test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ITS BACK!!!!!! - Load Out and Statiosn CLEARING

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I thought this bug was fixed a while back but tonight it came back.

I joined PvE Queues from Delta Quadrant and had no issues. I returned to ESD to heal from Bug Hunt and joined Borg Disconnected PvE. Upon entering I noticed that all of my bridge officers had been removed. I played the event with the handicap and reset my bridge and use tray upon returning to ESD.

From ESD Sector space I joined Cured Space PvE and once again all my settings / bridge officers were reset and removed.

I think this qualifies as a bug.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Loosing my boffs too when map switching
  • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I'm seeing it again too.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This problem occurs on my ship as well. It happens when switching maps. Yesterday I was doing a mission which involved ground and space combat. After I finished ground I beamed back to the ship and was thrown into space combat right after beam out. But I saw that my bridge officers were unslotted from their positions. So I had to move out of range of the enemy and reslot them. But this isn't the only occasion this happened. Alot of times after any map switching, they got unslotted. For me this is been happening since last maintenance. (15-01-2015)

A fix would be greatly appreciated.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Once you've got your ship prepared, boffs, doffs, and equipment, save your loadout !
    Then if it ever gets cleared you simply need to click on the loadout you saved to restore everything as it was.
    If you change consoles often.. save your loadout often.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • seifer1701seifer1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    HEY PWE HERE"S A THOUGHT!!!

How about you STOP adding new stuff to a broken system!? You can add as many PRETTY links to the chain as you want but the chain is still BROKEN! Now you're wasting time setting up this completely useless new loadout point to where 3 years ago when i lvled my toons can NOW just suddenly swap gear over, ONE TIME?! after that it's completely useless! WHY?! WHAT IS THE POINT!? How much time and money did you waste on THIS bright idea!? How many more months of patches is it going to take to unscrew that one up after you release it?! STOP CHANGING THE GAME AND FIX WHAT YOU HAVE OR MORE OF US ARE GOING TO LEAVE! WHO THE H3LL is running things up there!? Do you have a CLUE?!

I swear just release the coding to the players, they're more competent when it comes to patching, modding and fixing bugs than YOUR WHOLE COMPANY IS!
  • kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes. Yesterday I had two characters totally cleaned out and had to set it all up again. Trying to use the select saved Loadout resulted in the wrong BOFFs being placed and still 3 empty seats.

EDIT: A thought, the new upcoming feature will have an opt-out toggle. Maybe the whole loadout can have a toggle as well. I, for one, would just like to always and forever manually set my ship up instead of entering missions and finding your tray blank. Not good for the team either if you do not have your things at your fingertips.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    seifer1701 wrote: »
    HEY PWE HERE"S A THOUGHT!!!

How about you STOP adding new stuff to a broken system!? You can add as many PRETTY links to the chain as you want but the chain is still BROKEN! Now you're wasting time setting up this completely useless new loadout point to where 3 years ago when i lvled my toons can NOW just suddenly swap gear over, ONE TIME?! after that it's completely useless! WHY?! WHAT IS THE POINT!? How much time and money did you waste on THIS bright idea!? How many more months of patches is it going to take to unscrew that one up after you release it?! STOP CHANGING THE GAME AND FIX WHAT YOU HAVE OR MORE OF US ARE GOING TO LEAVE! WHO THE H3LL is running things up there!? Do you have a CLUE?!

I swear just release the coding to the players, they're more competent when it comes to patching, modding and fixing bugs than YOUR WHOLE COMPANY IS!

How about you stop talking for people. .

Not all of us feel this way thanks. .

On another note. . .

Just save the load out and load it up etc. . Had this issue myself and just clicked load out and boom problem solved. .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Once you've got your ship prepared, boffs, doffs, and equipment, save your loadout !
    Then if it ever gets cleared you simply need to click on the loadout you saved to restore everything as it was.

Nope. Doesnt work. I started the last patrol missions in DR on a Klink toon. Warped into the first patrol..... no Boffs in position.

OK I'll jump run away till I can select the loadout again....nope..."unable to load some items on loadout" or something similar appears WHICHEVER loadout I select.

OK I'll leave to sector space and try again.....nope still wont load.

Long story short is I had to rebuild it manually.

And they are adding more "features" to this loadout system? That scares the living TRIBBLE out of me.
    :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    On another note. . .

Just save the load out and load it up etc. . Had this issue myself and just clicked load out and boom problem solved. .

This may work for some, but for me this does not work at all. It works when I provoke the change, but when the system for some reason wants to send my BOFFs on leave and I try to load the tray it gets it all wrong. Every single time. Not all of the players in this game are new to games, or even this game. ;-)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This bug is hitting me hard over and over on all characters now. Warp into new map for combat and all Boffs removed. Loadouts are also forgotten. So I have to set up all bridge officer stations again. Save loadout - repeat - Boffs all erased - loadout forgotten etc... etc... etc....
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes! I am tired of having to redo my Boff layout on map change!!! I have load outs saved but that does no good. So I have to go back and figure out what i had cause on 22 toons and lots of ships I don't memorize each and every layout!!! Come on guys??? Reallly!! What good is this function if continually broke. :(
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm sure someone will say stop complaining and enjoy the pretty new boff icons and simple ship transition system that are coming, that will remove all your criticism from the game :P.

Really though I'm having this and initial attempts to find a way around it (which I shouldn't but god knows letting Cryptic fix it is a waste of time). This is exactly why I would plead to Cryptic not to add new systems when the ones they've added are getting worse.

Best thing I can suggest is remove everything from the ship and save it as a loadout then put everything back on and save it. I really don't want to have to do this but if I can't find an easier solution then that's what I'll have to do.

When Cryptic starts patching...start worrying.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I have not been having loadout issues till the last patch, however, I am losing my boffs when beaming somewhere, and furthermore, my loadout doesn't pull them back normally. However, if I first hit "u" and go to stations, and click on a station, and then load my loadouts, it works perfectly.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well boffs unequipped and when I try to load my loadout its 1 or 2 loaded only....

tried to sve the loadout at diff locations

not only afetr map change but also after lofgging in its cleared some times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have not been having loadout issues till the last patch, however, I am losing my boffs when beaming somewhere, and furthermore, my loadout doesn't pull them back normally. However, if I first hit "u" and go to stations, and click on a station, and then load my loadouts, it works perfectly.

Thanks for posting this workaround. It worked for me just now. Was able to pull up the loadout.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015

cool that it worked for YOU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about you stop talking for people. .

Not all of us feel this way thanks. .

On another note. . .

Why is it that when anyone simply expresses their opinion, you decide they're trying to speak for everyone? This is the second or third time today I've seen you say this.

On another note, this happened to me (boffs disappearing) and I had the loadout saved. Guess what, that didn't fix the problem. I had to reset my stations manually.

How about you take your own advice and stop speaking for people that are having issues.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My boff stations have so far cleared twice since last patch.
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For a few solid weeks I had few problems with loadouts/boff wipes. Loadouts were aggressively loading correct items on map changes, say if I added a piece of gear temporarily for a particular mission. I had one character that continually lost doffs, but that was about the only persistent issue.

As of the recent patch, every character I use frequently (11) is seeing abilities and boffs cleared. In some cases, gear was also cleared. Not one loadout reloaded anything properly. In about half the cases, activating a loadout put a couple boffs in the wrong seats and loaded no abilities to the tray. In other cases, not one boff was loaded. In some cases, manually adding boffs to their correct stations restored abilities to their correct places in the tray. In most cases, it didn't.

Previously, I'd been able to semi-fix loadout problems by saving a loadout, removing an item, and reloading in system space. Unfortunately, map changes are still clearing abilities and boffs now, not long after "fixing" it. They never reload properly. Teamed space combat is out of the question at the moment. Trying to do anything other than doffing this weekend would be a complete waste of my time, due to how time consuming it is to manually fix loadouts so frequently.

This is long past shameful. I've barely bothered to look at upcoming features. In the face of a game you can't play because of a paid feature that fails ad nauseum, new content and features just aren't relevant.
  • kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I feel ya brother! They keep saying this is fixed when clearly it is not...

This and the Zen, thanks for you money now we ban you bug are killing the game for me.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    I've only had it hit me after running the same 'patrol' for the 6th or 7th time.

Then don't run those patrols...

But there isn't much else to do

Then go talk to your fleetmates...

Uhm, they left 4 weeks ago. It's a ghosttown.

Well good then, you have time to re-adjust your loadouts.

Muther-fracking-son-of-a-donkey.... *shakes fist at imaginary evil entity*
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That a good idea... oh hey, I did that and when I triggered my loadout, it only put two of my five boffs back into their positions. Fortunately, the bug is not removing ship gear (didn't check my doffs last time). :rolleyes:
    edited January 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    That a good idea... oh hey, I did that and when I triggered my loadout, it only put two of my five boffs back into their positions. Fortunately, the bug is not removing ship gear (didn't check my doffs last time). :rolleyes:

Have you tried doing this:
    However, if I first hit "u" and go to stations, and click on a station, and then load my loadouts, it works perfectly.

?
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The loadout bug is back in full force... but well, is clear that they (the devs) do not care about about it.. maybe in 1 more year we can see it fix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theredvikingttheredvikingt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I do this but does NOT work still re-slotting Boff's and occasional ship components.
    edited January 2015
    From my experience with it, it appears that there's been some change that lately affected bridge officer being noticed. Basically, what happens is that after losing my bridge officers, they can't be pulled in. When I go look at my bridge officers, I can see the comissioned bridge officers, but when I hit the dropdown on a universal station, it lists first about 4, and then lists the full 12. After it's listed all 12, the loadout will function correctly.

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Having the issue on a few alts, does not bode well for new ship instant load out thingy.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately the same issue after the last patch:(
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    had it twice in the past days