Options

Tier 5 Starship Upgrades

Comments

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Ok lets be honest here for a minute:

Yes the t6 ships will most assuredly be "better" due to hitpoints and the additional boff slot,s however those will work out, but please let us have a REALITY CHECK here:

The Current elite content is no challenge for a fully geared characters no matter the ship (not talking sub endgame tier ships here obviously, though lets remember the elite stfs were done with t2 ships...).

You forget that 80% of the money this game generates is due to all those kids and rich players charging high ammounts of zen every month, and all those golden subscribers, and those players are the ones who will always want the best of the best no matter what, without even worrying about the healt or the future of the game, even if they can do all elite content with just common MKX gear. A player that actually pays for playing this game, only wants one thing -> the best ship, the best equipment, the best everything, it doesnt matter if he is actually NOT enjoying the game.

This is how these people behave, and cryptic knows that. All the changes cryptic does are focused to these people. My complain is, i am not a rich person, i am not a kid, i play to enjoy the game, and enjoying the game doesnt mean to have the best of the best. I know reasonable people will think this way, but the 80% of the rest will not. They will think "nice, a new ship, lets buy it, nice new weapons!! lets buy em!! oh wait, they cost a lot of money, well, wth who cares lets buy everything!!" lol.

And i repeat. These players are the ones who are destroying this game. Because all the bad decisions cryptic makes are based on the premise "we have plenty of money and people keep charging zen so, who cares what the player base or what bugs we have in the game, lets keep releasing stuff without worrying about everything else..". And this is the story over and over again. A lot of people complains about everything but then, they are in the same bag than these players.. so. XD. You know what i mean..
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The vet ship upgrade is free.
    This is virtual reality NOT reality. My Fleet Elite Dual heavy cannons are just as good as when I got them. There's no wear and tear on them, they do not age. They don't depreciate like a car.

I am sorry you missed my point its called progress this game has been stale the last four years and now they are adding to the end game content but I get it scream about lack of end game content and when they do add to it wait............Dont mess with my ship
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,847 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »

lol

I just find it amazing how people know it's going to be *garbage* without knowing the slightest details of what the extra goodies T6 ships will have.

Then again if you can do 50k dps in one ship and 50.001k dps in a new ship the 50k dps ship is garbage...
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I wish Cryptic would just add mirror configurations to fleet ships. The whole point of those is for the different seat configurations and now we won't be able to progress those ships to T5U because they're 'available for EC'.

You know what else is available for EC? Lockbox and lobi ships. Yes, it's 'a lot' of EC', but it still means that justification spits in the face of players everywhere.
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    risian4 wrote: »
    After having seen a lot of discussion regarding the T5 upgrade and especially whether the ships we're flying will remain as useful as they are now, I'd like to start my own thread, even though there are already many others, to get myself some attention.
    Fixed that for you.

Starting new threads about the same subject doesn't advance the discussion.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello.

You think your ship isnt useful anymore? Discard it buy a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    You are not paying again for something you already have, get that through your thick skull. None of those Galaxy ships you have been whining about will be taken from you or changed in any way and you will not be charged to keep them. You pay NOTHING for what you have.

If you want to get the Galaxy T5-U VARIANT , an entirely new ship, you can buy one and it will cost you the same amount that a Fleet variant would and it is an account wide unlock unlike the Fleet variant.

It's the same ship with slightly, but not worth it, stats. It is NOT an entirely new ship. The T6 ships are entirely new. And thank you! I'm glad I have a thick skull. That way I won't be told BOHICA and not care, just like you. Good day :)
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    lol

I just find it amazing how people know it's going to be *garbage* without knowing the slightest details of what the extra goodies T6 ships will have.

Then again if you can do 50k dps in one ship and 50.001k dps in a new ship the 50k dps ship is garbage...

You should read the blogs. They already said what the new ships will have different from the older ones.
  • Options
    robynsrobyns Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You are not paying again for something you already have, get that through your thick skull. None of those Galaxy ships you have been whining about will be taken from you or changed in any way and you will not be charged to keep them. You pay NOTHING for what you have.

If you want to get the Galaxy T5-U VARIANT , an entirely new ship, you can buy one and it will cost you the same amount that a Fleet variant would and it is an account wide unlock unlike the Fleet variant.

Totally disagree, it's the same ship that you would pay for. Only difference is that it's stats will be changed. Stats by themselves are nothing of course, it's how they compare to rest of the stats around in the game.

My problem is not that I don't want to pay for 1 or 2 ships (that I have bought meanwhile) to get them upgraded. My problem is that I have couple of Federation (each different class so I've bought them different ships), a Klingon and a Romulan character. By now I have a freakin' fleet that I have paid for and you are telling me that it's outdated and I have to pay for every single one again something in order to ensure they are to the top level that they were before. That won't simply happen, I'll rather bring my money somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    I wish Cryptic would just add mirror configurations to fleet ships. The whole point of those is for the different seat configurations and now we won't be able to progress those ships to T5U because they're 'available for EC'.

You know what else is available for EC? Lockbox and lobi ships. Yes, it's 'a lot' of EC', but it still means that justification spits in the face of players everywhere.

I'd LOVE to have the mirror skin on my Fleet Gal X. I with you there.
    signature.png
  • Options
    caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »
    I am sorry you missed my point its called progress this game has been stale the last four years and now they are adding to the end game content but I get it scream about lack of end game content and when they do add to it wait............Dont mess with my ship

For people like myself and many of my fleet mates that have a most of the C-Store ships are expected to shell out a lot money just to stay within spitting distance. That adds up to a lot of money.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    captsol wrote: »
    It's a nice gesture but Cryptic has stated time and time again that they don't listen to the forums or the players. That was likely just put there as a courtesy.

Pretty much this. But people will never get it. Newbies, mostly.

Constructive feedback?? i wonder what that means for cryptic, seriously. Because everything we say, it doesnt matter if its really useful or not, its been always ignored by cryptic. They proved it for 2 years now.
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2014

And you get this in your skull. all of our current endgame ships are now no more ENDGAME ships. We all have to pay real money to be again ENDGAME competitive. In other words, "they" stole all of our hard earned and expensively paid ships and gear. they made all what we had, now worthless!

And everyone who aquires now T6 ships and Mk XIII or XIV gear, in some near feature, "they" will nerf this too, if they feel so to do.

It makes no sense to have endgear now, because everything you buy is already outdated stuff, you just dont know it yet.
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »

Whatever you say fan boy. Come back when the shaft gets too much for you.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    risian4 wrote: »
    After having seen a lot of discussion regarding the T5 upgrade and especially whether the ships we're flying will remain as useful as they are now, I'd like to give my view on this discussion and the naivety I've seen so far.

Tier 5 ships won't remain as useful as they are. It is something not too many players seem aware of, but every time new gear is released, new traits become available or more powerful ships come into existence, the enemies in this game are improved as well.

Try doing the missions from more than one or two years ago without a warp core. Without special reputation traits. Without the newest Spire tactical consoles. You'll see that your ship will be far worse than before all these things were released. In sector space, you won't even pass warp 5 without a warp core, whereas you could easily break that barrier with impulse engines only before warp cores were here.

Or try doing a ground mission without the new kit frames that give bonuses to shields and weapon proficiency. Again, you'll find you're far less capable of doing these missions before these new kit frames were even available.

It is logical to assume that with the release of T6 ships, and their 'bells and whistles', tier 5 ships will become less able to do the missions we're all playing now. Since you can't make players more powerful and keep doing that without making the enemies more powerful.

The only solution to this would be to give T6 ships access to T6 content only. That way, players in ICE, Cure Elite and so on won't be much better and there won't be a need to improve the enemies. Otherwise, expect the enemies to become more powerful again in these missions, and expect to need a tier 6 ship in these missions if you don't want to be comparatively weaker than when you're fighting them now.

Edit: the same goes for mark 14 gear. You're going to need them in Infected and the Cure, if you want to remain as powerful as you are now with mk 12 gear.

Umm...have you even played the game? People can faceroll Elite STF's in mere minutes...people weren't doing that years ago.

The game has only gotten easier and easier as the power creep grows...
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think charging $5-$10 to upgrade a T5 to T5-U is garbage.

Agreed. If anyone does the math people are paying a sizeable amount for a character.

2500 Zen for CStore Ship - $25 Dollars
    500 Zen for FSM - $5 Dollars
    500-1000 Zen for USM - $5-$10 Dollars

Over all thats $30-$40 for a single Character Ship. Of course theres going to be people out there that are going to argue. 'But their a business!' which completely ignores all of the other means of gaining a profit off their F2P playerbase. And that its okay to double, and even triple dip.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Umm...have you even played the game? People can faceroll Elite STF's in mere minutes...people weren't doing that years ago.

This!

People whine about the current upgrades or why their ships cant be T6 because they still want to keep one-shooting Borg-Cubes...

Its not like the game will become unplayabale in your T5.5 ships... lots of Drama no foundation.

Need for Powercreep thats all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Mere minutes? You do realise the top guys are trying for a sub 1 minute ISE, mere minutes is too long these days.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just FYI...

The Upgrade is unlocked for the account. So if you upgrade the Odyssey as example your other chars have the same upgrade for free then.

BTW Charging for something new and better isnt garbage. You can get everything in game for free if you grind for it.

Dont like to grind. Pay for it.
    Dont like to pay. Just GTFO

Nothing is really for free in this world or do you really think the Cryptic Devs are just working for the lulz on this game? They need to eat aswell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    jangobladesjangoblades Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to call BS on paying Zen to upgrade ships that I paid Zen for already.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Over all thats $30-$40 for a single Character Ship.
    The upgrade is account wide. So your C-Store ship is account wide and the upgrade is account wide. The only singular cost is the Fleet Module.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have to call BS on paying Zen to upgrade ships that I paid Zen for already.

As do I. We deserve better.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    gagocash wrote: »
    And you get this in your skull. all of our current endgame ships are now no more ENDGAME ships. We all have to pay real money to be again ENDGAME competitive. In other words, "they" stole all of our hard earned and expensively paid ships and gear. they made all what we had, now worthless!

And everyone who aquires now T6 ships and Mk XIII or XIV gear, in some near feature, "they" will nerf this too, if they feel so to do.

It makes no sense to have endgear now, because everything you buy is already outdated stuff, you just dont know it yet.

You are absolutely 100% correct.
    signature.png
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My thoughts:

- I am not surprised about there being a cost for upgrading T5 ship
    -- They did not have to offer an upgrade option.
    -- I hope they reconsider and make the upgrade cost 250 zen per ship, but would also like a bundle discount for multiple ship upgrade.

- For those who do not like the new skins then use the old ones when you customize your ship.

I have to say that I am really disappointed with this community. For those who thought the upgrades would be free, all I can say is I do not know where your head is. Every MMO that is free to play comes with new better stuff that will cost something with every expansion this one is no different. How can anyone be surprised that Tier 6 ship will be better than Tier 5 and not expect them to be created with Cap being raised? Remember PWE/Cryptic is a company and they have to make money to keep going otherwise the game will have to close down if they are unable to create income to keep the developers and servers going. Also remember that the expansion is free. I really think they should charge for the expansions.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You should read the blogs. They already said what the new ships will have different from the older ones.

Yes I know...but they haven't mentioned what these specials powers or what the new type of boff abilities will really do for the ship.

If you want to take things straight from the latest blog...they haven't mentioned what the 5th mastery level T6 ships get is nor what these starship traits are.
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gagocash wrote: »

You mean just like progressing every single Tier in this entire game? Did you also complain when you reached lvl 40 and your Captian level ship was not longer top dog?

These aren't just new ships people, this is a Level increase and an entirely new Tier. Your current ships and equipment are something to be upgraded or replaced just like at every single tier in this game.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Starting new threads about the same subject doesn't advance the discussion.

I might have missed it, but I haven't seen the suggestion to restrict tier 6 ships to tier 6 content. So no, this is not another thread like all those others, it actually adds something new.

Apart from that, I felt the need to point out the scaling effect of older missions this tier 6 upgrade is likely to bring.
  • Options
    modesto118modesto118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone one know what the price of fleet modules was on the exchange after this announcement? No doubt they will be falling, rapidly. Will Cryptic/PWE still have the cheek to keep them at 500 zen in the C-store though? Despite the fact they are soon to become totally obsolete if they go ahead as planned? Probably.