test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks alot geko

notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
paid 200,000 dili to get my 1 DHC from mk XII to mk XIII ...very rare ..not even ultra rare.

3 more cannons to go then other parts.

thats the last zen Ill ever spend .I wont pay for 1 item more than people pay for full games at release.Good luck and have fun finding people pay your salaries.
Post edited by notrealedna on

Comments

• Options
    imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    paid 200,000 dili to get my 1 DHC from mk XII to mk XIII ...very rare ..not even ultra rare.

thats the last zen Ill ever spend .I wont pay for 1 item more than people pay for full games at release.Good luck and have fun finding people pay your salaries.

getting a higher quality in the system is like the lockbox system: it's a lottery until you get the item to MK 14. you only have yourself to blame for spending resources on the system.
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    200,000 dil ?!? WTF? :eek: Won't be doing that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I got 19% chance to get to Ultra rare next time I upgrade ....if I spend more stuffs to upgrade the same cannon.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How did you manage that? Using 3-4 Superior Upgrade kits should get your Mk XII to XIII, which should cost something like 30-40k?
    Did you use basic ones and skip the crafting cooldowns when making them?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ya geko! Good job not protecting this guy from his own stupidity! Shame on you!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    200,000 dil ?!? WTF? :eek: Won't be doing that.

Me neither.

First we got scoffed here for having the audacity to think a full ship upgrade might go as high up as 700k Dilithium. And now it's 200k per weapon. F that.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    y'all said stated it was reasonable, thats your problem. i never did :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You must not know much about upgrading, reading the forums & blogs are keys to knowledge on this.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You wish of good fortune has been fulfilled!

This game has tens of thousands of customers, quite possibly over a hundred thousand or more who are more than willing to keep spending money on the game. :D

And for the record, that wasn't your zen that was spent. You traded your Dil that you got for free by grinding to another player who actually paid for the zen and wanted your dil.

Cryptic isn't losing a damn thing from you deciding not to spend other peoples zen. :P

Pride cometh before the fall.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't know what you did. I've upgraded 1/3 of my ship, including DHC's, and nothing cost more than 30k dil. The system seems fair to me.
  • Options
    pauldangerpauldanger Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So much investment and so little reward. There's only two people left in my fleet for that exact reason
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    How did you manage that? Using 3-4 Superior Upgrade kits should get your Mk XII to XIII, which should cost something like 30-40k?
    Did you use basic ones and skip the crafting cooldowns when making them?

i got it to mk 13....not mk 13 ultra rare....

to very rare you get 33 extra damage.

if I keep adding upgrades I have a 19% chance atm to get a ultra rare ...so I can even spend more to get a ultra rare.

remember ....That's 1 single DHC ...I have 3 more and turrets ...not to mention consoles ...wont even talk about my other toon since i know thats not worth the time to play.

Lets say you are Bill gates...at the moment even if you buy all the dilithium in game wont be enough to upgrade everything you have.

with 50 euros you can buy a game like witcher 3....a full game.With 50 euros in STO you cant even upgrade the stuffs you already paid for on 1 toon.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    How do you know it wasn't the OP who bought Zen with cash and converted it to dil?

I never bought zen with Dilithium.It would be impossible since I only pvp and dont get much dilithium from it.

I built my own upgrades in R&D and skipped the waiting time with dili....I add that to the cost because I wont waste 10 years from my life to upgrade 1 ship.Thats complete BS.Then paid 950 dili for each 5000xp ...do the math and you will see thats @2000 zen probably more since I kept trying to get that DHC to ultra rare and stooped at 19%
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ya geko! Good job not protecting this guy from his own stupidity! Shame on you!

So, you calling a guy who is TOTALLY RIGHT stupid?? lol.. seriously.

The actual upgrade system is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, it doesnt matter how "smart" you are. Basically you going to pay for a new weapon, not an upgraded one. So it will be cheaper ALWAYS to just get the new weapon somewhere else. You still didnt realize, you need the upgrade materials first, and then you need to PAY dilithium to create an upgraded weapon. In the end, the cost is ridiculous high lol. You dont need to be so smart to figure it out.
  • Options
    pauldangerpauldanger Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This game has tens of thousands of customers, quite possibly over a hundred thousand or more who are more than willing to keep spending money on the game. :D

And for the record, that wasn't your zen that was spent. You traded your Dil that you got for free by grinding to another player who actually paid for the zen and wanted your dil.

Cryptic isn't losing a damn thing from you deciding not to spend other peoples zen. :P

I've spent plenty on zen and converted it to dil dude. You're calling him a liar when he's telling you that's what he did. So rude
  • Options
    aak7aak7 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just downloaded the game and I pressed visit gateway, I login with my account, it says loading your command console and then says

You have Encountered an Error

Timeout getting character list

Request timed out while waiting for your list of characters. You can retry by clicking the link below.

Click here to go to Character Select

What is happening, I just want to play the game!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xparr15 wrote: »
    I don't know what you did. I've upgraded 1/3 of my ship, including DHC's, and nothing cost more than 30k dil. The system seems fair to me.

I will like to see screenshots of the process, please, because thats impossible. You know what 1/3 means, right?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Edit: Wait maybe I'm misunderstanding something, Dith the OP buy Dil? If so forget that last about selling dil for zen.

for a 12 year old whos trolling you spew alot of BS.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2014

to much zeros in your number ?since i upgraded 6 weapons for some 200-220k dill this dose not look like to much for me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So, you calling a guy who is TOTALLY RIGHT stupid?? lol.. seriously.

The actual upgrade system is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, it doesnt matter how "smart" you are. Basically you going to pay for a new weapon, not an upgraded one. So it will be cheaper ALWAYS to just get the new weapon somewhere else. You still didnt realize, you need the upgrade materials first, and then you need to PAY dilithium to create an upgraded weapon. In the end, the cost is ridiculous high lol. You dont need to be so smart to figure it out.

believe it or not I beta tested this TRIBBLE they call game .They took a s*** on pvp first (the thing I played) then on my money and time spent grinding .Now its time for me to do the same on their work.
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014

200k is peanuts, on tribble I unloaded over a million to upgrade one item to XIV Epic... that's some way to get rid of power creep, limit Epic gear to the players with the deepest pockets... so long f2p, hello p2w :(
  • Options
    originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aak7 wrote: »
    I just downloaded the game and I pressed visit gateway, I login with my account, it says loading your command console and then says

Request timed out while waiting for your list of characters. You can retry by clicking the link below.

The game isn't a browser game homie. That is the beta test area for mobile phones. If you downloaded the game go to your download folder and open the install file.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aak7 wrote: »

Mate, don't press "visit gateway", forget about that. That's another thing.

I assume you downloaded via Arc - just launch Arc, enter your username and password in Arc and then Arc will open and you'll have STO on the list. Press "play" and it will start the STO launcher on which you press "engage" when it's ready - and you're all set to play.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    200k is peanuts, on tribble I unloaded over a million to upgrade one item to XIV Epic... that's some way to get rid of power creep, limit Epic gear to the players with the deepest pockets... so long f2p, hello p2w :(

so they think Bill gates is playing STO?

even if Bill Gates would play this he would not be able to upgrade because even if you buy all the dilithium in game you wont have enough to upgrade.
  • Options
    borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will like to see screenshots of the process, please, because thats impossible. You know what 1/3 means, right?

No it is not. You need to actual learn how to use the upgrade system in the first place.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Sounds like that's your fault, rather than Geko's.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »

Oh snap. I guess they'll cut costs by 90% or something. Give it some time I hope. 200k dil isn't a walk in the park... I can see if you have like 90 toons, never need to sleep and there's 280 hours in a day :rolleyes:

I'm not using money if that's what they're hoping for...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Sounds like that's your fault, rather than Geko's.

yes because I made the game.
This discussion has been closed.