What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes they delete mirror event too, so that they may force you play the story missions - knowning they have to whip people to do it.

I guess their mentality is people only play to get items and "gameplay" is the amount of money and time they can sponge from people?

About using the same progressions as before, keeping tour, exploration etc. etc. etc. in their own words the game was doing great, so why ruin it for people it's just so pointless.

The leveling spefiically you have to remember two things.

It's not 10 levels, it's 60 levels with most of the passives belonging to them are completely useless.
    The tiers or rather the difficulty in reaching them has to be reflected in what they reward.
    Since they are straight up terrible the balance is you dont have to replay 600 story missions to get there

Second, alts.

It might not take long to play through it one character so what, if people have fun they will happily do it on another character, I somehow believed that was the aim here
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, I haven't seen a post from a Dev or GM or even a Mod in this thread saying why. Did they say why somewhere else, or is this thread simply the usual player assumption and hysteria?
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Fun police was contacted. After a lengthy investigation, they find out grinding Tau Dewa patrol was not fun. They have closed the whole system, and will soon tell us what is fun, and what is not.
    Thanks you fun police, you've saved us again !

Just make sure you shake the hand of the one weraing the Clown-Fro.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    c3141pwac3141pwa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It isn't just patrols. All normal missions inside Tau Dewa have been disabled. So if you are trying to level up a romulan, you are screwed.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Well hey, would make an intersting event for lots of players to boycott the game for a day, but as pointed out there's still a majority of the players that would log in anyway, and the devs wouldn't care.

Ah well, still an interesting thought.

You don't have to boycott the game, Just don't play the missions you find tedious.

You don't have to participate in any grind you don't want to. If enough players did this, things would change pretty fast.

Take a look at the advanced queues, no one's doin em. Everyone's on normal. Message sent.

You know, I was enjoying Elite queues before DR hit. Now I can't stand all but one of the advanced.

I gave up on this version of crafting. I'm SLOWLY upgrading at my own pace and
    I'm happily playing the game on normal.

So what if I don't have the best gear? I'm having fun.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    revelator6674revelator6674 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did they state why they brought it down? I can't seem to find anything other than this thread and the first post in particular.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    c3141pwa wrote: »
    It isn't just patrols. All normal missions inside Tau Dewa have been disabled. So if you are trying to level up a romulan, you are screwed.

What a great way to welcome new players using Romulans!

Perhaps we should nickname DR as "The No-Fun Allowed Expansion."
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LMAO Were people power-leveling in Tau Dewa?

Yes it was a better option over something like Argala.

Problem with this is. I use Japori as a means of quickly gaining Romulan Rep Marks. I now have to put that on hold because I refuse to touch down on that obnoxious Planetoid New Romulus.

The only people to blame for this is Cryptic. Had they properly beta tested and listened to the feedback. Theyd have known people in general were going to avoid grinding in the Delta Quadrant if they could do it with less hassle elsewhere.

Theyre now incringing on other aspects of the game instead of fixing what is driving people to Tau Dewa.
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did they state why they brought it down? I can't seem to find anything other than this thread and the first post in particular.

Call it centralized moaning lol :)

you only need one thread... ;)
  • Options
    revelator6674revelator6674 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Call it centralized moaning lol :)

you only need one thread... ;)

Sorry I meant any official statement on why they brought the Tau Dewa patrols down. I should've been more specific.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OK here is the Deal....

Tau Dewa was some of the content I actually LIKED!!!!

Sometimes I just feel like shooting TRIBBLE.

I like to use it to test powers/skills/builds. Like if I get a new weapon the first thing I do is head to Tau Dewa.

It only coincidentally became useful now that I need to level.

If I had to tell the truth, I hate all their STFs and most all the missions in the Que. They are poorly designed or dull or tedious or all of the above. The ones I do like I never get to play because no one ques for them.

So regardless of spec points or leveling, Im more likely to do Tau Dewa than a lot of other "content" . I personally don't like any of the Delta expansion. Combined with all the various nerfs and TRIBBLE up doffing, I have even less reason to log in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes it was a better option over something like Argala.

Problem with this is. I use Japori as a means of quickly gaining Romulan Rep Marks. I now have to put that on hold because I refuse to touch down on that obnoxious Planetoid New Romulus.

The only people to blame for this is Cryptic. Had they properly beta tested and listened to the feedback. Theyd have known people in general were going to avoid grinding in the Delta Quadrant if they could do it with less hassle elsewhere.

Theyre now incringing on other aspects of the game instead of fixing what is driving people to Tau Dewa.

at the risk of sounding melodramatic to echo what you're trying to say;

You cant kill the cancer by treating its symptoms.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Stop people from earning dilithium. Make dilithium cash-only. Add micro payments.

End of problem.

You may need to edit the F2P element slightly. Call it 'Forced to Play'.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sorry I meant any official statement on why they brought the Tau Dewa patrols down. I should've been more specific.

haha its okay i was only having a laugh anyway :P
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not surprising, but what did they expect people would do when they turn progression into a dull and tedious process that drags on for far too long?

When something is unfun, people find the most efficient way possible to get it over with so they can actually enjoy their time again.

This isn't a 'problem' that's going to magically go away as long as the current mechanics are the way they are - they're the direct cause of it.

I'm just sad Tau Dewa was the chosen popular medium(there are other places still in the game that are even more efficient). I personally enjoy running the Tau Dewa Patrols just for the fun of it(ALL of my characters primarily maxed out New Romulus Reputation because of it).

..I can only imagine the foundry missions people are cooking up for whenever that system comes back online.
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just hope they won't shut down all of the other areas of the game. I mean, pretty much every move you make in STO-land grants xp. And most of it is not related to DR!
    Please don't shut down the game, devs!!! :O
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Not surprising, but what did they expect people would do when they turn progression into a dull and tedious process that drags on for far too long?

When something is unfun, people find the most efficient way possible to get it over with so they can actually enjoy their time again.

This isn't a 'problem' that's going to magically go away as long as the current mechanics are the way they are - they're the direct cause of it.

I'm just sad Tau Dewa was the chosen popular medium(there are other places still in the game that are even more efficient). I personally enjoy running the Tau Dewa Patrols just for the fun of it(ALL of my characters primarily maxed out New Romulus Reputation because of it).

..I can only imagine the foundry missions people are cooking up for whenever that system comes back online.

The new system is like having to reach level 60 another 55 more times after you reach max level. Yes, people found a solution because the alternative would be a year of grinding like the new R&D system.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just hope they won't shut down all of the other areas of the game. I mean, pretty much every move you make in STO-land grants xp. And most of it is not related to DR!

If you look at the comments right here, you'd be expecting a party to break out if that happened.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would you want to be the developer that had to PR his way out of this one?
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not lurking for this one.

Cryptic - WTF?

Assuming benefit of the doubt for a moment, let's say there is some unacceptable side effect of the Japori grinding that had to be slammed shut before it snowballed - perhaps, as others have suggested, a dilithium break that couldn't be allowed to continue... why are you paying community managers to communicate and liaise if they are sitting silently, letting the rage boil over?

My god. Communicate! Tell us what's going on!

...Assuming, however, this really is an XP nerf because people were levelling too quickly? Well then, I've been meaning to take a break from things for a while, and maybe now is a good time to quietly exit stage left before the train runs off the Eastwood Ravine. As far as cynical, fun-crushing ****-moves go, this would be up there with the worst of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This just in: Cryptic will be quarantining all of sector space for a day since it was decided too much xp was earned. Stay tuned for further instructions and delays.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Eventually a negative thread like this one will get closed. Instead of facing the issue head on and responding to a community they USED TO LISTEN TOO. They are hoping it all just goes away! When in reality the only thing going away is $$$$. Not letting us discuss it does not fix the game when people play it! Bad is still bad and you can't make it better by ignoring the problem and then pretending like the problem does not even exist!!!

I am mad because I love this game. I am fighting for it now!!!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So instead of fixing any of the ship load of bugs that came out with DR, they fix something that wasn't broken...

Heh... They didn't FIX it...

They Took That Old Toy Away because the kids weren't playing with the New Ones.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes, exactly what DID they expect?! They want to sell their expensive ships, yesterday, rather than today, they already bumped the NPC's in missions to lv 60, and push you, every possible way, to get leveled and geared up ASAP. Except... when you actually attempt to do so! Then you are apparently going too fast. Maybe it's time someone made up their mind about what they really want!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vestereng wrote: »

Depends on how much I'm being paid. If I am working for peanuts I will tell the players that we screwed up and will be honest. What do I have left to lose? I can get a better job elsewhere.

If I'm getting paid a lot of money, I will make up any song and dance routine and give as many non-answers and non-apologies as necessary.

That is just me, though. I'm guessing Smirk actually gets paid quite a bit, well relatively speaking for the bay area.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vestereng wrote: »

Heh.. They sent out the Big Boy already.

The CEO announced the Dilithium Bonus Weekend and Lobi Give-a-way today.

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Heh.. They sent out the Big Boy already.

The CEO announced the Dilithium Bonus Weekend and Lobi Give-a-way today.

It'd take a lot less coding and developer labor hours to say, "We screwed up. Sorry, but it is our intention to railroad you into Delta Rising."
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kamjathaekamjathae Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes i give you right. The best thing is since Tholian came out they had never touch these patrol missions, just right now!!! And i dont wonder for nothing more with Perfect World what they will be nerf or disable in future :mad:
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Depends on how much I'm being paid. If I am working for peanuts I will tell the players that we screwed up and will be honest. What do I have left to lose? I can get a better job elsewhere.

If I'm getting paid a lot of money, I will make up any song and dance routine and give as many non-answers and non-apologies as necessary.

That is just me, though. I'm guessing Smirk actually gets paid quite a bit, well relatively speaking for the bay area.

^^ Hehe; so true! :)

I believe the paid-response actually is "We removed X because it was no longer up to our standards." ROFL
    3lsZz0w.jpg