Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #19: The Undine Lockbox

12346»

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    The best cruiser stats in the game are on these two alien undine ships

turn rate 11..........11..........11.................11 4 cruiser commands !!!!!!!

More and Moar

However there alien and a ship that cannot be crewed...its a living ship....very few fans will be interested in these ships ........power gamers might like them

If you had put a Mirror Neg'Var..A Galaxy and Dederiex with these stats as the top prize they would become your best selling lock box imo

personally i am sick of OP Alien ships

Back to the Basic's cryptic thats where your money is at
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want a Gate. Warp in at the start of a STF...folks will be like, c'mon - move it. But, but...I'm in a Gate. :P
    Lol - that's hilarious! Imagine a five man team of 2 spheres, 2 cubes, and a gate warping in to ISE...cracks me up!
  • Options
    darken1984darken1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

turn rate 11..........11..........11.................11 4 cruiser commands !!!!!!!

More and Moar

However there alien and a ship that cannot be crewed...its a living ship....very few fans will be interested in these ships ........power gamers might like them

If you had put a Mirror Neg'Var..A Galaxy and Dederiex with these stats as the top prize they would become your best selling lock box imo

Few ideas for undine ship... no shields, only very strong armor.... no custom engine, weapons, warp core, deflector only factory settings (ok, maybe special beam/cannons undine ship weapon only)... and all boffs needs telepathic trait to serve on such vessel :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Speaking of kidding...joking...humor and stuff like that, the new weapons, eh?

AntiProton is oft abbreviated as AP.
    So Fluidic AntiProton would be abbreviated as...

Childish? Definitely, but in my defense I believe it just to be part of a defense mechanism each time a new box comes out - a manner of dealing with all the thought processes that start up.

A Psychological Warfare trait...that will improve Gravity Wells? Er...how does that work? Brain could get caught up in all sorts of logic traps if not for making silly jokes instead.

*sigh*......lol! You, sir, are my favorite forum poster.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Well, I have no idea what kind of ship you're running, but..... :eek::P:D

This thread just gets better and better...lulz
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    namreef wrote: »
    Lol - that's hilarious! Imagine a five man team of 2 spheres, 2 cubes, and a gate warping in to ISE...cracks me up!

And the inevitable scandal that would follow in the aftermath of unearthing the conspiracy that made flyable gates possible, aptly named... STFgate. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Cool idea - the whole expect damage thing. I remember once feeling that way about tackling the big baddies too.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

More and Moar

or put a Odyssey in one so we can finally have a decent one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014

Good choice....I was thinking of the Stadi Mirror galaxy class from the old mirror universe pve que
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    starfoxnlstarfoxnl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It also bothers me that there are bunch of alien ships into it (although, the Hirogen ship is the best that happens to me to get)

But I would like to see some new(classic) ship models into this game. all three factions got ships that I would love to see able for customization. instead of continuously new static ships.

same for the 3 faction lock box ships. they are just the same. only a other texture and some other module/Boffs sets. but nothing to actually say. "hey, Those models can't be taken by the other ship versions!"
    "Launch data androids, full spread!"
    (thought came to mind after the scene in "nemesis")
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014

If you want to see something funny, compare a tac Oddy to the new Undone cruiser.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    ghobepongghobepong Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay hold up, change of subject here.

Among many things that Perfectworld has done to falsely live up to IT'S reputation as indeed a PERFECTWORLD when it comes to gaming itself. Honestly the graphics this time is an all time Septic Tank Fail! They promised outstanding graphics improvement with complexions, textures, and yes even detail to the fiber and pours of the skin. UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER, upon another season release here Perfectworld itself also seemed to deliver another expansion that makes STO itself look more well like a computer rendering of a Windows 95 graphics animation probably close to the rendering of well a very early rendition of AutoCAD meets 3D Studio. Honestly if this is what Perfectworld calls "improved"? They highly overstepped their quality with this one only to satisfy their ego and to show the very slimmed attempt they made to deliver on a promise they made in their previous blogs on Season 9. Conclusion? BRILLIANT PERFECTWORLD BRILLIANT!
  • Options
    fyathyriofyathyrio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captsol wrote: »
    Hahaha! 'Mini-Planet Killer!' God, someone joked about that a month ago on the forums and now it's real. It's a sad day.

And you call dinosaurs with 'fricking lasers' on their heads a jolt of logic?
    The Shepard's Prayer:

"Oh Lord, Please don't let me F-up"
  • Options
    fyathyriofyathyrio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic, please stop wasting your time and get on that Borg Lockbox so there will be no more argument about how, as a company, you don't give a rat's TRIBBLE about the integrity of the Star Trek IP anymore.

Aint going to happen.... too confusing in Kerrat. All borg ships beating up other borg ships (nobody would have any other ships)
    The Shepard's Prayer:

"Oh Lord, Please don't let me F-up"
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fyathyrio wrote: »
    Aint going to happen.... too confusing in Kerrat. All borg ships beating up other borg ships (nobody would have any other ships)

Unless they release the renegade borg ship.
    http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/8540/borgrenegadeshipgu0.jpg
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Well the ground traits are bugged, these powers aren't toggles, they just last for 10 seconds then cancel, that isn't a toggle :(
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    ...poor Rodenberry's bones are spinning at speeds that violate the laws of relativity and even his own warp 10 barrier...
    That's it. I need to open a carpentry shop utilizing the corpses of deceased people as lathes to manufacture furniture and baseball bats.

Seriously though. I think player controlled Undine ships is a bad idea. It's like every other Rebel driving around a Star Destroyer. Just doesn't really fit the bill. Since we're throwing all the IP out the window for an obvious cash grab, then I'm game for a Dyson Sphere lockbox. Forget ESD. I'll just drive around my own solar system. I won't need to go anywhere - it's big enough to hold all my stuff, vendor locations, my personal fleet, vacation spots, and mission locations. Sector space might get a bit crowed with all the player controlled solar systems getting in the way. But at least people can stop blaming the Romulan ships for being too big.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's like every other Rebel driving around a Star Destroyer
    Careful... The New Republic (aka, the new government of the Rebels) used a lot of Star Destroyers, especially during the Yuuzhan Vong War.

So that may not be the best comparison. :P
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ghobepong wrote: »
    Okay hold up, change of subject here.

Among many things that Perfectworld has done to falsely live up to IT'S reputation as indeed a PERFECTWORLD when it comes to gaming itself. Honestly the graphics this time is an all time Septic Tank Fail! They promised outstanding graphics improvement with complexions, textures, and yes even detail to the fiber and pours of the skin. UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER, upon another season release here Perfectworld itself also seemed to deliver another expansion that makes STO itself look more well like a computer rendering of a Windows 95 graphics animation probably close to the rendering of well a very early rendition of AutoCAD meets 3D Studio. Honestly if this is what Perfectworld calls "improved"? They highly overstepped their quality with this one only to satisfy their ego and to show the very slimmed attempt they made to deliver on a promise they made in their previous blogs on Season 9. Conclusion? BRILLIANT PERFECTWORLD BRILLIANT!

I must be extremely lucky then because my graphic card is happy with changes and things look much better now. :D
    Guess they did not check it against enough graphic cards though from all complains. :rolleyes:

The only strange things I noticed is a similar effect from impulse engine, but less visual, like when in fluid space but in normal space. Not that big deal though compared to everything else looking better. :)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LaughingTrendy, LaughingTrendy, wherefore art thou LaughingTrendy?

Why oh why did you have to be so beautiful, LaughingTrendy?

:D

P.S. My Computer:
    • Operating System
    • 64-bit SP1
    • CPU
    • Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz 36 °C
    • Bloomfield 45nm Technology
    • RAM
    • 24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (8-8-8-20)
    • Motherboard
    • ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T SE (LGA1366) 35 °C
    • Graphics
    • HP 2709 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    • 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (VISIONTEK) 41 °C
    • Storage
    • 931GB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C
    • Optical Drives
    • Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
    • Audio
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

My graphics were reset when I logged in yesterday at ~12:30 EST. They were reset to High/Maximum settings by the game. I went in and unchecked "Limit Framerate" and instantly got another 10 FPS.

I'm getting 50 to 60 FPS now. I am using dx11 option.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Careful... The New Republic (aka, the new government of the Rebels) used a lot of Star Destroyers, especially during the Yuuzhan Vong War.

So that may not be the best comparison. :P

lol True that. *Disclaimer - I am referring to the "old" Star Wars eps. 4-6. :P
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just thought I would mention. The mining claims are in the Undine Lockbox.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yay....another money grubbing lockbox craptastic idea. They, Cryptic, decide we were getting to powerful with our Captains, so they slap limiters on our rep abilities, limits on our rep projects cause we were blowing through them LIKE IT WAS INTENDED, now they decide to throw in even more money sucking lockboxes.

Why not go with the idea that DCUO used and if we were Lifetime Subscribers we could open any and all lockboxes, Premium/Silver/Monthly then we could open maybe ten per week, and F2P could open maybe 1-5 per week. Doing that wouldn't be such a slap in face after the Season 9 Rep nerf with the NERF Bazooka.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Yay....another money grubbing lockbox craptastic idea. They, Cryptic, decide we were getting to powerful with our Captains, so they slap limiters on our rep abilities, limits on our rep projects cause we were blowing through them LIKE IT WAS INTENDED, now they decide to throw in even more money sucking lockboxes.

Why not go with the idea that DCUO used and if we were Lifetime Subscribers we could open any and all lockboxes, Premium/Silver/Monthly then we could open maybe ten per week, and F2P could open maybe 1-5 per week. Doing that wouldn't be such a slap in face after the Season 9 Rep nerf with the NERF Bazooka.

That would happen only when hell freezes over
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014

DCUO is a bad example simply because you have to pay to play their version of FEs and STFs. Or so I heard... I quit that game after their account server got TRIBBLE several years ago.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DCUO is a bad example simply because you have to pay to play their version of FEs and STFs. Or so I heard... I quit that game after their account server got TRIBBLE several years ago.

Actually, no, you don't have to pay to run their equivalent to STFs/ FEs, but you can buy the DLC/or get a Sub to run them unlimited times, but doing that nets you unilimited Promethium box unlocks and other good stuff.
    So Sony must be doing something right. At least they aren't slapping the gamers in the face with nerfs when their toons get power creep going. They just make harder stuff to go through.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually, no, you don't have to pay to run their equivalent to STFs/ FEs, but you can buy the DLC/or get a Sub to run them unlimited times, but doing that nets you unilimited Promethium box unlocks and other good stuff.
    So Sony must be doing something right. At least they aren't slapping the gamers in the face with nerfs when their toons get power creep going. They just make harder stuff to go through.
    right..... you actually expect me to believe that DCUO has no nerfs? really?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine lock box odds are OP. Please nerf!

Out of about 25 lock boxes opened, I came up at least 10 doff packs less than usual. I actually got a trait that sold for 13.5 million in the exchange and bought more keys and opened more boxes. Got about 7 or so very rare packs that give a random ship or ground weapon. Got about 7 or so very rare packs that gave a random kit frame for my career (sadly no kit modules out of all that). Got a 25k fleet credit bonus pool. Got a 10k CXP bonus pool too. And usually I average about 4.7 lobi per box. My average was 5.3. And a second trait that only sold for 500k in the exchange. Hell I didn't get my first lock box trait until I opened about 50+ tal'shiar boxes trying to get a plasmonic leech console, which I didn't get but sold the trait and bought the console.

In the past I would have got at least 17 doff pack packs out of 25 boxes.

Where's my doff packs Cryptic? I'm so mad I'm seeing purple. So much purple. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    right..... you actually expect me to believe that DCUO has no nerfs? really?

Oh, don't get me wrong...They do nerf things, but they make sure EVERYTHING is balanced when they do.