What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Ship Transition

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our new simple ship transition feature will be available to all players by default. For Captains who do not want to utilize this new feature, there will be an option to turn it off.

~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Our new simple ship transition feature will be available to all players by default. For Captains who do not want to utilize this new feature, there will be an option to turn it off.

~LaughingTrendy

THANK THE MAKER!!

However, considering how "well" received it is, maybe it shouldn't be a thing at all?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I tend to agree, if you have to respond to feedback by saying we can turn it off, maybe you shouldn't turn it on. :rolleyes:
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Still wish that Developer time hadn't been used on this unrequested feature, but thank you for hearing the players and including an option to turn it off.

-Hippie
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you. I will suggest though that you make it disabled by default instead, seeing most of the answers in this and other topics on the subject.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Gratitude.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    our New Simple Ship Transition Feature Will Be Available To All Players By Default. For Captains Who Do Not Want To Utilize This New Feature, There Will Be An Option To Turn It Off.

~laughingtrendy

<3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Sweeeeet. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Can I opt out? PLEEESE? 'cause here's the problem:

I generally gear a new ride before I get into it.

Then it won't effect you anyway.

As soon as you adjust any "New" ships layout before clicking on the "Ready Ship" button, it automatically cuts off this option.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

For once you decided to listen to the community Thanks Cryptic
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am pleasantly surprised by this turn of events, maybe the future is not so bleak anymore.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

There is indeed a Deity of your choice!

Now, how about an "off" button for that quick switch feature, as well...... :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    keptinkerkkeptinkerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Uh no.

Lets have this DISABLED as default. NO ONE wants this as a feature, really. For the tiny subset of people who do, let them go hunting for a click-toggle. The rest of us should not have to suffer because five people think this is a good idea.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Sweeeeet. Thanks for letting us know.
    Ditto!

That's the update we were hoping to receive. Thank you, Cryptic!
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for taking the player feedback into consideration and making changes based off of that feedback. I hope to see more of this in the future!

Truly a step in the right direction!
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The opt-out switch is good news, anyway. Thanks for listening.

(Still worrying about, umm, unintended consequences, though.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    trop101xtrop101x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Update: Our new simple ship transition feature will be available to all players by default. For Captains who do not want to utilize this new feature, there will be an option to turn it off.

~LaughingTrendy

Brilliant compromise, thanks!! :)
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

/thumbs up
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

YAY! Now I can totally ignore this feature. :D
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Yay!

Thanks for the news, Trendy! This makes me feel more in control of my inventory and builds, with no accidents.

Still think some people are going to end up being surprised, confused, and frustrated by it, but if we can't have opt-in I'm personally satisfied with opt-out.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you for the information. I still think it's better to add a "Transfer Equipment" button, as I explained in the official feedback thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21762931&postcount=56
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Much appreciated!

To be clear, I don't "hate" the new feature at all, and I'm sure many new players would find it to be extremely useful. It just happens that I personally prefer to manually set up my new ships.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Thank you :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    hmuldrow667hmuldrow667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic, players do not know what they want. If you just constantly listen to consumers' idiocy blindly, you will make your company fall. Make the changes you want to make, and then AFTER they have been implemented, accept suggestions on how to change it. Players cannot judge something that technically doesn't exist (it's not implemented yet). Players do not know what they want! Players wanted more content, but now that Delta Rising is out, people are making sarcastic pictures of how (supposedly) bad it is. Players wanted new gameplay aspects that make gameplay easier, but now the item select/loadout/R&D system is out, they are complaining that it is buggy or unnecessary or whatever. Fact is, not all new content will be useful to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE GAME. Some people see benefit (like me) and rather it stay that way. The systems are NOT buggy, they work AS INTENDED, the ONLY reason you THINK it is buggy is BECAUSE of the fact that YOU ARE USING IT WRONG.

Cryptic, if you continue to BLINDLY follow idiots who do not even RUN a game company, you WILL fall. Please, do not fall, because I enjoy your games and would hate to see you disappear because you listened to idiots. You can't be pressured like this by people. YOU run the company, not the players.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic, players do not know what they want. If you just constantly listen to consumers' idiocy blindly, you will make your company fall. Make the changes you want to make, and then AFTER they have been implemented, accept suggestions on how to change it. Players cannot judge something that technically doesn't exist (it's not implemented yet). Players do not know what they want! Players wanted more content, but now that Delta Rising is out, people are making sarcastic pictures of how (supposedly) bad it is. Players wanted new gameplay aspects that make gameplay easier, but now the item select/loadout/R&D system is out, they are complaining that it is buggy or unnecessary or whatever. Fact is, not all new content will be useful to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE GAME. Some people see benefit (like me) and rather it stay that way. The systems are NOT buggy, they work AS INTENDED, the ONLY reason you THINK it is buggy is BECAUSE of the fact that YOU ARE USING IT WRONG.

Cryptic, if you continue to BLINDLY follow idiots who do not even RUN a game company, you WILL fall. Please, do not fall, because I enjoy your games and would hate to see you disappear because you listened to idiots. You can't be pressured like this by people. YOU run the company, not the players.

Your first post, and it doesn't appear as if you read what the devs did... :confused:

~LaughingTrendy

They didn't cave to a request to take something out or put something in, consequences be damned; rather, they provided a new feature that we have the ability to choose to use or not use as we so desire. The option, more than anything, is what makes this a feature rather than simply a change... it builds on the options available to players to maximize their enjoyment of the game without setting anyone at an advantage/disadvantage relative to each other. Everybody's happy that way.

Well, maybe not everybody... I mean what the heck man?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm reminded of one of my favorite posters from coh whose signature read "if the game spat out 20 dollar bills some people would complain they weren't in sequential order by serial number. If it changed to be so, someone would complain they weren't random enough."
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the neat idea but you guys JUST got the loadout issue fixed (?) after how many months? Now you want to change the code again?

Thanks for the option to opt-out!

How about spending that time fixing existing issues, ship models, etc, please?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.