What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Intrepid Class Starship

Comments

• Options
    valdores03valdores03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just wondering when is the Pathfinder class coming? Is it this thursday or some other time?
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OK, I can see the wisdom of this ship for me and I have managed to sort out some coin and gotten 3000 zen atop of my 800 for a total of 3800. That better damn well be enough for the T6, bridge and interior pack.

I'm actually getting excited now. The only other purchase I'll eagerly buy now is an areoshuttle to do all those shuttlecraft missions in.

:)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sadly, they don't seem to bother telling us how much anything will cost anymore, leaving us to find out for ourselves when we log in post-patch.

However, at a GUESS - with options split between three packs, I would ASSUSME that the ship, as a stand-alone purchase, will cost 3000zen (as per the other T6 ships) with the packs costing 4000zen. Although there is a $5 discount, we don't know what that $5 is against since we don't know the overall cost.

Yeah, I estimate 4000 zen for the T6 ship with bridge and interior. However, I hope the discount will save me about 500 zen. If I'm correct, I now have enough zen for what I intend.

I imagine the intrepid collection of ALL the ships and interiors will be the combined cost of all the past "intrepid" ships plus 3000 for the T6 and 1000 for the bridge and interior. So, about 7500 zen.

So, my price estimate for the packs is as follows:

T6 ship: 3000
    T6 ship with bridge and interior: 4000
    Intrepid collection pack: 7500

Let's see if I'm right when they're released...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,425 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it confirmed that this ship will be available today after the patch?

The discount on the micro transactions begins later today so while the official release date has not been announced yet we can be certain the pathfinder is released after today's patch.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    If it were the same thing, you'd have a point. No one is forcing anyone to buy the new Intrepid, but in game and on the forum I don't have a choice to not see you pathetic babies cry.

I apologize. I didn't realize you had people holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read the forum. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I apologize. I didn't realize you had people holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read the forum. :rolleyes:

Those guys are the WORST, I tell you. Had this happen to me once, whew, let me tell you... it wasn't pleasant. :mad:
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Apologies if this has been answered before, but the thread has gotten pretty long. If I have the old Intrepid Retrofit, can I reskin the Paithfinder to the classic Intrepid look? Or is there a specific T6 variant that looks like the classic Intrepid? Will I be able to use the new interiors with the Intrepid T5-U?

Thanks!
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered before, but the thread has gotten pretty long. If I have the old Intrepid Retrofit, can I reskin the Paithfinder to the classic Intrepid look? Or is there a specific T6 variant that looks like the classic Intrepid? Will I be able to use the new interiors with the Intrepid T5-U?

Thanks!

I asked the same thing a while back. The Intrepid and Bellephon skins are useable on the Pathfinder and the bridge with interior is useable on any Federation Starship. The bridge is bound to the interior.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I asked the same thing a while back. The Intrepid and Bellephon skins are useable on the Pathfinder and the bridge with interior is useable on any Federation Starship. The bridge is bound to the interior.

Thank you for clearing ti up. :)
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vosoros wrote: »
    Yeah, I estimate 4000 zen for the T6 ship with bridge and interior. However, I hope the discount will save me about 500 zen. If I'm correct, I now have enough zen for what I intend.

I imagine the intrepid collection of ALL the ships and interiors will be the combined cost of all the past "intrepid" ships plus 3000 for the T6 and 1000 for the bridge and interior. So, about 7500 zen.

So, my price estimate for the packs is as follows:

T6 ship: 3000
    T6 ship with bridge and interior: 4000
    Intrepid collection pack: 7500

Let's see if I'm right when they're released...

Those price estimates are too high; Cryptic applies a ~30% discount on all three ship packs. The Tier 6 Ship alone would cost 3,000 zen, each bridge costs 500 zen (x2), the Tier V ship is 2,000 zen, and the Tier IV ship is 1,500 zen. A ~33% discount is about 2,500 zen off and therefore the full three ship pack with bridges is probably going to be 5,000 zen. Any higher would be unreasonable considering all Tier V three packs are 5,000 zen. The Tier 6 + bridge pack will probably cost 3,500 zen and the ship itself will probably cost 3,000 zen. Assuming discounts apply for the weekend the prices should be 4,500, 3,000, and 2,500 respectively.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, hopefully someone will be kind enough to post confirmation of prices here, once the servers are back up?

I won't be able to log into the game for a few hours as having to work over, but can still log into the forum occasionally.

5,000 zen for the full pack, 3,500 for the Tier VI Ship + Bridge Pack, and 2,500 zen for the ship alone. It looks like only the ship alone is discounted.
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    5,000 zen for the full pack, 3,500 for the Tier VI Ship + Bridge Pack, and 2,500 zen for the ship alone. It looks like only the ship alone is discounted.

I concur... T6 ship plus interiors cost me 3500 zen. And just so people know, both interiors, Voyager and Intrepid appear to be the same. Why they made any differentiation is beyond me. However I would guess that is so that they could claim they've done more "work" then they have... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    cannydog wrote: »
    I concur... T6 ship plus interiors cost me 3500 zen. And just so people know, both interiors, Voyager and Intrepid appear to be the same. Why they made any differentiation is beyond me. However I would guess that is so that they could claim they've done more "work" then they have... :rolleyes:

The differences were listed in a blog, or a post from Taco somewhere.

Intrepid has a standard cargo bay, Voyager version has borg alcoves in it.
    Intrepid version has the standard mess hall, Voyager version has the kitchen area.
    Intrepid has no astrometrics lab, Voyager version does.

There was at least one other thing too I'm sure, but can't recall off the top of my head.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The differences were listed in a blog, or a post from Taco somewhere.

Intrepid has a standard cargo bay, Voyager version has borg alcoves in it.
    Intrepid version has the standard mess hall, Voyager version has the kitchen area.
    Intrepid has no astrometrics lab, Voyager version does.

There was at least one other thing too I'm sure, but can't recall off the top of my head.

The Voyager ready room has Tuvok's art on the wall.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Of all ships this should have been included in the bloody delta pack.

Seriously, 2 minutes between posts.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The Voyager ready room has Tuvok's art on the wall.

That was it. I knew there was something else haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Is the bridge pack available on its own? Because if it is, wouldn't it be more economical to buy the ship then the bridge pack later?

Couldn't log into the game yet since I am at work so I couldn't check the store prices.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I gotta say that pathfinder design.

HELL YEAH!

Applause. That is a beautiful ship right there. Who designed that? Stand and be recognized. :D

Now THAT looks like a Starfleet Vessel in the grand Sovereign and Intrepid tradition. An Intrepid with a little Emissary, and a touch of Nova class. She's a beauty. At least to me. Well done.
    cannydog wrote: »

Intrepid is the proper class name for it. Voyager is a specific ship.

The Intrepid interior is the standard interior for all ships of the class, the stock version. the Voyager interior is the Voyager's specific modifications after seven years in the Delta quadrant.

Pricing is as follows.

Long Range Science Vessel [T6]

Normally $30 but $25 this weekend only
    Standard single ship

Long Range Science Vessel [T6] + Voyager Bridge Interiors (LIMITED TIME ONLY!)

Normally $40 but $35 this weekend only
    Includes:
    Standard Intrepid Interior
    Season 7 Voyager Interior

Intrepid Pack

Normally $55 but $50 this weekend only
    Includes:
    Long Range Science Vessel Refit
    Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit

So for 3 ships Tier 4, 5, and 6 and two interiors you pay 5500 Zen.

What confuses me is that the charge for the T6 and the interiors is 35 but is usually 40, but it's a limited time anyway. Why not just do the 35 for the entire limited time offer and then go on about their business with them separate? :confused:

Oh well.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Long Range Science Vessel [T6] + Voyager Bridge Interiors (LIMITED TIME ONLY!)

Normally $40 but $35 this weekend only
    Includes:

Aha that explains it. So the interior on its own (if it ever gets sold on its own) will likely cost 1000.

Another question, for those who have gotten the T6 ship, is it worth it or will an upgraded Fleet Intrepid be a better ship?

Thanks!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aha that explains it. So the interior on its own (if it ever gets sold on its own) will likely cost 1000.

If that's the case they're probably considering it to be technically two interiors meaning 500 each.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They are really fleecing people with this intrepid arnt they.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I just bought the full pack and ran through a Cure Space Normal. Overall the ship handles quite well; fairly similar to a Wells in a way.
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I assume the Fleet Pathfinder Class will have a 3rd tac console slot and a better shield mod. Yay!

So far I like it but will return to my tac Vesta when I get the 5th Mastery Skill
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be reselling you your iconic ships soon enough too. That's what you should be upset about, the hypocrisy of releasing this after claiming T5-Us would be on par, not the fact that it's a Federation ship.

No, I'm upset it's another federation ship, making six tier 6 ships for the Feds, and only two for both the Klingons and Romulans. As for being upset about the repeat on iconic ships, I just followed the simple advice of "If it sounds to good to be true..." Thus I have yet to spend a dime on said upgrades. No, my problem is like I said, Cryptic releasing a new tier of ships, and not having at least one type of each starship class, for each faction, at launch. This is compounded, in ther continual release of science vessels for one faction only, which now has three science vessel starships, when the other two factions still have none.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wayofdera wrote: »
    No, I'm upset it's another federation ship, making six tier 6 ships for the Feds, and only two for both the Klingons and Romulans. As for being upset about the repeat on iconic ships, I just followed the simple advice of "If it sounds to good to be true..." Thus I have yet to spend a dime on said upgrades. No, my problem is like I said, Cryptic releasing a new tier of ships, and not having at least one type of each starship class, for each faction, at launch. This is compounded, in ther continual release of science vessels for one faction only, which now has three science vessel starships, when the other two factions still have none.

Yes didn't you know the war is over so there is no reason for us to complain about what they get!

That it you bekks make him smile... bigger, bigger, okay use the disruptor pistol instead of the pain stick this time. Okay there you go see now we are all happy that its just fed stuff coming out. Atleast there is hope for Cryptic since they did you know what recently.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Very nice work on the Voyager interior!!!! It's beautiful!
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    ZOMG...

So let me get this straight...

You're now selling a T6 variant of an existing ship. So you're basically selling the same ship YET AGAIN, just with better stats...

What's the point of upgrading the T5 version to T5U then...?

How can we be sure you won't do the same thing with other ships? Why should we spend money to upgrade our ships to terribly overpriced T5U if we could get a proper T6 sometime in the future?

Also, yet again FEDs are being favored... Now they've got SIX unique T6 vessels, all with their own useful Starship Mastery Traits, while the KDF and ROM only get TWO ships with only somewhat useful/useless Traits. Not to mention, these factions are still to get a proper Science Vessel whereas the FEDs got three T6 already...

And something tells me we're not going to see another KDF/ROM T6 ship for a long time...

I'm really starting to hate the business model and P2W route STO has taken recently...

Yup, making my decision not to buy 4 FM's and an upgrade token a solid choice.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Another question, for those who have gotten the T6 ship, is it worth it or will an upgraded Fleet Intrepid be a better ship?

Thanks!

I think it is, however, given I have to re-gain all my mastery levels (despite having all 4 on my T5-U version) it's difficult to be thoroughly analytical at the mo. However, the fear of on 2 tactical consoles is nothing to be feared IMHO. I'm not pumping out the damage I did in the T5-U, but nor has it dropped significantly.

The secondary deflector will give you a damage over time radiation effect which is handy with certain science bridge officer abilities. And the possibility to launch the aeroshuttle to increase your DPS may appeal to some. I've personally taken this console out and have a photonic capacitor in its place given I role play with a photonics bridge officer. I also find the photonic fleet a damn good back up team still

;)

However, the best thing is the voyager interior. You can choose either the pre-delta quadrant look or post delta quadrant look. The difference is the latter (2410 look) gets an astrometrics lab, borg alcoves in the cargo bay and a galley in the mess. I like this look...

But the best bit for me is the captains quarters. Not only are they fantastic in design, but the soothing music playing is perfect to relax with and have a roleplaying moment my fellow captains. The proportional sizing is much nicer too...thank god.

Basically, if you liked Voyager and the ship in the show, go buy the Pathfinder with bridge and interior pack for 3500 zen if you can.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to the Pioneer...
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The new Pathfinder is so lovely.

*sigh*

Pity, as I won't give Cryptic any more money till the two toxic employees are shown the door. Who knows... maybe this ship will still be relevant at that point.