test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising: Operations Pack

Comments

• miridarkgadenmiridarkgaden Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ok i have arc i have forveified in safe mode but everytimr i click enage when i get to delta rising screen it up 4 3 seconds and icrash to my desktop to make matter worse everything even other prgramd gets faded things that are supposed to be jet back are grey
    my only soultion to fix that ptom is a full restart of my system before delta rising logging out of sto adter playing it never did that i try twice a day but still nochangeif it not fixed sonn i'll lose my love for STO and the hudreds of hours i've spent playing
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Forum title is changed by clicking the 'Edit your Avatar' link near the top of the forums.

Thanks, I resolved the other problems, except I have no option to select 'Voyager' title on the forums.

As I mentioned, I have no option to update forum title as the "Title and Display Name Options" still have 'Default.'

Not a big deal, though it would have been nice to show my support for DR pack here as well as the new ships to me look great in the sense of being an exotic contrast to traditional class, and open up the whole range of gameplay strategies, minus carriers and shuttles.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Thanks, I resolved the other problems, except I have no option to select 'Voyager' title on the forums.

As I mentioned, I have no option to update forum title as the "Title and Display Name Options" still have 'Default.'

Not a big deal, though it would have been nice to show my support for DR pack here as well as the new ships to me look great in the sense of being an exotic contrast to traditional class, and open up the whole range of gameplay strategies, minus carriers and shuttles.

Yeah I actually don't have the option for the DR pack titles either. My LTS and LoR titles are all in there, but none of the DR titles.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • oneofexploitoneofexploit Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't buy the pack. Don't buy anything, you're supporting Asian style grind MMOs which suck the fun out of games.
  • scrag0416scrag0416 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This has probably been said before and it is directed at Cryptic/STO

Just wanted to provide feedback on the latest expansion.

I understand the need to refresh content and to provide different story lines that keep players interested. Though I may not agree with these lines because I like Star Trek I play the game. So when you revamped the settings on the PVE missions you created a train wreck. For example in order to get Borg Nanoprobes (only on Elite PVE) you need a serious upgrade on your ship. You will not be able to get the various sets (shields/deflectors/Impulse) without those. Maybe you can get them somewhere else? This is also the case with some of the others as well.

Second while I can afford to spend money on stupid things - my choice. However my son brought up a valid point. It is ludicrous to spend the amount of Zen (i.e. dollars) on ships like the Bortasq, Scimitar or Odessey....especially the packs only to have to buy yet another upgrade to 5TU..THEN to have to spend dilithium like it is going out of style to upgrade your equipment, especially when there is a cap on the amount you can refine - SO again you have to spend Zen to convert to Dilithium in order to do this. I get the need to make a profit but this is really gouging and screwed up.

Maybe I missed something.....
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    scrag0416 wrote: »
    This has probably been said before and it is directed at Cryptic/STO

Just wanted to provide feedback on the latest expansion.

I understand the need to refresh content and to provide different story lines that keep players interested. Though I may not agree with these lines because I like Star Trek I play the game. So when you revamped the settings on the PVE missions you created a train wreck. For example in order to get Borg Nanoprobes (only on Elite PVE) you need a serious upgrade on your ship. You will not be able to get the various sets (shields/deflectors/Impulse) without those. Maybe you can get them somewhere else? This is also the case with some of the others as well.

Second while I can afford to spend money on stupid things - my choice. However my son brought up a valid point. It is ludicrous to spend the amount of Zen (i.e. dollars) on ships like the Bortasq, Scimitar or Odessey....especially the packs only to have to buy yet another upgrade to 5TU..THEN to have to spend dilithium like it is going out of style to upgrade your equipment, especially when there is a cap on the amount you can refine - SO again you have to spend Zen to convert to Dilithium in order to do this. I get the need to make a profit but this is really gouging and screwed up.

Maybe I missed something.....

Lock boxes are for catching gambling addicts for key purchases at the z store.

Ship/character upgrades are like getting your next fix from the guy with the trench coat at corner Z store.

It's a program designed to catch addicts who don't have enough self control and make lots of impulse purchases. The game part is only the icing which lately is a bit stale not from lack of fresh updates but design choices for some things as well as bugs not being fixed. This lets you see the underbelly of what is really going on easier since the fun isn't as distracting as it could be.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am waiting for players to come back into the queues before I reconsider buying that pack.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So, I saw the Last Chance Discounts notice (and no GNN thread) and my only thought was, "Well, now there have to be 5 ships in it that I really want." I'm not sure raising the price, ever, is a good plan. It's so grossly imbalanced that it really only appeals if you spend enough time on the Fed side to warrant purchasing/using so many... and all the synergistic Starship Traits are on the Fed ships. So, with only 2 KDF and 2 Rom ships, maybe two of which I really want... you raise the price?

Look, if you don't mind, could you at least release faction-specific 3-packs for 5K Zen? Once you release more T6 KDF and Rom ships, of course. I'd be more likely to buy all three of those than I would one Ops Pack at 15000 Zen, even if they unlocked the same number of ships in total and the same secondary perks for each faction. There is next to no chance I'll buy the Ops Pack at 15000 Zen...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • specialedd82specialedd82 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    a little sad to see black DEVORE ships of voyager series wont be in delta pack
  • johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Uhm...so has anybody been able to claim the forum titles that are supposed to be part of the pack? I do not have that option, I can only set to default title.

Cryptic. Wouldn't it be nice, if people could actually show off their support for the best expansion ever? :p Please fix.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Uhm...so has anybody been able to claim the forum titles that are supposed to be part of the pack? I do not have that option, I can only set to default title.

Cryptic. Wouldn't it be nice, if people could actually show off their support for the best expansion ever? :p Please fix.

nope the only option I had was the 1000 day vet title
    sig.jpg
  • fullmetaleaglefullmetaleagle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    so the Delta op pack says it costs 15k. but the button to purchase is grayed out and i cant buy it. i have 15k. it also says in red "your character cannot use this item." but then it ALSO says "thank you for purchasing the Delta Rising Founder's Pack" RIGHT BELOW the red words saying i cant use it.

some details to know:
    i dont have a lvl 50+ character, nor have i ever.
    ive been lifetime sub since release (i know, pretty contradicting things, but lets just say life rly gets in the way and so do dead PC's preventing me from playing)

the character im on is starfleet.

the Temporal pack says i can buy it just fine, so i dont believe my level is an issue.

and as for the whole "having items from the pack preventing you from buying the pack" thing goes anyways i have the mirror outfit thats in the temporal pack, among a few others, and the pack is purchasable with no issues. even if it were, i dont actually have anything from the delta pack except for the intel outfit. which i bought on its own AFTER the delta pack wouldnt work.

im not really sure what to do at this point. my memory is bad and i dont remember buying this in the past but it clearly says ive purchased it. i might have gotten it back when it was 12.5k? i also know i havent claimed this because of the intel outfit having been bought seperately (again, after i discovered this problem) AND i dont have the talaxian outfit or titles or anything else easily findable to check just in case. its starting to really bother me.

(there is also no claim button. )

any help i can get is appreciated, and sorry for reviving a dead thread i am not allowed to make my own support thread yet and since im only allowed to respond to them this seemed like the best place to do so.

unrelated help request: i won a guardian cruiser ship out of the lobi case thing. and i didnt get anything in my inventory.

Things to know: some above, not lvl 50. same issues where it says its 3k. but the button is greyed out and the red says "your character cannot use this item" - this one im more inclined to believe it being due to my level. but someone said that i might have a box in my inventory that i have to use in order to have it? not sure if thats true or if it was a troll, or maybe i get that box ONCE i hit 50 and unlock the ship in the z store? again any help is appreciated :D <3

also image of the first problem (delta op issue) in link: http://imgur.com/a/74XkZ
    Post edited by fullmetaleagle on
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    When i see your screenshot, I see the Zen cost and not the word "available".
    Atm i have no new lvl 10 char, so couldn't check if new chars have still the zen price behind accountwide unlocked packs.
    The delta pack has T6 ships, no lower level ones. Each faction has intel ships (fed 3, rom 2 and kdf 2 also), furthermore u get iirr 2 non intel t6 fed ships, a galaxy cruiser, and the spearheaded sci ship.
    <60 chars cant claim these due their level, however, u can check under personal for the faction intel boffs, and the delta doff package (3 purple doffs always same ones, delta raceial ones). Each faction also gets 3 intel boffs: eng/int, tact/int and sci/int.
    I also vaguely remember that delta pack has a limit to romulans, since it also has a doff package, which needs to be either fed or kdf, so finishing arc and choosing faction also determines for Romulans when to being able to claim stuff.

Otherwise also try restartign STO. I hope it helps, the delta pack has really fun stuff packed in it, especially it has a bit more rossfction claim stuff in it.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
    edited May 2017
    > @mephizton2092 said:
    > When i see your screenshot, I see the Zen cost and not the word "available".
    > Atm i have no new lvl 10 char, so couldn't check if new chars have still the zen price behind accountwide unlocked packs.
    > The delta pack has T6 ships, no lower level ones. Each faction has intel ships (fed 3, rom 2 and kdf 2 also), furthermore u get iirr 2 non intel t6 fed ships, a galaxy cruiser, and the spearheaded sci ship.
    > <60 chars cant claim these due their level, however, u can check under personal for the faction intel boffs, and the delta doff package (3 purple doffs always same ones, delta raceial ones). Each faction also gets 3 intel boffs: eng/int, tact/int and sci/int.
    > I also vaguely remember that delta pack has a limit to romulans, since it also has a doff package, which needs to be either fed or kdf, so finishing arc and choosing faction also determines for Romulans when to being able to claim stuff.
    >
    > Otherwise also try restartign STO. I hope it helps, the delta pack has really fun stuff packed in it, especially it has a bit more rossfction claim stuff in it.

i appreciate the help, (unfortunately ive been painfully aware of the issue for about a week, so the in and out of the game doesnt help :/ )and nope the only thing in personnel are playable fe caitian joined trill and fed klingon atm. im gonna go with the whole, not leveled thing for now and hope when i get high enough. and far enough story wise etc. things will fall into place. if anyone else has thoughts on the matter please feel free to continue helping. if i get to the end game and i still cant touch the thing i will send in a wtf ticket :P (if we dont reach a 100% sure answer here ofc)
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I can't be 100% certain, but I believe the Delta pack IS level restricted since all the ships are T6 and the content itself is lvl 50+. While you don't need to buy the pack to play the content, I can see them locking the pack out so those without a lvl 50 wouldn't feel "ripped off" when they can't use everything in the pack right away.

With the temporal pack, there are several ships of all tiers so being able to purchase that at level 1 was something they needed to do.

Also, this is a nearly 3 year old thread and I think you may have been better served creating a new thread. Some folks will come in here and rage over that fact, but I'm not one of them. :)

Here's hoping you get this sorted out.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Characters below 50 can still claim stuff like the Doffs and Boffs, so it is not fully restricted. The ships you get from this Pack are boxed and cannot be opened until 50 but you can have them in Inventory before then. The Legacy of Romulus Expansion worked the same way.

This is a Cryptic initiated Thread and I have no problems with posting to it whenever.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited May 2017
    > @iamynaught said:
    > I can't be 100% certain, but I believe the Delta pack IS level restricted since all the ships are T6 and the content itself is lvl 50+. While you don't need to buy the pack to play the content, I can see them locking the pack out so those without a lvl 50 wouldn't feel "ripped off" when they can't use everything in the pack right away.
    >
    > With the temporal pack, there are several ships of all tiers so being able to purchase that at level 1 was something they needed to do.
    >
    > Also, this is a nearly 3 year old thread and I think you may have been better served creating a new thread. Some folks will come in here and rage over that fact, but I'm not one of them. :)
    >
    > Here's hoping you get this sorted out.

one of the reasons i posted here is because for some reason it says i cantcreate posts or threads yet i can only "reply" to others. i think its because its the first time ive ever been active in the forum so its rly new account even tho ive had it for like ..5+ years? whenever beta came out lol but yea even if youre uncertain its still closer to an answer than ive been, so thank you.

and as for the 2nd post:

> @ltminns said:
    > Characters below 50 can still claim stuff like the Doffs and Boffs, so it is not fully restricted. The ships you get from this Pack are boxed and cannot be opened until 50 but you can have them in Inventory before then. The Legacy of Romulus Expansion worked the same way.
    >
    > This is a Cryptic initiated Thread and I have no problems with posting to it whenever.

thanks for your intake as well and glad my necro posting isnt a salty maker for ya <3 lol like i said i am hoping that i get an answer when i hit 50.. do you think that may be why i dont have my guardiasn cruiser yet from the lobi box? like i said before someone said its in a lock box sorta thing when you unlock it but never mentioned if you still needed to claim it from the z store or not.so i wasnt sure if they were trolling or just didnt know if i had gotten it from the store yet? either way the item still says 3k zen in the store and the red words saying i cant use it..so i dunno what to do on that one. also wait to 50 i guess?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    The Guardian is part of the Delta Operations Pack and not part of a Lobi Box, though it will come boxed if you claim it. Can only be used by Level 50 and above. Go to the Bundles Tab and look for the Delta Operations Pack, that should say Claim. If there is a cost there instead, the C-Store doesn't think you own it. You should contact Customer Service.

I believe once Claimed all those ships should no longer show a cost.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > The Guardian is part of the Delta Operations Pack and not part of a Lobi Box, though it will come boxed if you claim it. Can only be used by Level 50 and above. Go to the Bundles Tab and look for the Delta Operations Pack, that should say Claim. If there is a cost there instead, the C-Store doesn't think you own it. You should contact Customer Service.
    >
    > I believe once Claimed all those ships should no longer show a cost.

i opened something and it said [2:34] Recieved Guardian Cruiser [T6] in the log i didnt believe what i saw, i had to make sure no one else had opened something. so i checked to make sure the log message was different than when someone else gets one. it was. i know it clearly said what it said, when i first saw it. maybe it was a lock box but im looking thru them and i dont see any that indicate it as being a possible prize(im going thru the exchange atm) the reaosn i thought it had to do with the lobi stuff was because i was at the lobi station opening a few boxes to get enough lobi for one of the outfits there. but either way i dont have any actual way of getting it and it still says 3k on the store. however. let me re iterate that the original problem i posted has been an ongoing thing(the delta one) and i'd just been ignoring it for 2 weeks cause it didnt bug me at first and it wasnt a recent issue that just happened. . its been a problem since level 3 or 4 when i first opened the store after being gone for years.

as you said tho if they dont recognize me as owning the items i should contact support. i was going to wait til 50 to see if naything happened but, i think is hall do it sooner. so im just going to send in a ticket with that screenshot i originally posted with. thanks again, and sorry for being a complication lol
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Guardian is part of the Delta Operations Pack and not part of a Lobi Box, though it will come boxed if you claim it. Can only be used by Level 50 and above. Go to the Bundles Tab and look for the Delta Operations Pack, that should say Claim. If there is a cost there instead, the C-Store doesn't think you own it. You should contact Customer Service.

I believe once Claimed all those ships should no longer show a cost.

update on the guardian cruiser. i believe i recieved it from the lobi box but it was the Admiralty version of it. looking into the ship i discovered that theres an admiralty version. perhaps the "recieve" message was just a little vague. this is not guaranteed the exact thing that happened. but the most logical answer. and it makes sense considering i was opening those cases unknowingly. (i had 15 lobi left after getting my outfit and just got them because i had nothing else to get)