What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you want Borg Playable ships? Mini Poll

Comments

• Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited April 2014
    No too all of them, but it will come sooner or later. There is nothing that is too awkward for Cryptic to implement...
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited April 2014
    How is a Borg Faction supposed to work with this diverse game?

- There would be no costume options, as costumes are irrelevant.
    - There would be no ship variants /skin options, as skin options are irrelevant
    - You are not able to control your character as the Queen gives your orders were to walk and fly and were not.
    - You cant chat because everytime your try you character just posts: "We are the borg"
    - You cant buy / sell stuff as making profit is irrelevant
    - You are not able to equip anythign else then Borg Plasma Weapons as any other stuff is irrelevant

In summary the Borg will be a very interesting and exciting faction if they ever will be introduced properly :rolleyes:

Ha! I see similarites to those lockbox disciples and yes-sayer pendants.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they do a Liberated Borg faction (Not sure if it's a good idea) they should have new borg-tech ships. Like the Tal'Shiar Adapted designs.

Even then you can make a very appropriate looking ship for a liberated Borg captain by putting the assimilated set on pretty much any ship.

I unfortunately have to agree though that after the 8472 ships it's only a matter of time before actual borg ships appear, but even then no cubes. At least restrict it to a Probe (Lockbox) and Sphere (Lobi), though the Sphere's weapon/movement characteristics will be odd. Maybe special weapons with the (Arc) mod like the Obelisk AP array?
  • Options
    wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arrrrrrrrrg another can I haz Borg ship/Borg faction thread....

First off, we do have a Borg faction, it's called Lifetime Subscribers....you have to pay to play. you can't haz everything in life for free.

second of all, Borg ships should be limited to the Borg faction - such as fed ships are limited to feddie bears, Klinks are limited to Klinks, and Roms and limited to Roms.

with that said Diamods, Probes, and Sphere's should be open, while cubes should be limited to like first year, or even pre-launch sub's - and reduced to a more manageable scale.

adds value to the subscription, encourages more sales, and rewards Loyalty all at once.

- you can have that one free of charge Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

The Borg, just like Species 8472, are species that should not have playable ships - ever.

Why?

The Borg operate as a single hive mind. A single sphere has a crew compliment of 11,000 drones, all acting in concert to operate the craft.

A Cube has a crew capacity ranging anywhere from 5,000 to 129,000, depending on its internal configuration. Again, these Borg work in concert to operate the vessel.

We don't know the crew compliment of probes or Octahedrons, but we can guess that they're proabably quite high - and that the crew works to operate the vessel with the hive mind.

Since no other faction in STO is capable of the collective-mind operation of a ship, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that any Borg ship would be capably handled by a Starfleet or Klingon crew (since those are the only two playable factions - Romulan is not a true faction "Because Cryptic") - not unless they're going about half impulse and are unable to do things like run life support or fire weapons.

But we'll get them, because Cryptic and PWE are happy to defacate all over the universe of Star Trek to make a buck (this, by the way, explains the existence of playable Species 8472 ships when it is impossible for them to be piloted by anyone but a member of Species 8472).
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh I know who you are now, you must have gotten banned again for making so many ridiculous threads lol. How many times have you been banned now?

And obviously the answer is no to everything, the line needs to be drawn somewhere.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nope.

No.

No way.

I'd be surprised and ashamed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, spheres, tactical spheres, assimilators, queen ship, probes, pyramids, tactical pyramids, command ships, and i think thats it. Evrything but cubes.
  • Options
    edge109edge109 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. No
    2.Yes
    3.Yes
    4.Yes
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would be okay with a Borg lockbox so long as the lockbox ships are not traditional Borg vessels.

I'm thinking they could have the ships be faction specific assimilated ships. (By faction specific I mean like how they did the temporal ships.) So you could get maybe a fully assimilated Ody/Bortas'q/Scimitar with some special powers/BOFF seatings that are radically different than the originals...

Anyways, the idea is we don't need real Borg vessels. I just feel like that should be a collective only no-go.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Question 1) Would you want a Cube type ship if possible?

Question 2) Would you want a Borg Diamond?

Question 3) Would you want a Borg Tactical Sphere?

Question 4) Even if you don't want them - do you think it could be the best selling Lock-Box - especially if they add lots of Borg doffs and Borg plasma weapons (Romulans would like more plasma weapons!)
    1.) NO
    2.) NO
    3.) NO
    4.) Yes, since it would be a potentially best-selling lockbox. Cryptic/PWE = profits = staying in business = more longevity for Star Trek Online.

I have a strong suspicion the PvP players will relish Borg lockboxes.

The only way there should be a Borg ship offering is for a Borg faction. I do NOT want to see Borg ships introduced in any other faction. (Can you imagine a Borg cube parked next to ESD? Ten Borg cubes? etc.)

If this occurs, the game is going to lose all credibility with many players, imho. And that will be the death knell of STO when people truly walk away... and don't return.

Regardless of various issues, from Galaxy-X lance alignment to the grindfests, STO is a generally fun game to play. Adding Borg ships to existing factions = bad idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

It's going to happen sooner or later. Profit is more important than conserving any semblance of canon and taking shortcuts (via the conglomerate nonsense) is easier than creating a proper and credible back story to introduce undine and Borg ships. The most surprising thing about all of this mess is that CBS actually sanctioned playable undine ships.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Borg lockbox with playable Sphere and Diamond will be the end of the game. There is nowhere else to go after that... so think critically before you start calling for it.
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Question 4) Even if you don't want them - do you think it could be the best selling Lock-Box - especially if they add lots of Borg doffs and Borg plasma weapons(Romulans would like more plasma weapons!)

1) No.
    2) No.
    3) No.
    4) Yes.

My honest opinion is that I don't really care.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    It's going to happen sooner or later. Profit is more important than conserving any semblance of canon and taking shortcuts (via the conglomerate nonsense) is easier than creating a proper and credible back story to introduce undine and Borg ships. The most surprising thing about all of this mess is that CBS actually sanctioned playable undine ships.

Don't give them ideas.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dsaris wrote: »
    The Borg lockbox with playable Sphere and Diamond will be the end of the game. There is nowhere else to go after that... so think critically before you start calling for it.

This is what I'm thinking as well. Where do you go after a Borg lockbox? :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    This is what I'm thinking as well. Where do you go after a Borg lockbox? :confused:

The moon? :confused:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I dunno. I just hope the Devs are more creative than PLAYABLE BORG SHIPS.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

I will have to agree. Best get used to the idea now so it's not such a bummer when it happens.

I also doubt it would ruin the game either. Despite all the questionable things that's been added (and taken away) from STO we're still here. I'm sure plenty will remain if Cubes started to appear alongside the Undine, Voth, Jemmie, Tholian, Hirogen and God knows what other enemy/untouchable hulls there are above ESD.

The one thing that would cause serious harm to STO is a better Star Trek game.

EDIT: To put it another way there is a saying that has relevance here. Hope for the best, prepare for the worse.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I want Borg ships in a Borg faction.

This^

But I think a Borg Lockbox would cancel the idea of a playable Borg Faction.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The Q Lockbox[tm]!

Forget Elite mode! Now you have GOD MODE! The Universe is yours to play with!

"PvP? You always WIN!"
    "PvE? End the match successfully EVERY TIME! (Not to forget the fun you'll have with those that drop out early!)
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just say "NO" to Assimilation!

Only YOU can prevent Assimilation!

This is your brain (_) This is your brain on Assimilation (@)

If you try hard enough, you too can be a (C)aptain (P)reventing (A)ssimiilation

Yeah, no Borg ships, no Borg faction, no no no no no no no no no.
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) no

2) no

3) no

4) yes unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to play as the Borg but I don't think STOs engine could do them justice and the idea of starfleet and KDF flying cubes just makes me gringe.

As for a lockbox ship I would quite like to see the Borg ship from Lore's "liberated" group. But I don't know if it was Borg designed or an assimilated ship from another species.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1) No.

2) No.

3) No.

4) Not unless the contents are massively overpowered. But that could be because of this pesky virus in my neural bio-matrix called "faith in humanity". I'll really have to get rid of that some day.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I want Borg ships in a Borg faction.

A proper, Borg faction. Not a "lite" version like the Romulans, and behaving like Borg will. Assimilating people and all.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes there are a few threads about the possible upcoming "Borg Lock Box"

Some people say we won't get Cubes but other things from Diamonds to spheres.

So lets do a Poll - which is not too scientific because only a small percent of people really interested in the game visit the forums(unless there is a huge crash)

Question 4) Even if you don't want them - do you think it could be the best selling Lock-Box - especially if they add lots of Borg doffs and Borg plasma weapons(Romulans would like more plasma weapons!)

1. Yes I would. I think it'll be fun.

2. No

3. Yes, that should be interesting.

4. Yes I think it would be the second best selling. I think the best selling lock box of all time is the one that introduced the cash cow we all love/hate known as the Jem'Hadar Attack ship.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014

No

No

No

Unfortunately, yes.
    Also, unfortunately it will come. Cryptic said no, but money will change their minds on the question.
    And we already have undines ship, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The moon? :confused:

While I do think the possibility of Diamonds and spheres is high - I wonder where would they go after a Borg Lock-box?

But technically if they want to focus on the Delta Quadrant - that's Borg home turf.

The Borg are the only real big bad guys we have faced where Cryptic has yet to release their ships as playable.