test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To Boldly Dance....like a puppet on a string^^

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would only be speculation, but perhaps Cryptic is tired of supporting STO - all the complaints - the lack of appreciation - and would be more than happy to have everybody leave the game. They could say they tried - they gave it their best shot - but other games have fallen before...dookie happens. They could put STO behind them - move on with their lives...

Put their goose that lays golden eggs behind them because of complaints........you really think? :P
    I'm pretty sure they'd hold to STO as if it's the last straw of hope for them as long as they possibly can.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Put their goose that lays golden eggs behind them because of complaints........you really think? :P
    I'm pretty sure they'd hold to STO as if it's the last straw of hope for them as long as they possibly can.

Don't know about that...kill off Champions - kill off Star Trek Online...do Neverwinter and...

http://crypticstudios.com/in_development

http://crypticstudios.com/openings

Notice all the Seattle there? That's Runic Games territory rather than Cryptic territory down in California.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    here another idea the option to turn off/on all character idle animation i dont use emo that much anyways so ya what every one else think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    your DB takes control of my toon so IN MY HEAD yes it is if i want to dance guess what i will go to a club or bar or use /dance my self if you want to play puppet master and make ppl dance fine ok let me have the option to turn it off

Capitalized and highlighted the important part there.

You're welcome.:cool:
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2014
    What do I think?
    I think that the development crew is running out of ideas and would risk copy right infringement just to keep that flow of materials. The seasons have been getting smaller and smaller and the latest season seams more like a revisit to the fluid space people. Must've been either rework an old idea, or go idea hunting in the world of video games. Thus we get our defective device from 2007.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    What do I think?
    I think that the development crew is running out of ideas and would risk copy right infringement just to keep that flow of materials. The seasons have been getting smaller and smaller and the latest season seams more like a revisit to the fluid space people. Must've been either rework an old idea, or go idea hunting in the world of video games. Thus we get our defective device from 2007.

No doubt because more of their time is being devoted to the next expansion due out later this year. Until then, don't expect much other than an event or two and some store updates.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    +1

Actually now that I see this...maybe they could start doing Party Amplifiers like the poppers, with new ones released at certain events with certain effects. LOLnut Party Amplifiers that incite "beach surf party barbecue" activities like doing the limbo near a campfire for another example.

Add that with a client-side opt-out and I think it'd be possible to make both sides so happy it would be dangerous.

Not a bad idea.

A special KDF one that plays Klingon Opera while everyone does their martial arts exercises....

A tribble one that makes everyone curl up into a ball and shiver while purring...

The list is endless.

Give us a personal opt out and everyones happy.
  • th1rt33nukth1rt33nuk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about people stop having their fun by standing perfectly still in a public area? Then the discoballs won't affect their avatar at all. If your idea of fun is standing still in Quark's or w/e, perhaps it's not the tragedy you claim that it's "ruined" by something so innocuous as a different idle animation...
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The avatars are not the issue.

Nope, for the most part people who can equate an in-game disco ball with things like sexual assault seem to be.

Prophets, give us an opt-out and be done with. Please. Priority level? Opt-Out > > > > Expansion 2.
    rinkster wrote: »
    Not a bad idea.

A special KDF one that plays Klingon Opera while everyone does their martial arts exercises....

A tribble one that makes everyone curl up into a ball and shiver while purring...

The list is endless.

Also, you could get "Amplifier Wars" going on as those who haven't opted out start to theme areas a certain way, then another decides the whole [wherever] would look better sitting passing flowers than singing Klingon opera, then someone else thinks doing the Fetal Tribble would be better...

I think those would seriously work. But the potential for offense skyrockets also, pretty much making the opt-out function mandatory along with the rest.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Not a bad idea.

The list is endless.

I want a Grummelnet brand Groovatron... Soothing disco music, no incoming plasma fire, bliss.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still don't see what the big deal is. My only concern is that the dance emotes are so limited - there needs to be a major overhall with more disco moves added:P

Risa this year is going to be very interesting - get out and do your disco spamming part:eek:

On a serious note, maybe we need to have a "Beating a Dead Horse" section of the forums added for all this repeat offender threads.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This thread is beginning to go in a very dark and scary direction....I feel violated, you have broken the TOS.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still don't see what the big deal is. My only concern is that the dance emotes are so limited - there needs to be a major overhall with more disco moves added:P

Risa this year is going to be very interesting - get out and do your disco spamming part:eek:

On a serious note, maybe we need to have a "Beating a Dead Horse" section of the forums added for all this repeat offender threads.

Thats part of the big deal, the dance emotes are limited, old and boring, and the disco ball is getting old too. Disco has always sucked.

Also the main troll fleet has fun using this item so I must oppose the disco ball for that reason too.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope they take out the Disco Balls or give us an idle animation toggle or something. If someone doesn't want to dance, they shouldn't have to. If they want to, boogie away.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Thats part of the big deal, the dance emotes are limited, old and boring, and the disco ball is getting old too. Disco has always sucked.

Also the main troll fleet has fun using this item so I must oppose the disco ball for that reason too.

Well I don't RP so I have never been bothered by any players jumping around or firing off disco balls. There are crazy people on both sides of the issue - the RPers and the Trolls.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well I don't RP so I have never been bothered by any players jumping around or firing off disco balls. There are crazy people on both sides of the issue - the RPers and the Trolls.

I don't either, but still get harassed by them all the time while using exchange and stuff in droz just for my fleet tags.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you don't like being forced to dance, you're s not True Trek fans :P

Time for Sulu Dance
    GwaoHAD.png
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This dismissive attitude is at the root of it. It's not up to you to tell others what is worth enjoying, or when their enjoyment is being ruined. Because it's insignificant to YOU doesn't mean it's insignificant to all.

Consider the Role Player. He's out there trying to be immersed in the setting. THAT is how he gets his enjoyment. He doesn't get it from blowing things up, he gets it from creating a story, a character. In comes the disco spammer, who then forces the RPer's character to act without his consent, likely out of character. The RPer's immersion has been shattered. His ability to enjoy the game has been ruined. This is not an insignificant thing.

Right so why does he get to tell me to stop enjoying the game with discoballs? Why does the shrieking minority in this thread get to declare that an item that's been in the game for a year is a "troll ball" and needs to be removed because it's ruining their fun? Why is their fun higher priority than mine?

Seriously, after a year and countless reports, Cryptic would have removed them if they were actually detrimental to the playerbase. Anti-discoball people are in the wrong and need to get over it and move on with their lives. The fact you're still getting froth-at-the-mouth angry over some coloured lights and dancing in a video game is extremely worrying and you should probably seek therapy. Normal adults don't act like this.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • infammableinfammable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I, too, think that using a popular anti-**** slogan is entirely appropriate when talking about dancing pixels on a computer screen.

Hm, let's see how extreme we can take this. Oh, yes, the old "let's try and equate this will real-life sexual assault" routine. Good lord.

Honey, no means no is about a lot more than just ****.

By the way, just came home from visiting with my terminally ill grandmother. This little "war" you and friends are waging on STO's radio stations, roleplayers, and whoever else you think it's your job to educate is hardly at the top of my list. Not even top 10, hence the fact I haven't ever posted on it until I was asked to. Hope you had fun posting to this topic from multiple accounts all day long, though.

smh

[P.S.]

Dear Cryptic,
    I will pay real money to erase players I ignore from my screen, and me from theirs.
    Thanks
    Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
    Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2014

No matter how many times I see this my stomach always hurts by the end I laugh so hard.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    infammable wrote: »
    Honey, no means no is about a lot more than just ****.

By the way, just came home from visiting with my terminally ill grandmother. This little "war" you and friends are waging on STO's radio stations, roleplayers, and whoever else you think it's your job to educate is hardly at the top of my list. Not even top 10, hence the fact I haven't ever posted on it until I was asked to. Hope you had fun posting to this topic from multiple accounts all day long, though.

smh

Why do you feel the need to try and de-legitimise people's arguments by claiming they're all done by one shadowy puppet master? Why not simply face the truth and realise lots of people support social items?
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • infammableinfammable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to try and de-legitimise people's arguments
    See what I did there?
    Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
    Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thread closed.

We've had enough threads like these to make a separate forum just for them. If you feel like you're being harassed or stalked, file a ticket.

Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.