What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Ship Transition

Comments

• Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The systems are NOT buggy, they work AS INTENDED, the ONLY reason you THINK it is buggy is BECAUSE of the fact that YOU ARE USING IT WRONG.

This made me laugh:D
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have to admit: I only see this being useful for new characters, leveling up...

But that may just be me of cause.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't see a need for this system. When leveling, I upgraded practically everything. So I would not use it when leveling. When I buy a new 'end game' ship, I can add my old equipment to it using the double click method to select what I want from my inventory and other ships. I basically never swap everything from 'end game' ship to 'end game' ship because of differences in consoles and allowed weapon types.

I would NEVER USE this feature. Sure I suppose it is cool if you want to use your mk ii gear on your new tier 3 ship, but who does that?

So instead of new content or reward balancing, we get more stuff like this huh?
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've only got one question about this:

Did anybody who plays the game actually ASK for this function?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our new simple ship transition feature will be available to all players by default. For Captains who do not want to utilize this new feature, there will be an option to turn it off.

~LaughingTrendy

Very much appreciated, thank you.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our new simple ship transition feature will be available to all players by default. For Captains who do not want to utilize this new feature, there will be an option to turn it off.

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you! :)

tk79 wrote: »
    Thank you. I will suggest though that you make it disabled by default instead, seeing most of the answers in this and other topics on the subject.

That would be the cherry on the top indeed :cool:
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Should I assume this is the reason why my slotted bridge officers are being unslotted on the occasional map transfer?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you, so much, for this and for listening to community voices.

As a person just above here states, the current loadout system is again experiencing issues with BOFFs going AWOL thus the tray is going blank. Selecting a previously saved loadout does not fix it, puts two wrong BOFFs back and other seats empty. Perhaps an feature to turn off loadouts completely would be prudent as well.

I would much rather set up my ship manually every time I switch back to it, then having a blank tray when entering STFs f.ex. Having no efficient setup does not help my team either.
  • Options
    shadowhunter09shadowhunter09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i would like to ask for some opinions and thoughts on this subject for our up coming podcast for TFD Radio. Please check us out here, http://www.tfdgaming.com/tfdradio we have a speak pipe widget that we can use audio clips for air. Please leave your game name, fleet, and why you think this a good or bad idea. We have 90 seconds of record time per message, also you can email us your thoughts as well to shadowhunter08@tfdcommunications.com , if you leave a voice msg with us on speak pipe you are giving us permission to use it on air in a podcast.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sooo.........

Is this an admission the loadout system doesn't function as intended? Because that's all I see here.

A loadout system to be used only for new ships that replicates what the current loadout system already does, if not well.

Why is this a thing? This is nothing more than overcomplicating an ALREADY overcomplicated system. And for what reason? I can't see a single logical reason to do this at all.

Glad there's gonna be an "opt out" for this, because I'm not seeing any benefit to having the system on in the first place.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vawlkus wrote: »
    Sooo.........

Is this an admission the loadout system doesn't function as intended? Because that's all I see here.

A loadout system to be used only for new ships that replicates what the current loadout system already does, if not well.

Why is this a thing? This is nothing more than overcomplicating an ALREADY overcomplicated system. And for what reason? I can't see a single logical reason to do this at all.

Glad there's gonna be an "opt out" for this, because I'm not seeing any benefit to having the system on in the first place.

They basically shot themselves in the foot with a cannon, with the whole loadout system. It has been nothing but trouble ever since they introduced it, BOFFs and skills pop out and you got to do it all over again no matter if you saved your loadout or not. There has been workarounds from gamers, but it's been a band-aid at best as a week later it happens again.

The main problem for them is they can not go back on it because some "smart" person had the idea to sell more loadout slots. So if they go back on it now they would have to reimburse people that bought them, heaven knows who would actually buy these.

It could be "fixed" by having a opt-out of the whole thing. Want to have loadouts? Press yes and be able to buy slots and whatnot. Do not want to use it? Press No. You will still own your bought loadout slots if you ever want, for some inexplicable reason, to activate it again.

Since the heads of everything here are Chinese, admitting you've not done the right thing is something so alien it is rarely done. It is called lose face, and they rather jump off a cliff (literally) than do so.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finally the community is listened to for once! Thank you though I'm still skeptical this 'one' example isn't going to change my mind about STO and Cryptic as a whole. I thought Cryptic were changing before and then things just got worse. I still have doubts that this will still affect those that opt out but at the very least thanks is still due.

I can only hope Cryptic conitunes to learn lessons and heck even avoid getting in to these situations in the first place. It would be nice not to have to opt out but I'll take that over being forced it.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    5,000 quatloos for an opt out
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    5,000 quatloos for an opt out

There is a Opt out now for captains that don;t want this feature
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bigjohn1958bigjohn1958 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Switching ships will get a whole lot easier! In our continuing effort to work on quality-of-life improvements for Star Trek Online, we are adding a new system for simple ship transitions!

Check out our new Simple Ship Transition system coming soon!

Update: Our new simple ship transition feature will be available to all players by default. For Captains who do not want to utilize this new feature, there will be an option to turn it off.

~LaughingTrendy

Come on people give it chance i know change it hard beeing 55 years old i have seen a lot of changes.you cant please everyone so why not give it a chance you have the option to shut it off so if you dont like it shut it off
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Come on people give it chance i know change it hard beeing 55 years old i have seen a lot of changes.you cant please everyone so why not give it a chance you have the option to shut it off so if you dont like it shut it off

For me it is not shrugging off a new thing. I simply cannot think of a scenario where I would want to carry over ALL of my gear. Half at best, and when I was leveling my last toon I kept maybe 2 things when moving to a new ship tier.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you very much. Its much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since when do you speak on behalf of the whole gaming comunity of STO? Simply repost and say I do not want it,I dont think its needed...some people with self entitlement issues should not be allowed to post...

And yet one more example of the "memememe" and "nownownownow" generation,please keep your self entitlement in check and consider that other players may not *shocker" share your opinion.

I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't do.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In a way this might solve the layout and loadout problems. I got a new ship for FED. I added everything I use to it. Just one option for shield feature gets dropped off. I save everything and still does it. Load up 8472 mission and sure enough that one module is not in the slot. I have to restore from a saved spot. Then it shows up.

Now you have a new system, just hope works as stated. But do give us the option when you implement to the system let us choose to opt out or opt in. I rather keep what I have in place though. Too much work to change everything around now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    gravtronf2pgravtronf2p Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the opt-out.

Now we need the mass delete of common items on a new ship.

Oh, BTW, please make the current load-out system is trustworthy. As of now I still have to verify everything is properly populated. The BO issue is really a big problem when I am switching ships I have not played in awhile. This problem also happens when the episode puts you in a different ship. Fixing the mess in the power tray just slows me down. It would be better to just leave it empty and let me do it. And when switching back to your ship the BO slots are usually empty, you have to remember who was where and once again verify everything is populated correctly. Right now, I am expending EC to change the name of my BOs with a slot suffix every time I make assignment changes to minimize this issue. I play up to five different ships across 15 toons. It's hard enough keeping track as is. Buggy features just makes this more difficult.
  • Options
    schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think that 99% of the player base will imediatly turn this feature off as soon as it goes live.
  • Options
    whyomewhyome Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think the dev team is taking any advice from the player base this "Simple Ship Transition " will cause more problems that we want.

From what has happened in the past I can see that when it goes live the first ship we go to will be fine but if we change it to a different ship it will bug of our gear we worked hard on will disappear and be lost to the void. In the defence of the dev's and PWE its a nice idea but there has to be an opt out for any one which does not wish to take the opportunity to have there gear lost.

Now what we really want to see is more content / ship interiors / Dev's listening to the players & community & ultimately less of the stability updates as from most players perspective is several hours of down time and still a large amount of UI lag & rubber banding.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I want an 'opt-out' option as well. It's bad enough I have to balance all the gear in inventory I want to keep with the junk I keep getting from missions that I want to flush, but the new system will introduce a new way for the game to infuse junk gear into my inventory ?

No thanks ! I'de rather do it my self than rely on an automated system that might lose primo gear if it glitches when I ready a ship for it's first voyage, and clogs my inventory even more with gear I'll be dumping. Heck, I don't even use the current loadout system because it's so unpredictable, now you want to introduce a new system that basically does the same thing on ship launch ? Pass.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    whyome wrote: »
    I don't think the dev team is taking any advice from the player base this "Simple Ship Transition " will cause more problems that we want.

From what has happened in the past I can see that when it goes live the first ship we go to will be fine but if we change it to a different ship it will bug of our gear we worked hard on will disappear and be lost to the void. In the defence of the dev's and PWE its a nice idea but there has to be an opt out for any one which does not wish to take the opportunity to have there gear lost.

Now what we really want to see is more content / ship interiors / Dev's listening to the players & community & ultimately less of the stability updates as from most players perspective is several hours of down time and still a large amount of UI lag & rubber banding.

They already listened to feedback about it and added an opt out option. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They already listened to feedback about it and added an opt out option. :P

Think it's a combination of things. People not reading through the 25+ pages and any they do see are opt out it's just quicker and easier to reply with their view.

The chances of a dev response and one giving them what they and the community want is so rare it's a hard to break the habit of crying out for something we've actually been given :P. I'm sure we'll still get more people who see this thread or patchnotes and cry out and that's when the community does itself no favours by not reading:P.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Going with the chorus here. Different ships need different gear. This is mildly useful for an unleveled char but it's useless at endgame.

Better suggestion if you're set on adding it: Just put a button in the "new ship" dialogue to move your gear from your current ship. That way it can be used or ignored on a case-by-case basis. Blanket settings are generally bad.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why on Earth do we even need this?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im trying to understand this.

I get a new ship and ready it. Then it transfers all my weapons and and consoles and such? It seems like it can cause a bit of head aches and messed up builds. I already have issues with assigned space doffs becoming unassigned and my BOFFs becoming unassigned. Along with random gear, every once and a while, moving to my other ships when I go to the ship yard.

It seems like it could be useful for new characters when you are just trying to switch out fast and get back but at max level it might be a bit of a hassle.

Can we get a setting to disable this also?

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to chime in for an off switch for the loadout system. I still have to re-crew ships frequently, and my quickbars are a damned mess because I can't keep them set. I don't even *use* the loadout system, though I may have experimented with it at one point (and regretfully).

It really sucks to fix everything, load a mission and find your crew have gone AWOL.