• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I. Want. To. Shoot. Iconians.

Lots of Iconians.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    These would definitely be a plus.

True micro-transactions, not $30 for a ship...just $5 for a cosmetic part you like the look of or a ship trait you want...
    Before they do that, though, they need to revamp the 'ship tailor' so that, like the character tailor, unlocked visuals 'live' there instead of being attached to specific gear. That way, an unlocked visual can be applied to any of your ships as desired, independent of what gear they have equipped.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My suggestion is a Fed or K.E. lockbox, the Fed one would have a Tellarite ENG ship, or Vulcan robes, or a Zaranite gasmask.

While the K.E. one would have some non-Klingon ships, or Gorn uniforms, or another fabric outfit for Orion girls.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Finish out the canon ship designs, even if it means introducing them as a skin to an updated 2410-era version of an 'upgraded' refit of the ship with its own special snowflake console.

Norway-class, New Orleans-class, Freedom-class, Niagara-class, etc.

Overhaul the Foundry UI to put more power in the hands of authors and make missions easier to find and play. Use the Foundry UI as a springboard for Foundry authors to create exploration mission content.

More KDF ships.

More KDF-related content (even if it's cross faction) which could lead to the addition of more unique bridges and whatnot, such as an Orion or Gorn interior.

More Dominion/DS9 content that would let the environmental art team concentrate on redoing the interior of DS9.

More ways to receive valuable duty officers from retired packs.

Andorian-related mission content that could lead to an overhaul of the ground map, and possibly allow Aenar captains (they already exist as bridge officers, and thus in the chain of command).

Attack sehlats (like the attack mastiff).

Get rid of T5-U entirely and make it a simple T5 to T6 distinction so we can move on with our lives.

Make spec points easier to get.

More quality of life updates.

Reign in the high DPS meta instead of pandering to it.

Better forum moderation.

All that would be super.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want to be able to explore the Gamma Quadrant :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1. Unf%^& the Advanced Queues.

Put them back to the old Elite level of difficulty with the current gear/loot. You can leave the new Elite at the current level of butt-pain so that the crazy, uber DPS, top dog, watch what my Scimitar can do crowd can still get their jollies and/or bragging rights. It'd be nice not to have to run ground maps to get my reputation materials anymore - like the days of old.

2. Give ship models a makeover.

Many canon ships are missing details, have lights/windows in the wrong places, have the wrong color schemes, etc. You have access to the internets - use them and touch up all of the ships that you can (for example, the windows on the TMP Connie Refit are all wrong, there shouldn't be any on the top of the saucer other than the bridge lights and the observation deck/crew lounge, and the details on the bottom leading edge of the main deflector are missing - the TOS Connie doesn't have dark gray on the aft tips of the nacelles and many other details - the Galaxy is missing the twin red stripes down the spine - the Galaxy-X Phaser Lance is STILL off-center, etc.).

Also, a few of the camera/ships center pivot points are pretty far off (the Ambassador class comes to mind).

3. K'Vort BoP Cruiser for the Klingons.

Just make the BoP model slightly bigger, bump up the HP and bam!

4. Exploration Zones - Uncharted Space.

With the revamped sector space map, why don't you make some areas have access to "deep space" or "uncharted space." Allow players to chart these uncharted regions. This can be done as a reputation thing for individuals or possibly as a fleet activity. The best part of this is, you can progressively expand this region because (lucky for you devs) space is infinite. The opportunities here are pretty huge.

5. Diplomacy

It needs to come back. DOFF diplomacy is nice, but with a few clicks of a button and a slight wait time, I've done diplomacy. It takes out quite a bit of the fun/challenge. This can be tied to exploration zones via First Contact missions.

6. More ship designs for Klingons and Romulans for Kitbashing.

7. Adjust Fighter/Frigate damage to levels that make them relevant for Carrier Ops again.

8. Gamma Quadrant.

9. Separate Romulan Faction.

10. Adjust scaling on ship interiors so I don't look like a kid walking around my giant ship. (Aww, how cute, he's sitting in Daddy's Captain's Chair.)
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this is absolutely beautiful. I would love to see this come to pass!
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug fixes; that's all I want for this year. Fix broken mechanics, user interface issues, lag and the host of other known issues. We've already gotten enough new content and changes for this year, some of which has made existing bugs worse, others broke stuff that was working. Come back to new things in December... :rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    edited March 2015
    11. Oh, and while I'm at it any chance we could get "The Cage" or "Mirror, Mirror" skins for the TOS Connie?

I'd pay you actual money for that. Not a lot, but some. Maybe 500 Zen.

Like this?
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug fixes; that's all I want for this year. Fix broken mechanics, user interface issues, lag and the host of other known issues. We've already gotten enough new content and changes for this year, some of which has made existing bugs worse, others broke stuff that was working. Come back to new things in December... :rolleyes:

Top post, thumbs up.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What I want is what I always wanted from STO:

- More ways to use our bridge officers, such as boff storylines, more boff-enabled zones, boff outfit slots.
    - More ways to use and manipulate our ship interiors.
    - Exploration sectors revamp
    - Persistent world elements where the stuff you do affects the world/story for everyone, not just you.

Also, I'd like to see:

- Make T5U ships like the Odyssey into actual T6.
    - A new feature episode once per month
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ground combat revamp - Other shooters I play are way more satisfying, sto feels like a chore in comparison.

Just rip the whole thing out and put in a cover shooter.
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want the Krenim to erase the previous Year of Hell.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cbob312 wrote: »
    Ground combat revamp - Other shooters I play are way more satisfying, sto feels like a chore in comparison.
    There're lots of things that come under the aegis of this worthwhile idea, like the idea of Colony Invasion having multiple random maps to choose from as well as randomized OPFOR. Another is mechanics-related: applying the kit/module logic to weapons and their mods... because there's no way the concept behind the Picatinny rail wouldn't have survived into the 25th century. Or, for that matter, mated weapons (most usually represented by underbarrel grenade launchers).
    Just rip the whole thing out and put in a cover shooter.
    As long as we're wishing, I for one would be impressed if they could successfully transplant the relevant mechanics from Sleeping Dogs...
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hmmm this is what I would like;

1) A total U-turn on stats changes from delta rising in Normal & Advanced Queues (seriously, I havent been able to complete an advanced Queue properly since the changes...I cant enjoy the content anymore because of this) - And no I do not mean a complete roll back of content, I just mean a stats roll back on Mobs in space.

Elite difficulty can stay unchanged as it is to keep the DPS lovers happy but there are some of us who simply dont have the money IRL or in game to upgrade our gear to that level and it alienates a large portion of the community like it or not.

2) bring back the old Dill rewards pre-delta (again another thing which ruined how much I enjoy the game).

3) Gamma quadrant - Though we probably wont see this till 2016 at the earliest.

4) NO MORE GRINDING AND NO MORE PATROL MISSIONS IN THE MISSION LOG..... seriously that was extremely lazy doing that and I found it incredibly boring especially considering the lack of EXP you get from missions genuinely. Cryptic could of made plenty more fully voice acted missions from doing this but instead they forced us to patrol.... honestly... JUST NO.

5) New rep system; Vaadwaur?

6) Learn more about whats going on in andromeda....seriously this has been bugging me for ages ever since I did that mission with worf when you go through the gateway.

Thats about it, ill add more if i can think of anything.
  • baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Continue adding diverse side mission/dailies in Sector Space. Much like the revamp to DSEs where different versions of DSEs pop up. Adding in cycling missions that are in the flavor of the Sh'mar and Ahlena Mission.

With Sector Space getting a Revamp and Space feeling bigger and more immersive. More random events in the tradition of the Sh'mar would be a welcomed sight in Sector Space. These will definitely add to the sense of 'exploration' that we saw in the shows.
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    fourxgamer wrote: »

You may well be right.
  • dwalker1701dwalker1701 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to see the Gateway finally have functionality so I could finish my DOFF assignments away from home. I love the idea that I can see my characters with my Tablet but it's useless other than as a simple picture ..
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Id also like to see the gateway updated and revamped, its a great thing, utilise it.
    Would also like to see allot of bug fixes in the game, the content is great, just stabalise it and sort the bugs. :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd quite like the development team to get out of my way & let me play the game how I want to play it. Too much for a paying customer to ask for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    An idea for Foundry authors that wish to use them.. Legacy NPCs from the various ST series and movies (CBS-approved designs of course) and/or Historical NPCs for time-travel adventures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I may contribute to this, I'd like to suggest something which I have been reading since the Beta:

Please make Torpedos the main weapon again.

Maybe Torpedo Boats won't work like now anymore but when watching Star Trek, I noticed that Photon Torpedos were treated like the main damage dealer, regardless if enemy still had shields or not. (Galaxy Class might be an exception here with "dat" Phaserarray).

I also like many of the suggestions listed in the first post, though I am not so sure if Trinity or "Disabling DOFFs/Boff traits" and whaterver + setting gear to XIV make PvP more attractive. But I am not a main PvP Player so please ignore it if it's not true.
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I'd like it if the Dilithium refinement was upped from 8k to at least 10k.

I'm trying to craft my gear (as it appears to best way to do it in this game), and the Dilithum costs are insane. Upgrading one item to Mk XII (from Mk II) costs something like 50,000 Dilithium, thats insane. Its hard enough to gather that much, but then I have to spend an entire WEEK refining the damn stuff, 8k at a time.

Honestly there should be NO limit (we're playing the damn game aren't we??) on it, but if you MUST have a limit, at least increase it a bit.
  • dobbyswagdobbyswag Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about having more control on what your Boffs do? Like telling them to crouch or activate powers and updating the modes you can put them in like :
    stop, aim, focus on firing continuously, crouch(again), heal(for sci boffs), fabricate(for engy boffs), buff/shoot grenades(tac).

I think that the future of ground is in being able to have your boffs be able to do more than they do now and will make it very interesting. Using several of the same boffs(romulan/reman, borg,) will add bonuses like sets. I just think that would be really cool.
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dobbyswag wrote: »
    What about having more control on what your Boffs do? Like telling them to crouch or activate powers and updating the modes you can put them in like :
    stop, aim, focus on firing continuously, crouch(again), heal(for sci boffs), fabricate(for engy boffs), buff/shoot grenades(tac).

I think that the future of ground is in being able to have your boffs be able to do more than they do now and will make it very interesting. Using several of the same boffs(romulan/reman, borg,) will add bonuses like sets. I just think that would be really cool.

The ground boff sisplay has 2 modes, one which shows the boff powers, left clicking on a power tells the boff to use that, right clicking on that power disables it, so you can tell a tac boff NOT to use lunge if you want them to hold position and provide supporting fire, or forc e an eng boff to deploy turrets/mortars for ambushing a roaming mob. Adding 2 small buttons next to the existing 4, for crouch and aim would be a vast improvement.

You already have the power to individually place boffs for 'door breach' style tactics, stand hyere and here be ready to shoot when the mob opens the door and walks through, etc., it's just most people don't seem to use these or perhaps even know they can.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What do we want?

MOAR KITTIES!

When do we want them?

MEOW!

:D

We have cats. We need updates to said species.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    would fixing the bugs be too much to ask for
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    True, but more kitties can't hurt, huh? We could have longhaired cat pets, and a full range of hairstyles for Caitians and Ferasans, more fur patterns and fur lengths for them, "boots" that are digitigrade feet, three-breasted Nimbosian catpeople, and maybe even slick-skins with tails and ears like not-Kirk slept with in JJTrek. What would it hurt? They can shut up and take my money, all they have to do is build it :)

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread, about bonus for having multiple special racial boffs in away missions...

"Pride" combat bonus for all Kitty away teams...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>