test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (no; that isn't life, that's legal torture)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OOC: Oh. Well... I don't exactly feel tortured. Except for band.... ugh, band.
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (OOC: Band is torture??!!! Something must be wrong with the universal translator. (hits the commbadge on the wall))
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    edited October 2014
    OOC: Marching band practice. That is torture. If you miss one practice, they make you run four or more laps around the field, and for most band nerds... THAT IS INCREDIBLY HARD!
    edited October 2014
    OOC: Anyone ever play Mortal Online?
    edited October 2014
    (OOC: Nope, MMOs i have played, City of Heroes, Champions, Neverwinter, RIFT*, EVE, SWTOR*, Secret World, and STO*)
    Ancient Griffon insult

edited October 2014
    OOC: Eh, I'm downloading it. It's one of those free to play, open world, sandbox, 'hope of the future' MMOs. I got into it because the combat looks interesting and the magic as well. Also, they let you mix races together.
    edited October 2014
    (i'd only check it out if it had one of the following: playable werewolves, sanguimancy or necromancers/necromancy as a class choice or usable magic school)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited October 2014
    (OOC: then explain STO, shadow?)
    Ancient Griffon insult

edited October 2014
    (star trek

and i'm talking about fantasy games anyway - those are a dime a dozen; sci-fi games are not)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    OOC: It doesn't use classes; there are no werewolves, but they do have some interesting unique races; and necromancy is possible, but you have work with attributes, skills, and maybe find a necromantic guild to get a title like 'Necromancer'. Just look it up.
    edited October 2014
    (actual necromancy? like i can raise an undead army from the corpses of enemies and keep them out permanently?)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    OOC: I do not really know; I read 'commune with the dead' in one of the magic explanations (Which was very short in the combat section, I believe.). One of the reasons I'm downloading the game is to research it's magic, necromancy, elements, and the like. I would be very happy if necromancy worked the way you hope, but I doubt it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,456 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    (I play STO, Defiance, some Neverwinter, and once in a blue moon TOR, although the update times for TOR suck.)

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2014
    Maria: It'll be okay, dear. You love him, right?
    edited October 2014
    (yeah, not many fantasy games even have necromancy, let alone good necromancy, and even fewer have playable werewolves

i'd kill for a game that had all of that, plus decent blood magic; i.e. powerful blood-based magic that costs health instead of whatever the magical resource of fantasy game x happens to be)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    (yeah, not many fantasy games even have necromancy, let alone good necromancy, and even fewer have playable werewolves

i'd kill for a game that had all of that, plus decent blood magic; i.e. powerful blood-based magic that costs health instead of whatever the magical resource of fantasy game x happens to be)

OOC: Yeah, only real hope for things like that is console games, because 'good necromancy' means OP to sh*t.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,456 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Yes...

Mrs. Jade: Life changing things are always scary Krys. Throws everything you know on its head.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    OOC: Yeah, only real hope for things like that is console games, because 'good necromancy' means OP to sh*t.
    (not necessarily...diablo 2 managed it very well)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    Maria: If you love him, there' nothing really to be scared about. Now, what your mother is saying is true. Getting married, in the act, is frightening, because it means change. But, you live for change, you make change, you live with change. What you need to do is go out there and get this over with. Like ripping off a band aid.
    edited October 2014
    (Before they patched it, being a Paladin teamed up with a Necromancer meant I hardly got to do anything but provide Defiance Aura. My friend's skeletons always killed everything before I even got a chance to fight.)

Or Vega Colony...
    *Takes a deep breath*
    How do I look?

Mrs. Jade: Like a nervous wreck.
    edited October 2014
    (not necessarily...diablo 2 managed it very well)

OOC: Never played Diablo 2, but from my understanding, the Diablo series is not actually an MMO. Mainly, because it's a series. Balanced in Diablo is entirely OP in a actual MMO.
    edited October 2014
    (i'm not talking about MMOs, i'm talking about fantasy games in general

i actually prefer singleplayer games, because they can usually be modded, so if a feature you want isn't included with the base game, you can add it - modifiable code permitting)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    (i'm not talking about MMOs, i'm talking about fantasy games in general

i actually prefer singleplayer games, because they can usually be modded, so if a feature you want isn't included with the base game, you can add it - modifiable code permitting)

OOC: I was talking MMO. But yeah... necromancy is really underrepresented. Mainly because it doesn't pander well to the common media, because common media is Christian and... people raising dead people back to life to be meat slaves doesn't really correlate well with Christian beliefs.
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    (Before they patched it, being a Paladin teamed up with a Necromancer meant I hardly got to do anything but provide Defiance Aura. My friend's skeletons always killed everything before I even got a chance to fight.)

Or Vega Colony...
    *Takes a deep breath*
    How do I look?

Mrs. Jade: Like a nervous wreck.

Maria: Should we get her some more chocolate?

*She raises an eyebrow jokingly.*
    edited October 2014
    (player-usable demonic magic is even worse, but that's far more represented than necromacy in fantasy games

in fact, magic itself doesn't pander to christians at all, because unless it's coming from one of their saints, it's all evil)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2014
    Mrs. Jade: No... just point out that the cake is chocolate.
    Krystal: Mooooooom...
    Mrs. Jade: At least I'm not harassing you about grandchildren.
    Krystal: MOM!
    Mrs. Jade: *smiles* You look lovely dear. Although...
    Krystal: Although... what?
    Mrs. Jade: The dress. Yous beautiful, but I never pictured you wearing anything close to it when you did get around to being married.
    Krystal: I blame dad's influence.
    Mrs. Jade: I blame him all the time.

(Witch Doctor in Diablo 3, magic users in War Craft (stupid thing accepts other games from Blizzard...)...)
    edited October 2014
    (player-usable demonic magic is even worse, but that's far more represented than necromacy in fantasy games

in fact, magic itself doesn't pander to christians at all, because unless it's coming from one of their saints, it's all evil)

OOC: No, that's the vocal Pentecostal Christians. Most Christians like the idea of fantasy magic. Example, me.
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Mrs. Jade: No... just point out that the cake is chocolate.
    Krystal: Mooooooom...
    Mrs. Jade: At least I'm not harassing you about grandchildren.
    Krystal: MOM!
    Mrs. Jade: *smiles* You look lovely dear. Although...
    Krystal: Although... what?
    Mrs. Jade: The dress. Yous beautiful, but I never pictured you wearing anything close to it when you did get around to being married.
    Krystal: I blame dad's influence.
    Mrs. Jade: I blame him all the time.

(Witch Doctor in Diablo 3, magic users in War Craft (stupid thing accepts other games from Blizzard...)...)

Maria: It's always the father's fault. Take that into mind, dear.

*She smiles.*
    edited October 2014
    (correction: it's always the man's fault, even when it isn't)

#LegalizeAwoo