test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So revamping old ships to T6 now? so do we get..

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9005093-intrepid-class-starship

I also keep an eye on the main page, which is where the news comes from.

And before anyone says it, because I'm sure it will come up...

NO T6 CONNIE 4 U!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To be frank, yes :D

But things are getting better, at least they are communicating now

lol... its the same as before.

As they have said they have a content team and a bug fixing them.. they can do both.. I know, I know it shocking.
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are they going to revamp the Dyson ships?

Actually no, what I want is new ships, give me a new, customizable science ship cryptic.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1300231

It's the one where everyone is mocking the design decisions, the utter lack of KDF or Rom T6 Science Vessels (and T6 ships in general), the decision to announce this now after folks have upgraded their Long Range Science Vessels to T5-U, the lack of a hangar when there are already Delta Flyer Hangar Pets, it not being included in the Ops Pack despite being right there on the Delta Rising wallpaper, etc.

ahh at this point i dont give a TRIBBLE what ships the feds get or we kdf do not get. its becoming more about the traits now. and feds are crazy op when it comes to options these days.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am surprised that people are resistant to this. We're getting T6 versions of the ships we all love. How many threads popped up from people saying they would pay $30 to upgrade their ships to T6? A T6 Intrepid means we'll see a T6 Galaxy, T6 Defiant, T6 Sovereign, T6 Prometheus...which is what the boards have been asking for since T6 was announced.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    How many threads popped up from people saying they would pay $30 to upgrade their ships to T6?

None ? ... Zero ? ... Nada ? ... besides it's not and Upgrade, it's more like 15$ + 20$ + 7$ + 30$ ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    None ? ... Zero ? ... Nada ? ...

When T6 was announced and T5U was announced a lot of threads popped up by people saying they'd pay the $30 to upgrade to full T6
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I am surprised that people are resistant to this. We're getting T6 versions of the ships we all love. How many threads popped up from people saying they would pay $30 to upgrade their ships to T6? A T6 Intrepid means we'll see a T6 Galaxy, T6 Defiant, T6 Sovereign, T6 Prometheus...which is what the boards have been asking for since T6 was announced.

Maybe that people would be upset that spent upgrading t5 ships to t-5u because they were told that there would be no t6 ships of those old iconic ships.. so instead of play 2500 to 2000 zen for the ship 500 zen to make it a fleet ship and 700 zen to make it a fleet t-5u.. so 3200 to 3500 zen.. then to see same ship again with better perks being offered for another 3000zen... ya cant see why anyone would be upset :D

But I would like to see T6 ships that never had fleet versions of that ship.. like the garumba
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    When T6 was announced and T5U was announced a lot of threads popped up by people saying they'd pay the $30 to upgrade to full T6

Still no ... there were Threads however, with people asking for "full Upgrades" instead of T5U (MINUS the 30$ +/- 7$) ... I challenge you, to find more than 1 mad-man willing to pay 30 bucks for an simple Upgrade ... and again it's not even an upgrade ...
    I am surprised that people are resistant to this.

Besides the "but, you guys" argument is pretty silly ... we're not an collective hive mind ...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To be frank, yes :D

But things are getting better, at least they are communicating now

I'm not calling it communicating just yet. What we've seen that one strange day in the year to me was damage control. We're yet to see if they're up to the grusome task of communicating.
    And I swear, I can't see for the love of Trek where things are getting better as much as I'd want to. This last pathetic excuse for an expansion has made the game take a nose-dive if anything.

People have legitimate issues with this quintuple dipping Cryptic is doing, not the fact that they've made one of the iconic ships be T6. Honestly, I find it disgusting as a business practice. How many times will one buy the Intrepid? If you count the times an Intrepid fan has bought that exact same ship over and over again just to be competitive, you'll end up with a sum more expensive than a new AAA title. For one ship.
    Not to mention how they conveniently pretended that they'll only be making brand new T6 ships, so everyone that likes the ship gets to blow 700 Zen to get it to T5-U first. Can't have quadruple dipping when we can have quintuple, can we?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    admiraldunwalladmiraldunwall Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kelshando wrote: »
    lol... its the same as before.

As they have said they have a content team and a bug fixing them.. they can do both.. I know, I know it shocking.

And again (I shall repeat myself) why make content for a game that doesn't work?

The content team should work on new content. I disagree with them rehashing old content for money. But at least it's for ships the majority of people actually want (IE the intrepid).
    I know, I know it shocking.

And dude, calm down, there really is no need to be rude...
    tumblr_n8bewt4QjC1qm2fu4o2_r1_400.gif
    "Polls are so annoying, let's make a poll to see who agrees!"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm not calling it communicating just yet. What we've seen that one strange day in the year to me was damage control. We're yet to see if they're up to the grusome task of communicating.

When you put it that way, yes, I will have to say there is more work to be done communication-wise (I spend a lot of time in the bug section, there seems to be a lot more dev interaction there).

It's more the case I was thinking at least some communication is better than nothing.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's more the case I was thinking at least some communication is better than nothing.

True and I agree with that, but it's up to them now to show if they've seen the wrong in their ways and decided to engage the palyerbase more openly or all of that was just an anomaly.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well now that they are revamping old ships to T6... do we get a T6 Garumba?

After all they said months ago that a fleet Garumba was coming.. and we got nada. So if we do not get a fleet version can we get a T6 version.

Here are some changes.. remove the 35% speed reduction in siege mode.. it already has a down side with the flip animation and no dps while its doing it.

Alows 2 fire modes.. single target and aoe to be in line with the spinal lance of the galaxy dred.

Give it a rear firing disruptor turret.. instead of a hanger bay. You know to spice up after never getting a fleet version of it.

.... come one give us the KDF something other then battle crusiers.. there are other races in the KDF... oh and a dedicated sci ship to the kdf... that is all.

I am sorry - I've been off the grid for a lil while... when was this released? Can you post a link to the actual news article?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    True and I agree with that, but it's up to them now to show if they've seen the wrong in their ways and decided to engage the palyerbase more openly or all of that was just an anomaly.

I'm very much holding out to see what the situation is. Let's all hope that they are taking steps in the right direction.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And again (I shall repeat myself) why make content for a game that doesn't work?

The content team should work on new content. I disagree with them rehashing old content for money. But at least it's for ships the majority of people actually want (IE the intrepid).

And dude, calm down, there really is no need to be rude...

For one get this "majority" TRIBBLE out of the argument. It's a few people that like the ship.. the "majority" has nothing to do with it.

for seconded.. The Garumba (the ship I talked about at the start) is not NEW content. Its really not content. Its a upgrade that they promised months ago and never delivered. Take a ton less work then a total remodel of a older ship with new textures, bridge, consoles etc... but hey lets not stop there..

The KDF were promised a lot of there older ships would get revamps. So its not asking for anything new its asking and wanting things that were already promised.

I guaranty you that there are more KDF players per there population wanting new ships and revamp of older ships then people who wanted the Intrepid rereleased again.

KDF have been asking for years for a dedicated sci ship.

Ships are not content if you think that plz leave.
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hehehe, and within in a year or two you will re-buy the same ship as T7, then as T8, and so on.

Perfectly fine by me, the lot that swallowed T5U, 8-missions expac, grind/sink increase and T6 should be fleeced not to the skin but to the bone.

Bleed them dry Cryptic, bleed them dry to cover the losses from those that left.

I hope new Fleet T6 will cost extra $10, old modules are too cheap.
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When you put it that way, yes, I will have to say there is more work to be done communication-wise (I spend a lot of time in the bug section, there seems to be a lot more dev interaction there).

You remind me of a Hungarian comedy clip set in Stalinist Russia.

NKVD officer barges in the moldy cell and tells the prisoner: "Ivan Ivanovich, we are going to shoot you as the enemy of the revolution, we will confiscate your meager property, kick your dog and deport your family to Siberia!

Good thing is we are communicating openly with you!"

Would you like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick?

I will communicate with you how far I should press it and twirl it.
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I want a T6 bortasqu' or even better a t6 bird of prey ala the heng'ta's big brother.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    I want a T6 bortasqu' or even better a t6 bird of prey ala the heng'ta's big brother.

Don't worry the T6 Bortasqu Pack for 150,000 Zen is on it's way :P
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Did anyone else see this?

for seconded.. The Garumba (the ship I talked about at the start) is not NEW content. Its really not content. Its a upgrade that they promised months ago and never delivered. Take a ton less work then a total remodel of a older ship with new textures, bridge, consoles etc... but hey lets not stop there..

The KDF were promised a lot of there older ships would get revamps. So its not asking for anything new its asking and wanting things that were already promised.

Cryptic do not make promises, I would like to see a source on this. Otherwise, you are wrong.

Again, seriously, did anyone see this guy actually say this?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Did anyone else see this?

Cryptic do not make promises, I would like to see a source on this. Otherwise, you are wrong.

Again, seriously, did anyone see this guy actually say this?

Your ship is your avatar.. your avatar is used to play the content of the game.... dur..

yes they did announce that the Garumba plus other older t5 ships would be getting fleet versions... your ignorance of that fact is not my responsibility to fix.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Don't worry the T6 Bortasqu Pack for 150,000 Zen is on it's way :P

don't give them ideas!!! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Your ship is your avatar.. your avatar is used to play the content of the game.... dur..

yes they did announce that the Garumba plus other older t5 ships would be getting fleet versions... your ignorance of that fact is not my responsibility to fix.

Actually, the character you create in the 'character creator' is your avatar, not the ship. Even then, premium species such as the Caitian and the joined Trill are both examples of MONETISED content. Even your 'avatars' have monetised content. Hell, your avatar is content in itself.

Your ship however, despite being a central aspect of the game, is NOT your avatar.

The main point is, everything in the game is content, I'm not too sure what your definition of content is.
    ... dur..

Again, do you need to be so rude?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Actually, the character you create in the 'character creator' is your avatar, not the ship. Even then, premium species such as the Caitian and the joined Trill are both examples of MONETISED content. Even your 'avatars' have monetised content. Hell, your avatar is content in itself.

Your ship however, despite being a central aspect of the game, is NOT your avatar.

The main point is, everything in the game is content, I'm not too sure what your definition of content is.

Again, do you need to be so rude?

And you are wrong again... how do you like that?

The devs stated ships are your space avatar while your captain is your ground avatar..
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The devs stated ships are your space avatar while your captain is your ground avatar..
    source? 'cause as far as I'm concerned my ship is no more than my current weapon of choice...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Ok, fair enough that is a fair point if you look at it from that angle (again, I would like a source of the devs saying this, but I doubt you shall provide one). But the fact still stands that your ship is content, your character is content and that you was incorrect about the fact that ships are not content.

Let's try and steer this back to the topic of the thread here. There is limited resources to create new content. Cryptic is going to make more money by creating new content (ships = content) as opposed to revamping old ships that a lot of people consider obsolete (not myself however, I still love my Vo'quv carrier).

Feel free to talk about how much you want a fleet Gurumba, but being rude to fellow forum users and not backing up points with valid proof and reasoning is not the way to go about it.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really, the only ships I would expect to see make T6 aside from the Voyager (being the star of this current season) are all the T5 3 and 9-pack Bundle ships.

Simply replace them with T6 version for 1000 more, give them a trait per bundle (since their Mastery are the same despite Tac/Sci/Eng sub-variants), and allow existing T5 or T5U versions to be freely upgraded to T6. And let the packs count towards discounting their T6 Fleet versions.

If Cryptic announces it ahead of an update, players would scramble for the packs. If Cryptic announces it after the update (as a surprise/moneygrab), players will still scramble for the packs. Dyson alone would be the easy way to release a Rom/KDF Sci ship and a Mastery trait (and with the new skins, are more tolerable), and the Scimitar/Bortesqu' would guarantee a 4th Mastery trait for Rom/KDF. Granted, the same applies to Feds, on top of an Odyssey, Vesta, and Andorian Escort Mastery trait.
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9005093-intrepid-class-starship

I also keep an eye on the main page, which is where the news comes from.

And before anyone says it, because I'm sure it will come up...

NO T6 CONNIE 4 U!

yeah but the way they title things . i mean i do not play fed side EVER so if they post something titled intrepid class starship or club 47 it has nothing to do with me so i dont bother with it. now if they titled it intrepid Upgraded to t6 just hte upgrade to t6 might have caught my attention. but as its titled now sorry.

I just really usually avoid reading all this stuff for the feds to avoid getting mad at the favoritism shown.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG