What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ITS BACK!!!!!! - Load Out and Statiosn CLEARING

Comments

• Options
    vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I use my biography tab as a "note pad", where I write down the boffs name for each station /ship.
    Since "save loadout" doesn't work properly, this is the only way not to lost boffs at stations.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vnm51 wrote: »
    I use my biography tab as a "note pad", where I write down the boffs name for each station /ship.
    Since "save loadout" doesn't work properly, this is the only way not to lost boffs at stations.

You know you can make entries in your personal log right? Explore the mission menu and you should find it. I keep all kinds of data there, from builds to exchange prices and the results of tests I run on game mechanics.

Its not perfect but you can make as many entries as you like so you may find it slightly easier to organize. Just a shame about the system generated spam in there... but you can filter that.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After the latest patch which had a few notes on fixing issues with disappearing bridge officers I take no pleasure in reporting that this is still broken.

Multiple characters on my account (@Jackal1701a) end up with no bridge officers assigned to their stations when beaming from ground to my ship.

Pressing to load the saved loadout does NOTHING. Swapping a console or putting in one boff then selecting the loadout does NOTHING.
    I have to go back and slot boffs one by one then select the skills I want them to use (new BOFF training mechanic - makes this take much longer) and drag power buttons onto a laggy tray that doesn't even work when I click the buttons.

My STO experience is pretty much doffing and omega minigame now. I avoid any form of combat content (be it missions or queues) due to these issues.

It may be the slightest bit of courtesy to add this issue to the list of known issues at the bottom of every patch note. As it's exactly that... a game-breaking and KNOWN issue that was introduced MONTHS ago.

I loaded through my 10 toons this morning and 8 of them had this issue (and were fine last night). This isn't a once in a blue moon occurance. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The issue with missing Boffs skills after getting in sector space still exists for me.
    One click on the Boff stations and reload the loadout seems to fix the problem here.
    Thank you!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • Options
    koblih00koblih00 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Heh, I also have trouble with this Bug
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The best fix I have noticed as I only use 2 saved slot per ship, is when it removed your boffs from the stations and clears their skills from your hot bar.

Is to first go in and, select the previous saved load out you wish to be using, the little circle should fill in with a dot!

Now when this is done, it may or, may not actually seem to do anything but, you need complete a second step!

The second step, is to go to the stations tab and, in my case the moment I click on this, it automatically assigns the corresponding boffs from the saved load out, to their stations for me, as well as add their saved skills to my hot bar.

This has been working for me at 100% perfectly so far!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am just throwing this out there....

Could switching BETWEEN CHARACTERS be causing some of these issues?

This occurred to me this weekend as I was changing characters. When I new character loaded, a screen I had open - say the doff tab - would still be open that I was looking at on the previous character. Also when you are doing the exchange or Doffing, filters you were using on the last toon are still applied.

So it seems that some things relate to your whole account and not just a character. Is the database just getting confused at times?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am just throwing this out there....

Could switching BETWEEN CHARACTERS be causing some of these issues?

This occurred to me this weekend as I was changing characters. When I new character loaded, a screen I had open - say the doff tab - would still be open that I was looking at on the previous character. Also when you are doing the exchange or Doffing, filters you were using on the last toon are still applied.

So it seems that some things relate to your whole account and not just a character. Is the database just getting confused at times?

It occurs, even when you first log in for the day!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    It occurs, even when you first log in for the day!

yeah, I know there is no rhyme or reason to when and where it occurs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    any idea at which time we can expect this finaly fixed ? and i know. next expansion will broke it again. so why bother to fix it ?
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Confirmed for getting the bug on my characters now as well.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    czertik123 wrote: »
    any idea at which time we can expect this finaly fixed

Dosnt sound like its getting a fix. In the latest interview with priority one Captain Geko expressed a view that the system is 'fantastic' just as it is:

Priority One: Al. I want to have a sit down talk with you about the loadout system for a moment.

Geko: [Chuckle]

Priority One: What can you tell us about the mechanic?

Geko: I don't know anything about it. I don't want to know...

Priority One: [Laughter]

Geko: ...wasn't me. Our loadout system should be pretty solid right now. Are you still having problems? I am currently not having any problems. But I do feel your pain because it has frustrated me that things keep breaking on it. But at this point we will see what happens right?

Priority One: Not since the anniversary event I haven't had an issue but then again I haven't, Well no I have changed maps. And so far its been pretty stable. But do you know what was causing the problem? In the weeks leading up to the 5th anniversary event some times you would log in and there were no bridge officers in your stations.

Geko: In all honestly its just stupid bugs and this is entirely, very little, that the design department has to do, with those lev, its just technical bugs that are just failing and some reasons and you know you fix one thing and you cause another bug and bugs happen so its been too buggy for my taste considering the amount of time put into it. Its still a fantastic system. The new bridge officer training system doesn't exactly work with the loadouts but it still works with the loadouts. And that was really your answer but basically whatever you put on your ship will be remembered but its not remembered in the loadouts. Its just remembered in that ship so you cant have differant bridge officer loadouts with the loadouts but it is saved for the ship. So erm their not necessarily tied together. But they are remembered per ship. So why has it broken? Just because humans, and hopefully the worst of this is behind us at this point. I mean we have got the new system now. I think its live now. If you get a brand new ship. It'll try to move all the items over from your last ship. Which will be a really good time saver for any new ship. It will work for any ship that doesn't have loadouts. Even if you have an old ship that you didn't modify. As soon as you modify a ship it gets a default loadout. So if you have never modified a ship, when you go into it and you load it up it will take the items from your last one. The whole thing is supposed to make things easier but yeah its frustrating when you log in and your bridge officers are missing and your powers are missing or your items are not there.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The problem is getting worse for me.
    The last 3 days I've had one of my three toons spawn from the start with all stations abandoned, then last night 2 of the three spawn with empty stations. In almost 3 years of playing I've never had this issue until the midseason update a few weeks ago, and almost daily since then I've had a character with an abandoned bridge on entering the game. Not only have all 3 toons lost ALL of their trained BOFF abilities from before this patch but now I have reseat characters BOFF's on an almost nightly basis.

:mad:

Is this working as intended ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Edit:

This has been happening randomly for me too
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This bug is getting very irritating... Is It solved with the febrary 12th's patch?

I will no longer play until this bug is fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    trek021trek021 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have another friend with a toon. (we tried Rom-Kdf and kdf)
    -KDF toon in orbit around Quo'nos, all boffs set.
    -Rom-KDF in 1st city

-KDF toon sends team invite to rom-kdf (accepted)
    -kdf toon beams down
    -rom-kdf leaves team
    -kdf toon beams in orbit
    -kdf boffs gone

-tested ~50 times... 100% of the tests boffs were gone when beamed back in orbit

hope it helps
  • Options
    milsaromilsaro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    its still there :mad:
  • Options
    siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dosnt sound like its getting a fix. In the latest interview with priority one Captain Geko expressed a view that the system is 'fantastic' just as it is:

Priority One: Al. I want to have a sit down talk with you about the loadout system for a moment.

Geko: [Chuckle]

Priority One: What can you tell us about the mechanic?

Geko: I don't know anything about it. I don't want to know...

Priority One: [Laughter]

Geko: ...wasn't me. Our loadout system should be pretty solid right now. Are you still having problems? I am currently not having any problems. But I do feel your pain because it has frustrated me that things keep breaking on it. But at this point we will see what happens right?

Priority One: Not since the anniversary event I haven't had an issue but then again I haven't, Well no I have changed maps. And so far its been pretty stable. But do you know what was causing the problem? In the weeks leading up to the 5th anniversary event some times you would log in and there were no bridge officers in your stations.

Geko: In all honestly its just stupid bugs and this is entirely, very little, that the design department has to do, with those lev, its just technical bugs that are just failing and some reasons and you know you fix one thing and you cause another bug and bugs happen so its been too buggy for my taste considering the amount of time put into it. Its still a fantastic system. The new bridge officer training system doesn't exactly work with the loadouts but it still works with the loadouts. And that was really your answer but basically whatever you put on your ship will be remembered but its not remembered in the loadouts. Its just remembered in that ship so you cant have differant bridge officer loadouts with the loadouts but it is saved for the ship. So erm their not necessarily tied together. But they are remembered per ship. So why has it broken? Just because humans, and hopefully the worst of this is behind us at this point. I mean we have got the new system now. I think its live now. If you get a brand new ship. It'll try to move all the items over from your last ship. Which will be a really good time saver for any new ship. It will work for any ship that doesn't have loadouts. Even if you have an old ship that you didn't modify. As soon as you modify a ship it gets a default loadout. So if you have never modified a ship, when you go into it and you load it up it will take the items from your last one. The whole thing is supposed to make things easier but yeah its frustrating when you log in and your bridge officers are missing and your powers are missing or your items are not there.

I respectfully submit the following customer feedback: my system trays are losing my load outs, and the DOffs are AWOL. I am not new at this, and I spent Zen on extra load outs in the hopes that it will encourage developer improvement in this area. There is no excuse for an interface that fails at the beginning of a Scenario.

If my car had the instrument cluster and the steering wheel fail when I turned the key and put it in reverse gear to get out of my driveway... This would discourage me from driving activities...
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I haven't tested since today's patch, but I got it last night... and get it very often now it seems...

And it doesn't stop at my starship, if I check my shuttle (Delta Flyer) both Boffs are gone there as well.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Had no problem with the D'Kora earlier, then switched to the Apex, made sure everything was in place, saved the loadout and went into Cure Space... well, my BOff Stations where all manned but the tray was clean, no BOff skills whatsoever... needless to say how amused I was...after juuuust setting everything up. Thankfully, I am pretty skilled in that regard now...
  • Options
    makefluxmakeflux Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've hit my limit. I'm just so frustrated having to reload my ship constantly, or warp into an STF with nothing on my bars.

I will be taking a break.

Hopefully STO soon takes a triage approach to bugs like this, 3 of my fleet-mates are plagued with this as well.

-Make
  • Options
    kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did a little Nuka ground fighting came up... Loadout all messed up
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And it keeps happening .....

on a ship without loadouts I transwarp to do dust to dust and station are gone again.

on another char I just did a step between stars and after completing it and taking back my ship with an existing loadout all skills are messed with one boff having 7 skills slots, some skills on my skills bar that I didn't have on my boff, etc etc ...

Really bored to loose time fixing all this mess because of craptic incompetence.

Don't expect me to be nice and happy about sto with all those bugs. Bored ! It's nto serious at all
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is what happened on one of my characters after setting up new loadouts. It's not working as intended, if at all.

I can save loadouts, and they will load on switching ships, but not completely: Doffs are not changed. I have to manually load a loadout after I switch ships to load everything. Sometimes I beam into space and the tray and all stations are empty. I can load a loadout to fix it. Partial success, but still broken.

Some of my friends from the fleet who did the same report the same issues, but cannot reliably fix it by loading a loadout.

On a side note, loading loadouts also takes very long (~5-10 seconds) without clear indication of activity. This should be changed.

How can saving and loading data cause so much trouble?
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    just beamed back to my ship after clearing Empok Nor in the mission "The Long Night" and all my boffs got unslotted again.

Whatever you did in the last patch it doesn't work. It seems that the loadout bug is here to stay and it will accompany us for many more weeks .
  • Options
    internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stations are being cleared much, much more frequently since the patch yesterday. Not sure what, if anything, changed, but it's now considerably worse.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm still getting both empty stations and boffs forgetting their skill selection after the 2-12 patch. Yesterday I had to fix the stations on one ship twice. Several others had empty stations.

I was switching between all of my characters to set up doff missions, and changing zones (ESD, Sirius, etc.)

If QA is unable to replicate, please use accounts with multiple characters, and switch between characters without exiting the client.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    yall are under the misconception that they fixed this. if you read the notes closely they fixed a VERY SPECIFIC issue that wasn't really what most of us are experiencing.

They have yet to actually address these these bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At least half a dozen times now I've been disconnected and logged back into the character I was playing on (several different ones) to find stations cleared. No map changes were involved.

I'm still noticing my power tray bar 7 (contains abilities bound to shift+space) is sometimes not restored (all abilities are gone) when activating a loadout that otherwise restores boffs and abilities to their correct positions in bars 1-3.

-
    If QA is unable to replicate, please use accounts with multiple characters, and switch between characters without exiting the client.

Agree with this. If QA is having to work at replicating an issue that is plaguing so many players so frequently, they probably need to test in a way that mimics how people are playing: frequent character switching, lots of boffs, trays filled with abilities, etc.

It'd also be nice just to get some kind of update on what's going on. This is one of those exceptionally widespread bugs that somehow never even earns a mention in the known issues section of the patch notes. I think the last we heard was from Frost some 20 days ago, aside from Geko's half-sympathetic, half-dismissive answer to Priority One when they brought it up.
  • Options
    makefluxmakeflux Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Loadouts still bugged. Going to try and check in daily and make sure this thread stays on the forefront.