test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will there be a refit constitution class for T-6

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am pleased to see that the FCT-Thread fails in it's purpose. What a delight :D

Other than that, as countless others stated there will be no T5 or T6 Cruiser variant. Why, however, was never explained. Cryptic *claims* that "CBS said no", though this sentiment doesn't make the least bit of sense. Especially since it's not even the Constitution we are talking about (as I can understand that they didn't want the TOS connie pre-order reward to be made available (though that happened later) ), Cryptic said there cannot be a endgame/fleet cruiser variant (even *their own designs*) because, appearantly, "CBS said no to endgame connies". Nothing in this statement makes much sense.

Now, if CBS really did say no it shouldn't be a big hassle to provide some kind of statement about that. Because in the current games' state, if CBS would care about any form of "canon" or visually property, they failed miserably to "supervise" the game. There is no reason why there can't be a engdame cruiser, even without the IP owned skins.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don’t worry if a rule makes sense—the important thing is that it’s a rule. Arbitrary rules teach kids discipline: If every rule made sense, they wouldn’t be learning respect for authority, they’d be learning logic.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    as for me i'd be happy with a T4 version, who says it has to be ENDGAME......

in before the thread lock !!!!
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They will only bring a end game con out when the server tribbles are dieing or the sun freezes over which ever comes 1st
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • laro1984laro1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And i think it people would stop to wish the Constitution when Cryptic starts to design Ships with a look from the Exelsior/Ambassador Time with modern influence and not always these Voyagerlooking Things :/
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Woooo! Beat that dead horse!
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So how long is it until all these 'will there be a T6 version of X' threads get added to the FCT?

The answer to a T5 Connie is quite clear and not up for debate, it doesn't take a genius to figure out it'll be the same case for the next tier up.
    edited November 2014
    It's the lack sufficient moderators to provide 24 hour supervision and rule enforcement that's failing, not the FCT thread that's failing. ;)

The purpose of the thread is to check wether the topic you wish to discuss is banned. If people don't do that you don't need it because in the end you need to runa round and lock down threads just like before :D

I know I am cynic about it, but I really dislike the concept of a "banned content" list. One would assume it's possible to reasonably talk to the forum attentands, even if they bring up topics that are unpleasant instead of barking at them that there's a list of things nobody wishes to talk about.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes it would matter. Because then I would have a point of contact I could ask myself. And if that point of contact wouldn't want to talk to an underling like me, I know some execs at my own studio who they would talk to for me.

No offense dude, but I like having names of people who have claimed to say things. For all we know CBS's stance could have changed or an alteration to the agreement could be reached. As for making a rule breaking thread, the OP has a point. People associate a constitution class ship with star trek. The majority want that.

If you have such good connections, just find out who is the guy at CBS that handles the Startrek game license. Either he made the decision, or he would know who made the decision.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited November 2014
    With all due respect you are wrong. Connie's have a die hard fan base. That ship is the iconic symbol of what trek is.

There will always be a faction of fans that want an endgame Connie.

While you are right he does have a point, though.

Star Trek aesthetics changed without a doubt. There is the TOS and early TNG theme of round, organic shapes and the newer VOY and beyond theme of triangles. In theory it would have been a smart move to provide at least two variants for every ship they introduce to appeal to each aesthetic. It would make things better. Of course, there are fans that want this particular ship, but the overall claim of "alienating the IP" would be a bit more calm in my opinion.

EDIT: It would also help if Cryptic would have set a tone and chose to declare certain ships "too old" to be in the game. But we have a TOS connie, TOS uniforms, a NX-class and all that, because they wanted the fans to spend cash. The "problem" is homemade - why have this stuff in-game and charge money for it when you can't use it to play the game? Thats a conceptual fail on Cryptic's end.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    edited November 2014
    Using that logic they don't need to list the forum rules and regulations thread either because people refuse to read it and follow the rules listed there.

The rules thread and FCT thread are posted where everyone can find them so players that argue they were unjustly punished because they didn't know the rules won't have a leg to stand on. ;)

You have a point there. Still, I loathe the FCT thread since this thing lead to the lockdown of several viable threads in the past and could with some imagination replaced by a rule stating "no discussions about any form of suggestion or wishlists whatsoever. Nothing will happen anyway" :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This thread is entertaining.

Much more so at the moment than the game.

Please continue.

You guys should get skill points for entertainment value. :P
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have 3 ideas for a T6 refit instead of the Connie, first is a Miranda class, second is an Oberth, third would be a Daedalus class, which I know is not in game.

Another would be a Tellarite cruiser (hopefully with more than just the ENT skin to make it different from the Vulcan and Andorian ships), which could have a workbee related console.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I know I am cynic about it, but I really dislike the concept of a "banned content" list. One would assume it's possible to reasonably talk to the forum attentands, even if they bring up topics that are unpleasant instead of barking at them that there's a list of things nobody wishes to talk about.

Most forums I have been on have their own content black list, that for whatever reason the people running them have decided they don't want discussed or in some cases for legal reasons can't allow to be discussed.

The FCT is just this forums version of that same concept.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited November 2014
    The "car" is the game as a whole. It would be more like them saying they won't put in Air Conditioning and then not providing me with a reason when I ask for one.

They are certainly free to ignore the demand for an explanation, but I am free to not pay them for their product.
    Neither CBS nor Cryptic is complaining about you not buying their air condition less car.

That someone that realy wants an air condition in his car is unlikely to buy a car without air condition is something that a car manufacturer probably is intimitely aware of, and when he decides to put out a car without air condition, he probably is okay with not getting those people as customers.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's fun blowing holes in the entitlement issues arguments.

You should have seen the one we had about a year and a half to 2 years ago about "the customer is always right". priceless humor from the entitlement crowds arguments. :P

Not sure if this your angle but when 90% of canon ships are top tier including ones that are both older and smaller than the Connie refit asking for it does not qualify for entitlement issues.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here is a thought, if all of the 'CBS said No' white knights just ignored/avoided these types of threads, either the threads would die on their own or people would have somewhere to discuss and register their desire for an endgame connie. The reason these threads always end up derailing and becoming flame wars is because the 'CBS said No' white knights can't leave it alone! :(
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2014
    CBS said no, So its "never" gonna happen.

They claim CBS said no...................claim

As many outright Lies as cryptic has been caught in specially in DR do you really believe CBS said no as a Fact ?

I don't..not for a minute

If the connie was made t5/6 whatever if it was made into a somewhat competive ship

A (huge) portion of the Fed playerbase would play it and no other ship costing cryptic CASH

That's What I believe

its also why the Galaxy is made into such a Chump ship..If it was good too many would play it and no other ship

Its all about the money..............CBS said ...Is a smokescreen
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Look, CBS does not want T-decent Connies, so just shut up, as it is not happening.

Do you really think Cryptic hasn't asked about it? Of course they have, you could sticker a T6 Connie up for 1,000,000 dollars (paid for LTS style, no Zen involved) and it would sell - Cryptic sure as hell wouldn't say no, but CBS has.
    edited November 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

They claim CBS said no...................claim

As many outright Lies as cryptic has been caught in specially in DR do you really believe CBS said no as a Fact ?

I don't..not for a minute

If the connie was made t5/6 whatever if it was made into a somewhat competive ship

A (huge) portion of the Fed playerbase would play it and no other ship costing cryptic CASH

That's What I believe

its also why the Galaxy is made into such a Chump ship..If it was good too many would play it and no other ship

Its all about the money..............CBS said ...Is a smokescreen

If you don't believe what Cryptic said on the issue, there is nothing that Cryptic could possibly say to convince you that a Constitution Refit will never come and that CBS is against it.

They could name a specific person at CBS and present the excerpt of an official e-mail between CBS and PWE or whatever, and you could say: "It's fake":

The only way you would shut up would obviously fullilling your request for a Tier 6 Connie.

I see your strategy. It reminds me of when my sisters were still very young and would occassionally scream if they didn't get what they wanted so long that it seems they had stopped breathing... But I don't think Cryptic has any motherly, brotherly or fatherly instincts toward you.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not saying CBS didn't say no, but I'm a more of a "I'll believe it when I see it" type of guy - so until I see an offcial statement from CBS or a CBS representative clearly stating this, I'll always have doubts. I have my doubts that Cryptic keeps the iconic ship being "low preformers" because they're afraid it may reduce sales of their other ships, so follwing that trail of thought the most terrifying thing would be a Constitution which was the first and the most iconic one of all.

I just want to hear it "from the horse's mouth" in order to stop the speculations once for all. And assuming CBS really said no, I'm very interested to hear their reasoning behind the decision given all the other TRIBBLE in form of even more ancient ships at end-game or Tholian and Undine ships they seemingly have no issues with. I think it would be fun to hear and dare I say, a good laugh.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • originalkaticoriginalkatic Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you don't believe what Cryptic said on the issue, there is nothing that Cryptic could possibly say to convince you that a Constitution Refit will never come and that CBS is against it.

They could name a specific person at CBS and present the excerpt of an official e-mail between CBS and PWE or whatever, and you could say: "It's fake":

The only way you would shut up would obviously fullilling your request for a Tier 6 Connie.

I see your strategy. It reminds me of when my sisters were still very young and would occassionally scream if they didn't get what they wanted so long that it seems they had stopped breathing... But I don't think Cryptic has any motherly, brotherly or fatherly instincts toward you.

It worked for the Fed Carrier folks, didn't it?
    Original Join Date: January 2010. Ragequit Date: January 7th 2012. Return Date: October 23rd 2014.

Almost called it.
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can have your T6 Constitution when I get my T7 Odyssey with it's 500,000 hull and 12 weapon slots.

Lets be realistic here, as pissed off as the connie advocates are, the rest of us would riot if our T5-U and T6 ships were made obsolete and over shadowed by some old relic. I mean cmooon, what's appealing? The big clunky satellite dish sticking out of it? The fact that the ship's computer is a 8 track player?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    vermatrix wrote: »
    You can have your T6 Constitution when I get my T7 Odyssey with it's 500,000 hull and 12 weapon slots.

Lets be realistic here, as pissed off as the connie advocates are, the rest of us would riot if our T5-U and T6 ships were made obsolete and over shadowed by some old relic. I mean cmooon, what's appealing? The big clunky satellite dish sticking out of it? The fact that the ship's computer is a 8 track player?

They why didn't "the rest of you" riot and burn the forum when they released the ENT era end game ships like the 2 Xindi lockbox ships that are considered amongst the best in their respective classes, the ENT era T'Varo, the ENT era D'Kyr, the B'rel, K'tinga huh?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    They why didn't "the rest of you" riot and burn the forum when they released the ENT era end game ships like the 2 Xindi lockbox ships that are considered amongst the best in their respective classes, the ENT era T'Varo, the ENT era D'Kyr, the B'rel, K'tinga huh?

Since I just use a T5-U Odyssey since I just have 1 character as a fed one, someone else can answer that one. I will, however point out how rediculous it would be for that ship to get bumped to T-6 while ships like the Odyssey which by the way is supposed to be the new fed flagship can only be T5-U. The whole argument is rediculous anyway because Cryptic is not and will not in this or any other lifetime, never, ever do a T6 or 7 or 8 or whatever connie. Why? Because they know it's a never ending argument, each time the level cap raises or a new tier is released you people will be here demanding yet another tier bump for that ship. What should they do? Make it a tier infinity with 900,000,000 hull and 1000 weapon slots as a dreadnaught carrier with battle cloak?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    Then go ask CBS directly and get your answer from the horses mouth. ;)

I maybe would if I didn't live on a different continent. And another player tried to get the answers via mail recently, but they didn't reply to him as far as I know.
    Anyway, given how Cryptic is suposed to cooperate closely with CBS on additions in STO, one would think it's in their best interest to provide such information themselves, so they can put the playerbase and the hostility of the Connie lovers towards them at ease.
    vermatrix wrote: »
    Since I just use a T5-U Odyssey since I just have 1 character as a fed one, someone else can answer that one. I will, however point out how rediculous it would be for that ship to get bumped to T-6 while ships like the Odyssey which by the way is supposed to be the new fed flagship can only be T5-U. The whole argument is rediculous anyway because Cryptic is not and will not in this or any other lifetime, never, ever do a T6 or 7 or 8 or whatever connie. Why? Because they know it's a never ending argument, each time the level cap raises or a new tier is released you people will be here demanding yet another tier bump for that ship. What should they do? Make it a tier infinity with 900,000,000 hull and 1000 weapon slots as a dreadnaught carrier with battle cloak?

Well, first of all I'm not a Connie fanboy, I'm a Galaxy fanboy. :P So I'm not really obsessed with this issue.
    But about the bumps of ships - Cryptic did that to themselves. If they had backbone and stood firmly by a decision to keep the game in the 25-th century, this all would have been moot. However, they went for the money (understandably) and now you can't be suprised when people ask why 'Ship A' from 300 years ago is not at end game, while 'Ship B' and 'Ship C' from the same era, even older, are.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The last "Official Dev" statement on this matter - from D. Stahl during a livestream IIRC, was essentially "there is always hope for an endgame Connie".

The last "official action", by the forums moderation crew, lumped T5 Connie threads under "frequently asked".

If this thread joins the "frequently asked" list, well, that's our answer for now - "keep hoping just don't spam the boards on it"...

Otherwise, a spirited discussion on what could/should be done with a T6 Connie, or even T5U (to help skirt the endgame issues some) is not outside the "allowable on the forum" topics...

Spirited not being the "no way in heck" vs "I (we) want it" crowd. It should focus on what we would like to see if/when our desires are met... :)

On that note, I'll re-cite the last known CBS logic "driving" the "no" statement. That the Connie is "too old of a design to compete toe-to-toe as a cruiser with the Soverign or Oddessy". Essentially, humanity needs all these models to "keep improving" the power levels of the starships.

Yet, whether through CBS "inaction" or just plain old Gameplay reasons, this logic is already thrown to pot with what exists as "canon" in game. To many, Excelsior > Oddessy (even tactial version). D'Kyr, Kumari, and T'Varo (all from ENT and therefore "older" than the Connie) >= Oddy, frequently "in their own ways".

And I key on that second part a lot. "In their own ways". To me, any "serious" discussion on an Endgame Connie borrows some from semi-known naval tradition, definite Starfleet Battles tradition, and some size comparisons. Specifically, the concept that "last year's heavy cruiser is this year's light cruiser". Connie is dang close in size to the Rhode Island. Intrepid is frequently called a "light cruiser". When looked at in the 25th century's lights, the Connie practically fits right into the mold we call "science ships".

This handily, and deftly, avoids the whole "Connie can't equal the Oddy as a cruiser" spiel, because it won't be a cruiser, it'll get it's wins (if possible) through science. Weapons count? Sci's have 3/3, cruisers 4/4. Etc. etc. And remember, we've tossed age-related concerns out the window already with the 3+ T6 "equivalent through T5U11" ENT-era ships...

And, to be a completionist, I bring up the other "lacking an endgame ship", the NX. I have yet to see how a "proper" NX, aka completely unshielded, version can exist at endgame - because no shields = no space sets. However, the NX is essentially a nacelle-direction swap of the Akira (NX goes up with "pod thingie" at the pylon junction underslung, Akira goes down with the "pod thingie" above the saucer's plane). A quick repaint and nacelle swap = NX homage, though this time they had to put shields on her because there's no hull material that tough...

Also, this "rounds out" a theme I see with ship classifications. Do note that the three TNG hero ships are spaced throughout the three classes - Galaxy/Sovvy/Oddy = Cruiser, Intrepid = Science, Defiant = Escort. Excelsior already fills the Cruiser role, an NX-ified Akira would obviously stick around as an escort, and the Connie fills Sci, we "repeat" the TNG hero actions with the "older" ENT/ToS/TMP eras, covering all remaining fans just as the TNG fans are covered.

Exact stats would be up to the Devs, and before someone else re-hashes things, yes, I do understand that a "buffed up Science Connie" will never be "intentionally" designed on a par with the Wells or Vesta. I too, stand by the belief that Cryptic attempts to keep the hero ships a step behind in power levels compared to "Cryptic creations" - because otherwise we'd all be "having our cake and eating it too", causing C-store sales to dry up. Still, if an endgame Sci Connie can handle all of DR but maybe not be a PvP god-ship (like Excelsior tends to be) I'll be OK with that. I mean, I'm not running out of my Vesta for the T6 Intrepid because the Vesta is more than good enough for my endgame play... ;)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All of this bickering is actually moot, if Cryptic thinks they can turn a profit on it, they'd sell it, if they don't, they won't bother.

You're dealing with Ferengi here, anything potentially profitable WILL be sold, period, regardless of how the community feels about it. The Connie folk have a fairly good shot now that they're reselling us ships we already paid for at t6 and $7.00 USD "upgrade modules" for ships we already paid for to make them relevant in the current game.

Profit is EVERYTHING to these people, the employees come next but the community is way back in last place as is the actual quality of the game.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As other have mentioned, CBS has final say in what happens with their ships. If you want it then you need to make that known to them.
    edited November 2014
    It worked for the Fed Carrier folks, didn't it?
    Dang.

But it was only that non-Fed looking Atrox.

At first.

But then, no CBS guy ever said no to Fed Carriers. Where they should have said no to Carriers in the first place. :(
This discussion has been closed.