Season 9 Dev Blog #19: The Undine Lockbox

Comments

• Options
    johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    THANK YOU!!!

Finally, a gasp of sanity.

a grasp of sanity would be to pull the whole undine lockbox idea before it launches but I don't see that happening.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, the doffs didn't have to be Undine - they could have been MACO Squad troops and Dyson command scientists. Considering our ships apparently house full squads of MACO teams, it'd be interesting to have unique security guard doffs and such that fit into that category.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    is it only me who is getting a mega man feel from the wrist cannon? also look forward to obtaining the undine ground and space weapons those look like fun and for my sci the psycological warfare trait = fun
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like thousands of others will happy give them money for Master Keys to get the undine ship. Soon enough the market will be flooded with them; they are going to be a heavy in demand ship. This also gives me hope that we soon will have the ability to pilot a borg cube!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are no Undine Doffs, nor any unique Doffs of any kind in this Lock Box.

Translation: wait for them in the next lock box
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Predator

...if it bleeds, we can kill it...
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Hey trendy ( wonderful trendy ) any chance of of ground weapon pics an space weapon visuals! Please because you are wonderful :)

Done and done. Take a look at the blog!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    asovanra wrote: »
    I like thousands of others will happy give them money for Master Keys to get the undine ship. Soon enough the market will be flooded with them; they are going to be a heavy in demand ship. This also gives me hope that we soon will have the ability to pilot a borg cube!

How in God's green earth could giving players Borg cubes be good for the game... in ANY way?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Now I'm a sad Romulan....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How in God's green earth could giving players Borg cubes be good for the game... in ANY way?

I want a Gate. Warp in at the start of a STF...folks will be like, c'mon - move it. But, but...I'm in a Gate. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I want a Gate. Warp in at the start of a STF...folks will be like, c'mon - move it. But, but...I'm in a Gate. :P

lol.. yeah but see.. I get the feeling you are kidding while I have the feeling the other guy was serious.
  • Options
    jaikrikajaikrika Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This box is horrible and you should feel bad. Calling it, next Season, Borg Cubes and Diamonds. Then next season after that Iconian Ships.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I'm with you on this. There are some species, which NEVER should've been given "playable ships" in the form of lockboxes. We've had 2 of them so far (with the Undine Lockbox);

Dominion Lockbox, and Undine Lockbox

Next thing you know, they'll be adding a Borg Lockbox (probably with the Delta Quadrant expansion), and the game will officially be dead to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the look and stats of these new ships. But they should not have been made pilotable by players.

So what's the deal with CBS here? CaptainGeko, and several other devs have maintained that the reason we don't get a T5 Connie or Miranda, is because of CBS. Yet somehow, they are fine with us piloting the greatest enemy ships of the Federation/Klingons ? And don't claim "well the lockbox ships are rare...", cause we know they aren't. Plenty of players with far too much cash on their hands, open dozens/hundreds of lockboxes every day (I know, I constantly get spammed with the Lockbox ship announcements). In a month from now, hundreds of players will be flying Undine ships. Faction ships will sink further into obscurity, since players will all be flying the "New Hotness".
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lol.. yeah but see.. I get the feeling you are kidding while I have the feeling the other guy was serious.

Speaking of kidding...joking...humor and stuff like that, the new weapons, eh?

AntiProton is oft abbreviated as AP.
    So Fluidic AntiProton would be abbreviated as...

Childish? Definitely, but in my defense I believe it just to be part of a defense mechanism each time a new box comes out - a manner of dealing with all the thought processes that start up.

A Psychological Warfare trait...that will improve Gravity Wells? Er...how does that work? Brain could get caught up in all sorts of logic traps if not for making silly jokes instead.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Must...have...it.....ALLLLL.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You guys gave us a weapon that fits over the character model's arm that WASN'T a borg prosthesis? Really?
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

LIES! They're ALL Undine DOffs! They just haven't revealed themselves yet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you trendy, gonna get mini planet killer!:D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    I'm with you on this. There are some species, which NEVER should've been given "playable ships" in the form of lockboxes. We've had 2 of them so far (with the Undine Lockbox);

Dominion Lockbox, and Undine Lockbox

Next thing you know, they'll be adding a Borg Lockbox (probably with the Delta Quadrant expansion), and the game will officially be dead to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the look and stats of these new ships. But they should not have been made pilotable by players.

So what's the deal with CBS here? CaptainGeko, and several other devs have maintained that the reason we don't get a T5 Connie or Miranda, is because of CBS. Yet somehow, they are fine with us piloting the greatest enemy ships of the Federation/Klingons ? And don't claim "well the lockbox ships are rare...", cause we know they aren't. Plenty of players with far too much cash on their hands, open dozens/hundreds of lockboxes every day (I know, I constantly get spammed with the Lockbox ship announcements). In a month from now, hundreds of players will be flying Undine ships. Faction ships will sink further into obscurity, since players will all be flying the "New Hotness".

Actually the ONLY lockbox ships I ever even thought of useing was the timeships since they were factional, just future ships. Never did get them though lol. I avoid lockbox crazyness like the plague, I normally don't sweat it if other people like hey whatever and the Dom didn't bother me so bad they were just another political power out there in the galaxy doing it's thing.

But one would be hard pressed to argue the evil intent of the Borg/Undine/Inconians and it was long standing hope and thought that was one line we would not cross.. the evil ship line, Rommies don't count as evil per say either I don't think as even in the shows clearly within the Romulan people there were good people who didn't agree with the "powers that be" and how they ran things.

Now we will have to deal with having to team up with... "don don don"...Undine and I am sure soon enough Borg/Iconian ships and fight alongside them in que events.. how silly will that look have PC controlled undine ships fighting in the upcoming space battlezone.. or PC Borg ships in a ISE run.. and I say silly to avoid using harsher words.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I feel like I am going to get the cruiser cheap off the exchange
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    interesting theres no new doffs, thankful really. instead there's a bunch of traits and kit mods instead. im guessing stuff like this will rotate back and forth in future boxes.

the AP weapons bleading away hull with their physical damage proc is worrying, and the push? that could get annoying. asid from the ship, this is deffinetly a ground focused box, this adds more new crazy stuff to ground, for better or worse, then anything else so far
  • Options
    drumcd74656drumcd74656 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic, please stop wasting your time and get on that Borg Lockbox so there will be no more argument about how, as a company, you don't give a rat's TRIBBLE about the integrity of the Star Trek IP anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The Nicor is a cutie, especially the bridge officer setup. Finally a good ship that only needs four bridge officers and the Lt. Commander universal TRIBBLE makes it very flexible to be used on an engineer, a scientist or a tactician. Also nice is that the cruiser can NOT use dual cannons. Recently almost every ship was granted dual cannon usage. I'm glad this one isn't.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well ground PVP was fun and balanced , and it was nice till it lasted .

Let loose the clowns .... .
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im getting some FAP ( Fluidic Anti-Proton, thank you virusdancer ) I think, will go nice with my fleet AP's.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Done and done. Take a look at the blog!

Kamehameha anyone
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can have the Predators armor and reenact AVP? In a Star Trek game? THAT'S AWESOME!
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually I was hoping with that wrist gun ... I had flashbacks of Kurt from MDK ... If it was a minigun, it would have been awesome!

It seems to me that Cryptic wants to keep the IP name to encourage people to come on over, but they don't want all the rules that go with it, so they are slowly moving away from anything remotely realistic. Undine Bioships? Seriously?

FAIL!!! Epic Fail!
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Actually I was hoping with that wrist gun ... I had flashbacks of Kurt from MDK ... If it was a minigun, it would have been awesome!

It seems to me that Cryptic wants to keep the IP name to encourage people to come on over, but they don't want all the rules that go with it, so they are slowly moving away from anything remotely realistic. Undine Bioships? Seriously?

FAIL!!! Epic Fail!

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tin_Man_%28episode%29
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So the predator comes to STO, badass
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E