Server Outage December 31st - Merged Comments Threads

Comments

• pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    North Koreans again?
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I spoke too soon. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • admiralghostadmiralghost Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bst011 wrote: »
    II just with there was a option to add fur to the aliens (after buying Caitian or Ferassan option of couse) I prefer Tigers over Lions. Although it wouldn't be so bad if they had more options for hair styles.

You and about 10,000 Furries and Caitian/Ferasan lovers. I would LOVE to make my White Tiger character SOOO bad!
    iefgpf.jpg
  • irminstanirminstan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would. You. Like. To. Play. A. Game?
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    It's working, the players are being forced back to their own Universe!

This is the funniest thing I have read all day.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Stay away from Tequila, IMO. Unless you're playing a Klingon.

It is true. 'Tequila' is the Klingon word for 'water'.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quick update, being told it is a general network issue in one of our datacenters. The network engineers are working on it. They have not given me an ETA yet other than they will give me an update soon. So I can't give an ETA to you yet.

Well, potentially good news there is that if it's "only" a "general network issue", the servers and supporting apps may all still currently be up and awaiting connections, so perhaps no additional 3 hour wait to bring everything back up from scratch.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • bst011bst011 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know right!!
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now - that I understand. It seems datacenters in VA, ATL, CA are having issues outside of Cryptic. Not sure where your datacenters are though. Best of luck... :)

Well, given that its New Years eve, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was TRIBBLE around with people. Hackers have been rather active the last few weeks. Sony and Microsoft servers got hit so everyone ran to their PCs, could be PS4/XB1 attacking the PC's to make people come back to their consoles ;P
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • nemefnemef Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dianqver wrote: »
    so this is how WW III starts ?

Winter Wonderland III? It's past that already... I think.
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how long has the server been down for , Any official work on it yet ? thanks :confused:
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • el7isgold#7536 el7isgold Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Arc works fin but it it times out and gives and error about connecting to the patch server.

ran the Arc repair. nojoy
    rebooted. nojoy
    tried my proxy server loging in from differnt locations. nojoy

i think STO is broked
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how long has the server been down for , Any official work on it yet ? thanks :confused:

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/550373550461161475

And the servers have been down for about an hour-ish?
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The same here got dced and launcher won't update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dianqver wrote: »
    so this is how WW III starts ?

then it would look like this map.ipviking.com
  • zeven2004zeven2004 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's a New Year's Eve tradition at Cryptic to pour champagne onto the login server. The electricity arcing from employee to employee never ceases to entertain onlookers. They always get a charge out of it.
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The server is down, it has been a while for that to happen so they have done well considering it is a full time job to keep any windows server running consistently. What I have to laugh about is the launcher fails and says to check my internet connection or call tech support. well clearly my internet connection is fine but "tech support"? I don't think Cryptic has such a department and if they do it must be like section 31. You'll never find them. I have never seen a way to contact tech support. closest thing is submit an online ticket that they tell you will never get personal reply.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    Well, given that its New Years eve, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was TRIBBLE around with people. Hackers have been rather active the last few weeks. Sony and Microsoft servers got hit so everyone ran to their PCs, could be PS4/XB1 attacking the PC's to make people come back to their consoles ;P

steam would be a better target, arc is in the minority, not a worth while target
    nerf.jpg]
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is this part of the data center being down? My internet works just fine for the looks of everything, what I get for getting off work early and planing on spending my New Years Eve with Q...:D.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • renothian7renothian7 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is anyone even working on this? It's not like I have all year to play :eek: And to think of the hundreds of dollars people spend on this...
  • minonianminonian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    steaen wrote: »
    That's not a serious question, surely?

Play over the temporal ambrassador. ;)
    FED ENG Minonian@Minonian / FED SCI Lucindia@Minonian Fleet Temporal Integrity Comission
    ROM FED TAC Verix@Minonian / ROM FED ENG Cayly@Minonian Fleet Temporal Integrity Comission
    KLING TAC Csi'kasz@MinonianFleet; House Of temporal Integrity
    Sontaaar, HA!!! (Explosion)
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frojoe2000 wrote: »
    Do they not employ people whos only job is community management? Can they not be on call and work from home for these types of situations to communicate with the community on a big gaming day like today?

New years eve is one of the biggest gaming days of the year. I save posting items on the AC for days like today because of the higher demand for goods. It appears that this new years eve is going to be a total waste. Just someone letting us know that they are working on it, and giving us an ~ETA would be really great for their customer service, and shouldn't take someone who is not working on servers very long at all.... like 5 min.

True and a post was issued @ 205
    So sadly, we don't really have an ETA.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everyone hates the game, and no one wants to play it on the forums

Game goes down and everyone losses their minds
    GwaoHAD.png
  • flyingdieselflyingdiesel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Little bitty concern about a single data center taking everything down for as long as it has... What happened to the secondary data center being spun up? Or you have all your eggs in one single data center?
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • starmagexx1starmagexx1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    big68earl wrote: »
    Thanks STO now I have to go talk and interact with my family.

Curious. My traffic hit cogent on their side and stopped at their xbox patch server.
  • siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    It's working, the players are being forced back to their own Universe!

This! Is! A! Brilliant! Shiny!
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Hung over Server Hamsters are going through detox. They should be sober soon. :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
This discussion has been closed.