test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you want Borg Playable ships? Mini Poll

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
Yes there are a few threads about the possible upcoming "Borg Lock Box"

Some people say we won't get Cubes but other things from Diamonds to spheres.

So lets do a Poll - which is not too scientific because only a small percent of people really interested in the game visit the forums(unless there is a huge crash)

Question 1) Would you want a Cube type ship if possible?

Question 2) Would you want a Borg Diamond?

Question 3) Would you want a Borg Tactical Sphere?

Question 4) Even if you don't want them - do you think it could be the best selling Lock-Box - especially if they add lots of Borg doffs and Borg plasma weapons(Romulans would like more plasma weapons!)
Post edited by spacebaronline on

Comments

• Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no

No

No

sadly yes...
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont want ANY borg ship, but im afraid they will come, no matter what so,

The only thing i would like to try is a cube to see how it flies and the experience it carries. After the first 30 minutes i guess i will discard it, but meh, im curious. lol.
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) No.

2) No.

3) No.

4) It'll be the same like the last few boxes in sale really, some like Undine, some don't. Some like Borg, some don't No difference.

I REALLY hope they'll never f*ck around with playable Borg cubes etc. it'd ruin what's left (which isn't a lot) of the integrity of this game. But if Cryptic smells money... yeah I'm kinda of the impression we'll get those some day :(
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want Borg ships in a Borg faction.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I want Borg ships in a Borg faction.

I want the sky to be pink.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no

No

No

sadly yes...
    This, exactly yes, like they say.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No^3 ... ... ...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. No

2. No

3. No

4. I certainly hope not!
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No.

The undine is one of the worst lock box ships ideas to date. Im disliking all the cheese spam ships/consoles being added. And its so far away from canon its ridiculous, they're not even trying anymore.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no

No

No

sadly yes...

This. However, I don't have a problem with the concept of a Borg lockbox as long as the ships on offer are different, perhaps as yet unseen Borg types that resemble more traditional ships.

Cubes and Spheres, unlike the Undine ships,which I also don't really mind, are mechanically problematic just due to the way the game engine works. If they did it, I think they'd use new designs, potentially when the game storyline has us encountering the collective in their home territory.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I already have a few Borg ships. As in, ships outfitted with Borg tech. Which are perfectly valid Borg ships. Ships get assimilated, and sometimes they get recaptured.

Those giant space-Legos though? Heeeell no.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No

Yes

Yes
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No.

No.

No.

Yes.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No pure Borg ships of any kind.

I still would not be surprised if we see a Borg themed lockbox that sells like nothing before.

I would at least hope that those will be borgified versions of the faction ships only instead, like the time ships.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    No.

No.

No.

Yes.

I think we are already starting to get a agreement that Borg Lock box ships would sell really well - and you know what that means!

I would like some more borg doffs mind you:)
  • Options
    st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don’t think that Borg ships should be playable by any means it would be out of character of the whole star trek franchise if people where flying around in Borg cubes etc. Humans assimilating the Borg ridiculous!

It almost as bad as the current lock box’s with undine the ships they should have never brought them into the game instead have another type of ship with similar characteristics though engineering not through a biological means.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Question 1) Would you want a Cube type ship if possible?

Question 2) Would you want a Borg Diamond?

Question 3) Would you want a Borg Tactical Sphere?

Question 4) Even if you don't want them - do you think it could be the best selling Lock-Box - especially if they add lots of Borg doffs and Borg plasma weapons(Romulans would like more plasma weapons!)

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. yes

And I want the doomsday device ship to be playable as well :P
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For the love all things good, NO. That being said, I expect to see them within 12 months $$$$$$ ahoy!
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. No

2. No

3. No

4. I wouldn't mind a borg lockbox if it had borgified faction weapons and the ships were borgified faction ships. While these alien ships are fine for those who want to fly them, would it be all that danged hard for Cryptic to design faction ships with the same stats as the lockbox ones so those of us who want to stay somewhat true to Starfleet, KDF and RR can?
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lhoygow wrote: »
    1. No

2. No

3. No

4. I wouldn't mind a borg lockbox if it had borgified faction weapons and the ships were borgified faction ships. While these alien ships are fine for those who want to fly them, would it be all that danged hard for Cryptic to design faction ships with the same stats as the lockbox ones so those of us who want to stay somewhat true to Starfleet, KDF and RR can?

And if they give out borgified faction ships... say an assimilated Galaxy Class, Neghvar and D´Deridex... Those ships would have lockbox stats AND could use the non borgified costumes! XD

Would that be too good to be true? ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    no
    no
    no

no.........A lock box featuring the Canon ships of the 3 factions would sell better than any Alien box

Borg second to that
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "**** no" to all of the above.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) no
    2) noo
    3) nooo
    4) noooo
    5) nooooo
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Iconians....
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,178 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    That's a resounding "No" across the board.

Now... Borg Assimilated variants of current ships... maybe. But actual Borg Ships? No.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lhoygow wrote: »
    1. No

2. No

3. No

Ditto, I couldn't have said it better
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No - the ability to fly a giant graceless box is only going to appeal to people who are actually impressed with the Borg; which, given how the Borg are presented in STO, rules out most of this game's players. Plasma weapons might be a selling point, but they could just as easily put fancy plasma weapons in any future lockbox; there's no need to bring the Borg into it.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No

No

No

Don't care
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.