What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks alot geko

Comments

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In LoR you got 8 free ships, and, how many brand new ship abilities - with animations, and, new playable species, and, free outfits.

How is a single person in their right mind going to pay ½ dil for weapons they already bought?

Why don't you just charge me dil for firering phasers?

Here is the deal.
    Dil is a time currency, you earn dil by putting in time.

That went straight out the window when you are now paying dil to waste time

People who put in work are getting it up the rear and people who pay money are getting it up the rear, game as it is now has abandoned its own basic principle.

On the other hand yeah it kind of is people's own responsibility to not be naive enough to open lockboxes but still can you blame people for trusting cryptic to be far.

Me personally I don't even sell my contrabands at this point because I want to keep my vote or contributing to the game as low as possible and I just wish people weren't desperate and just accepting whatever is throw at them, that's really the people I ultimately blame for the decline in quality

/edit

ps. when they released reputation with s.7 people rejected their idea to have you paying for wasting time under that system and it's just sad people don't realize the users are in control but they going to make it as terrible as people will accept it also
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2014
    wast33 wrote: »
    ...hmm. if u r not level 10/15 in the particular school u want to upgrade items in, it is. it's not only the dil, but also the ec. and all together it's a fortune quick :mad:.

i won't touch it xcept with the free stuff they give the next days. only upgraded my res b fleet shields to mk xiii yet.

Im level 13 and thats because I only do the daily 7000xp ....I wont pay even more dilithium to get that to level 15.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is B.S. All this trolling and flamming going on, and nothing happens to anyone. I tell the truth 1 time and I get warned 3 times. You know what? Eff y'all :P
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Nope I didn't see that part either, but I did see the part where players will feel inferior and obsolete if they don't upgrade. Yeah, I saw that. :eek:
    so when everyone else in pvp has mk 15 ...gear designed by Geko you are not forced to upgrade.

fanboys *facepalm*

Right now my 'main' I suppose flies a mirror ship, the freebie Breen set and MK XI gear of varied rarities. By all accounts I am behind the curve as it is but I can pull my weight fine in the content I play.

I dabble in Ker'rat in this ship as well from time to time. And yes I can admit I suck, but I don't have a problem with it. I have nothing to prove, I play to have fun. I get by now, and I'll get by when DR arrives.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I built my own upgrades in R&D and skipped the waiting time with dili....I add that to the cost because I wont waste 10 years from my life to upgrade 1 ship.Thats complete BS.Then paid 950 dili for each 5000xp ...do the math and you will see thats @2000 zen probably more since I kept trying to get that DHC to ultra rare and stooped at 19%

There's YOUR mistake... You rushed the upgrades, rather than spreading them out over a couple days...

AND you used the 5k token to do it... Which, I'll add, my own testing on Tribble (still waiting for Holodeck to finish updating) demonstrated to go from Mk XII Very Rare Romulan Beam Array to Mk XIV Very Rare (didn't bother to consider UV/G upgrade) was 37,000 dilithium using the 5k token...

Using the 12.8k token effectively halves the dilithium cost...

If you're going to rush it all right now because you want instant gratification, then that's your own silly fault...

Once again a prime example of someone on these forums blaming Cryptic for their own decisions...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    no not geko made me ,his design did....

for a little pathetic pve player you are damn noisy.

and that's the point: they won't get it lol. earlier i've been in a c&h (capture and hold for all those who never opened up their pvp tab :D) and what did i face? boats with 5 mk xiii spire tac-cons lmao :D...
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ...hmm. if u r not level 10/15 in the particular school u want to upgrade items in, it is. it's not only the dil, but also the ec. and all together it's a fortune quick :mad:.

i won't touch it xcept with the free stuff they give the next days. only upgraded my res b fleet shields to mk xiii yet.

There's this little thing called the exchange....... You aren't limited by your crafting level.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    There's this little thing called the exchange....... You aren't limited by your crafting level.

u got the part about ec, right? go to the xchange now plz if ya ingame and check prices :eek:. thx :rolleyes:.

i've a lil' fortune lying around for dr, but actually it would be dry very quick if i'd jump onto the train now...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Right now my 'main' I suppose flies a mirror ship, the freebie Breen set and MK XI gear of varied rarities. By all accounts I am behind the curve as it is but I can pull my weight fine in the content I play.

I dabble in Ker'rat in this ship as well from time to time. And yes I can admit I suck, but I don't have a problem with it. I have nothing to prove, I play to have fun. I get by now, and I'll get by when DR arrives.

thats what Im talking about .I have lockbox ships and its expensive ....for players who dont have that it will be even more expensive ...and if you play pvp it will be more expensive than the dilithium in game allows it since theres not enough dilithium to cover all upgrades.
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i knew I spend too much ....i only tried to see how much you really need to get it to ultra rare.I kept adding trying to see if my chance is enough to get a ultra rare....19% is not enough chance to get .I image you need alot more ...but wont spend more to test it.Simple math shows how much you'd need to upgrade ....even then you can't control which weapon mods you get and that is important in pvp.

The time skip feature is something in modern browser games, most people without the funds know to never touch time reducers. This is where free to play games make their money off people who are either too impatient to wait and spend to much money like yourself or the people with large amounts of disposable income that can easily afford the increase but have little play time.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Um, I need someone to clarify for me. I could have sworn I saw a thread saying ti was cheaper to upgrade lower mark items because it increased your chances of getting an epic item, which i interpreted as if you are upgrading a rare, for example that you could not get a uncommon back, (or vr in rare out). is that correct or not?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The time skip feature is something in modern browser games, most people without the funds know to never touch time reducers. This is where free to play games make their money off people who are either too impatient to wait and spend to much money like yourself or the people with large amounts of disposable income that can easily afford the increase but have little play time.

it was 150 dili per upgrade .I dont know how many upgrades i used but i think we can do some math and remove the "skip cost" from the 200,000.You will notice that even if you remove it (thus wasting 10 minutes per 5000xp) you will need weeks and still alot of dili.....only for 1 weapon and you cant control the mod on it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Um, I need someone to clarify for me. I could have sworn I saw a thread saying ti was cheaper to upgrade lower mark items because it increased your chances of getting an epic item, which i interpreted as if you are upgrading a rare, for example that you could not get a uncommon back, (or vr in rare out). is that correct or not?

I upgraded my elachi mk XII dhc accx3 ....1 single weapon not even close to ultra rare or mk 14 or more.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    and that's the point: they won't get it lol. earlier i've been in a c&h (capture and hold for all those who never opened up their pvp tab :D) and what did i face? boats with 5 mk xiii spire tac-cons lmao :D...
    No one's entitled to keep up with anyone in PvP. If you want to stay competitive, you need to dish out the goods. Whining to other forum posters about how it's not fair or we don't understand won't make a difference.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    u got the part about ec, right? go to the xchange now plz if ya ingame and check prices :eek:. thx :rolleyes:.

i've a lil' fortune lying around for dr, but actually it would be dry very quick if i'd jump onto the train now...

Give it a week and those prices will inevitably drop... Right now prices are inflated and will standardise over time as more and more people try selling them...

It's the same thing with every new Lock Box... The ships will get listed for large amounts, for example the Narcine Dreadnaught, I saw it for close to 400mil on launch of the Xindi Lock Box and it is now usually around 120-130mil...

Same with Lock Box weapons, first week or so they're always expensive as people clamour to be the first to have them, then they drop off in value...

Upgrade tokens will be no different... Wait a week or two and the prices will be alot more reasonable...

• Options
    edited September 2014

it won't give back items that are worse in quality. for the first part: it raises chances to end up with an item that already is ur/epic on mk xi/xii for further upgrades (or just has higher chances to get there).
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Goat Cheese, Australian Aged Cheddar or perhaps some Gouda, with that Whine, OP?
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thats what Im talking about .I have lockbox ships and its expensive ....for players who dont have that it will be even more expensive ...and if you play pvp it will be more expensive than the dilithium in game allows it since theres not enough dilithium to cover all upgrades.

Yup. You either choose to upgrade or not. If you want to upgrade then unfortunately you'll have to pay for it. We all could argue over how stupid or fantastic this change is until we are frothing at the mouth but it is how it is.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    No one's entitled to keep up with anyone in PvP. If you want to stay competitive, you need to dish out the goods. Whining to other forum posters about how it's not fair or we don't understand won't make a difference.

u see me crying lol? :D actually i'm kinda amused about most comments in here, as they show an abscene of critical and constructive thinking imo. all i read is "yay geko, boo edna" lol.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Basic Tech Upgrades available from the vendor are 10000 EC each.*
    It requires 32 BTUs to take a VR Mk XII DHC to Mk XIII.
    320000 EC.
    The Dil cost for applying a BTU is 700.
    22400 Dil.
    Finish now is ~1000 more Dil.

320k EC and ~23.5k Dil to take a VR Mk XII DHC to Mk XIII with BTUs.

If you had 5 Superior Tech Upgrades, you could do the upgrade for ~6-7k Dil.

You could use 12 Improved Tech Upgrades and 2 Basic, and you'd be looking at ~13k Dil.

*It's a trip that folks are selling them for at least twice the price on the Exchange, lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Apparently this is correct, upgrading low level items is apparently very cheap (not tested that myself) and because they are low level they get more chances to be upgraded not just in Mk, but quality - it functions almost like a critical result when below Mk XIV...

Each time you upgrade the Mk, you have a chance of upgrading quality also, so by upgrading low level items, you get more chances of getting that 'critical' and upgrading it's quality also...

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    u see me crying lol? :D actually i'm kinda amused about most comments in here, as they show an abscene of critical and constructive thinking imo. all i read is "yay, geko boo edna" lol.
    That's your own personal incredulity talking. If you're only "amused" by people telling you to suck it up, you're probably not the target of the posts.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    320000 EC.
    22400 Dil.

You could use 12 Improved Tech Upgrades and 2 Basic, and you'd be looking at ~13k Dil.

*It's a trip that folks are selling them for at least twice the price on the Exchange, lol.

thx for that, very appreciated! :).... think i gotta count now (which can take a while lol).
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it was 150 dili per upgrade .I dont know how many upgrades i used but i think we can do some math and remove the "skip cost" from the 200,000.You will notice that even if you remove it (thus wasting 10 minutes per 5000xp) you will need weeks and still alot of dili.....only for 1 weapon and you cant control the mod on it.

When fleet weapons came out I got them months later. I know what my priorities are. This system is meant to either take a long time investing into your character or spend a grip skipping the investment time. What's expensive to you is not to others. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from upgrading for free. If you want prices cheaper, ask for it. Complaints after the fact make you look immature and it shows you have no payed attention to the cost before purchase.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thx for that, very appreciated! :).... think i gotta count now (which can take a while lol).

Different things will be different amounts - as far as the required TP, etc.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it won't give back items that are worse in quality. for the first part: it raises chances to end up with an item that already is ur/epic on mk xi/xii for further upgrades (or just has higher chances to get there).

ok so if I upgrade a phased biomatter array MK XII [acc] [CrtD] [Dmg],

I will get a MK XIII back, but I don't know what 3 modifiers I will get, right? unless if fails, in which case I get my phased biomatter array MK XII [acc] [CrtD] [Dmg] back, right?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    320000 EC.
    22400 Dil.

sure thats why you will get my RnD to level 15.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In LoR we also got an entirely new faction with 50 levels of content that wouldn't have had any basic ships if those 8 hadn't been added and would have been unplayable.

Don't see any new factions being released with DR.

Posted in from another thread? Odd quirk in the forum or something?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    That's your own personal incredulity talking. If you're only "amused" by people telling you to suck it up, you're probably not the target of the posts.

lmao :D.... OF COURSE i'm only amused... everything else would be so totally stupid lol. u know, i met a lot of people before who didn't get it. not even with a painting :D... (counts for all of us sometimes i guess :D)

do i agree though? no ;).
This discussion has been closed.