What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enough with the signatures.

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Again this happens in political humour all the time. Its pretty much what its based on. That doesn't make it "racist".

I'm sorry but taco didn't say... of all the meme sig jokes a few crossed over into racism and jokes of questionable taste. No he used a wide brush and said;

He was very clear. He is saying by using Gekos own words to form a joke we are making an offensive joke. I did not find that amusing. If a politician said the same about a political joke I made where I did nothing but quote there own words with a funny drawing of them as a pig or some such thing. I would be extremely offended. As I am now.

He's saying the signatures are an offensive joke. He (and likely others) at Cryptic do not find it amusing. They do not find it helpful. They do not find it constructive. It does not steer the dialogue in any direction other than getting involved in micro-rage over signatures.

He's not calling anybody racist. He's not comparing anybody to racists. He's saying the joke is offensive in the same fashion racist jokes are offensive. They're funny to those who tell the joke, but not to those who are on the receiving end of the joke.

That's it. That's all his commentary is about. Taking what he's saying out of context was, is, and will continue to be counter-productive.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    We are what we are: angree players that got tired of been ignored and see a game call Star Trek gets ruined.

And cryptic ignore it all.

Demonstratably false. On numerous occasions.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The signatures have unified the forums like never before.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »

That is your opinion, and beacose I think is a wrong opinion the sig stays =)

Looks like that there is a loooot of ppl that share my opinion on this forum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    taco comments vanished from dev-tracker?:confused:

...as from the thread?!

beware of forum-singularities lol
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    wast33 wrote: »

LOL

They did.. another cryptic fail.. LOL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    He's saying the signatures are an offensive joke. He (and likely others) at Cryptic do not find it amusing. They do not find it helpful. They do not find it constructive. It does not steer the dialogue in any direction other than getting involved in micro-rage over signatures.

He's not calling anybody racist. He's not comparing anybody to racists. He's saying the joke is offensive in the same fashion racist jokes are offensive. They're funny to those who tell the joke, but not to those who are on the receiving end of the joke.

That's it. That's all his commentary is about. Taking what he's saying out of context was, is, and will continue to be counter-productive.

You have missed the point then.

Yes I understand he didn't call us racist. No he has said our humour is on the level of.

Which grates my gears, as it should.

Its also a way to distract from the real issue. That being a large number of there customers find there words humourus to begin with. Its much easier to simply say that group is vile. What better way then to equate what they have done with something everyone dislikes.

I stand by what I have said. Equating humour you don't like with something truly distasteful to cheapen it. Is itself distasteful. He still owes us all an apology for the attempt. (even if it wasn't his conscious intention.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I consider this marketing speak jibba-jabba hurtful that constantly assures us that our complaints are null and void and everything is the bestest it has been ever.

The signatures are an ironic, maybe even a bit sarcastic protest and they appeal to the devs and responsibles to conduct a reality check or two. Nobody here wants to be hostile on a personal level or insult anyone, but we'd like honest, open communication. Years ago this was the case, now we don't get anything but carefully crafted marketing speak. This is also "hurtful". Where do you think do these sigs come from? It's a form of feedback, because simply posting your opinion in a thread about a certain topic is disregarded as "incoherent rambling".

It's not an expression of hate or trying to hurt anyone. If that would be the case I and many others simply wouldn't waste our times here. It's a statement, an opinion, a protest of some sort because we used to like this game and would love to see it and the community relations improve.

^^ My thoughts entirely.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That is your opinion, and beacose I think is a wrong opinion the sig stays =)

Looks like that there is a loooot of ppl that share my opinion on this forum.

When I say demonstratably false, that means I can point to the last 4 years of ongoing development process and point to specific areas of the game which have been added, improved, or nerfed/removed due to player feedback on the forums.

That isn't opinion. That is fact. Cryptic takes player feedback into consideration and player feedback has proven to work on numerous occasions in regards to STO.

Just because people share your opinion doesn't mean they're right. That's called the bandwagon fallacy. A popular opinion does not make it true.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    He was very clear. He is saying by using Gekos own words to form a joke we are making an offensive joke. I did not find that amusing. If a politician said the same about a political joke I made where I did nothing but quote there own words with a funny drawing of them as a pig or some such thing. I would be extremely offended. As I am now.

Yeah, politicians. Next election you won't vote for them and those people at Cryptic will be so sorry :eek:.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wast33 wrote: »

...as from the thread?!

beware of forum-singularities lol

Indeed they did. :confused:

Did someone... eat him?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You have missed the point then.

Yes I understand he didn't call us racist. No he has said our humour is on the level of.

Which grates my gears, as it should.

Its also a way to distract from the real issue. That being a large number of there customers find there words humourus to begin with. Its much easier to simply say that group is vile. What better way then to equate what they have done with something everyone dislikes.

I stand by what I have said. Equating humour you don't like with something truly distasteful to cheapen it. Is itself distasteful. He still owes us all an apology for the attempt. (even if it wasn't his conscious intention.)

He doesn't owe you an apology.

"Mom, he hit back!" is not a justifiable reason.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We are what we are: angree players that got tired of been ignored and see a game call Star Trek gets ruined.

Such as what? The issues with loadouts? Complaints about the old R&D system? Or (god forbid) the issues some people had with being able to level too quickly and easily, or people's dislike of the primitive state of the exploration system? :P
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    When I say demonstratably false, that means I can point to the last 4 years of ongoing development process and point to specific areas of the game which have been added, improved, or nerfed/removed due to player feedback on the forums.

That isn't opinion. That is fact. Cryptic takes player feedback into consideration and player feedback has proven to work on numerous occasions in regards to STO.

Just because people share your opinion doesn't mean they're right. That's called the bandwagon fallacy. A popular opinion does not make it true.

And for each one of thouse, I can show you 10 more reports of feedbacks of broken stuff that has been ignored eather on tribble or later on holodeck. Stuff that broke etirer system (like PVP). So if you want to go that road, go ahead.

And btw, even the stuff that they lisent, was not what the players asked (aka: crafting, lvl cap, STF dificulty and so on.. lol shuttle PVP).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, politicians. Next election you won't vote for them and those people at Cryptic will be so sorry :eek:.

I have already choose to vote. I stopped playing.

If they where smart they would think about how they could change to get reelected next time. I have never said I would never come back to this game. They could still earn my "vote". lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I'm going to have to side with Taco here[...]

will be hard, as he's out. regarding the tracker he never was in here. show me one single post from him in this thread ;):D :rolleyes:...
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Were it me? I'd try for all of them. Yes, of course that isn't realistic to expect lengthy, detailed discussions in each. Simple responses like "good idea" or "probably not going to happen" or "can't really be done" would go a long way.
    But dev, why do you hate my idea! Why do you never listed to my ideas? Also, shouldn't you be programming something instead of goofing off on the forums?

mvp333 wrote: »
    Such as what? The issues with loadouts? Complaints about the old R&D system? Or (god forbid) the issues some people had with being able to level too quickly and easily? :P
    The old R&D system being useless and that the game was too easy (levelling, Elite Queues) was certainly not an uncommon complaint...

Of course, no one ever wants to spend actual time or dilithium or anything.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    mvp333 wrote: »
    Such as what? The issues with loadouts? Complaints about the old R&D system? Or (god forbid) the issues some people had with being able to level too quickly and easily? :P

If we really want to take the wayback machine, we can start with the Galaxy-X Dreadnought no longer being an exclusive to recruiting new players.

If we really want to go as short as the last patch notes, I can point to the player feedback of wanting discounts on Winter/Summer event ships for our alts, and then the numerous feedback on fixing the Chel Grett Discount bug.

Pick a month between last patch notes and February 2010, and I will more than likely be able to find a part of the patch that was influenced by player feedback.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    He doesn't owe you an apology.

"Mom, he hit back!" is not a justifiable reason.

So you are saying we are in a fight with the devs ? I am not following you.

If someone makes a joke, and you come back with one of your own that is one thing. Coming back with "your joke is on the level of X" to discredit you is a low blow.

By all means, I'm an adult and I can take it. If I take a swing and you swing back. Just aim for the head... and not my groin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    How could iconians get Tacofangs when iconians is here talking to us?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So you are saying we are in a fight with the devs ? I am not following you.

If someone makes a joke, and you come back with one of your own that is one thing. Coming back with "your joke is on the level of X" to discredit you is a low blow.

By all means, I'm an adult and I can take it. If I take a swing and you swing back. Just aim for the head... and not my groin.

"Your joke is on the level of X" because it is. One group that is the butt of the joke does not find it funny. The people telling the joke finds it funny because they are not part of the group that is the butt end of the joke.

What part of that needs clarification?
    To be fair, I think this one had more to due with looking at how much they could make from selling it in the C-Store vs. the referral program. ;)

So you're saying there was no player feedback regarding that change at all? Because there was. If you really believe nobody was asking for that, I can even see if Archived Post had something to say about it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    To be fair, I think this one had more to due with looking at how much they could make from selling it in the C-Store vs. the referral program. ;)

And if we consider the prize of that ship back in the days.. lol... also that remember me about the joke that was the Galaxy revamp.. lol.. poor galaxy fans, they had useless and TRIBBLE ships and after the revamp they end up with useless and TRIBBLE ships. But cryptic manage to sell thouse galaxys again on a nice pack.. lol cryptic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I sense a loooong time coming before we see a post by TacoFang again...

And that's just sad...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've changed my hurtful signature to a non hurtful signature. Sadly, the game is still the same. What was the point of this again?

I do like my new Klingon K'tinga signature though. There's no words or writing on it at all and yet it says...how about those glowing nacelles I used to have?!

Herbert! Herbert! Herbert!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    I sense a loooong time coming before we see a post by TacoFang again...

And that's just sad...

Well, we are so abrasive.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
This discussion has been closed.