test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reflection on elitism, exploiting and DPS Leagues

Comments

• sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, seeing how so many people like to down the Gal-x, there is your lemon, now build me a 30k-50k monster out of it plz!
    And, I along with many people, do not give a TRIBBLE about building a dps monster!

I can build one, heck I can even perfectly understand the game mechanics but, do I really give a TRIBBLE? NO

I don't want nor, do I need advise from dps channels nor, do I even care that they exist and, guess what? I am not alone!

Say what? I'm confused.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I goofed on the ship selected, sue me lol! :D (being sarcastic, by just picking something off the top of my head)

Maybe I should have said a 30k hegh'ta heavy bird of prey!

How long do you want it to do 30k DPS for? If it is for about one CRF cycle, I could name a frakking tonne of players who could do that.

And, I along with many people, do not give a TRIBBLE about building a dps monster!

I can build one, heck I can even perfectly understand the game mechanics but, do I really give a TRIBBLE? NO

I don't want nor, do I need advise from dps channels nor, do I even care that they exist and, guess what? I am not alone!

So why are you constantly having a go at STO's DPS players? Every thread made by them has you turn up and trying to get a rise out of them.
  • rogerthomsonrogerthomson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    First you say

Well, seeing how so many people like to down the Gal-x, there is your lemon, now build me a 30k-50k monster out of it plz!

Then you say
    I goofed on the ship selected, sue me lol! :D (being sarcastic, by just picking something off the top of my head)

Maybe I should have said a 30k hegh'ta heavy bird of prey!

If you understand the game mechanics so perfectly why are you asking someone else to build you a DPS ship then?

You are full of contradictions.

But if your standpoint is you don't care about DPS, what is then the purpose of all the comments you make in this topic? Live and let live, every one it's own play style, I would advise. No one should dictate someone else how to play. And when teaming up people mostly together agree how to play.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alaerick wrote: »
    Is the combatlog.log generated by the program or something created by the STO.exe?

I love this topic and had no real idea about your group. I seem to have above average dps but never actually had any idea how to parse it, etc. I look forward to seeing how I can improve my abilities. I am running one fleet defiant T5U with a few fleet MKXII gear. No actual item upgrades as I find the system too grindy and costly for me at present. I have 7 characters, half of them fly the tactical style Vesta (since using the T5U upgrade on it didn't unlock the others).

Anyway great post thanks.

To answer your ?, when you first type in game chat /combatlog 1 to initiate, than /combatlog 0 to stop the log, it will create a log file located in your STO game file. (you might have to do some digging to find it but, it will be there)

This is the file the parser requires.

I hope this helps some!
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Say what? I'm confused.

To lessen the confusion, the first post was being sarcastic, the second was not!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited October 2014
    To answer your ?, when you first type in game chat /combatlog 1 to initiate, than /combatlog 0 to stop the log, it will create a log file located in your STO game file. (you might have to do some digging to find it but, it will be there)

I hope this helps some!

To lessen the confusion, the first post was being sarcastic, the second was not!

You call it sarcastic, I see someone twisting his own words.
    edited October 2014
    First you say

Then you say

You are full of contradictions.

But if your standpoint is you don't care about DPS, what is then the purpose of all the comments you make in this topic? Live and let live, every one it's own play style, I would advise. No one should dictate someone else how to play. And when teaming up people mostly together agree how to play.

First, read post below yours!

As for contradictions, you must be confused!

I explained I know how the game works perfectly, in fact every aspect of it but, do I care to use them for dps bragging? NO

Do I use it to demolish enemies within mere seconds, so that my mission time is 1/10 of what is available? NO

Do I go around acting like people who do not care or, do not have boat loads of dps are beneath me? NO

If anyone can be considered contradicting, it would be this thread and its supporters!

edited October 2014
    First, read post below yours!

As for contradictions, you must be confused!

I explained I know how the game works perfectly, in fact every aspect of it but, do I care to use them for dps bragging? NO

Do I use it to demolish enemies within mere seconds, so that my mission time is 1/10 of what is available? NO

Do I go around acting like people who do not care or, do not have boat loads of dps are beneath me? NO

If anyone can be considered contradicting, it would be this thread and its supporters!

Actually, you've demonstrated countless times that you do not know how the game works, let alone "perfectly".
    edited October 2014
    You call it sarcastic, I see someone twisting his own words.

Believe what you like or, remain clueless I don't care personally!

Sarcasm is sarcasm and, if you cannot tell the difference, than I cannot help you!

I admitted I goofed on my ship choice, after all I just pulled it out of thin air so to speak.

The galaxy retro, is what I was supposed to be referring to I guess, seeing how I don't have nor, use any of those ships anyways. (just not my personal preference of ship, not that I don't like the looks of it or, that other's like using it)

edited October 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Actually, you've demonstrated countless times that you do not know how the game works, let alone "perfectly".

Hey, no one is 100% perfect so, your point is?

I have yet to see you 100% spot on everything yourself!

The only thing you seem to be pretty consistent on is, brown nosing your friends threads, arguing with poster's who do not agree and, derailing the subject at the same time!

Heck, you are just as guilty at causing damage as anyone else is, to the very threads you are trying to defend!

Guess your friend's should appreciate that huh?

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Anyway (and this is NOT directed at the quoted poster) - the sad fact is, for all the rage against Cryptic flying around - some of this problem is player-made and, whilst they would likely never admit it, the Elitists should add themselves to the reasons that the queues are not as busy as they were. Because honestly? I don't want to join a PuG where I am either told, or made to feel that, I am of no use.

I dont get bothered that much once recently I did because a player thought gravity well crowd control was not needed when it was (it was a low dps group and so the crowd control was the only thing keeping everyone alive while they chipped away at the mob.. however I tend to use reverse psychology and if they critisice i immediately stop using whatever skill it is and watch them all die which gives me a chuckle again I have only had this happen to me once on a science officer who is actually pretty high in dps)

However whenever I see ranting I am very quick with the ignore button. I dont say a word I just slap em on ignore. The person who was convinced that gravity well was not helping was polite so I accomodated him and stopped using it and seconds later everyone was dying pretty much all at once. At which point he said "hrm i guess it was helping" lol so he was not being that bad he just didnt realize.

To be honest though I dont want people who are busy making the play experience miserable with their comments about how this sucks or whatever and complaining. Really just stay out of the q's and do premade groups if your that picky. The bulk of players want to play the game and not have that exprience ruined by people who think more of themselves then the people they are playing with. Its unpleasant and in my case just makes me roll my eyes and hit the ignore button.
  • alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I hope this helps some!

Ah ok.. I kinda figured but am still downloading the patch so couldn't test it. I was digging around in my STO directory and couldn't find anything. Thanks :)
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
    edited October 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    I dont get bothered that much once recently I did because a player thought gravity well crowd control was not needed when it was (it was a low dps group and so the crowd control was the only thing keeping everyone alive while they chipped away at the mob.. however I tend to use reverse psychology and if they critisice i immediately stop using whatever skill it is and watch them all die which gives me a chuckle again I have only had this happen to me once on a science officer who is actually pretty high in dps)

However whenever I see ranting I am very quick with the ignore button. I dont say a word I just slap em on ignore. The person who was convinced that gravity well was not helping was polite so I accomodated him and stopped using it and seconds later everyone was dying pretty much all at once. At which point he said "hrm i guess it was helping" lol so he was not being that bad he just didnt realize.

To be honest though I dont want people who are busy making the play experience miserable with their comments about how this sucks or whatever and complaining. Really just stay out of the q's and do premade groups if your that picky. The bulk of players want to play the game and not have that exprience ruined by people who think more of themselves then the people they are playing with. Its unpleasant and in my case just makes me roll my eyes and hit the ignore button.

Lol, you wouldn't get any complaint out of me for using GW.

However, you would get a complaint out of me for, using TBR to knock enemies out of a GW!

I have seen this kind of work done often enough, I get that TBR is useful for many things but, it isn't so useful when you.

1: Keep pushing the enemies out of range of your teams fire
    2: Push them out of any type of CC already doing its job effectively
    3: Pushing them closer, to the very object you are trying to protect or, keep them from reaching in the first place

edited October 2014
    alaerick wrote: »
    Ah ok.. I kinda figured but am still downloading the patch so couldn't test it. I was digging around in my STO directory and couldn't find anything. Thanks :)

Be sure when you activate the log with /combatlog 1, to give it a few mins roughly to gather some data, than you can stop it with /combatlog 0.

The file should than make itself available in the game client files, like I said might have to dig for it.

example for mine is: C:program files folder, than perfect world entertainment folder, than star trek online_en folder, than startek online folder, than live folder, than logs folder, than game client folder, than combatlog.log text document. Whewww :rolleyes: heck even got a file for saved combatlogs, good grief.

Of course it helps, when you know the exact path to use.

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient\Combatlog.Log

edited October 2014
    Lol, you wouldn't get any complaint out of me for using GW.

However, you would get a complaint out of me for, using TBR to knock enemies out of a GW!

I have seen this kind of work done often enough, I get that TBR is useful for many things but, it isn't so useful when you.

1: Keep pushing the enemies out of range of your teams fire
    2: Push them out of any type of CC already doing its job effectively
    3: Pushing them closer, to the very object you are trying to protect or, keep them from reaching in the first place

TBR is perfect for pushing ships back into GW I use it often while circling a GW with it. Kills fast.
    edited October 2014
    Hey, no one is 100% perfect so, your point is?

I have yet to see you 100% spot on everything yourself!

The only thing you seem to be pretty consistent on is, brown nosing your friends threads, arguing with poster's who do not agree and, derailing the subject at the same time!

Heck, you are just as guilty at causing damage as anyone else is, to the very threads you are trying to defend!

Guess your friend's should appreciate that huh?

According to your own faith at least one person was, and you are supposed to emulate him as part of walking out that faith.

And when I'm wrong, I learn from it. You constantly post debunked TRIBBLE, and when you are proved wrong you just ignore it and carry on going "la la la, not listening".

Brown nosing - nope. I just appreciate and understand what it is these guys do, one Elite videogame player to another - My specialty is racing games, where I am generally top 400 players in the world at my very best*, top 1% on a good day, top 5% on a bad day.

Arguing - coming from someone who has previously admitted to posting in these types of threads to troll.

Damaging - not really. Anyone who wants to care about DPS/DPS channels already does, and the rest are somewhere between uninterested and actively trying to grief DPSers for being good at STO. Except for newbies, and if they want help they will ask, it is the nature of being new.

If they wanted me to stop, they would ask.

* Not bragging - it is a horrible feeling knowing you are so close and yet so far from the best, especially when you hit a mental wall and are unable to improve no matter how many laps you put in... :(
    edited October 2014
    Believe what you like or, remain clueless I don't care personally!

Sarcasm is sarcasm and, if you cannot tell the difference, than I cannot help you!

I admitted I goofed on my ship choice, after all I just pulled it out of thin air so to speak.

The galaxy retro, is what I was supposed to be referring to I guess, seeing how I don't have nor, use any of those ships anyways. (just not my personal preference of ship, not that I don't like the looks of it or, that other's like using it)

So you spoil forums with sarcasm. Are you proud of that kind of behaviour?
    edited October 2014
    TBR is perfect for pushing ships back into GW I use it often while circling a GW with it. Kills fast.

If used in such a way by an experienced player, than yes!

But, I have seen all too many times, where they push them out of the epicenter, as in wayyy out of even the slightest pull from the GW!

Same goes for TR, some smuck deems dragging them out of it is a necessity for the team!

Seen this wayyyy too often.

edited October 2014
    According to your own faith at least one person was, and you are supposed to emulate him as part of walking out that faith.

And when I'm wrong, I learn from it. You constantly post debunked TRIBBLE, and when you are proved wrong you just ignore it and carry on going "la la la, not listening".

Brown nosing - nope. I just appreciate and understand what it is these guys do, one Elite videogame player to another - My specialty is racing games, where I am generally top 400 players in the world at my very best*, top 1% on a good day, top 5% on a bad day.

Arguing - coming from someone who has previously admitted to posting in these types of threads to troll.

Damaging - not really. Anyone who wants to care about DPS/DPS channels already does, and the rest are somewhere between uninterested and actively trying to grief DPSers for being good at STO. Except for newbies, and if they want help they will ask, it is the nature of being new.

If they wanted me to stop, they would ask.

* Not bragging - it is a horrible feeling knowing you are so close and yet so far from the best, especially when you hit a mental wall and are unable to improve no matter how many laps you put in... :(

Well he wasn't just a person and, he has a damn good reason to walk out as you so put it, because we have humans like you to thank for his demise.

And as for debunked TRIBBLE, I don't see too much of what I say debunked so, not sure where you come off with those statistics!

And again, your derailing your friend's thread are you not?

But, don't let me stop you from ding so!

edited October 2014
    Well he wasn't just a person and, he has a damn good reason to walk out as you so put it, because we have humans like you to thank for his demise.

And as for debunked TRIBBLE, I don't see too much of what I say debunked so, not sure where you come off with those statistics!

And again, your derailing your friend's thread are you not?

But, don't let me stop you from ding so!

And humans like you too. Let he who is without sin... (And you didn't actually read or understand what I wrote, as usual)

Do you really want me to go and drag them up?

Coming from a known troll of them. Yes, I go off topic, but I don't troll.

Sure, its a free universe.
    edited October 2014
    And humans like you too. Let he who is without sin... (And you didn't actually read or understand what I wrote, as usual)

Do you really want me to go and drag them up?

Coming from a known troll of them. Yes, I go off topic, but I don't troll.

Sure, its a free universe.

Don't let me stop you from doing what you want, go right ahead!

knock your socks off, after all it's your time being wasted, not mine!

And, yes even I could be deemed an unworthy sinner but, at least I acknowledge my faults, same cannot be said for you.

• ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    actually I dont really see how he is super far off-topic.
    This whole thread is about talking these kinda things over:

I think i responended to that basically in the very first post:
    these videos may be used as a guideline, along with our guide videos where we explain how and why these builds work. But they do at no point force you to play anything like this. This is a suggestion and a practical display of how things can (!) be played, but not neccessarily have to be played. Therefore no one needs to feel vilified.

We don't force anyone to play the way we do.
    If you decide that what we do is all wrong and against you playstyle thats fine, but please realize that we can not be forced to play with

I am perfectly alright with your opinion. Are you willing to do the same with mine?
    If you don't care, then please. Don't.. by all means, don't go out of your way.
    I just dont understand why it took us 5 pages to agree that you don't care.

I just wanted to start this whole thing because I am tired of the same posts in all the threads, where the "DPS" phrase is being used. Because we (as in the Admins of the DPS Channels, we dont run personality checks on all the channelmembers like some fleets do :)) never insulted someone that they were a bad person for playing differently then what we depict in some of those Videos.

Thanks to cbrjwrr for keeping working on it though.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If used in such a way by an experienced player, than yes!

But, I have seen all too many times, where they push them out of the epicenter, as in wayyy out of even the slightest pull from the GW!

Same goes for TR, some smuck deems dragging them out of it is a necessity for the team!

Seen this wayyyy too often.
    Confirmed.
    edited October 2014
    ezriryan wrote: »

I think i responended to that basically in the very first post:

I am perfectly alright with your opinion. Are you willing to do the same with mine?
    If you don't care, then please. Don't.. by all means, don't get out of your way.
    I just dont understand why it took us 5 pages to agree that you don't care.

I just wanted to start this whole thing because I am tired of the same posts in all the threads, where the "DPS" phrase is being used. Because we (as in the Admins of the DPS Channels, we dont run personality checks on all the channelmembers like some fleets do :)) never insulted someone that they were a bad person for playing differently then what we depict in some of those Videos.

I have already stated more than once, that it's nice that you all are willing to offer advise, heck even offer up top notch dps builds but, what your friends seem to do, is completely come off as snide snobbish nose thumbers when people don't care about what it is you all have to offer or, do not agree with your views of how the game should be played or, needs be played to be fun and efficient.

Than to see threads pop up, with remarks that seem to come off as putting down those people, and bragging that you all are better than the rest, it is no wonder you get the hate from them.

heck, I got some of them constantly arguing with me, on a regular basis just for putting in my own personal 2cents on these threads so, in retrospect you are only fueling your own hate fires by doing so with myself and other's.

You guy come off, as posting what appears to be a double standard, while also displaying a two sided social interaction with people who post in these threads.

I am sure there are nice people belonging to your bunch and, I am sure there are those who do not need go about bragging they belong to this limited group or, that they far exceed the average player's death dealing in this game but, you also have a few who act virtually the complete opposite and, those are the one's who hurt you all the more.

I play the game to have fun, to make it seem more trek combat to me.

I balance my own builds, so that they try to not completely obliterate things with utter ease, it makes for a challenge I enjoy, just enough dps to be useful but, not so much to be deemed overboard.

If I seem to overboard, than it is either time to dumb it down some more or, back off and let other's have the fun, after all I am not out to ruin someone else's fun if I can help it.

Heck I even ruin my own parses, just so some of what you all deemed the useless category of player's, can get some action, make them feel like they are doing the hard work, give them some satisfaction, heck I might even be dealing with some RP types, that prefer to act like they are actually in a RP scenario, much like in the TV series/movies so, I give them some play space.

Some of the threads/post you guys have put up is good stuff, than you guys have other's that completely kills what good stuff you did do, with harsh comments towards other's play styles/preferences.

Remember there is an old saying "That you can do right for many years but, the one time you do wrong, you will always be remembered for the wrong and, reminded more often of it than for all those years of right."

• opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Amongst the top tier DPSers i am really the oddball of the bunch. Not only do i mainly play with my Fed toon (ie: not a scimitar), i also switch between different ships just for fun.

No one has ever rebuked or demeaned me for how i play... except for Mal, he hit me with about 30k FPS (Fagots per Second). Joking :D

The worst thing i've ever heard from those a2b FAW scimitards was the backhanded compliment: "You do amazing things with non-optimal ships".

TL DR: no one really cares how or why you play as long as you aren't hurting the team.

Hey sarcasm, can I have some FED builds for ships?

I.e. your Narcine, and if you can, one for a Benthan Assault Cruiser.

I caved and started playing my scimitar again, but I realized I don't find Tokyo Drift in a starship enjoyable. :D

So far I've only been able to crack 30k in a Fed, any advice?
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How ironic that Dps league players are all being lumped together as bad because of a few bad apples such as myself.

Yet when all scrubs get lumped together as bad... the special snowflakes (hypocrites) show up in droves to decry being called a scrub.

It's truly funny. Keep up the hypocrisy though it's quite amusing. I mean, if one elitist can justify labelling all Dps league players as elitist making the entire group look bad...then one scrub can also justify labelling all scrubs as baddies.

See how that works?
    edited October 2014
    Don't let me stop you from doing what you want, go right ahead!

knock your socks off, after all it's your time being wasted, not mine!

Well, for a start, one only needs to review this thread to see your standard operating procedure is to ignore what people actually post and go after what you think (or perhaps wish) they posted.

Second, also seen here, when someone points out where you are wrong you just ignore it. For example, your constant claiming 15-20k is some sort of impossible target that only specific ships built specific ways could do it, when in fact every T5 in STO can do that.

Lastly, all someone needs do is search for you on the subject of A2B.

And, yes even I could be deemed an unworthy sinner but, at least I acknowledge my faults, same cannot be said for you.

That screams total arrogance, along with demonstrating a clear head in sand moment. "And, yes even I" wrote as if you are some sort of example of virtue.

And I do acknowledge my faults. I just ensure I need to as little as possible.

ezriryan wrote: »

No worries. I don't mind people who don't want to do DPS, hell, I mostly run 10k or so on a character* who could easily double to triple it if I could be bothered to put in even the slightest bit of effort - The problem is STO PvE is now designed purely around it, so I don't want to anymore...

I wouldn't mind if it was actually more difficult - Give NPCs an overhaul and decent scripting and we could make them outperform over 90% of players in their own builds - but instead we just get stacks of Hit points as if it is anything more than tedious.

And you could STILL do it in a T1 or T2 if it wasn't for the timer! That is the daft bit, it isn't any more difficult, it is just more tedious and takes longer...

* Its silly isn't it, doing that little.
    edited October 2014
    Well, for a start, one only needs to review this thread to see your standard operating procedure is to ignore what people actually post and go after what you think (or perhaps wish) they posted.

Second, also seen here, when someone points out where you are wrong you just ignore it. For example, your constant claiming 15-20k is some sort of impossible target that only specific ships built specific ways could do it, when in fact every T5 in STO can do that.

Lastly, all someone needs do is search for you on the subject of A2B.

That screams total arrogance, along with demonstrating a clear head in sand moment. "And, yes even I" wrote as if you are some sort of example of virtue.

And I do acknowledge my faults. I just ensure I need to as little as possible.

No worries. I don't mind people who don't want to do DPS, hell, I mostly run 10k or so on a character* who could easily double to triple it if I could be bothered to put in even the slightest bit of effort - The problem is STO PvE is now designed purely around it, so I don't want to anymore...

I wouldn't mind if it was actually more difficult - Give NPCs an overhaul and decent scripting and we could make them outperform over 90% of players in their own builds - but instead we just get stacks of Hit points as if it is anything more than tedious.

And you could STILL do it in a T1 or T2 if it wasn't for the timer! That is the daft bit, it isn't any more difficult, it is just more tedious and takes longer...

* Its silly isn't it, doing that little.

Funny, I do believe this is the first time, I have ever seen you admit a fault, otherwise it is utter bragging, arrogance, with the occasional advise to fill in some of the rest.

And, I never said 15-20k is some impossible number to accomplish nor, did I state that no tier5 ship couldn't accomplish this task.

What was stated, was that not every single build and, not every single piece of gear possibly obtained on those builds will net you that easy 15k-20k nor, will every single useable boff skill and, same goes for every single doff able to be used.

My information is not incorrect, in stating that it takes a fairly narrow list of overall useable skills/gear/etc. to hit that mark without effort and, even narrower when going to the great beyond of the 50-80k ranges.

As for my old post about aux2batt, that has no relevance with this thread nor, even our argument.

I made my point of view clear about that subject regarding the skill w/doffs, to try and bring it up now, shows you have little kindle for your fire to burn with so, instead you are settling for straw.

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    Hey sarcasm, can I have some FED builds for ships?

I.e. your Narcine, and if you can, one for a Benthan Assault Cruiser.

I caved and started playing my scimitar again, but I realized I don't find Tokyo Drift in a starship enjoyable. :D

So far I've only been able to crack 30k in a Fed, any advice?

my Narcine build is here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1267031

my Benthan is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un1jS1N5ixY

...and i would need to know more about your skills, traits, builds, flight style before i could giveyou any advice.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How ironic that Dps league players are all being lumped together as bad because of a few bad apples such as myself.

Yet when all scrubs get lumped together as bad... the special snowflakes (hypocrites) show up in droves to decry being called a scrub.

It's truly funny. Keep up the hypocrisy though it's quite amusing. I mean, if one elitist can justify labelling all Dps league players as elitist making the entire group look bad...then one scrub can also justify labelling all scrubs as baddies.

See how that works?

I have joined many cap'n hold matches in progress only to see 4 or 5 DPS channel scimitars spawn camping helpless pugs trying to farm dailys, it is a bad group. They have to do that because they min max so much their scims can't survive in pvp when not camping. I try to talk to some and they make excuses like the game is so easy and boring now so nothing to do.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I have joined many cap'n hold matches in progress only to see 4 or 5 DPS channel scimitars spawn camping helpless pugs trying to farm dailys, it is a bad group. They have to do that because they min max so much their scims can't survive in pvp when not camping. I try to talk to some and they make excuses like the game is so easy and boring now so nothing to do.

Why should a team in PVP do something that does not make them survive? I thought survival better then the other team was the goal in PVP, so you adapt the team strategy to do so. Camping is possible because Cryptic designed PvP to allow it.
This discussion has been closed.