What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: As I said...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*squirts briana with lemony stuff*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    (No response to Ellvat?

Jessica: teach them what?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Briana: Yeah... that sounds like her.... *Quietly looks over everything* So what is the point of showing me this?.... trying to put some kind of existential fear into me? or did you just really want to show this off?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    you were curious when i brought the name up, remember? and i wanted you to see how close the universe nearly came to being destroyed, and even how close your adoptive mother nearly came to dying here, as did all of us...frankly, with how close some of us came, i'd sooner not remember these events again, but i'll never be able to forget them - that's the curse of an eidetic memory *alex responds as his past self gives orders for the taskforce to enter the rift in the background, among other discussions*

(plus, you weren't here for any of this, so unless you read through the entire thread like a loon before introducing yourself, anything alex or anyone else said about it would've been a total unknown otherwise...remind us to bring up the reapers and collectors at some point, too)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Amara: *sighs and looks up into the sky* Whatever happens Ell... I'm here for you. *looks back at Ellvat* And who knows... maybe might Light and your... whatever it is now... will make one helluva combination. Maybe we'll find a balance.
    *thinks for a moment*
    I do remember finding some odd reports in a Cabal base though. Something about a leader looking for the Traveler. Couldn't really get any details as I usually ended up in a firefight shortly after finding it. Could be nothing. I don't know.

Anyways... come on. Lets get back to the Maximal base before those Predacons find us. As much as I would love to have that... what was his name again? Waspinator? Yea that's it... as much as I want him for target practice again... probably best we regroup with everyone, and the Maximal base is most likely it. Also... I kinda left my food there, and I'm kinda hungry. How about you?
    Krystal: Might see Exeter take a bad hit. I remember we lost a warp nacelle. But... honestly a lot of the battle is kinda fuzzy for me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (oh, and i goofed on the spear of adun's size a little...it's 74 km, not 70)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Nyssa: Ma, please. We are in the past, so we will learn soemthing. Like why there is 2 moons?

Rose: Yeah, hadnt figured that one out yet. Have you heard of transforming robots?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    Briana: *Goes over and gives krystal a hug*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    *alex walks over and gives her shoulder a comforting squeeze* you nearly lost the exeter several times, mainly to scourges - it was just quick targeting on all our parts that managed to save the ship, along with so many others, while hundreds more weren't so lucky...those scourge waves is where we lost the biggest number of all the ships we lost from the 5,000 or so we sent into the void​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *nods and closes her eyes* I really was a mess at the time.
  • Options
    i swear i was running on pure adrenaline from the moment the first scourge wave appeared all the way to kerrigan's transformation - my heart was going at like 250 BPM​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *still hugging krystal* I'm so sorry you had to go through this, mom.... this is just.... *shakes her head* Something i could never imagine... I'm sorry you all had to go through this...
  • Options
    Krystal: Hey... I'm still alive. Got a few scars, but still alive.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    it was either that, or risk the attack failing...and as my future self said, i wasn't about to let some egotistical megalomaniac with a god complex purge all life in the galaxy and remake it in his own image *as alex speaks, the ship slowly makes its way deeper into the rift, finally reaching the center where the spear of adun is waiting, along with the terran, protoss zerg and 26th century imperium forces*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: I have my fair share of mental scars from other stuff.... *Sighs* I'm glad you made it out alright mom.... I'm glad all of you did...
  • Options
    *alex glances out the viewscreen* oh, i remember this...my future self's about to transport over to the spear of adun, along with krystal, my past self, rakesh, both matthews and cartwright (the others all remained on their ships, as i recall) so be ready - when he *alex points at his past self* transports over, we're all gonna be yanked along with him, since you can't be more than a few dozen feet away from the one whose memory this is​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: This should be fun.... *lets go of krystal* So.. is this gonna be the last memory? or are there going to be more? i did kinda wanna have my breakfast...
  • Options
    it isn't, but we can stop after this one if you like...those were mainly just going to concern the fighting in space, since i wasn't on the ground, so we can't really see that - you should at lest finish this one, however, because the portal opening is...well, it's something to behold *and just at that moment, past!alex flames off the bridge of the indomitable and alex, briana and krystal all find themselves being yanked to a spot aboard the spear of adun, along with past!krystal and everyone else mentioned above*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: Yeah, lets just finish this one.... I wanna have my tea while it's still hot... Plus me and Romani have to think of a way to jury rig an EV suit for me since I'm like this at the moment...
  • Options
    Jamie: yeah we've heard a bit. But I don't remember anything about two moons.

Ellvat: I suppose I could use some food. *She scratches her head*
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Krystal: *pays more attention to her "shadow" than anyone else* Huh... that's what I look like from behind? *circles the memory image* And... wow... I do get a bit more... um... *gestures at her figure* Yea.
    Amara: *smiles and comes closer to Ellvat* Come on Ell... it may not be a home cooked meal, but its better than nothing. Hell... its actually better than the field rations we got back home.
  • Options
    Briana: its weird seeing a past version of yourself in front of you, huh?.... same level of weird as seeing an alternate universe version of yourself... Both have happened to me before... *chuckles to herself awkwardly*
  • Options
    Ellvat: Field rations weren't too bad. But yeah real food is nice.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Briana: *Walks over next to krystal* So how much more is left of this? *looks over to Alex*
  • Options
    oh, time slows down a bit while you're viewing a memory, so don't worry about your food being cold *alex says as he watches his past and future selves, the latter of which is already with raynor, kerrigan and artanis developing a plan for once they get into the void, as krystal shows up* (it doesn't stop entirely, otherwise neither dumbledore nor snape would've caught harry rooting around in their memories

also, i'm just gonna copy-paste the things that were said verbatim from back then, since it'll be faster than trying to have rattler, west and rose try to remember things they said almost a year ago...i will, however, be editing some of the dialogue to flow a bit better, because some of it was kind of...awkward and cringy

also...MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING! as i merge dozens of posts together and add extra bits here and there)
    Krystal: Wow... This... is one helluva setup...

*future!alex and raynor both look up* i see you made it; welcome to the Spear of Adun, one of the marvels of protoss engineering, one of three arkships constructed at the height of their civilization as a guard should catastrophe befall it...this is the only remaining one *future!alex replies in greeting*

Cartwright: *being with past!alex* So where do you want us?

future!alex: in space, where you all can play to your strengths as ship captains; if there's any ground fighting to be had once we enter the void, we'll *he motions with a paw to indicate artanis, kerrigan, raynor and himself* handle that

raynor: just like old times *he speaks up, his smooth voice with a hint of southern USA accent echos across the cavernous ship as he turns to krystal* welcome to the party, miss...?

Cartwright: *speaking in the interim* I am more a paper pusher then a ship captain now. We also have someone with us, that might be able to help you on the ground. She is after all, an Aspect of the Winter.

Krystal: Admiral Krystal Jade, United Federation of Planets. *offers Raynor a handshake* I think I like you already.

*raynor takes her hand in his rough, calloused one and gives it a firm shake* if even half the things this old dog *he jerks a thumb on his free hand at future!alex* has said about you are true, the feeling is mutual

future!alex: hey! watch who you're calling old, grandpa - you have more grey hairs than i do!

*everyone except artanis and kerrigan snicker at the banter, though the latter can be seen trying to suppress a smirk*

Krystal: *nods after getting hold of herself* Well... my crew and I seem to have a rep for weird so... lets see what we can do.

raynor: weird pretty much describes the past eight years for me; sometimes i wonder what things would've been like if the zerg had never come to mar sara all those years ago...

Cartwright: Depends on how you view life. Russians view life as a series of disasters and obstacles, so if anything changed, they would say it would be worse.

future!alex: if stukov were here, he'd probably agree with that...as infested as he may be, he's still russian at his core

*just then, Jessica, Oculus and Ekarn arrive at the meeting, having heard the tail end of alex's statement*

Jessica: Stukov?

future!alex: a former vice admiral of the united earth directorate, whom i mentioned previously; he was killed by narud shortly before they captured the second overmind gestating on char back when he was in the form of samir duran and his corpse-*alex starts to say before he's interrupted as the very subject walks up*

Alexi Stukov: "Let's recap—I was betrayed and killed, shot into space, captured by the zerg, resurrected and infested, cured, given to Moebius to research the protoss cure, and was instead experimented on as the cure slowly failed. Everyone up to speed? Good."

Krystal: Note to self... Remain Trill.

future!alex: well, we've got a mostly solid plan in place, so i think it's time to wrap this-*he starts to say before being interrupted again, which annoys him greatly*

Cartwright: Excuse me, you haven't answered my question yet - Do you need any more heavy hitters, planetside?

future!alex: IF there's any ground combat to be had, our forces plus myself should be able to handle it - but rose should be ready to hit soil at a moment's notice in case we need cryo support

Oculus: What about the rest of us? We do have other so-called heavy hitters.

future!alex: if need be, you can join the ground assault as well...but if it reaches a point where multiple juggernaut boots are on the ground, the assault is probably about to fail horribly

Cartwright: Adm Jade, I'd suggest you allow Oculus and whoever wants to be groundside be groundside. I'd rather have them down there and be useless then up with us and wishing they were down here.

Krystal: Sounds good to me.

future!alex: if there's nothing else, let's open the gate

Jessica: I think that's all.

Cartwright sighs: Varyag, one to beam up *and he vanishes in a swirl of transporter particles*

Krystal: *reaches for her combadge, but stops and looks at the group* I guess this is it then. Guess there isn't much left to say other than an Ancient Egyptian blessing, which is oddly fitting considering where we're going.

future!alex: i'm sure artanis and kerrigan each have their own blessings they'd care to impart before we open the portal but let's hear yours first

Krystal: "May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk."

Artanis: Taro ruul asz ("May honor guide us")

Kerrigan: There is no blessing sufficient for what we are about to face...fight well, fight hard, and fight with every last ounce of strength you possess, for if we fall here, our reality will burn under Amon's hatred and rage.

future!alex: o...kay *he says hesitantly after kerrigan finishes* that was a little...dark - anyway, which god? the ancient egyptians had several

Krystal: *shrugs before beaming out*

*Jessica and the rest beam out, along with cartwright*

*rakesh and both matthews also beam back to their respective ships*

*as all their various memory selves transport back to their ships, present!alex pipes up* they're about to open the portal...go feast your eyes on ulnar​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: alright... *looks around* where at?
  • Options
    out one of the viewports looking at the megalith​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *nods and walks over to the viewport* I hope you're not overhyping this...
  • Options
    i'm not *he says as future!alex sighs and mutters* si vas pacem, para bellum...come on, let's open the gate *he beckons artanis and kerrigan, who move to stand at an angle to him and each other, forming the points of a triangle as they each begin to channel large amounts of psionic energy, their eyes starting to glow a bright gold, blue and purple respectively as the psionic energy starts arcing between them and quickly coalesces into a maelstrom in the center

outside the spear of adun, the pyramidal top portion of ulnar suddenly splits from the rest of the structure and rises away, the body then splitting into three pieces and maneuvering into place around the top portion which is forming the center of the portal, two smaller arms splitting off each of the larger segments as space begins to twist and distort between them, looking as if a realm of blood and darkness is bleeding through the overwhelming brightness of the alterian rift, the trifecta of gate segments now arranged around the central piece with the main parts all pointing toward it and the smaller arms forming a circular sort of pattern, a bright light emanating from the central portion and glowing brighter by the second before everything vanishes in a blinding flash, leaving behind the fully opened planet-sized portal to the void, looking for all the world like a large, gaping wound in the fabric of reality as the combined fleet of 5,000 strong begins moving toward it*

(and for what took me several hours to explain that in reality only takes about 2 minutes and 46 seconds to see...definitely watch that; the music alone is worth it - at least to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4cWyA_Us8 )​​

#LegalizeAwoo