test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do we want for STO in 2015?

Comments

• verdenraasverdenraas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd really love to see more classic bridges added. Like the "real" Galaxy and Sovereign as well as some TOS movie era bridges.

I just bought the Galaxy class bridges and I like them, but they're too "busy" so to speak. I'd like to have the tactical station as it was seen in TNG without that huge pylon thing in the middle.

I'd also like to see improvements on how customizing your ship works. Right now I'm desperately trying to switch bridges from the Galaxy class to another, yet it just doesn't want to stick. I've tried several times without any luck.
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    what i really want:
    - bring back ask cryptic!
    - drop down the dil sink from the r&d system
    - costumization for lockboxe's ships
    - more ships/costumes/content for romulan and kdf factions
    - more fixed bugs
    - do something for the pvp comunity
    - layouts for player's skills 'cuz i want to fly more than one ship andi want to have the right skills for each build.

what i don't care:
    - boosting the xp for spec points

personal desires:
    - D'Kyr t6
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A complete lack and not even the slightest hint of T7.

An Advanced like the old Elite, as we were promised, so crafting materials and special currencies can be obtained without resorting to private channels.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "What do we want for STO in 2015?"

Quality control.
  • wwwexgadewwwexgade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    push, totally agree (thanks for your work) and /signed

especially:
    - removing dilthium upgrade costs (this burns it off way too fast)
    - i wasted all my lifetime zen from nearly 5 years in a month (over 14k zen) and feel a bit betrayed...
    sure i have one character that got nice equip and i got the delta pack but...

- i got ships i cant use with new type of bridge officers
    - the fed ships weren't worth it except the phantom
    - 10k for delta pack is too much for these ships (fed ones)- compare them to the OLD avenger class..... even t5 without upgrade is better in offense (and still has more slots at right positions compared to the phantom)...

- lost a big bunch of zen by upgrading equipment with dilithium... after your patch to increase lvl13/14 weapons it feel a BIT more fair, but still i spend alot of ec on it, that should be the only invest.

not anyone has the option to spend lifetime credits from 5 years... and at this state - i am not willed to pay anything more to be honest... if these invests i did where really worth it, i would reconsider it.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cardassians as a faction in 2015
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same as 2014, 2013.

More fun.....less grind.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It would be nice to not have to dread every new update. It is just a dream I have.
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My number one feature would be to eliminate "random" from as many parts of this game as possible. There is nothing more frustrating about this game than the fact I always seem to fall on the "losing" side of the RNG

I hate gambling, if I spend money I want to know what I'm going to get. If they want to leave the "chance" aspect in for those who like it great, but offer a "paid guarantee" option at some point too.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My number one feature would be to eliminate "random" from as many parts of this game as possible. There is nothing more frustrating about this game than the fact I always seem to fall on the "losing" side of the RNG.
    I've noticed the last few weeks my DOFF missions are failing *much* more. I match purples with complimentary traits and now see as many as a third my missions fully fail.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited January 2015
    What I want for the game

Real exploration where planets that take days even weeks to explore

populated with new species

war/trade alliances/ colonization as possibilitys

building of player towns/colonys on these planets like SWG had

resource gathering like SWG had with adding planting crops for food

building starships to defend your colony and surrounding territory from raiders or hostil empires

you know things we saw in star trek
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cardassians as a faction in 2015
    Wait until they've finished the Romulans ... and the Klingons. :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What I want is simple:

For the head idiots at PWE to stop being money grubbing and start listening to the players. First and foremost, Fix the bugs that have been around since the game released. Second, Stop rushing content. It supposed to be quality over quantity. Players will pay out the nose for QUALITY content.

Oh, there are many other things that need changed, like NOT RELYING ON METRICS....But I shall let the forums speak, since 99% of the forum-mites are players.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "What do we want for STO in 2015?"

An actual multi faction game (not 1 faction and flagrant ignorance of everything else)- but I'm not delusional enough to even halfway expect it. Cryptic is just awful at multi faction anything, and they don't even try to hide it.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    flash525 wrote: »

Yeah really they can't even get those 100%. :)
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015

so what your saying is wait forever? :eek:
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nimbull wrote: »
    Yeah really they can't even get those 100%.
    There's so much more they can do with each of them though. Granted, there's not a whole lot left to do with the KDF (though I'm sure many people would like to finally see that Fleet Guramba). The Republic is a true mess though. It's been left that way ever since it's grand launch.

The Republic doesn't need more ships to complete it (though that would help), it needs the smaller things like Bridge Officers (Suliban, Acamarian?), a fully functional Duty Officer system (and somewhere that fed/kdf doffs can be exchanged/replace for republic ones, a NPC officer that offers the contraband assignment. There's so much more.
    so what your saying is wait forever?
    Quite possible. The problem with a [potential] Cardassian faction, especially now, is the level grind. I don't think many people are going to like the idea of starting up another character to grind all the way to the end and gain all those specialization points. That, and to rave on through all the STF's to get the rep projects complete, then to contribute to fleets to get the fleet marks to purchase fleet gear, then to upgrade said gear to XIV. It's all too much.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well in 2015 and I'd like to see what all the people that kept beating the drum for the level cap rise have got to say for it now? I personally thought it was a bad idea and it certainly looks like it was a bad idea.

so far it has done more harm to the game than good. so in terms of expansion I would hope that if there is a 3rd 'expansion' we wont see anything as stupid as delta rising. light on story, far too heavy on grinding and hardly any fun at all. what am I saying it's been no fun and looking at the forums looks like I'm not the only one. we need something more like LOR was. which was heavy on story. I played romulan obviously but also kdf and lesser extent with my feds on nimbus etc. but it just felt like a lot more fun than anything in DR.

so I don't want to ever see a level cap rise again. in fact I'd prefer a level cap decrease. purely because that cap rise has seriously messed with game balance and economics of player expenditure when it come to ships. not only is the intel space bridge officer abilities and command abilities only on new ships. I'm baffled by the fact that non one of the ships I've paid for 3 times. c-store-fleet modules-ship upgrade. is considered t6 or to be able to have a boff command. pretty weird when the federation flagship can't use a boff command ability?? weird huh?

so I'd like ships to be upgraded from t5 to t6 with a command/intel hybrid slots when you upgrade non of this t5-u. even it was only an upgrade to the lower rank stations. atm it feels like space intel/command abilities are behind a pay wall and restricted. this goes against what the devs have always said about their expansions and the content in them.

ok rant over.

other stuff I'd like to see.

romulan indepenace.

new Romulus hasn't changed at all looks like they went with a very slow building firm as the scaffolding alone hasn't moved. you'd think some serious progress could be made with that and the story there.

romulan ground set added to the reputation. other reps have them!!

I'd love to see a massive and more accurate overhaul of ds9 visually and more functionality . if I'm right there isn't a boff skill trainer? anyway I'm sure there is some stuff missing. this is ds9 star treks most iconic social zone and it's pretty much dead and don't look right.

the cardassian story is so under developed it's ridiculous. cardassians can easily rival Klingons in terms of what we know about them. yet for some strange reason this game has never done them justice.

garak

gamma quadrant. dominion and some of them other races that have almost been forgotten.

the breen, I'd love to see more of them causing us problems.

playable cardassians. I would hope for a faction.

frenginar

and there is so much more in the alpha and beta quadrant that could be featured.

I'd also wish the devs would leave the borg alone for some time for a return much much later. there is only so many times we can beat them and kill the queen for her to escape for us to do it all over again. I have to hand it to ds9. great show and didn't need the borg as a 'bad guy' that's where voyager let it's self down some times it begun to make a all time great nemesis look weak against just one little science ship.
  • tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It doesn't matter what YOU want. Cryptic wants what it wants. You don't matter to them in the least
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's so much more they can do with each of them though. Granted, there's not a whole lot left to do with the KDF (though I'm sure many people would like to finally see that Fleet Guramba). The Republic is a true mess though. It's been left that way ever since it's grand launch.

The Republic doesn't need more ships to complete it (though that would help), it needs the smaller things like Bridge Officers (Suliban, Acamarian?), a fully functional Duty Officer system (and somewhere that fed/kdf doffs can be exchanged/replace for republic ones, a NPC officer that offers the contraband assignment. There's so much more.

Quite possible. The problem with a [potential] Cardassian faction, especially now, is the level grind. I don't think many people are going to like the idea of starting up another character to grind all the way to the end and gain all those specialization points. That, and to rave on through all the STF's to get the rep projects complete, then to contribute to fleets to get the fleet marks to purchase fleet gear, then to upgrade said gear to XIV. It's all too much.

I concur with the grinding issue. maybe they could give a c-store option to insta level 60? other games do that kinda thing and tbh I'm shocked this money grabbing lot hasn't already.
  • toadgoadertoadgoader Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fleet Starbases

At one time it was cool to be a part of a fleet and work towards the fleet starbase. Now all to the mature fleets have maxed out these things, and have done so for a very long time. Except for the fleet chat and a few vendors these things gather dust. No one has a real need to visit or work on these unless there is a specific weapon they want. There are no fleet T6 ships and there is NOTHING to do in your starbase.

Ideas for spicing up life in the starbase

1. Doff missions that are only gotten inside a starbase and get better and more numerous the higher tier the SB is.

2. Fleet vs Fleet battles to defend your SB. With fleet level rewards (or buffs) and consequences (or debuffs) This will give us more opportunity to upgrade the SB as we would have to add in fighter bays, weapons, mine fields, improved sensors, etc... This could also be extended to boarding actions.

3. Crafting bonuses when crafting using a starbase crafting console. Or maybe the ability to pick and choose the mods for an upgrade if done on a SB console (or even unique mods that can only be gotten in a SB).

4. Daily Starbase specific missions (space and ground) with unique rewards (maybe 1 daily for each tier of the SB)

Anything to make these dinosaurs the active hub for each fleet would be greatly appreciated. Give our starbases some LOVE!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reinstate cosmetic and character customisation that has been removed. I have a costume and character that can't be replicated.

XP and levelling, Give us content worth spending time in and not just umpteen patrol missions. Lower the xp per level after the 60 cap has been hit especially now that theres yet another skill tree to suck the joy from our souls. Effective max level is insanely high given how long the game was sat on 50 for.

Can we respec the spec trees? If not why not?

Stop messing about with reward amounts, dilithium for the anniversary scan was 500, then 750 and now back to 500... WHY? This could be grouped with odd choices like the first time buyers pack not using the scorpion for romulan characters but forcing them into a fed or kdf shuttle.

Klingon content has always played second fiddle but it would be good to see more added or at least give the next fed focussed storyline a more klingon oriented angle. I upgraded my karfi and will still probably be using that as the command ships quite honestly look ugly, even as klingon vessels go.

Quest rewards for the few that give them could do with being upped to mk13 rather than keeping the stagnation on 12. As it is there's no incentive to change stuff out.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would love a game client overhaul. Issues:

Space:
    There's the current issue with the power bars updating only every couple of seconds. It really cramps the usefulness of my drain boat when I can cover 7 km in the time it takes my tyken's rift or energy syphon to become available.
    The game UI in general drops actions. I can't count the number of times when I've had my engineer's ship blow up because Miracle Worker wouldn't fire, even though it's available. Today, in a Borg alert I had to try 4 times to get my singularity weapon overload to activate.

Doffs:
    In the old system, I could easily see who my new duty officers were. Now, sometimes it'll show me, but if I try to do anything with my doffs, the info's gone.
    PLEASE give some indication of which doffs are R&D doffs.
    The old system sorted missions in progress by completion time, and completed missions by when they were completed. That was really useful information.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If starbases were to get attention, I'd like to see some thought put into having customizable areas, including player housing. I know in other games, one of the draws of having a base is decorating it, and showing it off.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stop messing about with reward amounts, dilithium for the anniversary scan was 500, then 750 and now back to 500... WHY?

Let me guess... maybe has something to do with Dilithium week event?
  • andrewawestandrewawest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) I want a cosmetic earth dog pet... particularly Porthos. It would be cool if he chilled in my ready room... or my quarters.

2) The option to purchase extra ship interior rooms. Heck and interior walkable Galaxy, Intrepid, Constitution, and Sovereign Class would be amazing. I'd pay good money for that.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Roll back PVE difficulty at advanced and elite to pre DR levels in regards to the fail conditions.
    The DPS race has got out of control.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Admittedly a bit late, but I became aware of this thread via someone's .sig. So...
      Get rid og T5-U. I would counter this whit retroactively fit hybrid-specialization boff seats on T5-U so that once a trait is unlocked whit a T6 there is no difference flying T5-U compared to T6.
      Basically a 'specialization refit' option? Not a bad idea.
      better craftingallow us to actually set rarities. set modifiers and change them in existing gear...
      This is already the case with ships and consoles, and more recently kits and modules; applying this to armor and weapons is a logical evolution.
      PvE Systems and More interesting group play
      we need to get some abilities that allow for people to take up Tank and healing roles. that at the very least means control over the aggro we generate. by taunts, aggro-wipes(feign death: hunter WoW), skill that allow tanks to generate increased amount of aggro, skills that let DPS and healers generate less aggro.
      Some of these do in fact exist in the form of certain consoles (from the NR Embassy, I believe) and one of the cruiser commands (also, folks MacGyvering it with BFAW/CSV/TS); further research seems to be in order.

On an aesthetic note...
      • I like the idea that there are non-combat pets you can earn. However, I'd like them to bring back the vanity drones from the NSF rep... and, as long as we're here, remove the usage-time limit from them and the two NR entourages.
      • maybe add some more unlockable pets. For example, destroying all ten Unimatrices would unlock a miniature version as a ground non-combat pet.
      • allow us to customize the NPC crew uniforms (i.e. shipboard personnel, Security Escort, etc.) - not the full customization available to players and boffs, but being able to choose among any uniforms you've unlocked. For example, you have a Wells-class ship and the eponymous uniform pack - you should be able to outfit your crew to match. Or you want your security teams to show up in Omega regalia.
    • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Money - Microtransaction focus changes;
      • More focus on ship aesthetics zen items (hulls, skins, windows, pylons, etc)
      • Less focus (no focus) on selling ships for traits. alternative, let us buy these overpowered traits directly for a fraction of the cost (400 zen?)
      • Less focus on squeezing us trough crafting/upgrading

Graphic/fx changes:
      • Option to display half as many beams during combat. This for immersion's sake. ST never had 16+ beams firing every second. Option would just make half of the beams invisible.

Gameplay considerations for future;
      • More ways to earn EC directly
      • XP and general rewards from STFs need to be increased even more. Most STF's arent being played anymore. I miss Fleet defense, big dig, colony invasion, breaking the plannet, etc)
      • With the many more dilithium sinks introduced in the past it stands to reason the daily refine cap could be upped a bit (+2000/day). Also make it user friendly to use fleet refine bonus and veteran refine bonus from within the inventory. It's such a massive waste of time almost to have to travel to these locations to refine a little bit extra. Effort =/= reward in this case.
      • A way to view every possible item ingame that is sold one way or the other. With the addition of more reputation items, unlocks, gear etc it becomes very hard to keep track of what the game has to offer.
      Good article about general game bloat: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/26/when-epic-becomes-bloated

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
    • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Money - Microtransaction focus changes;
      More focus on ship aesthetics zen items (hulls, skins, windows, pylons, etc)
      Less focus (no focus) on selling ships for traits. alternative, let us buy these overpowered traits directly for a fraction of the cost (400 zen?)

These would definitely be a plus.

True micro-transactions, not $30 for a ship...just $5 for a cosmetic part you like the look of or a ship trait you want.
      Now I know some people will say but their sales of ships will drop so they loose money....
      I reckon more people would spend a small amount each week on minor things like those above than would spend a lot every few months on new ships.
      SulMatuul.png