What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 5 Starship Upgrades

Comments

• Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My guess is that all the T5.5 ships will get a refit (mainly Fleet level) to full T6 in a future update. But that doesn't address Lobi/lock box ships. IMHO, they should make the T5U free for all ships and if you want T6 you pay the difference between what T5 and T6 is in zen especially Lobi and Lock Box ships.

The problem like the OP said is that even with the upgrade, the ship is inferior to T6 just because of the additional BO slot and trait. Even if t is an Ensign Slot it still becomes a huge advantage once you factor in DoFFs.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gagocash wrote: »
    I just wait for GTA V online for PC, release is nov 14th.

No its not, rockstar hasn't given an official release date.
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frozenfew wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I have been paying for this since day one... what really sucks, is no matter how long I have been on, I get no credit toward a lifetime account. I cannot afford $300 in one pop to go life time. I have een paying $15.00 a month for 4+ years the only credit I get is a pitiful 600 Zen. I buy keys, I get nothing from lockboxes. you treat original veteran's that have supported this like TRIBBLE. I'm ready to close my account. how sad.

now everything I have is going to be useless unless I fork over more? your a bunch of greedy TRIBBLE...

The sad thing is, people claim its justified because cryptic/PWE has to make money. Their aim is at new players which will more than compensate,in profit, whatever us vets have to pay to upgrade our stuff but will they care.... nope.
    signature.png
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    teuteburg wrote: »
    What really makes me mad is this statment in the announcment of
    the last bug-promo:

With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship [the Bug] (either from
    this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship
    capabilities at no cost.

everything else is not worth a word.....

Isn't that true for all of the lockbox/lobi ships (minus mirror universe ships)?
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm amazed at how many people are suddenly concerned about being ultra-competitive in pvp. The queues would say otherwise. If you want to min-max every ounce of power out of a ship, you shouldn't care what it looks like. Use a T6. If you still want to fly a particular ship for looks purposes, you can without making the new content painful. What's the problem?
    People also like min/maxing their numbers in PvE. And considering that there are events that give you better rewards the better you do, there's incentive to have the best of the best in PvE as well.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Ok lets be honest here for a minute:

Yes the t6 ships will most assuredly be "better" due to hitpoints and the additional boff slot,s however those will work out, but please let us have a REALITY CHECK here:

The Current elite content is no challenge for a fully geared characters no matter the ship (not talking sub endgame tier ships here obviously, though lets remember the elite stfs were done with t2 ships...).

100% agreed.

I'm currently building up a new character and, with all the uncertainty over DR gear and ships, have deliberately not spent much in the way of Dil / ECs / Zen. He's currently running a basic T5 ship, a random selection of green DOffs, Mk X blue gear, no traits... and he's still doing "elite" content quite happily (and actually placed 3rd in a CCE yesterday...)

So assuming there will be Mk XIII / XIV drops coming through, even an alt running a "free" T5 ship should be able to do most things.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow so many pages over this ship upgrade I am having a blast reading all lol.

As far as the upgrades go I am not bitter like some of you all and yes I spent time and money getting my ships right where I want them. With the release of x2 were getting the skill revamp and moving to level 60 I expect to get a t6 ship once I am level 60.

Again am I bitter about having to upgrade my current ship no I look at it like this if I buy a new computer and a day later a new version comes out will they give me a free upograde on mine no. If I buy a new car and a week later the new model comes out will g.m give me a free upgrade on my week old car lol no.....I know your thinking this is a game ok lets say I go see a movie and a day later part 2 comes out do you really think i'll get a discount on the ticket becouse I seen part one the other day lol no......

Common gang its called progress out with the old and in with the new atleast they are going to give you the chance to upgrade your ship and yes its going to cost could be worse they didnt have to offer an upgrade at all.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You should not expect a corporation like Cryptic to move and alter decisions just after a day of feedback.

They need to listen to the feedback, evaluate it, and then consider what to do, and how to do it. They will not give you a new concept within a day. I would actually expect at least a week before you see any actual feedback on feedback.

That is not saying I am optimistic they will change anything. But crying of "ignored feedback" after a day is mostly unconstructive and not helping.

Absolutely. Give them some time. If they can see a consistent theme in all this feedback and use it effectively to implement a few changes the so be it. But it won't be overnight. If it does happen, I don't think we'll know about at least for another three weeks.
  • Options
    borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frozenfew wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I have been paying for this since day one... what really sucks, is no matter how long I have been on, I get no credit toward a lifetime account. I cannot afford $300 in one pop to go life time. I have een paying $15.00 a month for 4+ years the only credit I get is a pitiful 600 Zen. I buy keys, I get nothing from lockboxes. you treat original veteran's that have supported this like TRIBBLE. I'm ready to close my account. how sad.

now everything I have is going to be useless unless I fork over more? your a bunch of greedy TRIBBLE...

Consider yourself lucky in the sense that you weren't as stupid as I was to buy a lifetime sub. It's not worth it & I'm done paying these people anything just to continue grinding & getting shafted for all my previous grinding. It's easier & cheaper for cryptic/pwe to shaft vets like us & make room for new players who have nothing invested in this game. Really think it's time to either walk away or start a letter writing campaign to CBS in order to get them to pull the license out from under cryptic/pwe's feet.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    teuteburg wrote: »
    Hi!

What really makes me mad is this statment in the announcment of
    the last bug-promo:

With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship [the Bug] (either from
    this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship
    capabilities at no cost.

everything else is not worth a word.....

Greetz Siegfried

All Lobi, Lockbox Ships (other then mirror ships), Reward ships and some limited time reward ships (like the Dyson ship) will have free upgrades.
  • Options
    modesto118modesto118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As a lifetime subscriber from the very beginning and someone who has spent further hard cash on ships, I have carefully reviewed this proposed T6 and T5U upgrade plan.

In summary if this goes ahead as suggested I would feel right royally ripped off!

I have spent serious amounts of money (hundreds) just for Cryptic/PWE to double dip, triple dip and now quadruple dip (Subscription, then c-store ships, then Fleet modules now T5U and T6 ships!) into my pocket for yet more cash. I understand that it is a business and they need to make money but I feel I have paid enough already and feel the lifetime I subscription I bought, when the game first came out and was not free to play, is devalued every time they introduce new paid for content.

The ‘perks’ you get with a lifetime subscription are now hardly worth it, a monthly stipend that ‘might’ cover the cost to upgrade one of your ships to an obsolete T5U ship. The ship you get, the Chimera that has already had one paid for fleet upgrade, now needing another upgrade, albeit a pointless one compared to Tier 6. All the other stuff, costumes, access to the Captains table, A couple of titles are completely inconsequential if every time I play PvP in anything less than a tier 6 ship, am going to get my TRIBBLE handed to me! In PVE rewards will also be the privilege of the Tier 6 mob also, with everyone else taking part just being filler.

I have already paid hundreds for this game and feel that in order to be fair, to people like myself who have dished out for lifetime subscriptions already I suggest the following:

1: T5U upgrades should be free for lifetime/gold subscribers.
    2: Good will gesture of increased stipend to 1000 zen for one month for lifetime/gold subscribers to assist in them obtaining tier 6 ships.

I rarely contribute to these forums but I feel strongly about this, so much so that if there is not more compromise from Cryptic/PWE I would walk away.

You've made enough money out of me, give me a break! :mad:
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »
    Wow so many pages over this ship upgrade I am having a blast reading all lol.

As far as the upgrades go I am not bitter like some of you all and yes I spent time and money getting my ships right where I want them. With the release of x2 were getting the skill revamp and moving to level 60 I expect to get a t6 ship once I am level 60.

Again am I bitter about having to upgrade my current ship no I look at it like this if I buy a new computer and a day later a new version comes out will they give me a free upograde on mine no. If I buy a new car and a week later the new model comes out will g.m give me a free upgrade on my week old car lol no.....I know your thinking this is a game ok lets say I go see a movie and a day later part 2 comes out do you really think i'll get a discount on the ticket becouse I seen part one the other day lol no......

Common gang its called progress out with the old and in with the new atleast they are going to give you the chance to upgrade your ship and yes its going to cost could be worse they didnt have to offer an upgrade at all.
    This is virtual reality NOT reality. My Fleet Elite Dual heavy cannons are just as good as when I got them. There's no wear and tear on them, they do not age. They don't depreciate like a car.
    signature.png
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The vet ship upgrade is free.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Whoopti Doo......There are ALOT of ships that get free upgrades......What about the ships we ALREADY PAID FOR?!?!
  • Options
    caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Whoo hoo I'm soo HAPPY that just one of my many ships has a free half ***ed upgrade!
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lets do some hypothetical conversation about this blog http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002133-tier-5-starship-upgrades

Blah blah. Blah insert tears and but hurt here blah blah blah
    End of conversation.

Sure we must pay 'money' to upgrade our ships we already own, I am used to it by now (I dont think it is right let that be clear). But not make our ship REAL T6 is WRONG very WRONG.

Yeah cool story bro but you people are just ridiculous ......you don't think you sound have to pay for a upgrade huh?? So let me ask if you had office 2012 and then comes office 2013 and let me guess you want that for free right ??? NO
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any T5 ship bought in Z store should have a free upgrade...cause we alrdy paid for it.

This is a game NOT a car or a refrigderator, its a game, those Ships/Ship packages cost upwards to $25 or more.

And to all of you that are bagging on Lifers and Subs...if it wasn't for us this game would have folded before F2P was even thought of. We paid/ are paying are due's to keep STO afloat and do not like being milked to pay for ships we alrdy paid top dollar for. It should be a "Thank You freebie" for supporting the game.

Betty
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    caderenard wrote: »
    Whoo hoo I'm soo HAPPY that just one of my many ships has a free half ***ed upgrade!

ok lol i should have used quotes. i was just trying to help someone who thought they had to pay for it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As other players have said, our ships are already so overpowered vs. content that 'zomg T6 moar powar!' is completely optional.

The whole "but someone else will have better stats than meeeee!" argument only applies to a small majority of players who can't sleep at night unless they are waving the biggest e-peen around.

ANY decent player knows that a proper ship skill/BOff/equipment layout, as well as knowing how to actually pilot and use those abilities, is 3 times more important than your ship stats. Get good with your ships and T6 is only icing on the cake. I mean, I like some icing... but I am happy with just the cake.

As to the OP's hypothetical convo, here is another:

Cryptic: "We're posting some events that give you free stuff, lots of extra dilithium, marks, etc.:

Forum: "It's a grind. We have to do stuff. Then we have to do it again. We hate you."

Cryptic: "Okay, well that was just the warmup. We are releasing new content, new ships, new races right after"

Forum: "It's a trick to extort money out of us. Make it all free, or we hate you more!"

Cryptic: "Well okay then, we'll make a lot of the upgrades free, AND release some cool new ships, AND allow you to upgrade your old stuff to something better for a cost - maybe not the cheapest cost, but not the most either."

Forum: "WHAT?! PAY for better stuff? Are you insane? We hate you so much now that hate just doesn't have enough letters in it to express. We need new words."

Somewhat of an exaggeration of course, but seriously people, get a grip. The whiners in here are an embarrassment, grow up and put on some big-boy pants.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah yes, the 'free' veteran ship which I got by forking over a huge amount of money to cryptic gets a 'free' upgrade to 'not entirely useless'. Yay.

Then again I suppose they don't really have any reason to not TRIBBLE over lifers, they already have our money.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zachverant wrote: »
    And to all of you that are bagging on Lifers and Subs...if it wasn't for us this game would have folded before F2P was even thought of. We paid/ are paying are due's to keep STO afloat and do not like being milked to pay for ships we alrdy paid top dollar for. It should be a "Thank You freebie" for supporting the game.
    Before FTP there was only Subscribers. Spending money was the only way you could play. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've already pumped over a 100+ into my vesta's build. I'm okay putting more into her. I don't wish to pilot any other ship tbh. To each their own. If the OP wishes not to do that, it's cool with me. But this way I don't feel forced to vacate a ship I love.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah yes, the 'free' veteran ship which I got by forking over a huge amount of money to cryptic gets a 'free' upgrade to 'not entirely useless'. Yay.

Then again I suppose they don't really have any reason to not TRIBBLE over lifers, they already have our money.

Preach it brother!
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    After reading that post I feel like I just got kicked in the balls. I know its a money grab but I have at least 11 C-Store ships that I will need to spend 5-10 bucks each on if I want to upgrade them. If they keep releasing ships I have to spend money on and then spend more money on later then whats the point of collecting ships I like to play. I dont have enough cash to pump in just to keep playing the ships I like at their best possible level. Wonder how much it will cost for Tier 7 and 8 ships when they get around to it.
    Now watch at me, i have 47 ships and 10 shuttles!:eek: 57 x 500 zen for the upgrades = 28,5k zen. fk this, i'm not going to do this again. if you consider that 1 zen=1 cent, 100 zen=$1.00 USD, 28500 zen is 285.00$ LOL....
    "they"really think we can "brick" money like a donkey.
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    modesto118modesto118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Free.....but pointess. Why bother spending time leveling up a T5U ship knowing that when you hit the ceiling, someone in a T6 ship will be surpassing you and getting ready to dish out serious punishment in PVP and bump you down to 4th, 5th, 6th, last place in PVE.
    Upgrade another T5 (Because you paid for and love the ship) and level up just to again fall well short of the those in leveled T6 ships which will no doubt be increasing in number daily, or pay to get a T6 and level it up to stay competitive?

The more I think about the more I think this whole idea is very ill conceived and will cause massive problems and upset. It is a cash cow business plan with little though for long term consequence or player enjoyment.

I love my Tac Odyssey, if this comes in it won't be worth a squirt and would be abandoned for a Tier 6, if I stayed playing the game that is.
  • Options
    awt1967awt1967 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm currently flying a n Advanced Fleet Escort and with the new levelling I know my little ship can handle what ever the Delta Quadrant throws at it. Cryptic have got it right as far as I'm concerned with the new t6 ships, you can take it or leave it and i'll be leaving them alone.

USS Samuel Vimes is ready to kick butt
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    YESSS! Someone FINALLY started a thread about T5-U ships!

Thank the maker!

Exactly! I'm surprised there aren't already at least a dozen of them!

Oh wait...
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Whatever the case may be, I'm not paying for what I already have paid for.

You are not paying again for something you already have, get that through your thick skull. None of those Galaxy ships you have been whining about will be taken from you or changed in any way and you will not be charged to keep them. You pay NOTHING for what you have.

If you want to get the Galaxy T5-U VARIANT , an entirely new ship, you can buy one and it will cost you the same amount that a Fleet variant would and it is an account wide unlock unlike the Fleet variant.
  • Options
    robynsrobyns Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Over the years I've bought quite a number of starships. While it's true I haven't played with some of them for awhile, I'm not happy with having my choice (that I paid for) of what I thought were end-game ships reduced to a few that I would now need to pay extra for in order to remain competitive.

I would recommend that Star Trek Online team reconsidered and ensured the total additional cost (if any) for those that have PAID for their ships is as minimal as possible taking into consideration the "fleets" of ships that some of us have bought from you. I'm not going to pay even 500 zen to upgrade every single ship (Federation, Romulan nor Klingon) that I've ever bought. Rather, this will lead me to spend less on any new ships (and new ship slots) and characters since I'll never know when they will be outdated as well.