test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #19: The Undine Lockbox

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Undine Lockbox is warping in! Take a look at all the great Undine gear that you can get. Suit up in your Biotech Battle Armor and charge into battle with the Undine Lock Box. All the gear is posted in this latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the Blog.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah, yes, the monetization of ground kits now commences...

Won't even bother commenting the armor...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Biotech Battle Armor makes me want to slap a scarf on it and pretend to be a Kamen Rider.

Or go without it and be a Guyver.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still hate the very concept of this lockbox.

Armor looks vaguely like the Predator, though. Cool.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine biotech battle armor..... predator suit will be mine!!! Oh an mini wrist mounted planet Killer for the win! Thank you :)
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nicor Bioship.

I'm in love. I really am. I've been dreaming of flying one of those since I first saw the Undine in Scorpion. And now my dream has come true.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed the stats they posted up in dev blog 18 has the Nicor and Dromias with identical stats? XD
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nicor Bioship.

I'm in love. I really am. I've been dreaming of flying one of those since I first saw the Undine in Scorpion. And now my dream has come true.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed the stats they posted up in dev blog 18 has the Nicor and Dromias with identical stats? XD

1) They keep messing it up, they're TRYING to get it fixed.

2) Dear God, man! What are you thinking saying that?! You'll get lynched for sure for not thinking with the herd! Repent! Hate the Nicor and the idea of flying a 8472 ship!
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,533 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do the nice and shiny AP weapons have that yellowish orange color to them when firing?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can you refund 20th Century Fox the licensing fee for the Predator armor? That way perhaps there'll be budget for some more content.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hahaha! 'Mini-Planet Killer!' God, someone joked about that a month ago on the forums and now it's real. It's a sad day.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey trendy ( wonderful trendy ) any chance of of ground weapon pics an space weapon visuals! Please because you are wonderful :)
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, it finally happened didn't it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Ah, yes, the monetization of ground kits now commences...

Look deep inside your soul.....didn't you expect this to happen?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Look deep inside your soul.....didn't you expect this to happen?
    We knew this would happen. Geko openly admitted it months ago.

I'm just so mad about the whole Undine Box thing that I'll complain about anything by now...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd love to bring in a 5 man team in PvP with those Nicor ships, put them together and "planet kill" everyone... :-)

I'm so happy with the Undine Lockbox, so happy to have such a well built ship coming our way! Way to go developers, break open a bottle of champaign and sip an extra glass for me!
  • Options
    xdaftydudexxdaftydudex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sweet new lock boxes :)
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, no mention of any Undine doffs in this one... That's actually really disappointing. I wanted a few of them in my crew.
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So... the 8472 Lock Box is OP for now. I actually want to see the fraking Malon LockBox next. Or... wait... the Kazon LockBox!

No, I think I'll take the Delta Quad LockBox actually- so I can get Bomari BOFFs.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Hmm, no mention of any Undine doffs in this one... That's actually really disappointing. I wanted a few of them in my crew.

There are no Undine Doffs, nor any unique Doffs of any kind in this Lock Box.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for rerunning the Reinforcement DOff packs! I always wanted some of these Melee DOffs for my Romulan.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm a big fan of biotechnology, so these items are really interesting to me.

However, this is the thing I find disappointing:
    Science:

Biotech Carapace
    The target ally of this ability (or self) will receive large periodic hitpoint regeneration and immunity to Borg Assimilation, along with resistance to Toxic damage.

I was really hoping this would be a constantly active Trait passive, because I keep getting assimilated by the Borg.
    And since I am not playing as a science officer, I do not have access to this module.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

But, but...how can we truly complain without DOFFs?!?!?! :P

Okay though, how about a question...
    Fluidic Coccoon (Space)

(Passive) When hit by Kinetic damage, you have a chance to increase your outgoing Energy Damage for several seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Will Kinetic Shearing quick stack that with the Kinetic DoT? Or is there a single roll made for the application of the DoT?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    We knew this would happen. Geko openly admitted it months ago.

I'm just so mad about the whole Undine Box thing that I'll complain about anything by now...

Likewise...

/10 chars.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

well hopefully we get to rescue a plucky Undine in the episode who leaves his entire culture behind to be a junior officer on our crew.

I mean since they are Undine, you could just recycle some other BO artwork and not even have to come up with new visuals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Will Kinetic Shearing quick stack that with the Kinetic DoT? Or is there a single roll made for the application of the DoT?

It should be a single roll. If you find otherwise when S9 launches, we will fix it up. Fluidic Coccoon should not be triggered by Damage-over-Time effects.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tilarta wrote: »
    I was really hoping this would be a constantly active Trait passive, because I keep getting assimilated by the Borg.
    And since I am not playing as a science officer, I do not have access to this module.

As I recall, elite fleet ground armor counters borg assimilation with its nanite power.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It should be a single roll. If you find otherwise when S9 launches, we will fix it up. Fluidic Coccoon should not be triggered by Damage-over-Time effects.

Thanks, Bort.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Awww, the new doffs are always my favorite part. Thanks for the fast answer anyway, though.
  • Options
    johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so yeah... I am actually really disappointed in them for going through with a Undine lockbox... yeah I always kinda knew they would.. yes I know some players want these ships, though I have no idea why... but this now opens doors I had hoped they would never open...

get ready... we will at some point be invaded by Borg and Iconian lockboxs and have those ships too... they crossed this line for cash and player demand for the ships they'll cross that one too.. I am really disheartened by this... never did I think that I would ever be fighting along side Undine/Borg/Iconian vessels
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014

THANK YOU!!!

Finally, a gasp of sanity.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Undine biotech battle armor..... predator suit will be mine!!! Oh an mini wrist mounted planet Killer for the win! Thank you :)
    I wonder if it can be recolored a bit? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg