Install Arc
Options

Simple Ship Transition

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Um, opt out!! What a horrible idea! It's hard enough to maintain an orderly bank, not to mention keep track of all the bits and pieces I already have scattered across 20+ ships (banking, so to speak), so I'm not going to want pieces extracted from here and there at random. How is the game going to know what kind of load out I want? Half the time I don't know which direction I'm going to go in myself. This is something I will never, ever use. Talk about a jacked up inventory.
  • Options
    zen00008zen00008 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Interesting, to be sure
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, just no!

The last thing this game needs is yet another broken mechanic on top of the existing mess. Instead of adding to the chaos you should focus on fixing the existing stuff. Namely the horrible loadouts mechanic. Just about every time I log into the game all my boffs are unequipped. And if they are not or if you reequip them there is a good chance they will get unequipped again the next time you zone. Especially fun in STFs, but great for regular missions, too. I have not seen any fixes for that since it was added. On the contrary, it keeps getting worse.
  • Options
    kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can someone please tell me how the op-out works? Where do I need to go so I can cllick on the opt-out.

Thanks
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I happen to like the idea, though the opt out (which I see has been implemented) is a necessity. I'm sure some of us non-ship building enthusiasts will make good use of it.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like an opt out please. :)

Opt-out: YES.
  • Options
    commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is an opt out, in your settings menu.
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    an opt out button .... thx but how to complicate even more things ...

who the hell is the dev, that got in 1st place the idea to transfer gears from old ship to a new one automatically .... geez

get the head out of the hole and watch what you are doing with the game and stop trying to destroy it and making it for stupid noob idiot players.

we are trekkies for the most part. non trek fan won't even take a look for the game so stop trying to make it a mmo like the hundreads that already exist and that are designed for stupid players.

we are not idiot damit
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, so I have to be honest and say... The SST isn't all that bad. In fact, I had it disabled, but recently, when switching from one ship to another (and then back again after I earned the Mastery from ship B), I enabled the SST just to see what would happen, and it's surprisingly helpful. So much so, I might just leave it turned on...

That being said, SST would be *SO* much better if all that unwanted white common gear that comes default on a new ship didn't just end up in my inventory. I hate having to recycle it afterwards... I so long for an Empty New Ship, :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.