test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to rocket to 60? NOT AN EXPLOIT

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Like I said, it's not an exploit. There's nothing to fix.

Have fun!

youre not a dev, you cant answer that. its clearly an unintended side effect one thats a clear exploit that will probably get shut down in due course, makes too much sense to leave it in the open for anyone to brag about.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    but this has been the case for years?

remember power leveling this way before but using the exploration missions instead with a full team of 5 on elite same result or foundry grind missions
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And the fastest way to get something deemed an exploit is to post it on the forums with a title like "Want to rocket to 60? NOT AN EXPLOIT" with a detailed explanation on how to abuse it. :rolleyes:

again it seems to of been an oversight on the devs part. now someone has bragged about it as you stated for the rest.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    my comment was more like how is this news. i am actually shocked people where unaware of this
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a free to play game. If they want to continue to make money. They need to continue to produce Lock-boxes and Dilithium sinks.

The Crafting is just a reflection of the increasing amount of grindy content theyve added not because theyre about to go into maintenance mode. But because they are looking to monetize as much as possible.

Your post needed a little fixing, to be more accurate.

Edit: OP, the fact that you felt the need to say "This is not an exploit" in your topic, seems to indicate that you somewhere deep down are well aware that it is...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ah, now I understand what they meant when they said that cooperation between people would be encouraged. People are teaming up to beat the system!

:P
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was on Nimbus III planet killed over 40 creatures so doing that gives me a couple of extra skill + points and 960 in dilithum plus 480 in dilithum if you go after dealers. Attack all the Gorn, extra bonuses too.

I still stay hitting Borg Disconnect a few times in the day can bring you up faster.

FED Level 55
    ROM Level 54 - next in line
    KDF Level 55
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Your post needed a little fixing, to be more accurate.

Edit: OP, the fact that you felt the need to say "This is not an exploit" in your topic, seems to indicate that you somewhere deep down are well aware that it is...

No, actually. I am confident in my knowledge that this is not an exploit. Where is the exploitation in grouping with a team, setting the level to elite and running the patrol? Because that's exactly what's happening...

Might as well say actually setting your difficulty to elite and/or joining a team is an exploit.

The reason I added 'not an exploit' is because the 'want to rocket to 60?' sounded like an exploit title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, actually. I am confident in my knowledge that this is not an exploit. Where is the exploitation in grouping with a team, setting the level to elite and running the patrol? Because that's exactly what's happening...

Might as well say actually setting your difficulty to elite and/or joining a team is an exploit.

The reason I added 'not an exploit' is because the 'want to rocket to 60?' sounded like an exploit title.

So even though you do not think that it's an exploit, you need to make sure everyone knows it's not one?:rolleyes:
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is Cryptic's play pen. If and when they decide to shout 'you're not playing fair!' and nerf the thing as a result then they will exploit or no. They *technically* don't even need to justify it since it's written in the terms.

Thing is though, there no light at the end of this tunnel, I do feel all the power levellers/players are shooting themselves in the foot trying to get through this stuff as fast as possible.

With rewards as they are and the real possibility of little to no new content coming our way in some time, you've all the time your own tolerance allows to get through it.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Putting "NOT AN EXPLOIT" in the title makes it look suspicious....
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    As I recall, most all the FE story content wasn't released with DR and will be coming in the near future. From what I understood, there was a lot of story missions.

There are supposed to be multiple regular story updates in addition to the normal big launches like seasons and expansions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • animusredwinganimusredwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TOLD YOU SO! TOLD YOU SO!

Someone always talks...
    REDWING (fed), DOQ TEL SUVWI'S (kdf)
    FED TIER 5 KDF TIER 4 - MAX HOLDINGS
    All welcome, pm @animusrevertendi
    Join us on Teamspeak! Visit our Website!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    TOLD YOU SO! TOLD YOU SO!

Someone always talks...

What are you talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rake0321rake0321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    rake0321 wrote: »

Ya, just saw this...

You have GOT to be kidding me!! It wasn’t an exploit! WHY did they have to **** with it?!

SO WHAT if players wanted to get to 60 in order to actually play the storylines through rather than stop and grind, stop and grind?!

Random desktop crashes, broken content, broken upgrade systems and everything else making this new expansion the crapfest it is and THIS is what they choose to address?

“Ermergerd! PLaerz isn’t playin the wayz we wont them two! Nerf nerf nerf!”

That’s it…. I said before if this happened it would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Cryptic couldn’t give two sh!ts about the players or the game and just want to grind your wallets.

Done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • animusredwinganimusredwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

No what are you talking about, I told you they would nerf it.

Read the thread
    REDWING (fed), DOQ TEL SUVWI'S (kdf)
    FED TIER 5 KDF TIER 4 - MAX HOLDINGS
    All welcome, pm @animusrevertendi
    Join us on Teamspeak! Visit our Website!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdbarstowcmdbarstow Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is why you never post any thing in the forums that advise players on how to speed up grinding because the management does NOT want you to speed it up. Thanks for posting and bringing attention to this NOT!
    edited October 2014
    I bet this thread helped them notice this. Well done on the title.
  • rake0321rake0321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Personally i blame you prierin for this nerf. keep stuff like this in fleet chat. In the military its call operational security, or OPSEC. basically keep your mouth shut for the success of a mission. Because you posted a How-to. you skylined the grind to the devs, who in turn did what they just did.

Thanks =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    rake0321 wrote: »
    Personally i blame you prierin for this nerf. keep stuff like this in fleet chat. In the military its call operational security, or OPSEC. basically keep your mouth shut for the success of a mission. Because you posted a How-to. you skylined the grind to the devs, who in turn did what they just did.

Thanks =)

Again, although I can't say with 100% certainty that this thread was what sparked it I can say I have learned my lesson. I guess I am used to playing games where the devs have a shred of comon sense and actually want the players to enjoy playing the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I bet this thread helped them notice this. Well done on the title.

Tried to edit it... didn't work.

I will take the egg on the face here... it won't happen again.

Although, with all the true bugs ruining the expansion for many players, it shoudl raise a quesiton as to WHY they would focus on this and not the real issues
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Devs didn't need this thread to know what was going on, trust me. Not only is it all over Zone chat, they have direct access to the server and the server logs. (And everyone's chat logs, for that matter.)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014

"Loose lips sink ships" would be an apt way of putting it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wasn't exactly a secret.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    not a secrete and the devs SHOULD have known what was going on . but this went on for a week and the all knowing all seeing devs that monitor chat and prevent gold spammers LOL didnt decide to do an EMC take down until just after the posting here in forums . with company fanbois geek like some of the forum mods are it would not surprise me to that they didnt use the emergency bat phone to tweet a message to the great and powerful devs they ohh so wish to have the respect of.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "This is why we can't have nice things."
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Again, although I can't say with 100% certainty that this thread was what sparked it I can say I have learned my lesson. I guess I am used to playing games where the devs have a shred of comon sense and actually want the players to enjoy playing the game...
    The devs have access to special logs, and they are very carefully studied when new content is released. Those logs show where people are playing, what they are doing, how and where they die.
    It help them know what people ignore/do, and also know what is "too difficult" (IE too many deaths). Right now, the logs were probably showing a lot of people in tau dewa, and not that much in the new content. Which was a problem to them.

You have nothing to do with what happen, just like any fun TRIBBLE around that have sent message to Cryptic about people grinding tau dewa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have got to be the most ignorant human being alive. Because of YOU!!!! Cryptic Nerfed Tau Dewa. You and You alone. There is NO excuse for what you have done. How, HOW !!! Could you have been so Foolish. After you posted this thread. Cryptic went straight way and Nerfed Tau Dewa. YOU MAKE ME SICK. PATHETIC.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have got to be the most ignorant human being alive. Because of YOU!!!! Cryptic Nerfed Tau Dewa. You and You alone. There is NO excuse for what you have done. How, HOW !!! Could you have been so Foolish. After you posted this thread. Cryptic went straight way and Nerfed Tau Dewa. YOU MAKE ME SICK. PATHETIC.

I hope you forgot /sarcasm, on purpose.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif