Install Arc

forum PvP is dead

Comments

• usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anybody up for a 1v1 on forums with me? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I told you once.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If I speak German, I would. ;)
    edited July 2014
    fonz71 wrote: »
    to validate my theory, in a recent thread, HoBO essentially challenged the pvp community by claiming they are the best fleet {which they are of course}.

the only people to respond to the challenge, were from a old dead fleet, where most of the players have moved on to other games, who can't\wont even field a 5v5 premade match.

3...2...1...GO!

The sad truth is most players in STO are casual players, like myself. I read here that many people use macros and have mouses, even some custom-made super expensive gaming mouse just to have that tiny little edges in PvP. I just have a plain vanilla keyboard and never used any macros. It baffles how some people seem to take this game way too seriously. Try to remember that most of us have a life outside of STO. Coming to STO to punch some HOBO and hear them QQ is our way to be entertained from those who obviously think they are better than the rest.

Alas, the problem is we are too few in numbers. I am in a mid-size fleet where every holding is completed and the Starbase is at T5 but there are only 2 people who pvp regularly and that includes myself. If both of us are on and in Kerrat, we can easily make a bunch of HOBO cry for mommy but then, HOBO has this call button that is 10X more effective than Nimbus Pirates where in a span of less than 5 minutes, a whole armada of no less than 10 HOBO ships will suddenly appear within the same Kererat instance throwing all kind of space cheese all over the place. :rolleyes: What do you want us to do with just 2 people?

I was asked recently : *Where is Iskan, your main? Does he PvP at all anymore?* The answer is absolutely, he is on a Timeship shuttle. Last weekend, one of the Admiral in our fleet who is friends with other fleet leaders organized a fun match called : *Shuttles vs. Odyssey*. So we were a bunch of shuttles attacking a single Odyssey in a private queue and it was a lot of fun. They even gave out prizes. These are just casual players and you can tell from the prizes they gave out that most pvpers wouldn't even want them but the match was fun and friendly, nothing hard core. That is what gaming is supposed to be, socializing. There were people from several different fleets, even one Klingon but we all had fun, there was no QQ or any harsh words. Everyone was courteous and polite. At the end, the other fleets have a positive impression of us and the feeling was mutual. These are fleets most pvpers probably never heard of but they form the overwhelming majority of the playerbase in STO. The hardcore PvP fleets is a tiny minority. I don't think the playerbase of STO is as young as some people think, there are a lot of people in their 30s and 40s in this game given that Star Trek the Next Generation first aired in the 80s and a lot of the young fans back then would have been in their 30s and 40s already, if not older.

The bottom line is there is a lot more to PvP in STO than just the so called 5 vs 5 premade matches. Many people organized their own private PvP in creative ways while making sure the participants have fun and they remain friends, unlike some rivaling fleet who obviously take this game way too seriously, more often than not.
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iskandus wrote: »
    The sad truth is most players in STO are casual players, like myself. I read here that many people use macros and have mouses, even some custom-made super expensive gaming mouse just to have that tiny little edges in PvP. I just have a plain vanilla keyboard and never used any macros. It baffles how some people seem to take this game way too seriously. Try to remember that most of us have a life outside of STO. Coming to STO to punch some HOBO and hear them QQ is our way to be entertained from those who obviously think they are better than the rest.

Alas, the problem is we are too few in numbers. I am in a mid-size fleet where every holding is completed and the Starbase is at T5 but there are only 2 people who pvp regularly and that includes myself. If both of us are on and in Kerrat, we can easily make a bunch of HOBO cry for mommy but then, HOBO has this call button that is 10X more effective than Nimbus Pirates where in a span of less than 5 minutes, a whole armada of no less than 10 HOBO ships will suddenly appear within the same Kererat instance throwing all kind of space cheese all over the place. :rolleyes: What do you want us to do with just 2 people?

I was asked recently : *Where is Iskan, your main? Does he PvP at all anymore?* The answer is absolutely, he is on a Timeship shuttle. Last weekend, one of the Admiral in our fleet who is friends with other fleet leaders organized a fun match called : *Shuttles vs. Odyssey*. So we were a bunch of shuttles attacking a single Odyssey in a private queue and it was a lot of fun. They even gave out prizes. These are just casual players and you can tell from the prizes they gave out that most pvpers wouldn't even want them but the match was fun and friendly, nothing hard core. That is what gaming is supposed to be, socializing. There were people from several different fleets, even one Klingon but we all had fun, there was no QQ or any harsh words. Everyone was courteous and polite. At the end, the other fleets have a positive impression of us and the feeling was mutual. These are fleets most pvpers probably never heard of but they form the overwhelming majority of the playerbase in STO. The hardcore PvP fleets is a tiny minority. I don't think the playerbase of STO is as young as some people think, there are a lot of people in their 30s and 40s in this game given that Star Trek the Next Generation first aired in the 80s and a lot of the young fans back then would have been in their 30s and 40s already, if not older.

The bottom line is there is a lot more to PvP in STO than just the so called 5 vs 5 premade matches. Many people organized their own private PvP in creative ways while making sure the participants have fun and they remain friends, unlike some rivaling fleet who obviously take this game way too seriously, more often than not.

I can't have THIS. A forum PvP thread becoming lovey duvvy!!! War I say, WAAAAAAR!!!!!
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iskandus wrote: »
    TLDR: /snipped

this is actually just supposed to be a fun 'Forum' PvP thread. somehow it filtered into a 5v5 challenge of some sorts.

in any case thanks for the response, and as naz said, "war i say"!! lol keep on keepin on :D
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Can you see me? Oh, now be honest, Captain, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends".
    "Cry havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War"
    "In space, all warriors are cold warriors"
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

These are quotes of an evul Klingun!
    These are our ruthless and vicious enemies!
    These want annihilate our Federation!

War I say, WAAAAARRRR!!!:cool:

...ermm... sry mate, but aren't half of those qoutes shakespeare quotes? just sayin lol
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Exactly! Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, probably the best Star Trek movie...:cool:

The best.. Beause of the Klingons!! :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    naz4 wrote: »
    I can't have THIS. A forum PvP thread becoming lovey duvvy!!! War I say, WAAAAAAR!!!!!

If so, can I please have a call button so that whenever I see HOBO congregating into a massive ball in Kerrat of 10+ ships ganking one or two poor Feds, I only need to press it and all of sudden an equal number of Sad Pandas will suddenly appear, herd the HOBO into a bamboo bubble gum and flush down the toilet? :)
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Start a channel and invite Feds you see in Kerrat!

Call it the "News Team! Assemble!" Channel or something

And ST 2 Wrath of Khan was the best ST movie ever!

Impossible. Ker'rat feds are allergic to teamwork.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    Impossible. Ker'rat feds are allergic to teamwork.

i'd say they just don't need it, or it's worthless to try. depends on the circumstances :D
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bah!! TRIBBLE evolution! Accept the ways of Cheezus for true enlightenment! Only with His words of

Cheezynuss can all you're sins be resolved! PRAISE CHEEZUS.....amen

Cheezus is nothing compared to our Dark Lord and Savior, Cthulhu. Only through Cthulhu may we truly be free. For sanity is a lie.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Exactly! Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, probably the best Star Trek movie...:cool:

What? I thought your favourite movie was Into Darkness , Admiral Robocop
    P58WJe7.jpg

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    edited August 2014
    What? No fire left now? All verbally pew pewed out? :P
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I too luv these kinds of threads ^^ thanks to naz and skurf for making it so popular!

to stir things up a bit; {teehee}

i still feel left w\out an answer to a legitimate question. skurf had a valid point to which an answer was sidestepped at every turn and retorted with name calling.

why can't remaining pandas fight under the banner of sad panda? why must they change their fleet tag to PvP?

that being said, although naz declared himself the winner, as the {biased} OP i declare skurf the winner!!

next match please!! but let's keep the name calling and personal attacks in opvp and not on the forums.askray has enuff to do. ty ^^

Zenith and I were trying to get a group going. That never happened. Zenith relayed the message to DevolvedOne! If he took that message wrong or got misinformation

As far as winners go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaTwGWWuc2w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjF8dyn6Ys0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmmA3F_SMXE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98wt_506904

As far as the other fleet stuff goes, that is a what it is. That has nothing to do with the core Pandas.

And as far as the NO BS3 rules match, no one was ready for it. Bieber and I started talking about 2 hours before the match switching out gear to meet the rules. MT wanted to play his sci. Naz used his old sci destroyer build that he hadn't played in a couple months. We had a back up sci in case MT needed to quick switch his tact to a bug but Mew came around.

P.S. Gloating about being the "champ" after a tourney, in our helper channel is a **** move. Considering we were banned from the tourney.

kkthxbai

EDIT: Comments pointed @ devolved. Didn't realize they removed that block from the reply.

i still feel left w\out an answer to a legitimate question. skurf had a valid point to which an answer was sidestepped at every turn and retorted with name calling.

why can't remaining pandas fight under the banner of sad panda? why must they change their fleet tag to PvP?

Never once did anyone in Pandas tell other Pandas not to do a match. You can ask Zenith and other Pandas. I pushed for those matches. There simply isn't enough on at the same time. I don't give two ****s of a ****s smelly ****ing hole about losing as long as it's fun. Nor does DevolvedOne have a leg to stand on. He's simply making **** up that he can't backup.

It should also be added, that question was answered more than twice in this thread.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You are the biggest ****ing dumbass mother****ing drunkass dip**** TRIBBLE this game has ever seen. You can't ****ing remember what happened yesterday, much less a year ago. Your ****ing ****drunk reply about zenith messaging me and me making **** up has already been disproven by a Sad Panda (Min) in this very thread admitting that the current Pandas were not allowed to play against us because you're all a bunch of ****ing pussass mother****ers. Go shove that empty vodka bottle sitting on your desk up your TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE in it, and eat your own **** you ****ing stupid **** of a ****ing **** **** mother****ing ****face dip**** alcoholic dumbass piece of ****.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, there goes the thread. Nice while it lasted.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Never ever has any Panda been told by anyone to not play a match. Not sure how many times that needs to be retyped.

There are not enough remaining pandas to put together consistent teams right now. Retyping it again here.

If you want to fight the people that are left in the game... ask those that care to bother with such things. You know who they are. They won't have a 5 man panda team. I'm sorry but there just aren't 5 pandas in the same timezone right now. Pandas isn't a invite any game friend you have style fleet... all members are voted on by ALL Panda members.. so adding more while 90% of the fleet is on hiatus is a no go. Hence why a few people have decided to do side project stuff... myself all but one of my toons right now are in critz leveling the critz base why not PvP is sort of a joke right now.

Really not sure why you guys give a Sh*t if we strap on a Panda tag on 5 players to fight you. Perhaps you should just dress up your boyfriends in Panda outfits and have at it. You can yell nazs name or something if that gives you relief.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    You are the biggest ****ing dumbass mother****ing drunkass dip**** TRIBBLE this game has ever seen. You can't ****ing remember what happened yesterday, much less a year ago. Your ****ing ****drunk reply about zenith messaging me and me making **** up has already been disproven by a Sad Panda (Min) in this very thread admitting that the current Pandas were not allowed to play against us because you're all a bunch of ****ing pussass mother****ers. Go shove that empty vodka bottle sitting on your desk up your TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE in it, and eat your own **** you ****ing stupid **** of a ****ing **** **** mother****ing ****face dip**** alcoholic dumbass piece of ****.

Thanks.

You misunderstood Brandon, period.

At no time did we SAY Pandas are not allowed to do a match.

Not sure why you keep making that story up, but kk.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited August 2014

POPCORN

el o el
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welp, this thread is about to be closed. It was a good run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited August 2014
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Welp, this thread is about to be closed. It was a good run.

Your right.. dude. ;)

greetings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
    edited August 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    Why is it so important which fleet someone is in? Who cares if the opposing team is called pandas, grizzlies or vegemite-loving koalas?

The only reason that I can imagine to get so upset about the fleet name of an opposing group is a desire for bragging rights ("We beat a full xyz premade!"); otherwise it shouldn't matter what they are called as long as it is a good fight.

No more chances of being a Go Go basement Ranger? No chance to ever get a real one up on us? I think thats been playing on a devolved mind too much and that mind just cant face the fact.
    He wasn't good enough when he first mouthed off in the Panda Cubs channel. He thinks he's good enough now but cant face the reality that there's no one left to "prove" it to.
    brandonfl wrote: »
    now you've killed the thread :p

also, I sent you a message in game, guess you didn't get it, but of all the old guard Pandas, Naz is the least likely to turn down a fight he thinks he might lose. oh, and about that match not happening. it went down like I told you, but Naz had nothing to do with it.

Thats what Min said in this very thread just to make sure a devolved mind doesn't forget or get confused.

Really not sure why you guys give a Sh*t if we strap on a Panda tag on 5 players to fight you. Perhaps you should just dress up your boyfriends in Panda outfits and have at it. You can yell nazs name or something if that gives you relief.

So now you're making me into a PvP cheerleader who can be fantasised about? Really? haven't you bashed me enough?

God i can just imagine a devolved mind actually dressing up a doll and going "I am the best, I am the best. Whose your daddy Naz? C'mon say it to me. Whose your daddy?"

I got a serious question though, when you were creating your toon name Skurf, did you actually want it to be called devolved or evolved?

In the same way i helpped Ivanspamtheterrible, i'll help you by getting the Oxford dictionary translations for you.

Evolve - (With reference to an organism or biological feature) develop over successive generations as a result of natural selection

Devolve - Pass into (a different state, especially a worse one); degenerate

Based on the above translations, I think you even screwed up with your own toon name. Is that correct?
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Naz you are too evolved for us :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014

All i thought when i saw this was..... This

Even better yet, This

Listen go go basement ranger, if you cant take the heat, dont jump into the fire. You seem to get burnt every time when things don't go your way and then do something stupid to get threads closed. Thats you're finishing move.
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2014
    arent we about done here guys.

i think this is enough.
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nb4 the lock.

Also, Zamorak above Skurf, at first I was enjoying the thread, but you REALLY need to take a chill pill about this whole thing and calm down.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh noes, attack of the asterisks! Close the thread! Your poor little Feddie eyesss!

Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
This discussion has been closed.