with this and Homeworld coming soon....:D

But seriously really neat design - kind of aggressive looking with what look like downward pointing horns or something...

Kind of reminds me of this in a good way :D
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think I'll get this for my KDF alien and throw the Jem'Hadar (Maybe Honor Guard? Nah, not worth the grind) shields on it... Should make for a nice semi-generic but cool-looking starship.

...Oh wait, it's a grind. No thanks. I'll just take the Qmendations for my Fed, throw them in the Dyson Destroyer rep project, and maybe run the daily a few times (rather than a few million as I'd have to for the new one), then just get that ship.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's awesome looking nice
    GwaoHAD.png
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As I suspected, ship has "We're here to steal your dead by force. Why? Because the more of you dead gives us more to steal."

I still think the Kobali are out kill as many as possible to increase their numbers for the invasion to come. Another secret servitor race of the Iconians, programed to increase their numbers through their "transformation process", unknowingly awaiting the activation signal from the Iconians to start the invasion of their return.
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't like using 'alien' ships, especially for a Starfleet officer, but this will definitely be an exception. Looks good in layout and looks! Glad I have some Qmendations left over from last year :D
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow, that ship is absolutely beautiful. :eek: Definitely better looking than the flat, boxy-looking Kobali ships we saw in Delta Rising.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is it just me or does this cruiser look like an actually complete ship and not just a cheap forerunner for a cstore set like the last few anniversaries?

It also reminds me of Split ships from X3 which is very welcome.

I think this is going to be a good year.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    3 tac consoles, zero to nothing offensive.

Somewhat good healer.

Healers make no sense in PvE, they do make sense in PvP.

PvP is gone.

I wonder if Cryptic is endlessly trying to troll us releasing ships that would be good for a dead part of the game which, which, is the most important part of a MMO. I feel insulted a bit.

No wait, they insulted us from the very first time bran left. After then, PvP went downhill to a degree that I hate most of the devs in here.

hops on Spitfire, recharges cannons, goes to War Thunder with rest of STO PvPers
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What is the "1 Command Engineering"?
    Bridger.png
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    What is the "1 Command Engineering"?

New specialization, Command. It is an hybrid seat, like the old Intel/whatever
    edited January 2015
    That is not what I meant what Level is this Bridge Officer?
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Command/Engineering, 1 Command Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal
    Bridger.png
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can someone please tell me what the turn rate will be? Thanks!
    signature.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    That is not what I meant what Level is this Bridge Officer?
    Probably a typo for "Commander".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks great. Though - if possible - I will change the colour of the hull.

The Dyson destroyers recently got new hull material options added to make them look more like a Fed/Klingon/Romulan design. Will there be faction materials available for this ship as well?
    edited January 2015

Base Turn Rate: 7 degrees per second
    Bridger.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glacial, probably - it's a cruiser. On the other tentacle, that's what RCS consoles are for, right?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • helgmornhelgmorn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will grind for this ship, yes yes, indeed.

I love the looks, lovee the stats, console is awesome this is fantastic :)
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didn't grind for those ugly Breen ships and it looks like I can skip the grind for this one. It just doesn't seem worth it to bother.

Oh well, maybe next years Winter and Anniversary Ships will be better.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    3 tac consoles, zero to nothing offensive.

Somewhat good healer.

Healers make no sense in PvE, they do make sense in PvP.

PvP is gone.

I wonder if Cryptic is endlessly trying to troll us releasing ships that would be good for a dead part of the game which, which, is the most important part of a MMO. I feel insulted a bit.

No wait, they insulted us from the very first time bran left. After then, PvP went downhill to a degree that I hate most of the devs in here.

hops on Spitfire, recharges cannons, goes to War Thunder with rest of STO PvPers

*A Wild Me-262 comes out of the clouds shooting down your spitfire... then crashes into a wild bridge* <<< Replace the Spitfire with an B-17 and... True story... bridge never saw me coming.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    szim wrote: »
    It looks great. Though - if possible - I will change the colour of the hull.

The Dyson destroyers recently got new hull material options added to make them look more like a Fed/Klingon/Romulan design. Will there be faction materials available for this ship as well?

Even though I would like this too, I doubt it. It would be just as unlikely as having a Fed hull on the Breen carrier or the Sheshar. This ship is another alien vessel with lockbox stats, not like the Dyson ships last year that were actually faction ships.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    *A Wild Me-262 comes out of the clouds shooting down your spitfire... then crashes into a wild bridge* <<< Replace the Spitfire with an B-17 and... True story... bridge never saw me coming.

*photons dissolving noise*

it was a hologram!

*Spitfire decloaks and destroys the Me-262* :eek:
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thats one sexy Tractor for sure!!!!!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zulisvel wrote: »
    3) A boff/console layout that every Galaxy captain wishes they had? Check.
    EVERY one? Nah.
    The ship looks awesome, whoever designed it needs either a raise or a promotion just for this ship.

One question that has been asked before, but if you have 1000 Q-mendations from last year's anniversary event, can they be used to purchase this ship? I have 4 characters who have 1000 Q-mendations and I'd like to get the ship on all of them (they're all Engineers, so the ship is perfect for them).
    I believe that's why they normalized anniversary elite currency.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Legit question for Trendy.

Will this ship be handled similarly to how the Summer and Winter ships are done? Essentially, will you get a discount on all your other characters to purchase this ship after using 1000 to buy it on one?

I am sure people will be asking this as this would be a huge bonus to those of us with several alts.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When Will the event start and for how long?