What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF faction needs more players

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sad. I love playing colony invasion on KDF, charging into battle with our bat'leths and slaying the enemy. Nowadays I'd be lucky enough to play a round once or twice a day.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Improving some content to cross faction is great, openly allowing a toon from one faction to join the fleet of another faction is wrong and should not happen lest it turn STO into the worst example of a vanilla MMO ever played.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1) Content. I do not want shared Fed-Klingon-Romulan content also. I want Klingon content dealing with Klingons faction alien races.

Just like all that great faction-only content the Romulans got? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know I always do this, but for the sake of information and maybe helping someone - if you play the KDF you want to have joined these channels - >KDF channels list<
    I can usually find teams for most content I want to do via these.

Also, the way STO is built up - it really enables to go through it almost like a single player experience. This doesn't work on the KDF side, pugging rarely works - you need to play the KDF like a full multiplayer game. Talk to people, ask for help even in zone because unlike ESD it's not a trollfest and is usually very civil. Make a group of friends to do content with on the channels I posted. Try and coordinate your KDF fleet for doing events together. Embrace the MMO part and you won't have much trouble playing KDF.

I don't fool myself, I realize that the pug queues take long and some are dead, but a change of approach may do wonders for you. I've been playing KDF since the first moment I could make a KDF char and I never had too much issues doing any content I need.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    KDF at least needs unique story missions that deal with the True Way. As it is now, the missions are just copies of what the Feds do, so basically, even before the war is over (in terms of in game story progression) the KDF becomes the Federations lap dog. "Hey, go do that for us, we're too busy."

They also desperately need more customization in both costume and ship tailors. Only one Cstore costume released for them in four years while the Romulans got three costume releases in one year.

Of course, Cryptic looks at the low player base the KDF has and doesn't devote as many resources to them because of how low it is. Yet a lot of players have no KDF toon because of how little stuff they have when compared to the Federation.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I play my KDF characters regularly, but I'd rather be beaten with pain sticks than join public queues in STO. I mostly play in cross-faction private queues. Sorry.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sle1989 wrote: »
    KDF at least needs unique story missions that deal with the True Way. As it is now, the missions are just copies of what the Feds do, so basically, even before the war is over (in terms of in game story progression) the KDF becomes the Federations lap dog. "Hey, go do that for us, we're too busy."

Heck, it doesn't have to be involving the True Way - I'd take any specific Klingon content. Some of the KDF unique missions like Alpha, the Fek'ihri arc or the new starting missions that came with LoR are some of the most epic content in STO in general.
    I personally think they should do at least 2 or 3 faction specific story missions with every new season, to help factions have a flavor of their own and because some of the content that was unique to factions is the best story content in the game.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I personally think they should do at least 2 or 3 faction specific story missions with every new season, to help factions have a flavor of their own and because some of the content that was unique to factions is the best story content in the game.
    If Cryptic could do 2-3 Story Missions per Season we would all be ecstatic even if it was multi-Faction content. :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Klingon player base has more honor than Federation player base.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Klingon player base has more honor than Federation player base.

Assuming you use the Klingon definition of "honor," which is basically "When we do it it's honorable, when the Romulans do it they're cowardly backstabbing manipulators." ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Assuming you overlook how the feds seem to ignore their honor to go against their own lofty ideals at the drop of a hat if the outcome benefits their wishes.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Assuming you overlook how the feds seem to ignore their honor to go against their own lofty ideals at the drop of a hat if the outcome benefits their wishes.

The Klingons taught them well. :D
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally I want to abandon the Federation and join the Klingon empire with my Fed captain. One thing that really keeps me from doing Klingon character is regrinding all the different rep dilithium and cash to regear a new character. Havent play anyone but my main Fed toon cause of all the time i have is spent keeping up with just him and keeping him geared well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The Klingons taught them well. :D

We learned from archival federation footage of Kirks adventures it seems. Another tainting of our involvement with the feds.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    We learned from archival federation footage of Kirks adventures it seems. Another tainting of our involvement with the feds.
    Now, now, now. The KDF have been warp-capable since the late 1940s in Earth time. I am certain they learned plenty from other species encountered before the Humans even made it into deep space. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Now, now, now. The KDF have been warp-capable since the late 1940s in Earth time. I am certain they learned plenty from other species encountered before the Humans even made it into deep space. :)
    In that case we should blame the Orions. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014

We didnt have to wait. The footage was broadcast across known space on radio waves.

Tell me, who is this Lucille Ball and is she unmarried?
    Why does the chlorine breather on your space station in your year 1999 always have to be the one to save the rest?
    This one you call Fonzie, he has honor, though Ralph of the mouth does not.
    Most importantly, who did shoot JR?

R.I.P
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Most KDF Officers still recovering on Risa from the last running with the Undine LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    KDF doesn't need more players, it just needs cross-faction queues for... well, everything really(minus federation/gorn minefield and SB 24), also it would be nice to have cross-faction party at defera, since its against the borg.

also spare me of the "klingons aren't villains" , KDF is the faction where you routinely sell people as slaves, bomb/attack civilian installations/ships, bomb planets to force them into submission, and have a LITERAL criminal organization as part of it(orion syndicate), come on now, only people who are arguably not villains in the entire klingon faction, would be worf and the kahless clone.

i have 3 KDF-sided players btw(5 counting rom-KDF).

if anything i kinda like having an outright villain faction, i wish cryptic would expand more on it and give gorn/lethean/nausican/orion characters different lines from the klingons in missions, (why does my orion/etc act like klingon?)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In that case we should blame the Orions. :P

Another tainting from ancient Earth culture could be seen in the Empires attempt to replicate one of your species favorite broadcasts with a similiar show, called Orions go Wild.

It did not do well in the ratings as no one noticed any difference from their normal nature.

R.I.P
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Another tainting from ancient Earth culture could be seen in the Empires attempt to replicate one of your species favorite broadcasts with a similiar show, called Orions go Wild.

It did not do well in the ratings as no one noticed any difference from their normal nature.
    I was actually thinking about how the two oldest races in the area are the Vulcans/Romulans and Orions.

Why the Orions don't run the galaxy I'll never understand. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was actually thinking about how the two oldest races in the area are the Vulcans/Romulans and Orions.

If orions do get to rule everything, I'm going to make it my personal interest to hunt every last of them down, even if it takes to ally with starfleet.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    We didnt have to wait. The footage was broadcast across known space on radio waves.

Tell me, who is this Lucille Ball and is she unmarried?
    Why does the chlorine breather on your space station in your year 1999 always have to be the one to save the rest?
    This one you call Fonzie, he has honor, though Ralph of the mouth does not.
    Most importantly, who did shoot JR?
    Now we both know if the Klingons had seen those broadcasts they would have flown off to Earth, conquered it, enslaved the people, and milked all the resources. They are conquerors after all, right? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I think being the power in the front does not suit them.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Now we both know if the Klingons had seen those broadcasts they would have flown off to Earth, conquered it, enslaved the people, and milked all the resources. They are conquerors after all, right? :)

Its not like they where broadcast with directions after bouncing around the galaxy before the Klingons happened along them.

R.I.P
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    genlog76 wrote: »
    i play a ROM Reman race ad the KDF faction

but what i first see is that there first city is almost death -.-
    no1 there that have a nice chat :(

if you go to ESD its so alive and happy
    alot of players talking to ea other

so yea then you can easy tell that klingons have a serious problem with there players base

but i cant tell why maybe a lot of players don't like klingons ??

I'd rather have the mellowness, calmness of First City / Qo'nos / Klingon Academy zone chat than what passes for "conversation" in the vile capital of villainy you call "Earth Space Dock."

You ask a question, it gets answered, and you don't get the drama that you do in ESD. We may argue with each other in terms of "what's best" in achieving something, but it's NOTHING AT ALL like the vileness of ESD. I know many friends that put away their Zone Chat windows when they go to ESD. Over at First City, it's usually slower, mellower, and you don't have to do anything like that just to visit the capital and do your business.

If you really think it's bad over at First City... LOL... just keep chugging along at ESD then, and stay there :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited May 2014
    Maybe if STO gave a reason to play KDF people would.

No dev attention, no new ships, horrible broken tailor, broken episode missions among other things.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If I can get a decent ferasan ship, or one I like, I'll dust off my old character.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ddemlong wrote: »
    Maybe if STO gave a reason to play KDF people would.

No dev attention, no new ships, horrible broken tailor, broken episode missions among other things.

That's the thing. Until very recently with LOR onwards, the KDF faction has received scant attention in bringing new things. The two most obvious things to look at?

The disproportionate number of playable ships.

The laughably disproportionate number of uniforms.

There's more. But again, with LOR they did bring in more missions, but some of the older stuff needs tweaking. I will say that our missions are more believable in that you could see the Klingons doing what they do and fits right in with what you saw from the TV shows & movies. A sharp contrast to the Federation missions which make you wonder if you are serving the Terran Empire or a Travelling Circus.

When STO released, there were alot more KDF players. Still less than the Feds to be sure, but there used to be far more. When it became apparent that Cryptic wasn't going to finish the faction at the time, then alot of people left.

It was only with LOR that you finally could roll a KDF toon from Lv1. Until LOR from 1 year ago, you had at first level a Fed toon to Lv 5. Then later on, Cryptic pushed it even further back... you had to have a Lv 20 Fed before the option of rolling a KDF toon was available.

With little attention and Cryptic development gating back faction access, you get what you saw of the KDF for years. Scant attention, little development.

It has gotten better... You can start from Lv 1 KDF and there's missions that can take you from 1 to cap, unlike before where we had serious gaps. But the ship & uniform options are still lopsidedly bad.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Honestly i have three klink toons i dont play ne why when the dominant race is romulan and scimitar is king why do a klink ne more......Other then rp... But what kill the klink side was its own pvp nature and what not when all the pvper's went rom fed it killed klink factions.... just one more reason why i ask with rom battle cloak why do ne thing else........ Fact is roulan faction why yes fun playing really did hurt the factions. while i agree on the war ending, but worrie over the nature of kerrrat and other issues like if the war is over can klink be able to visist e.s.d and vise verse.... but more content is apost to be released i think the klingon should be allowed in fed fleet ques even some fed ques are slower on fleet side.
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main