test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Excitement Around Delta Rising

Comments

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Eh, I don't want info on T6 anymore.

I want to know what they have planned for TIER 7 SHIPS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    2: I am really impressed by your ability to keep your hopes up on cryptic... I hope that you are right... And that you don't become disappointed...
    I'm not sure how it's impressive. I keep up with dev interviews, accidental info slip-ups and leaks. Hell, the devs have actually told us the info that they eventually "revealed" at STLV way before STLV even occurred. That info merely was wrote off by the community as "a possibility" or "something that Cryptic will never do", and my favorite, "something Cryptic said, never believe what Cryptic says". But then, after I predicted tier 6 ships, a level cap/rank raise and Delta Quadrant unlock, boom. They were revealed. What else did the devs state before? Several things about how if they do ever do tier 6 ships, they'll give us some way to retrofit our tier 5 ships.

That's why I wouldn't even call it a "hope". It's more of a strong expectation at this point.
    Eh, I don't want info on T6 anymore.

I want to know what they have planned for TIER 7 SHIPS!
    Wait till after we get the Enterprise-G first.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    When you're only spouting ad homenims, you don't have an argument. :cool:

Same goes for "When you're stretching definitions to the limit to support something with no evidence other than your own eternal optimism." :cool:
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Captain Kurland is so depressed I think he's over eating. His belly is so fat even his Odyssey buckle has gained weight. Go to Ops on DS9 and see for yourself.

Please put Kurland out of his misery in Delta Rising. And make it a Tasha Yar style death.

Captain Kurland: "Kurland here. Stop being mean alien."

Alien: "No! *pew pew*"

Kurland: "......"

Captain Shon: "He's dead! :eek:"

Admiral Tuvok: "Moving on."

This is followed by no one volunteering for the crummy job of running DS9 and Admiral Quinn appointing a janitor as station commander.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morchades wrote: »
    This is followed by no one volunteering for the crummy job of running DS9 and Admiral Quinn appointing a janitor as station commander.

This is my daily entertainment ^.6 <- a borg
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We all know that there would be Tier 6 ships, I really want to if they going to add a ship like the USS Magellan as a Tier 6 ship.

Something like this:

http://www.trekmeshes.ch/meshes/largethumbs/MAGELLANDAVIS.JPG
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wait till after we get the Enterprise-G first.
    that or the Enterprise- :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just pray that this whole thing dosent become such a giant ragefest for people that the most memorable part of it is the reintroduction of Club 47 to the new ESD..... LOL :eek:
  • spaceshipfoodfspaceshipfoodf Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everything sounds great. However I am worried about 1 thing:

Right now people that don't pay lots of money or time into the game don't have access to tier 5 ships. They are stuck at tier 4. This means when tier 6 ships come out, people that don't pay will not have access to them, and if tier 5 ships still cost real money, we free 2 play people will still be stuck with tier 4 ships, and even if tier 5 ships become free to us, we still will not be able to enjoy tier 6 ships.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Right now people that don't pay lots of money or time into the game don't have access to tier 5 ships. They are stuck at tier 4. This means when tier 6 ships come out, people that don't pay will not have access to them, and if tier 5 ships still cost real money, we free 2 play people will still be stuck with tier 4 ships, and even if tier 5 ships become free to us, we still will not be able to enjoy tier 6 ships.

When you reach level 40 you get your final choice of a free ship to claim. These ships are all tier 5. Not as fancy as a c-store or fleet ship, but its more than viable for endgame content.
    edited August 2014

Using Federation Cruisers as a shorthand, here's the tiers:

T1: Miranda/TOS Constitution.
    T2: TWOK era Constitutiion/Exeter/Vesper/Excalibur
    T3: Cheyenne/Stargazer ... and the first Excelsior
    T4: Galaxy/its other skins and the first Ambassador

T5: EVERYTHING ELSE

T6: Yet to be announced. But we saw a pic/screenshot of a T6 design for a Cruiser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Think I posted in the wrong thread earlier.

Trendy, will the special equipment packs that come in lockboxes be altered to give Mk XIV equipment and weapons when opened by a level 60 character?
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • spaceshipfoodfspaceshipfoodf Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When you reach level 40 you get your final choice of a free ship to claim. These ships are all tier 5. Not as fancy as a c-store or fleet ship, but its more than viable for endgame content.

Oh. I thought the over priced C-store and fleet ships were tier 5, well, we still will not be able to fly tier 6 ships...
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I have not bought a ship with dilithium or zen. I have several tier 5 ships from leveling and special events. My sci fed picked up one mirror sci ship from a lockbox. And I have the vet ship. I have more tier 5 ships than I need. No one is ever stuck at tier 4. I expect that tier 6 ships will have one that you get from leveling to 60.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • wroofwroof Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope to see something along the lines of the bridge commander game from star trek. a free floating fully rotating battle space with top bottom and side shields. please if you have not played this game try it out its a tad bit old but for its time its really really good. and a seat in the captains chair during battle with your bridge officers doing the booms and shakes
    edited August 2014
    sisteric wrote: »
    I expect that tier 6 ships will have one that you get from leveling to 60.

I don't expect that at all. They have moved away from ships as levelling rewards since Free to Play conversion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't expect that at all. They have moved away from ships as levelling rewards since Free to Play conversion.

I do. I never maxed my first character till after free to play. All of my Klingons characters were created after free-to-play. And all of my characters have multiple tier 5. Including my rommie.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • creohancreohan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guys, guys... I think I might have the best solution! :P
    Not sure if this was said before, since looking through 30+ pages would take a lot of time, but here's my 2 cents:

Give ALL players the option to SELL their tier5 ships for 100% of buying price!
    Make a vendor-like on each capital, where a player can get a full refund in whtv price the ship currently sells: zen/lobi or fleet creds+fleet mod. (also if they have that ship equipped/in hangar.. <remove it> and move the items in the overflow bag/mail)

In THIS way, no1... can have a logical reason to complain! If they no longer want their ship(s), they can easily sell it back for 100% refund! Ofc, that ppl that spent hundreds of $ on lockboxes to get that ship, still get a bit screwed, at least they will have the lobi crystals needed to buy something else!

Also... you might really want to add a hell lot more ships @T6 + move certain iconic ships to a FULL T6, or risk that ur T6 be a boring tier of ships. Still, by giving the player a 100% refund, you are free to move ships around as u please and u can focus on other stuff.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Of course new server being introduce for Delta Rising. I hope it can handle such a heavy player usage, hope your have scope out those issues prior. So in the Undine (8742) there will be area were we can just jump to the DQ? Are we able to explore the new sector space? Are there going to be limits set in place.

As for me I am still doing my rounds (aka daily grinds), testing new random box gear from 8742 Rep. Most of the new gear not a lot of info on it or what it does in DPS. Just what you get with Info and basic. I always compare the specs, features, damage, shields, DPS an etc. Put them to the actual fighting test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    creohan wrote: »
    Guys, guys... I think I might have the best solution! :P
    Not sure if this was said before, since looking through 30+ pages would take a lot of time, but here's my 2 cents:

Make a vendor-like on each capital, where a player can get a full refund in whtv price the ship currently sells: zen/lobi or fleet creds+fleet mod. (also if they have that ship equipped/in hangar.. <remove it> and move the items in the overflow bag/mail)

In THIS way, no1... can have a logical reason to complain! If they no longer want their ship(s), they can easily sell it back for 100% refund! Ofc, that ppl that spent hundreds of $ on lockboxes to get that ship, still get a bit screwed, at least they will have the lobi crystals needed to buy something else!

Also... you might really want to add a hell lot more ships @T6 + move certain iconic ships to a FULL T6, or risk that ur T6 be a boring tier of ships. Still, by giving the player a 100% refund, you are free to move ships around as u please and u can focus on other stuff.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

Most online games never give you back a refund, more like more gold coins but that's their call to do so. Ships come and go. You can always drop off older ships get sent to the junkyard of space. Add newer ones if you are on limited number of ships. I like to keep certain ships I started with is. Those I didn't care for get dropped!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • an672b1an672b1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We all have our concerns about Delta Rising, but I would like to post some suggestions or wishes with regard to the ships of the T6 class for the Romulans.

My suggestion for one of the T6 ships, would be a kind of a refit of the Mogai class. Since we know that Cryptic is not exactly known for his talent in designing ships, I have here some pictures found on the net, showing a ship, as it could be an evolution of the Mogai / Valdore class.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oxqbN7M3Tf...M/s1600/05.png
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9dNI6qxhzo...g/s1600/06.png
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NEJb1NRxdf...A/s1600/07.png
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j0nWyK4xaf...M/s1600/08.png

I would be interested what you think.

If we compare the appearance of the Mogai class with the appereance this ship should have, so you can already see great differences.

Star Trek Online Mogai: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.eu/ww...1365152601.jpg

Original Mogai: http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/a...3&d=1340030171
    http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/a...4&d=1340030171

There are places on the Mogai which glow, but they should not and in addition, the two stub wings at the head of the vessel are also missing...

Cryptic wants to revise the Intrepid class? They should also revise the Mogai and where we're at it, also give the D'deridex matching interiors.

P.s. This one could also be a nice desing, for a T6 ship. http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...by_Galen82.jpg
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...by_Galen82.jpg
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...by_Galen82.jpg
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/i/20...by_Galen82.jpg
    It would be better than the ships of the Ha'Nom and Ha'apax class, which do not present a good example of Romulan Desing in my eyes anyway.

Maybe one or the other proposal is indeed taken into account, or is an inspiration to the developers ...

I hope that what I wrote is understandable. English is not my native language and I use a translation program.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    creohan wrote: »

My guess is they'll go the simple option T5 ships will be upgraded witha $5-$10 Zen upgrade item.
    You'll get console/boff slot, or whatever the difference between T5/6 are.

Mostly cause I think they'll just steal the item from CO
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Excitement Around Delta Rising
    "Trepidation" would be more appropriate, given Cryptic's past history of using Holodeck as the de facto beta server. I might be more optimistic if Tribble feedback was actually incorporated into bug fixes before new feature releases, but that has not been happening, because artificial release deadlines appear to be more important than a first-class product.

Not many players will even have finished leveling the new crafting system before S10 release, when it will already become obsolete. It's not easy to be enthusiastic about having so much effort & resources relegated to insignificance so soon... :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Trepidation" would be more appropriate, given Cryptic's past history of using Holodeck as the de facto beta server. I might be more optimistic if Tribble feedback was actually incorporated into bug fixes before new feature releases, but that has not been happening, because artificial release deadlines appear to be more important than a first-class product.

Not many players will even have finished leveling the new crafting system before S10 release, when it will already become obsolete. It's not easy to be enthusiastic about having so much effort & resources relegated to insignificance so soon... :(

ummmmm, who says cryptic schedules those, ill bet you that PWE sets deadlines.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    who says cryptic schedules those, ill bet you that PWE sets deadlines.
    I only mentioned Cryptic with reference to the use/nonuse of Tribble, not the setting of deadlines... you're probably right, but with the same outcome. :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • shaskatoaderkishaskatoaderki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think this is silly. People put a lot of effort into their Heroic raid gear in WoW, yet with each expansion they gleefully leave that work behind and plunge into the next 10 levels of content, quest greens and all.

I think it IS time for a reset! Leave behind all the madness and start fresh with a new, unabashedly more powerful tier.

It's not like people don't fly T3 and T4 ships in T5 content currently anyway for more of a challenge. It's not impossible.

My biggest concern is we are getting T6 ships, but are we getting T6 content? Or T6 versions of current content?

Also, lets do the math, 7 to 10 new ships? That's not nearly enough. That's just about one choice per role per faction. (Sci, Tac, Engi, x3 factions = 9 plus what, a random carrier or BoP?). That's pretty poor.

I would vote for no dev time spent developing some 'upgrade' system for current ships, tack a few months onto release date, and spend time developing two or three options per role, per faction.

while i do agree with them needed more time i am hoping that their new ships are some what similar to the dyson style of being able to have the ships be more then just one style like the dyson science can also be a tactical which for me personally i loved cause i may be a science officer but i play mine like a tank cause that is what i like doing but is hard to even do when ships really don't fit us being diverse ,voyager was originally a science ship but she was also designed to fight like a warship if needed as she was being constantly upgraded to i would love more ships with this capability as well as i have read that other people have said it would be nice to have a way to upgrade lower tier ships up to a higher tier as it would make for a bigger diversity
  • northwardboundnorthwardbound Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pitchfork sales down 60%. Nice going Trendy.

<3

Pitchfork sales might be down; but, hype in the new Star Citizen might be increasing.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I only wish there will be an update that instead buying new powerful ships, will allow to upgrade our old ships to tier 6 ones or any tier we want. That will be the complete solution to any concern. Im really tired of levels and levels everywhere. Instead, i want to pick my old saber and upgrade their systems, maybe a little design change here and there to accomodate another forward weapon slot, some structural changes to allow the use of another console slot, for example. Thats the only thing i want, not just new ships every time. Its really ridiculous. Because this is a strategy that will never ends, and eventually players will ask emselves wth are they doing and what is the point on keep doing the same day after day just to wait an expansion that will give him just more levels of everything to do the same over and over again. What about something original and different cryptic?? like as i said, the opportunity to upgrade our old ships?? is that ever will happen?? :(
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a question. Since there was never a T5 Connie and that was a huge disappointment to a lot of players. Will there be a T6 Connie, hopefully with a MU skin? :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a question. Since there was never a T5 Connie and that was a huge disappointment to a lot of players. Will there be a T6 Connie, hopefully with a MU skin? :D

Cyptic has officially stated many times that CBS (who owns the rights to the ship) will not allow an endgame level constitution class of any kind, that means no T6 connie either, unless CBS can stop being jerks about it. :(

If you were trying to be funny, I'm sorry. A T5 connie is a touchy subject for some of us and the mere mention of it can set us off.

Edit: And to get their point across that we will never get a T5 connie, moderators have taking to deleting any new T5 connie threads from now on because they are sick of us asking about it and have already given us an answer that so far hasn't been changed. (They're also deleting any new "doom, the game is dying" type of threads also)

I think Cryptic is starting to resent us for wanting a T5 connie in the game. Sadly it isn't up to them to give us one and I'm sure some of them wish they could.