Options

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ^^ Hehe; so true! :)

I believe the paid-response actually is "We removed X because it was no longer up to our standards." ROFL
    Or something related with some "metrics" conveniently showing there was something wrong with some ratio like Xp/minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kamjathae wrote: »
    Yes i give you right. The best thing is since Tholian came out they had never touch these patrol missions, just right now!!! And i dont wonder for nothing more with Perfect World what they will be nerf or disable in future :mad:

Maybe we are in the minority in our opinions? Maybe not? I have watched this thread go from 8 to 15 pages in less than an hour. Minority maybe or maybe not TBD Me thinks!!
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    It's far more likely that folks will Just Stop Playing.

I think that Cryptic has finally found Their way to create Their own N.G.E.

It's not surprising to me that They have announced a Dilithium Bonus Weekend and a Lobi Give-a-way for this weekend.

They are trying to stem the exodus of Their player numbers from this past week.

<shrug>.

I typically dont buy into this sort of conspiracy theory DOOM stuff. But this is looking pretty sound.

Ive come back to this game every time they have a major release or theres an Event. And theres always a strong presence of Players. This time. Not as much. And earlier while getting into a Borg Normal STF for the Marks. I noticed absolutely no one running Elite.

I wouldnt be surprised DR was a flop in comparison to LoR. Voiceovers aside this has been a miserable experience in every meaninful way.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Heh.. They sent out the Big Boy already.

The CEO announced the Dilithium Bonus Weekend and Lobi Give-a-way today.

:cool:

That was just d'angelo. The CEO is jack emmert.
  • Options
    coraleccoralec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I see craptic, you immediately "fix" the game when people are not grinding the way you want them to, but the game-breaking bugs, crashes, outright broken or missing content you just sit on your behinds. My wallet is sealed from you guys now until I see that you guys actually appreciate your player-base as much as your PWE Chinese overlords.

Oh and just to let you know, my whole fleet has stopped playing the game for now because they have no content left to play. They now don't have anything to grind for new gear/levels because you guys just try to limit how much they can get and demand money. Great work, DR may be the death of this game after all.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zztoppers wrote: »
    Maybe we are in the minority in our opinions? Maybe not? I have watched this thread go from 8 to 15 pages in less than an hour. Minority maybe or maybe not TBD Me thinks!!

This thread is nothing compared to the blood-boiling that's going on in-game, I guarantee you.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I typically dont buy into this sort of conspiracy theory DOOM stuff. But this is looking pretty sound.

Ive come back to this game every time they have a major release or theres an Event. And theres always a strong presence of Players. This time. Not as much. And earlier while getting into a Borg Normal STF for the Marks. I noticed absolutely no one running Elite.

I wouldnt be surprised DR was a flop in comparison to LoR. Voiceovers aside this has been a miserable experience in every meaninful way.

This is the best way to describe DR I have seen yet. Ditto to you and your wise words my friend!!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    (Meanwhile - two of those are now at level 52 without having sailed anywhere in their ships at all - just from DOFF assignment rewards over the last week.)

The funny thing is, for the most of my 'toons, the sheer monotonous grind has forced me to do just that! Delta Rising is NOT very alt-friendly, to be sure...
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    This thread is nothing compared to the blood-boiling that's going on in-game, I guarantee you.

Only in Tau Dewa. Go anywhere else and y'know what? They don't care. ESD isn't talking about it, Delta Command isn't talking about it, Delta QUADRANT isn't talking about it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Only in Tau Dewa. Go anywhere else and y'know what? They don't care. ESD isn't talking about it, Delta Command isn't talking about it, Delta QUADRANT isn't talking about it.

People aren't talking about it because they are not playing because its all broken. You cannot talk if you are not playing and hoping things get fixed!!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    coralec wrote: »
    I see craptic, you immediately "fix" the game when people are not grinding the way you want them to, but the game-breaking bugs, crashes, outright broken or missing content you just sit on your behinds.

The horrendeously broken loadout system leaps to mind. Imagine a world in which the Devs rush out, en masse, to put it 'under quarantine' and do emergency fixing on it! LOL. Yeah, I know, never gonna happen. But, as day dreams go, not the worst one. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The horrendeously broken loadout system leaps to mind. Imagine a world in which the Devs rush out, en masse, to put it 'under quarantine' and do emergency fixing on it! LOL. Yeah, I know, never gonna happen. But, as day dreams go, not the worst one. :P

with hammers! and they have their own little DYI jackets and stuff n'awww how cute xD
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GUYS LETS KEEP PANICKING BEFORE THEY TELL US WHAT THEY DID TO TAU DEWA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow seriously? That just confirms every last ill thought I have had about cryptic since DRs release. /doublefacepalm
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Upper management revamps strikes again at the player fun to grind at Tau Dewa Sector Block. They should of left that sector alone. For months they never did anything there. Nimbus III will be next you won't be able to attack Giant Scorpion, Adult Worm, Slave Masters, the Gorn in the death valley if your level 50 on your off days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    zztoppers wrote: »
    People aren't talking about it because they are not playing because its all broken. You cannot talk if you are not playing and hoping things get fixed!!

This.

There were some people in fleet that saw it didn't work, and were like "TRIBBLE the Delta TRIBBLE. I'll see you guys tomorrow maybe." :D
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Y'know, what if we all just gave the devs a nice little feedback of our own. Obviously it wouldn't work, but would certainly be interesting to see the devs' reaction to a sizeable chunk of players not logging in for a day.

Here is the only feedback I feel like giving on this particular boneheaded move:
    http://youtu.be/xvPvUC9aok0

don't click the link if you're easily offended. I never thought I'd use that link, but this did it.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

ummm... no one uses zone chat except dweebs. join an actual channel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The mistake was the ridiculous change to the stfs. I'm happy with everything else and really enjoying myself. They just need to fix the advanced - 50% reduction in HP and 700 something dil. That's my offer.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited October 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Upper management revamps strikes again at the player fun to grind at Tau Dewa Sector Block. They should of left that sector alone. For months they never did anything there. Nimbus III will be next you won't be able to attack Giant Scorpion, Adult Worm, Slave Masters, the Gorn in the death valley if your level 50 on your off days.

There goes the entire Foundry setup as well. That is if there is any XP left there as well. Would it not have been a simple thing to just make it so you don't level on anything but DR content. That way there is no imbalance as far as XP goes. It takes a genius to break it and a high school drop out to fix it. Makes no sense!!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    alaerick wrote: »
    Wow seriously? That just confirms every last ill thought I have had about cryptic since DRs release. /doublefacepalm

double? ouch..

eh with what they're probably going to tell us if at all... you might as well facepalm again just incase. ive already done it once everyday since release :|
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I bet you the devs won't say anything about this if it is an XP nerf. They'll go on and never acknowledge it while the forum burns in a wild fire.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »
    Here is the only feedback I feel like giving on this particular boneheaded move:
    http://youtu.be/xvPvUC9aok0

don't click the link if you're easily offended. I never thought I'd use that link, but this did it.

Hahaha Ive heard this.

and yeah this is definitely appropriate at this point in time.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NVM. Wrong topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maybe it was a bit OP, maybe it was a bit broken. Either way I was actually having fun for the first time since DR release.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014

And I'm not really a Doom-sayer, this is just my opinion as to what I've also observed in game.

They can't change a major aspect of the game play (massive HP additions) in a 24 hour period, and not expect the casual player to just not log-in after one or two hours of Exceedingly Frustrating play.

They tossed this into the game with very little notice, and a large majority of the player-base that doesn't read the Forum, doesn't read the Blogs and probably doesn't even know what Tribble is for have reacted in a manner that Cryptic didn't truly expect.

They Stopped Playing.

I don't care what They say... what I've observed in-game the last few days says otherwise.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Between lack of exp, decent drops in DR and, the hammering STFs got.

Players will try to find ways to get what they want. Now, personally, I think the problem was the rate the VR tech and research boosts were dropping.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hahaha Ive heard this.

and yeah this is definitely appropriate at this point in time.

I hate to say it but thats the kind of link that brings out the ban hammer! 2-1 this thread gets locked before page 21
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nomnom copypasta

pulserazor wrote: »
    Has anyone said that it was being removed because it was an exploit, or that they didnt want us using these patrol missions the way we are?

- No.

Are there more people then ever doing system patrols?

- Yes.

Could this sudden and unanticipated increase in instances created and hosted on their servers presesnt a networking challenge that may have an undesired impact on the servers as a whole, and perhaps their ability to maintain stability in social zones likw ESD and Quonos?

- This seems most logical.

Instead of jumping up and down crying foul play, why dont you just be patient and see what comes of it, not a single one of you knows why they were taken down.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »
    nomnom copypasta

If the missions are changed, pretty much any excuse is just an excuse.