test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Nick: *asleep, his badge chiming nearby. He reaches out and taps it, taking the call* Captain O'Connor here... who is it and what do you need?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,902 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Jakara: you really want it don’t you?

((also not sure if jorin would be considered part of the task force.))
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User
    Henha: This is Captain Henha, reporting as requested. *she responds over the comms*

Jessica: I hope I'm not that late, the Verity class is well known for being large, it took me a bit to reach the bridge.

T'Lera: Alright. *she nods gently*

(I mean Garak might be a good guy, but he does seem pretty slimy at times*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (garak is a genuinely good person who has been forced to do horrible things in his life that he feels remorse and guilt over - we've seen examples of this in that one DS9 episode where he kept trying to kill himself and even in the tal shiar/obsidian order team-up two-parter

contrast that with someone like drake, who feels absolutely NO remorse whatsoever for what he does...HE is the one who would have a slimy aura to people sensitive enough to feel it, not garak)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Briana: Yeah, I do *grins at Jakara, stopping walking forwards and walking over to her, wrapping her arms around her neck*

Nick: *waiting for a response, still half asleep in his bed*

(Well technically aren't Jorin and his Mandalorians, mercs? To be part of the taskforce I think Starfleet may have to approve it first. Or krystal specifically asking him to join)

(And yeah, I'm with shadow on this one about Garak)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (so is garak going to contact alex too or what?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (Well I was waiting for Tala to connect everyone to the communication. Unless you think Alex should be called in separately to the call)
  • Options
    (well, yes, given he isn't a member of TFJ anymore, just a liason)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (As you wish then.)

Garak: *looks off the screen for a second, nodding his head as if he's listening to someone* if you will give me a moment, I'm told I should invite our allies here separately. I'll join back in here momentarily. *he puts the hail with TFJ on hold and hails Alex's ship*
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    *alex's XO, upon receiving the hail and seeing who it's from, reroutes it to the lupine's ready room, where said lupine sets his PAW down and activates the room's holoscreen*

alex: councilor garak, i presume this isn't a social call? from what i've read about you, you aren't much given to frivolous chit-chat when there's work to be done, and with the situation in the gamma quadrant with the dominion and the hur'q...there's much work to be done

(i figure something as advanced as a wells would have something significantly larger for receiving calls than one of those tiny desk computers like the one seen in first contact on the big E without necessarily being bulkier since most of it would just be a holographic display rather than a physical one)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    (Wouldn't an officer be telling Nick about the call from Exeter or is Tala being routed directly to his quarters for some reason?)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (Blame one of the Lieutenants up on the bridge, they have no idea what it's about. I doubt Romani would be on the bridge to take it since she's kinda the first officer, and Raneson isn't back on the ship so they just directed it to him. It's to his combage which was nearby.)

Garak: I am about to do a briefing with Admiral Jade's taskforce. Would you care to join the hail so I can avoid doing separate briefings? We may not have a lot of time to waste with such formalities.
  • Options
    alex: i was wondering if you were going to ask me to be part of this mission of yours since i'm not actually a member of the alliance anymore *his eyes narrow in thought* but i'm sensing that maybe this isn't actually an alliance-sanctioned mission, correct?

(which, given the dialogue for it...i think it was more a personal thing for garak that he just dragged odo, kira, the dominion vanguard and the player along for)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Garak: this is an alliance sanctioned mission and we need all the help we can get. You can sit through the briefing and decide if you want to take this mission or not. I'm sure there will always be others to protect the alpha quadrant.

(The briefing for the mission says it's an alliance mission)
  • Options
    (well, givent he mission is about hauling quark's TRIBBLE out of the fire, i don't see why that would be considered an alliance problem)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I'd worry about that later and just actually hear the briefing.)
  • Options
    (do you even know how the briefing is supposed to go? like, do you have access to a computer that you can check things with yet?)

alex: of course i'm going to be there - whatever the reason for this mission, every hur'q dealt with during it means one less ravaging the galaxy​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (The briefing is available as transcript from the STO wiki, which I can access via my phone)

Garak: that's the spirit! I'll see you there. *cuts the communication and returns to the other*
  • Options
    (too bad the entire mission's dialogue isn't...cryptic should really provide those)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I think some of the older missions have that)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Tala: Ok... this is a bit awkward... Captain... we got a conference call so... might want to get cleaned up. Garak's on the line.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User
    (I forgot my Jem'Hadar was there too, Kurata'Zun is also in the conference call)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    (I guess unless some one mentions jorin he may not be joining cuz he has no idea what’s going on)

Jakara: isn’t there a briefing you should get to?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Briana: that's for ship captains or senior staff. I'm just a Commander that's gonna be going on an away team. *kisses jakara's cheek* we got some time.

Nick: you're only hearing my voice, not seeing my current state.... *yawns, getting up and looking at Gaia* be back later, love. I have Starfleet stuff. Love ya, Gaia *starts to get dressed*
  • Options
    Jakara: so... like here? *looks around*
  • Options
    Briana: I don't think we can get away with it in sickbay. Maybe just carry me back to our quarters
  • Options
    *and alex goes back to reading until the meeting starts* (start soon)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jakara: I have a better idea. *picks briana up and opens a portal walking thru it.*
  • Options
    (um...did they mess with something again? all the stuff in my signature suddenly looks...bigger)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *holds onto Jakara, looking at her* where are we going?

Nick: *gets into uniform, making sure his pips and badge are correctly in place* alright. O'Connor to bridge, I'm on my way.