test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to rocket to 60? NOT AN EXPLOIT

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    But, if not for him. This Nerf "MAY" not have happened and If it did. It could have been next week, next 2 weeks or a month from now. Just because he speed up the inevitable does not make him innocent.

I may be very drunk at the moment... but even I know this is BS.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • kitsune1977kitsune1977 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have to say that honestly a Web Weaver (the small tholian fighters that throw up web walls) in advanced should not have so many hit points it takes as long to take one down as it used to take to take down a recluse carrier. I tried Vault Ensnared and it took forever to take down even one Web Weaver and taking down a single Orb Weaver felt like trying to take down a Tarantula. It took a couple of minutes on one ship with 3 of us and I know that at least my self was in top end gear (at least for launch) of Mk XII ultra rare on most everything. We couldn't finish the mission at all because of this. We were told that the new advanced was supposed to be in line with the old elite. This is patently not the case. I would say at least 10 times harder.

Example to back up this claim: Took me 3 minutes to SOLO a borg tac cube before in an elite STF. Took 2 to 3 minutes for 3 of us to kill an ORB weaver now in advanced.

Sorry just realized it put this in the wrong thread. I am so sorry, so here is something that will make this post relevant to this thread.

Power leveling wouldn't be needed if the story content gave more than 20% of a level and didn't force you to grind 80% of a level in some cases just to continue the storyline. Not all levels were like that but most were. I quit playing A.i.o.n (Why does that get censored?) because of the grind. I don't want to have to quit STO because of a grindfest now too.
    Delta Rising: The fall of PvP.
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    I am sure most ppl here know this, but this is for those who either A: don’t have a fleet or friends who have told them this or B: are somewhat out of touch with the changes in DR and are struggling to get to 60 and/or get their ship mastery skills full asap.

If you find yourself in either category do the following:

1: Set your difficulty to ELITE. Yes, elite. Click ESC + options and set it up. Go ahead. Trust me.

2: GO to the Tau Dewa sector of space

3: Either ask your fleet for an elite Japori or Beta run, or;

3A: Req a team for either of the above in zone chat

4: Go in with a full team. Get the LOWEST TEAM MEMBER to team leader/match his skill level

(now, some will insist that setting the highest team member as leader and match his level, but I have found that by setting it to the lowest, while reaping a little less overall xp, makes for a faster run with less ship death, meaning you can complete the runs faster and more often, leading to overall MORE exp in a shorter amount of time)

5: Rinse and repeat. Watch your xp skyrocket.

Not only did I leap from 54 – 57 in a few short runs, but my ship mastery went from lvl1 to FULL in even less time (I made the mistake of not upgrading my ship until after I had started DR.)

Be sure, if you do go back to running episodes, that you change your level back to advanced. TBH there is absolutely NO reason episodes on elite unless you’ve already outfitted with MK XIII gear. The drops aren’t any better and the death rate is much higher.

ON THE TOPIC OF DROPS: I don’t know if I was on a luck run or what, but the last two runs in the Beta system nearly everything that dropped was of blue quality, with 1 purple. Good for some EC if needed. If you’re still trying to build your ROM rep up, pick up the patrol missions in the area for some marks at the end.

Have fun!

Nice work, now they close it because we didn't lvl'ed the way they wanted. I need lvl 60 on some toons for ground only. If u have 8-10 toons having to do all episodes over and over again ... Next time
    just remain silent, cryptic will most likely mess with our ways instead of fixing the bugs. That time i lose in PUGs due to bugs we ware getting it back in patrols. FIx the bugs first then close maps dear devs. U know that no good dead goes unpunished :)).
      HcmgIKI.png
    • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Tried to edit it... didn't work.

I will take the egg on the face here... it won't happen again.

Although, with all the true bugs ruining the expansion for many players, it shoudl raise a quesiton as to WHY they would focus on this and not the real issues

It has been raising questions the entire time I've been playing this particular game, which is a little more than two years now. Not since beta, but all you really have to do is read people's sig's to know there's some a lot of TRIBBLE which rolls downhill onto the players from the people running this thing all because people love the Star Trek universe.

Try this - more with the reading of the forum and less with the typing. Is this *all* your fault? Probably not. Did you bring a lot of drama and attention to a thing which we've all known about for lo these many years, that being a lack of concern for the people that play and support this game? I'd say yup.
    • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      Nice work, now they close it because we didn't lvl'ed the way they wanted. I need lvl 60 on some toons for ground only. If u have 8-10 toons having to do all episodes over and over again ... Next time
      just remain silent, cryptic will most likely mess with our ways instead of fixing the bugs. That time i lose in PUGs due to bugs we ware getting it back in patrols. FIx the bugs first then close maps dear devs. U know that no good dead goes unpunished :)).

It is and is not due to the xp gain that Tau Dewa has been closed. Had they not added a feature that allowed players to reap free dilithium upon filling their specializations it would not have been an issue. They don't care of players farm their levels.

They DO care of players do so to get free dil which, in turn, can be used to purchase zen WITHOUT paying the company one red cent.

The onus is on them, not me.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      sinn74 wrote: »
      Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Typical Klingon.... using Shakespeare to prove a point...

ah well... Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      where was ppl getting dill from i went and did the map you talked about in your OP last night i didnt see any dill rewards :(
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      swimwear off risa not fixed
      system Lord Baal is dead
      macronius wrote: »
      This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      I am sure most ppl here know this, but this is for those who either A: don’t have a fleet or friends who have told them this or B: are somewhat out of touch with the changes in DR and are struggling to get to 60 and/or get their ship mastery skills full asap.

Ccongratulations on ruining this for everyone. :cool:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
    • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      neoakiraii wrote: »
      Let me tell you a story

A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."

My favorite thing in voyager EVER! Chakotay is my Hero
      tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      your avatar is a vulcan trollface
    • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      maxdred wrote: »
      your avatar is a vulcan trollface

i was think more vulcan joker :D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      swimwear off risa not fixed
      system Lord Baal is dead
      macronius wrote: »
      This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
      edited October 2014
      Ccongratulations on ruining this for everyone. :cool:

I thank him for doing that otherwise I would be still struggling to level my main.

The nerf was other people's decision and I think they are to blame .
      "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
      I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
    • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      I'm being flippant?

Dude, all in all, I think I've taken the flames in good stride, don't you think?

How is your reaction to some well-deserved scorn relevant, son?

I'm far more in interested in the communities reaction to this blatantly arrogant play by Cryptic. It's way past time that you fade back into obscurity.
    • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      neoakiraii wrote: »
      Let me tell you a story

A scorpion was walking along the bank of a river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly, he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me, and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I do that, we'll both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back, and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him. As poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown, too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."

Make it more entertaining..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWUavL9XqVU
      If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
      Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
      Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
      ingame: @.Spartan
      Romulan_Republic_logo.png
      Former Alpha & Beta Tester
      Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
      The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      With Tau Dewa closed off for the time being it's good that there are other, yet unmentioned, places to go to perform the team trick.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      What is happening right now is why you keep your f***ing mouth shut and not post this sh** in public. Grow a f***ing brain ffs.
    • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      cpc2011a wrote: »
      What is happening right now is why you keep your f***ing mouth shut and not post this sh** in public. Grow a f***ing brain ffs.

Now now...

All he did was make cryptic aware of an exploit...
      Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
      Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
      Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      anazonda wrote: »
      Now now...

Unless their server gives them poor metrics, they would have figured it out eventually anyway.
      edited October 2014

You kiss your Tribble with that mouth?
      "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
      edited October 2014

Yeah, right. Because the devs have zero data on what we do in game. :rolleyes:

And you might want to wash your mouth with soap.
    • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      I will be posting a new detailed thread soon with all the great farming/grinding locations!:eek::P
      edited October 2014
      Yeah they would have seen it eventually, but why help them along?
      As for kissing my tribble with my OMG he swore mouth you're F***ing right I do. Along with my wife and five kids. And that right there is enough of a reason to use those omg horrible bad words.
    • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      anazonda wrote: »
      Now now...

making them aware is one thing, all he had to do is post the issue and what it is, how repeatable it is and if it can be, tell how to reproduce... yada yada.. however the op went to the trouble of boasting about it which suggests by that very though of reaction that wasnt as intended and probably used it as well. it clearly wasnt, the op said it wasnt an exploit and it clearly is, otherwise the devs would of ignored it, they didnt and so it is an exploit.

whatever though, i guess your point is correct. but even before this japori and beta patrol team up was closed off i knew this was coming just by the logic that it was unintended and a clear exploit that wasnt noted during tribble, but after on holo. i think its being tried the dq at the argala system as well.
      T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
      Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited October 2014

lolwhut. You realize that they already datamined the TD population and how many of which instances were spawned before this forum post right? That huge spike in TD prior to the forum post would have hit the TD instance servers hard even without detailed analytics.

Not to mention if farming TD was truly an exploit they would have locked and deleted the OP (since, you know, discussing actual exploits is against forum rules...)

The "exploit" was where you could repeatedly anchor everybody in the group any level 50 team leader and gain more XP than farming it at level 60. That's clearly not working as intended (since you're supposed to gain lower and lower XP for the same level NPC as your own level increases). There is also a potential issue where the Elite NPCs, even if they were spawning at level 60, had way lower HP than was appropriate for the XP given.
      edited October 2014
      Yeah they would have seen it eventually, but why help them along?
      As for kissing my tribble with my OMG he swore mouth you're F***ing right I do. Along with my wife and five kids. And that right there is enough of a reason to use those omg horrible bad words.

YOU HAVE FIVE KIDS?

:eek:

Gheez, your wife's uterus must be built like a machine gun!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
      edited October 2014
      As for kissing my tribble with my OMG he swore mouth you're F***ing right I do. Along with my wife and five kids.
      Your wife and five kids swear like that, too? Wow, that's ... impressive.
      "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
      --Red Annorax
      edited October 2014
      YOU HAVE FIVE KIDS?

:eek:

Gheez, your wife's uterus must be built like a machine gun!

She excelled at shooting them out, but she kept taking seriously what I was poking at her in fun. Thank goodness they look like the wife though, otherwise they'd have a rough life lol.
      edited October 2014
      She excelled at shooting them out, but she kept taking seriously what I was poking at her in fun. Thank goodness they look like the wife though, otherwise they'd have a rough life lol.

I want to sit in on a family meal at your house. You just seem like the utterest of top man. :D

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
      edited October 2014

If you find yourself in either category do the following:

1: Set your difficulty to ELITE. Yes, elite. Click ESC + options and set it up. Go ahead. Trust me.

I have to agree with this. I'm not someone who sits for hours every day and plays until the wee hours of the morning. I'm already at level 55 and I would say that, at best, I play for maybe two hours every other day since the expansion hit. Set your difficulty high.
      klingon-bridge.jpg