test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So revamping old ships to T6 now? so do we get..

kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
Well now that they are revamping old ships to T6... do we get a T6 Garumba?

After all they said months ago that a fleet Garumba was coming.. and we got nada. So if we do not get a fleet version can we get a T6 version.

Here are some changes.. remove the 35% speed reduction in siege mode.. it already has a down side with the flip animation and no dps while its doing it.

Alows 2 fire modes.. single target and aoe to be in line with the spinal lance of the galaxy dred.

Give it a rear firing disruptor turret.. instead of a hanger bay. You know to spice up after never getting a fleet version of it.

.... come one give us the KDF something other then battle crusiers.. there are other races in the KDF... oh and a dedicated sci ship to the kdf... that is all.
Post edited by kelshando on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I assume the established Hero Ships will come first.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Too bad this will be a stand-alone ship, and not an upgrade to our current ones.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I assume the established Hero Ships will come first.

ya ya.. but they said there would be a fleet garumba.. and then back out of it.. I want my fleet guramba or a t6 version of it dang it!!
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kelshando wrote: »
    ya ya.. but they said there would be a fleet garumba.. and then back out of it.. I want my fleet guramba or a t6 version of it dang it!!

What?! You want them to spend the vast resources needed to upgrade a ship to a fleet version? Madness!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    What?! You want them to spend the vast resources needed to upgrade a ship to a fleet version? Madness!

Vast resources.. ya im sure.. changing a few lines of text is hard.. its not like they have to remodel the darn thing lol
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Vast resources.. ya im sure.. changing a few lines of text is hard.. its not like they have to remodel the darn thing lol

To be fair... It's more than a few lines of text...

The whole thing (apart from model and textures) need to be duplicated and adjusted, not only for the Initial T5.75 stage, but the whole process from 50 to 60, the Skills/specialization thing, new mulitpliers....

Making new ships is relatively hard... Take it from a former BC modder... Re-making a ship is not an easy task.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    To be fair... It's more than a few lines of text...

The whole thing (apart from model and textures) need to be duplicated and adjusted, not only for the Initial T5.75 stage, but the whole process from 50 to 60, the Skills/specialization thing, new mulitpliers....

Making new ships is relatively hard... Take it from a former BC modder... Re-making a ship is not an easy task.

there not remaking it.. there is no 3d work needed. Most of the stuff your talking about are math multipliers. They are already there for T-5u version of it. You are not needing to change the skin or anything to make it fleet t-5u unless they add the fleet skin.. not that most of us care about that.

Now a T6 conversion would be more work do to them most likely changing the way the ship would look to justify buying a T6...

but for a T5 ship to go to T-5u to fleet T-5u is not really that hard.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    there not remaking it.. there is no 3d work needed. Most of the stuff your talking about are math multipliers. They are already there for T-5u version of it. You are not needing to change the skin or anything to make it fleet t-5u unless they add the fleet skin.. not that most of us care about that.

Now a T6 conversion would be more work do to them most likely changing the way the ship would look to justify buying a T6...

but for a T5 ship to go to T-5u to fleet T-5u is not really that hard.

Modeling a ship is really the easy part....

And no... It's not just altering a few multipliers... It's ALOT of mulitpliers...

The most basic ship I helped create for BC (A sov class variant) required almost 50 individual hardpoints and their variables.

For a T6 ship that has the ability to level with it's player, it's a heck of alot more complicated, and thats just for starters.

Theres also making sure it has at least some trace of balance.

I am not saying you should not get your goat-ship... I am just saying that you should not pretend that it's easier than it is... It's not just adding a file and slamming some new numbers into it.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I will probably get this as i have been waiting for this ship for my sci.

I don't really expect Galaxy T6 and Defiant T6, sice we have thephantom and what exactly would the guardian be for if the Galaxy fills the same role?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Modeling a ship is really the easy part....

And no... It's not just altering a few multipliers... It's ALOT of mulitpliers...

The most basic ship I helped create for BC (A sov class variant) required almost 50 individual hardpoints and their variables.

For a T6 ship that has the ability to level with it's player, it's a heck of alot more complicated, and thats just for starters.

Theres also making sure it has at least some trace of balance.

I am not saying you should not get your goat-ship... I am just saying that you should not pretend that it's easier than it is... It's not just adding a file and slamming some new numbers into it.

/faceplam

They already did it.. there are set numbers for each tier.. it already has leveling numbers for T-5u.. were not talking about a non leveling ship. That work is already done its just a mater of changing it to fleet t-5u numbers.. yes it not that hard.. the bulk of the work has already been done.

It's a hell of a lot more easy then redoing a ship from scratch.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    /faceplam

They already did it.. there are set numbers for each tier.. it already has leveling numbers for T-5u.. were not talking about a non leveling ship. That work is already done its just a mater of changing it to fleet t-5u numbers.. yes it not that hard.. the bulk of the work has already been done.

And yet you, as the only one, keep talking about redoing ships from scratch...

I am done here... I really hope they won't do it... You really don't deserve it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And yet you, as the only one, keep talking about redoing ships from scratch...

I am done here... I really hope they won't do it... You really don't deserve it.

Talk about putting your head the sand....

You inability to understand that the ship has already been upgraded to level up with the player is astounding.

This isnt like taking a Miranda and upgrading it to T5 levels. It's already T-5u upgraded ship.... meaning its already set up to level with the player.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Too bad this will be a stand-alone ship, and not an upgrade to our current ones.

When DR released, I knew that there were 2 possible roads Cryptic was going to do:

1. Pay for upgrading old T5/T5U ships to T6 status when they were ready, at a discount.

2. Resell the same old ships at T6 at full, new prices, no discounts.

I was hoping for 1, but realistically, I knew 2 was likely to happen. The precedent had been set already long before. For example:

Before DR, buying the lower Tier 4 C-Store Intrepid did not make the T5 nor Fleet Intrepid cheaper.

With that track record found in other cross-tier ship releases in the past, I knew Option 2 was the likelier event to occur. Even before DR, as you climbed up the Tiers, your lower Tiered ships no longer had value. The same is going to happen to such heavy degree with the rest of T5/T5U.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I will probably get this as i have been waiting for this ship for my sci.

I don't really expect Galaxy T6 and Defiant T6, sice we have thephantom and what exactly would the guardian be for if the Galaxy fills the same role?

I could have said the same thing about the Intrepid, since the Dauntless was released...

I hope they do a T6 Defiant, with integrated cloak & Dual Quantum Torpedo launchers. :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Remember who we're dealing with here.
    Changing a few lines of text usually leads to things like..
    Exchange bugs
    Powertray wipes
    Vaudwaar ships with random HP levels
    Need I go on.
    :(
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What ships I'm expecting to have T6 retrofits:
    -Star Cruiser (Sentinel)
    -Deep Space Science Vessel (Trident)
    -Recon Science Vessel (Luna)
    -Negh'Var
    -Hegh'ta
    -Guramba
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    When DR released, I knew that there were 2 possible roads Cryptic was going to do:

1. Pay for upgrading old T5/T5U ships to T6 status when they were ready, at a discount.

2. Resell the same old ships at T6 at full, new prices, no discounts.

I was hoping for 1, but realistically, I knew 2 was likely to happen. The precedent had been set already long before. For example:

Before DR, buying the lower Tier 4 C-Store Intrepid did not make the T5 nor Fleet Intrepid cheaper.

With that track record found in other cross-tier ship releases in the past, I knew Option 2 was the likelier event to occur.

Well they tried to do both.. Fleet T-5u have better stats then T6 but less trait and intel skills with the future of fleet T6.

The issue now is why should you buy a upgrade to a T-5u or Fleet T-5u if there going to redo older ships anyhow.

Sure its great that the T4 console works with the T-6 but that's a hefty price for a console if you do not already own it.

another issue that will need to be addressed is the fleet T6 ships.. will they req you own the C-store or will you be able to get through fleet mods. If you can through fleet mods I'm sure the cost is going to go up maybe need 5 or 6 mods per T6 instead of 4 per as of now.
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I imagine Cryptic have preset variables they just put in to scale hull/shield hp etc with the player as you level up the mastery or whatever. The Galaxy and Defiant should really get an update to reflect the new standards set by the T6 Intrepid model and stats. The Galaxy model looks really awful in my eyes (I know it's better than it was at launch), the neck is just... ewwww... and the stats are so underwhelming I just want to laugh at it. Problem is the Guardian has the console and BOFF layout the Gal-R SHOULD HAVE HAD months ago. Would be nice to have a Defiant without 3 ens tacs too.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Due:
    T6 Intrepid - Iconic Starship, features in DR

Quite Likely:
    T6 Odyssey - Flagship + Good Bulk Cruiser
    T6 Bortas - Flagship
    T6 Scimitar - Flagship + High Seller
    T6 Vesta - High Seller

50/50 Chance:
    T6 Galaxy
    T6 Nebula
    T6 Defiant
    T6 Vor'cha
    T6 Negh'var
    T6 Bird of Prey
    T6 Mogai
    T6 Deridex

My predictions...

Desires (excluding some desires already posted):
    T6 Assault Cruiser
    T6 Star Cruiser
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well they tried to do both.. Fleet T-5u have better stats then T6 but less trait and intel skills with the future of fleet T6.

The issue now is why should you buy a upgrade to a T-5u or Fleet T-5u if there going to redo older ships anyhow.

Sure its great that the T4 console works with the T-6 but that's a hefty price for a console if you do not already own it.

another issue that will need to be addressed is the fleet T6 ships.. will they req you own the C-store or will you be able to get through fleet mods. If you can through fleet mods I'm sure the cost is going to go up maybe need 5 or 6 mods per T6 instead of 4 per as of now.

For the highlighted portion, there isn't a big need anymore to go T5U other than to fly what you currently have on the cheap at T5U compared to a full fledged T6 ship or the DR Pack. The need for T5U will lessen as we see more of the T6 ships, most esp when they come with classic Star Trek ship models like a Galaxy, Sovereign, B'Rel, etc.

As for Fleet T6 requirements, I just look to STO's past.
    - To own a Fleet T6 Ship, you don't HAVE to have the C-Store version.
    - The C-Store T6 version will do the standard discount for the Fleet T6 version.
    - Fleet ships still will not come with a special console.

I'm expecting Cryptic to uphold that tradition. How many FSMs it's going to be? Not sure.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    admiraldunwalladmiraldunwall Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    /faceplam

If it's so easy, go to Cryptic and implement it yourself.

These guys have limited resources. Why waste time on a single ship that has little usage in the community when they can revamp the ships that the majority of the community care about? Ships that large amounts of people will actually pay money for?

Don't even get me started on the bugs. I would rather they spend time fixing these damn bugs before they implement a fleet Gurumba.
    tumblr_n8bewt4QjC1qm2fu4o2_r1_400.gif
    "Polls are so annoying, let's make a poll to see who agrees!"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    If it's so easy, go to Cryptic and implement it yourself.

These guys have limited resources. Why waste time on a single ship that has little usage in the community when they can revamp the ships that the majority of the community care about? Ships that large amounts of people will actually pay money for?

Don't even get me started on the bugs. I would rather they spend time fixing these damn bugs before they implement a fleet Gurumba.

Grow up.....

if all they did was "fix bugs" we there would never be new content..
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    For the highlighted portion, there isn't a big need anymore to go T5U other than to fly what you currently have on the cheap at T5U compared to a full fledged T6 ship or the DR Pack. The need for T5U will lessen as we see more of the T6 ships, most esp when they come with classic Star Trek ship models like a Galaxy, Sovereign, B'Rel, etc.

As for Fleet T6 requirements, I just look to STO's past.
    - To own a Fleet T6 Ship, you don't HAVE to have the C-Store version.
    - The C-Store T6 version will do the standard discount for the Fleet T6 version.
    - Fleet ships still will not come with a special console.

I'm expecting Cryptic to uphold that tradition. How many FSMs it's going to be? Not sure.

I think that's the point... the whole selling point on T-5u/fleet T-5u was that they were looking to the future and that the older ships would be viable.

If they are rereleasing older ships to newer T6 ships its really a waste of money to the people that own the T-5u's of those older ships.

I do think that fleet T6 if you can buy them with out owning the c-store are going to up in costs. this is inline with the c-store T6 being 500 zen more then tier 5 ships. I wouldn't be shocked if they go to 5 fleet mods per ship up from 4.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am absolutely convinced that the Guardian was meant to be a Galaxy variant.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Grow up.....

if all they did was "fix bugs" we there would never be new content..

Hey, I not the one being inexplicably rude to other forum members for simply having a different opinion...

If they didn't fix bugs, then the game would become unplayable, lose its community and die. None of us want that and is far more important than revamping old ships. Sure once the game is stable and our Mac brothers can once again actually PLAY the game, then by all means, work on the revamps.

Even then, I would rather they create new content like the Mat'Ha raptor and more battlezones.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Surprise, surprise .... triple dipping by Cryptic's Part and making T5U obsolete ...

... the worst part though : the new Interior seems to be locked to 2 of those "Packs" which will probably cost 5000 Zen upwards ... no new Interior for the T4 or T5(U) Versions or even the "basic" T6 Version ...

Boils down to : New Interior for 50+ bucks ... no thanks ... Cryptic, you're drunk ... go home ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If they didn't fix bugs, then the game would become unplayable, lose its community and die.

You mean just like what's been happening lately and for the most part of the last 4+ years?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    You mean just like what's been happening lately and for the most part of the last 4+ years?

To be frank, yes :D

But things are getting better, at least they are communicating now
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i really hate the way they announce things for this game. im in the forums every dang day and havent seen any news about this subject how about a link please.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    i really hate the way they announce things for this game. im in the forums every dang day and havent seen any news about this subject how about a link please.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1300231

It's the one where everyone is mocking the design decisions, the utter lack of KDF or Rom T6 Science Vessels (and T6 ships in general), the decision to announce this now after folks have upgraded their Long Range Science Vessels to T5-U, the lack of a hangar when there are already Delta Flyer Hangar Pets, it not being included in the Ops Pack despite being right there on the Delta Rising wallpaper, etc.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​