What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks alot geko

Comments

• Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2014
    When fleet weapons came out I got them months later. I know what my priorities are. This system is meant to either take a long time investing into your character or spend a grip skipping the investment time. What's expensive to you is not to others. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from upgrading for free. If you want prices cheaper, ask for it. Complaints after the fact make you look immature and it shows you have no payed attention to the cost before purchase.

ok so wont skip over .I wait month and still pay much for 1 weapon.

How long it takes to get my ship to where it is now? 2 years? 3?
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok so if I upgrade a phased biomatter array MK XII [acc] [CrtD] [Dmg],

I will get a MK XIII back, but I don't know what 3 modifiers I will get, right? unless if fails, in which case I get my phased biomatter array MK XII [acc] [CrtD] [Dmg] back, right?

First up, upgrading will never fail... An item will always increase in Mk upto Mk XIV... Further upgrades will contribute towards increasing it's quality until the chance of a quality increase reaches 100%...

If it increases in quality, then yes, it will be assigned a random additional modifier - Gold being the exception, they are all fixed modifiers when upgraded to Gold quality...

However, Cryptic (I think even Gecko himself) have said they are looking at options to allow players to tailor modifiers but no information is yet available how this may occur...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,610 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    First up, upgrading will never fail... An item will always increase in Mk upto Mk XIV... Further upgrades will contribute towards increasing it's quality...

If it increases in quality, then yes, it will be assigned a random additional modifier - Gold being the exception, they are all fixed modifiers when upgraded to Gold quality...

However, Cryptic (I think even Gecko himself) have said they are looking at options to allow players to tailor modifiers but no information is yet available how this may occur...

ok so the modifiers will or will not change? that's what I'm interested in at the moment.. I'm trying to reconcile why it would be 200K dilithium per weapon. if I was going for a certain set of mods or tring to get the gold, i can see it.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    u got the part about ec, right? go to the xchange now plz if ya ingame and check prices :eek:. thx :rolleyes:.

i've a lil' fortune lying around for dr, but actually it would be dry very quick if i'd jump onto the train now...
    Dude..... EC is really easy to get.
    Um, I need someone to clarify for me. I could have sworn I saw a thread saying ti was cheaper to upgrade lower mark items because it increased your chances of getting an epic item, which i interpreted as if you are upgrading a rare, for example that you could not get a uncommon back, (or vr in rare out). is that correct or not?

Yea, it is cheaper. Cryptic shot themselves in the foot on this one. just craft Mk 2 gear and upgrade the living TRIBBLE out of it and you're golden (on tribble, literally). it is much cheaper to do that then craft Mk XII gear.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ok so the modifiers will or will not change? that's what I'm interested in at the moment.. I'm trying to reconcile why it would be 200K dilithium per weapon. if I was going for a certain set of mods or tring to get the gold, i can see it.

Oh, sorry, existing modifiers will not change...

Also, it's not 200k to upgrade a weapon... Not if you have a little patience and don't hit the 'buy now' button etc...

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014

mods will not change, only be added. and that is per rng, u can't choose which mod to add. though most gear seems to have a fixed epic mod.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lmao :D.... OF COURSE i'm only amused... everything else would be so totally stupid lol. u know, i met a lot of people before who didn't get it. not even with a painting :D... (counts for all of us sometimes i guess :D)

do i agree though? no ;).
    You know what you do when someone don't get something? Explain it to them. Give them the benefit of the doubt. If all you're doing is not taking anything seriously, nothing will be accomplished.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    Yea, it is cheaper. Cryptic shot themselves in the foot on this one. just craft Mk 2 gear and upgrade the living TRIBBLE out of it and you're golden (on tribble, literally). it is much cheaper to do that then craft Mk XII gear.

I can see that changing... I doubt it was intended, and since it's already been discussed quite considerably on the forums, it's already well known at Cryptic I'd wager...

• Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I built my own upgrades in R&D and skipped the waiting time with dili....I add that to the cost because I wont waste 10 years from my life to upgrade 1 ship.

That was your (foolish) choice. Not much point complaining about it now.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sure thats why you will get my RnD to level 15.

It's kind of funny that the STUs are going for 1.35-1.4m EC while the ITUs are going for 145-150k EC.

5x STUs...~7m EC and 5375 Dil.
    12x ITUs & 2x BTUs...~1.8m EC and 12800 Dil.

That's without the ~1k Finish Now.

7425 more Dil. With the current rate of 173 D/Z, that's 42 Zen. A 10pack of Keys is 1125 Zen and would sell for ~24m. 42 Zen is ~3.73% of 1125 Zen. ~896k EC.

Yeah, I expect the price of the STUs to go down and the ITUs to go up.

Have to keep in mind there's the fixed 10k EC cost on the BTUs from the vendor to keep things in check.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I upgraded my elachi mk XII dhc accx3 ....1 single weapon not even close to ultra rare or mk 14 or more.
    I'd be curious if you've achieved Crafting Level 15 (Cannons) when you made the effort.

On a similar topic:
    It's been interesting to watch the in-game STO chat window, especially on ESD. Many players keep telling others NOT to upgrade anything until after "Delta Rising" releases. "Level up!" some say.

I think there's a LOT of variables which are going to affect upgrades, i.e. crafting level, accelerators, dilithium, etc. But there's going to be a LOT MORE unhappy players when they've spent hard-earned resources... with lackluster results from this "gambling system" (aka upgrades).

Ought to be interesting to see the Exchange fill up with various items, too.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    That was your (foolish) choice. Not much point complaining about it now.

yea fool because I dont like to waste years from my life.... you probably live forver so theres no point explaining to you why for us humans what you said is complete BS.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    I'd be curious if you've achieved Crafting Level 15 (Cannons) when you made the effort.

On a similar topic:
    It's been interesting to watch the in-game STO chat window, especially on ESD. Many players keep telling others NOT to upgrade anything until after "Delta Rising" releases. "Level up!" some say.

I think there's a LOT of variables which are going to affect upgrades, i.e. crafting level, accelerators, dilithium, etc. But there's going to be a LOT MORE unhappy players when they've spent hard-earned resources... with lackluster results from this "gambling system" (aka upgrades).

Ought to be interesting to see the Exchange fill up with various items, too.

Im level 13 .Got there by doing the daily 7000xp .You want me to spend dili there to speed it up ?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You know what you do when someone don't get something? Explain it to them. Give them the benefit of the doubt. If all you're doing is not taking anything seriously, nothing will be accomplished.

yeah, sometimes.... when i think it's worth to put my time and effort into it. almost nothing that got posted in this thread before my first post carried that impression.
    and i really don't think this needs to become a conversation about paedagogics ;)...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    yea fool because I dont like to waste years from my life.... you probably live forver so theres no point explaining to you why for us humans what you said is complete BS.

You do realise you're being completely unreasonable about this?

You're throwing what I would consider a quite literal tantrum and just fobbing off legitimate answers because you demand instant gratification...

You are indeed being quite foolish, not just for dropping your 200k dilithium on all the instant purchases and upgrades, but for your general behaviour right now...

You do realise the difference between Very Rare and even Gold is only going to be a small amount right?

• Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    he is either trolling or 12 ...by the things he sais he is probably a kid with internet.

His posts make more sense to me than yours, tbh.

Oh, please, don't tell me I'm 12 too! :*(
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im level 13 .Got there by doing the daily 7000xp .You want me to spend dili there to speed it up ?
    I asked out of mere curiosity. As more stories of crafting upgrades gone right (or wrong) are emerging, it's good to understand some of the details.

I really don't care whether extra dil was spent on speeding the process up.

notrealedna, it's obvious you had a bad experience. And you're not getting much sympathy within this thread. Chin up, take the time to read some of the more helpful posts on the forums about the upgrade experience. Sincerely, best of luck when you try again.
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok so wont skip over .I wait month and still pay much for 1 weapon.

How long it takes to get my ship to where it is now? 2 years? 3?

Food for thought : if its 2 years or 3 years and enough people speak up it will change. Notice I said speak up. Not complain about spending too much, which is fallacy in itself, not to blame the Devs, but to give constructive criticism. The title and subject is pure troll work. You're supposed to inform yourself first and foremost. Insulting the Devs is also a no no, its immature and destroys credibility.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    caylenr wrote: »

naah, don't get mad over edna lol.... he's just familiar with this game and around for a long time. cryptic did this to him :D.... u have to look into the subtext and to know where it comes from. it gets clear by then ;)...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    I asked out of mere curiosity. As more stories of crafting upgrades gone right (or wrong) are emerging, it's good to understand some of the details.

I really don't care whether extra dil was spent on speeding the process up.

notrealedna, it's obvious you had a bad experience. And you're not getting much sympathy within this thread. Chin up, take the time to read some of the more helpful posts on the forums about the upgrade experience. Sincerely, best of luck when you try again.

lol why would anyone want sympathy for pve players?Pve player is the form of life that spends fortunes to kill npcs in a game thats online.... when you can do the same thing with less money in a offline trple A title with less bugs and better graphics.Its healthy to not get sympathy for these people.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    caylenr wrote: »

no ,you are over 30 and have a 12 year old behavior .Ill let you search on google to understand what that means.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Food for thought : if its 2 years or 3 years and enough people speak up it will change. Notice I said speak up. Not complain about spending too much, which is fallacy in itself, not to blame the Devs, but to give constructive criticism. The title and subject is pure troll work. You're supposed to inform yourself first and foremost. Insulting the Devs is also a no no, its immature and destroys credibility.

show me where I insulted the devs? I thanked Geko .He saved me from spending more money by allowing this preview update today.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Course, uh, as "cheap" as the Mk XII to Mk XIII might be...that's pretty much where the "cheap" stops for those interested in Mk XIII to Mk XIV as well as the VR to UR and UR to Epic. That was kind of an "oh really?" moment...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Course, uh, as "cheap" as the Mk XII to Mk XIII might be...that's pretty much where the "cheap" stops for those interested in Mk XIII to Mk XIV as well as the VR to UR and UR to Epic. That was kind of an "oh really?" moment...

theres always "wait for the next lockbox " .Im sure there will be mk 14 weapons ultra rare so people wont have to pay that much for upgrades.It will be another trip to the vendor to throw away your stuffs.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    theres always "wait for the next lockbox " .Im sure there will be mk 14 weapons ultra rare so people wont have to pay that much for upgrades.It will be another trip to the vendor to throw away your stuffs.

Heh, gear can end up vendor trash before you even get that far.

You take your DHCs from Mk XII to Mk XIII. You take them to Mk XIV (with DR). You play that VR to UR game. You get a [Dmg] mod. Those are going to be the fun threads!

Hell, we won't have to wait for DR. Folks will Mk XII to Mk XIII and then hit up that VR to UR today...and...those are going to be the fun threads!
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah, sometimes.... when i think it's worth to put my time and effort into it. almost nothing that got posted in this thread before my first post carried that impression.
    and i really don't think this needs to become a conversation about paedagogics ;)...
    IT helps when people are on the same page. Sometimes, even people who are on opposing sides of an issue become in agreement when they understand each other.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Heh, gear can end up vendor trash before you even get that far.

You take your DHCs from Mk XII to Mk XIII. You take them to Mk XIV (with DR). You play that VR to UR game. You get a [Dmg] mod. Those are going to be the fun threads!

Hell, we won't have to wait for DR. Folks will Mk XII to Mk XIII and then hit up that VR to UR today...and...those are going to be the fun threads!

it wont matter much what mods people will get .Most pve players dont care about mods and pvp players QQs are not important .It will be fun when they will release mk 16 or 17 .That will sure motivate those people who were grinding for the epic item quality :D
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    show me where I insulted the devs? I thanked Geko .He saved me from spending more money by allowing this preview update today.

Being passive aggressive is still insulting.
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow 200,000 Dil on one item holy TRIBBLE. I spent 300,000 Dil speed upgrading all my Ultra Rare Mk XII to Ultra Rare Mk XIII.

Upgraded 20 items from my Oddy and 5 on my character and mind you I paid to all the TimeGating costs even that was 300,000 Dil. I'll try the rarity gamble in future months after I bump everything up to Mk XIV.

What I'm really upset about are the upgrade kits went from 6,000 XP on Tribble to 150 XP on Holodeck :(.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited September 2014

had that on tribble as well, but that was before the costs-changes there (by then it was about 1 mil dil to get one dhc to epic mk xiv).
    guess the next days i'll go over there for some more "how does it feel" testing :D.

i'd really appreciate if this just was like "oh, aha, ok, juhu" lol :(.

orangeitis wrote: »
    IT helps when people are on the same page. Sometimes, even people who are on opposing sides of an issue become in agreement when they understand each other.

those are the people to play check or pvp with :D;).
This discussion has been closed.