new well known starship?

Comments

• beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i'm putting my money on the warship voyager :P

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Original variant of the DSD ... or ... Temporal Ship

Both have faction specific versions, both have identical stats for all factions, both have "loose" ties to the Delta Quadrant.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just posted this in the other thread, but...

Please note the announcement says nothing about the ship being free:
    To celebrate, we have a new well-known starship being released this Thursday, and then we’re going to be giving away FREE C-Store items all weekend long.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...SSSssssssccchhhlrrrrppppptk!!

I think you just drank their milkshake.

:cool:
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I just posted this in the other thread, but...

Please note the announcement says nothing about the ship being free:

Its not surprising people expect a freebie ship, Typically the Giveaways do tend to have a free ship in the mix, Though I highly doubt it would be the new one being released

I mean giving away something new for nothing? Doesn't that violate more than a few rules of acquisition?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They ran out of canon or retro concept ships, from now on its all Tier 6 invented variants of the Dyson order.

Though to be fair there are variants of older models that haven't been touched yet:

Yeager Class

Springfield Class

Challenger Class

Curry Class

Daedalus Class <-- Can make a Retro and future Variant

Freedom Class
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    They ran out of canon or retro concept ships, from now on its all Tier 6 invented variants of the Dyson order.

Though to be fair there are variants of older models that haven't been touched yet:

Yeager Class

Springfield Class

Challenger Class

Curry Class

Daedalus Class <-- Can make a Retro and future Variant

Freedom Class

Not sure about some of those, You know they used Highligter and marker pens to make some of those?

Well I guess I shouldn't be too cynical, maybe the Artists could fix them up and add detail to them that was missing from the small scale studio models
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing the T-5 Ambassador come back.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    New orleans or Akula please?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    talonxv wrote: »

Well known. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    Either Intrepid (picture is prominent) or Stargazer. Personally, I don't see the logic in the Stargazer. It is the wrong series, epoch and location. It is also not that well known apart from hard core fandom.

In either case, it is a T5 ship. Are you really going to TRIBBLE away money on T5 ship ($25) when T6 makes it thoroughly obsolete.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited August 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Either Intrepid (picture is prominent) or Stargazer. Personally, I don't see the logic in the Stargazer. It is the wrong series, epoch and location. It is also not that well known apart from hard core fandom.

Indeed. The only thing I can see going for the Stargazer is the new T6 FED cruiser design. If cryptic isn't confident that they can sell people on a fed Cruisers which isn't aping one of the more iconic hero ships from the franchise I can easily see the stargazer being used to remind people that the 4 nacells also have a pretty strong place in the franchise.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    Indeed. The only thing I can see going for the Stargazer is the new T6 FED cruiser design. If cryptic isn't confident that they can sell people on a fed Cruisers which isn't aping one of the more iconic hero ships from the franchise I can easily see the stargazer being used to remind people that the 4 nacells also have a pretty strong place in the franchise.

This is possible. But how anyone can call the Tron-tastic abomination a Federation ship is beyond me. And I thought the Avenger ... brought to you by Legos(TM) ... was bad ...
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not reading through all the pages of comments just yet, but based on past experience in seeing what Cryptic has given away in the past, my guess it's going to be the TOS Connie this time. Pretty much anyone who got their pre-order perks from 2010 have claimed their codes years ago, so it's no great loss for STO to just let everyone have access to a Connie now.

BTW, if it is the Connie, it's a perfect way to save some EC when starting up a new character. Just select the Connie, take out the TOS Phaser banks, delete Connie, get it again from Z Store, take out those phaser banks as well, and you have auto-scaling phasers to use on your ship all the way till 50 (it worked for me that way).
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I prefer the ships of sea. Akula is better than New Orleans in both cases though. :P
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014

New Orleans class

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig07/10073135t2.jpg

Akula class

http://www.model-making.eu/zdjecia/8/1/0/3399_3-auto_downl.jpg

Ok found pics of what you were asking cryptic to give us......but arent they a little old for the trekverse? :confused:
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Jot trying to offend anyone, but does anyone here even think before they post? How the hell is the constellation going to be a T6 ship? Its older than the Galaxy class, and far less powerful. Pretty sure we'll see the typhoon and Jupiter classes (maybe one or the others possibly both). They said there wouldn't be very many, and they need to have them for all 3 playable factions. So, if the typhoon and Jupiter are the possibilities for the federation, what are the possible ships for the kdf and romulan republic?
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Not reading through all the pages of comments just yet, but based on past experience in seeing what Cryptic has given away in the past, my guess it's going to be the TOS Connie this time. Pretty much anyone who got their pre-order perks from 2010 have claimed their codes years ago, so it's no great loss for STO to just let everyone have access to a Connie now.

BTW, if it is the Connie, it's a perfect way to save some EC when starting up a new character. Just select the Connie, take out the TOS Phaser banks, delete Connie, get it again from Z Store, take out those phaser banks as well, and you have auto-scaling phasers to use on your ship all the way till 50 (it worked for me that way).

And this is why you should read the posts before commenting, the new ship that's being added to the store on Thursday is being discussed, not the Free promo that will run through the weekend. Though what you have said makes sense.
    y1arXbh.png

edited August 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    This is possible. But how anyone can call the Tron-tastic abomination a Federation ship is beyond me. And I thought the Avenger ... brought to you by Legos(TM) ... was bad ...

I actually like the tron-tastic federation direction for the same reason I didn't like the Galaxy class compared to the refit constitution and excelsior until somewhat recently.

It's different (but in a way that has a recongizable style which if taken by itself presents a very interesting, non-traditional starship design.)

The problem I see is that in addition to the new look its using an unusual federation ship configuration. That's probably enough to put most people off (even the open minded ones) unless there's a none-too-subtle reminder that, hey, this is a normal layout.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Jot trying to offend anyone, but does anyone here even think before they post? How the hell is the constellation going to be a T6 ship? Its older than the Galaxy class, and far less powerful. Pretty sure we'll see the typhoon and Jupiter classes (maybe one or the others possibly both). They said there wouldn't be very many, and they need to have them for all 3 playable factions. So, if the typhoon and Jupiter are the possibilities for the federation, what are the possible ships for the kdf and romulan republic?

im just waiting for someone to say

T-6 CONNIE!!!! lol
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Can't use more than 1 set. So all you can use is 1 front 1 rear, no more.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey, your sig pic? Absolutely correct.

There is no Z-Store in this game.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited August 2014

but auto scale weapons typically are 10-15% weaker than the current tier counterpart
    sig.jpg
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    me guess constellation

i still have the saucer on my fleet heavy cruiser after the mix up a year ago would like rest of the pieces
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    My two cents on this subject:

Geko said something about adding ships in the STOked Radio interview he did a while back... he talked about breaking code branches with new expansions, and how it makes it a pain to add new ships during this period (it basically doubles their work).

That being said, my guesses:

1. Constellation-class - Unlike most everyone in here, it seems, I think this is the perfect time to release it. It has been long-promised/rumored, and (as pointed out) has been partially leaked in the game for a while. This means that the code was already in the game. Plus, there would never be a "good time" to release the ship... it's not tied to any specific region (I don't buy the argument that it MUST be tied to the Delta Quadrant somehow).

2. Intrepid-class revamp - This ship is obviously in the game already, so I suppose it makes sense to simply update it now, if there *is* to be tied to the new expansion. Call it "new," get some sales (with some assurances about upgrading it to T6 once X2 hits), build hype. However, if it will have new powers once the new expansion hits, then it doesn't make much sense to drop it now, IMO. Save it for October, pair it with the new interior, make it T6 from day one.

3. Dauntless-class - This is the dark horse, IMO. I want this ship, and I would buy it if made available... but this smells of October, even more than the revamped Intrepid.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im just waiting for someone to say

T-6 CONNIE!!!! lol

I already did :D And I stand by the assertion that if CBS lifted their ban on it being endgame material, Cryptic would make a **** ton of money off of us TOS fans. Make it a 3 pack, you have as much of my money as you want...

On subject, I am curious about the Constellation; I sadly missed out on getting the saucer back when it leaked, but it is a ship I would be interested in owning. The only issue I see would come from the IP, where by the time the Galaxy rolled in the ship was considered obsolete. I could see it being a lower tier ship, but with a large chunk of the player base sitting at max, would it be worth it financially to release a lower level ship?

I could see the Intrepid being the first Fed T6 vessel to ease us into the expansion, give us something new to play with, perhaps introduce some of the mechanics and then drop the rest at launch of DR, but I don't know if that's realistic from a balance perspective. Then again that never has been Cryptic's focus... :P
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bet it will be the Constellation, since we did not get it on Captain Picard day.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vendahra wrote: »
    I like the idea of the Dauntless. It was an alien ship that was made to look like a Fed ship through particle synthesis. Maybe we get a Dauntless with a different skin for each faction so it looks like a Fed, KDF or Rommie ship?

I know, I'm putting too much thought into it.

too much thought, and way way way too much confidence in the dev team lol..
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    My two cents on this subject:

Geko said something about adding ships in the STOked Radio interview he did a while back... he talked about breaking code branches with new expansions, and how it makes it a pain to add new ships during this period (it basically doubles their work).

That being said, my guesses:

1. Constellation-class - Unlike most everyone in here, it seems, I think this is the perfect time to release it. It has been long-promised/rumored, and (as pointed out) has been partially leaked in the game for a while. This means that the code was already in the game. Plus, there would never be a "good time" to release the ship... it's not tied to any specific region (I don't buy the argument that it MUST be tied to the Delta Quadrant somehow).

2. Intrepid-class revamp - This ship is obviously in the game already, so I suppose it makes sense to simply update it now, if there *is* to be tied to the new expansion. Call it "new," get some sales (with some assurances about upgrading it to T6 once X2 hits), build hype. However, if it will have new powers once the new expansion hits, then it doesn't make much sense to drop it now, IMO. Save it for October, pair it with the new interior, make it T6 from day one.

3. Dauntless-class - This is the dark horse, IMO. I want this ship, and I would buy it if made available... but this smells of October, even more than the revamped Intrepid.

well number two is out, since they said it is a ship not seen in sto before.. my money is on the dauntless, unless it is to be released as one of the teir 6 vessels in the x pac. I figured it would be a good way to have a t6 canon ship..

otherwise, its the constellation, however, if you take the meaning of new ship never before seen in the game, that could mean the whole class, so having another heavy cruiser would not be new to the game.. now if they said new skin, than yeah, I could see it being the constellation.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Narada?

Jellyfish?

Both from Countdown comic. :D