• Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A Borged up Undine ship would be worth it just for the irony. LOL
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    druhin wrote: »
    I'm with you on this. There are some species, which NEVER should've been given "playable ships" in the form of lockboxes. We've had 2 of them so far (with the Undine Lockbox);

Dominion Lockbox, and Undine Lockbox

Next thing you know, they'll be adding a Borg Lockbox (probably with the Delta Quadrant expansion), and the game will officially be dead to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the look and stats of these new ships. But they should not have been made pilotable by players.

So what's the deal with CBS here? CaptainGeko, and several other devs have maintained that the reason we don't get a T5 Connie or Miranda, is because of CBS. Yet somehow, they are fine with us piloting the greatest enemy ships of the Federation/Klingons ? And don't claim "well the lockbox ships are rare...", cause we know they aren't. Plenty of players with far too much cash on their hands, open dozens/hundreds of lockboxes every day (I know, I constantly get spammed with the Lockbox ship announcements). In a month from now, hundreds of players will be flying Undine ships. Faction ships will sink further into obscurity, since players will all be flying the "New Hotness".

Have to agree with this one.

They should add different faction ships instead of making enemy ships available for players.
    Must admit I do have one of those ships though since I opened a few Voth boxes by mistakes when I was tired (was supposed to open older boxes from bank but got a pack of Voth instead). So add Voth boxes to the boxes we should not have gotten ships from either, since Voth are our enemy at this time.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    if all is possible in the ridiculous cryptic world, why not klingon or romulan ships for the feds or vice versa.

undines are undercover. why not, ships with hulls of the Federation, the Romulan and Klingon with bio-technology inside; at least this would be more logical

Now that would be a logic approach, so I guess they throw that idea out the window. :P
    Or they could have given us Faction ships designed to be better against Undines..... :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope the undine biotech armour costume has a varied palette in the tailor. Unlike the hirogen one, I've still not forgiven them for that missed opportunity. However, the new costume is enough for me to wander back over from ESO and play around with.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At least they tried to explain it. It's better than having the Ferengi bribe the Undine ships with candy to defect, lol. :D

I'm wondering if the kits and the modules come in boxes, I would like to distribute them amongst my characters. :confused:
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    At least they tried to explain it. It's better than having the Ferengi bribe the Undine ships with candy to defect, lol. :D

Seriously, though, the Ferengi are a rather implausible candidate for having retrieved Undine ships: they just don't feel formidable enough to go and undertake very risky salvage operations in equally dangerous enemy territory.

If you have tube grubs to sell, or self-sealing stemsbolts, or the occasional weapons even, you talk to a Ferengi; you want to retrieve bioships fromn our most deadly enemy, you talk to... everyone else.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're berating my comment or not So i'll simply ask...

Have you even watched the VOY Episode "In the Flesh?"

Wasn't berating your comment, I wanted to "like" it. And yes, I saw that episode when it aired, probably haven't seen it since but just read through the Memory Alpha recap. 8472 would rather die than be taken alive.

The armor, weapons and powers in the lockbox I can understand. Mirror ships too. But the bioships? That doesn't make sense and the "calling other bioships with fluidic space pulse to shoot another bioship" doesn't make sense either. Like the Winter wonderland, I wish I could ignore. Guess I will just have to pretend the player-flown Undine ships are holo-emitter skins for the purposes of enemy infiltration.
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How in God's green earth could giving players Borg cubes be good for the game... in ANY way?

True. We now have ships that could one-shot borg cubes, right? Why would we want to dowgnrade?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nicor Bio-Warships are equipped with a Console - Universal - Fluidic Energy Focusing Array. This series of high-capacity energy conduits is specifically designed to intake energy from other Undine bioships, amplify it, and then release it at a target ship or planetoid. The resulting blast can be made strong enough to destroy entire planets under the right circumstances, but is more frequently used as artillery strikes against space-bound enemies. Scientists from the Alpha Quadrant have learned how to tune the focusing array to emit a communication pulse that pierces the barrier to Fluidic Space. Bioships that “hear” this pulse will quickly join your ship in battle and channel their energy into the focusing array before it is released in a massive blast. The summoned ships will immediately return to Fluidic Space afterwards.
    So much BS it's not even funny.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anyone else feel that there is way more (to much) dev time and thought that goes into the lock boxes than actual game content for a season release.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    grtiggy wrote: »
    anyone else feel that there is way more (to much) dev time and thought that goes into the lock boxes than actual game content for a season release.

Well duh.

Lockboxes make money, not Season releases.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Now that would be a logic approach, so I guess they throw that idea out the window. :P
    Or they could have given us Faction ships designed to be better against Undines..... :rolleyes:

Every time logic is used in game content a puppy dies . . ."
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think cryptic is astonishingly avant garde, dare I say daring, to offer glossy green strangly blobs to players in return for cash. Incredible marketing idea, think I'll have to start selling snot on ebay.

that said the biotech armour does "look" pretty, can't wait to dress my alts and crews in dripping blobs of green too.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All you silly nay-sayers! :P Undine ships are beautiful, strong, exotic; and I, for one, am very happy Cryptic is not listening to the hilarious nerd whine going on about canon, and just releases these ships anyway!

@Community Manager: give us a blog with some picture of the bridge, please!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Every time logic is used in game content a puppy dies . . ."

I hear that there is way to many puppies, so Cryptic should do it's civil duty and put more logic into the game. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    grtiggy wrote: »

I agree that way to much time is spent on these boxes, though I do disagree about that there actually is put much thought into it. :P
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    spookpwa wrote: »
    I hear that there is way to many puppies, so Cryptic should do it's civil duty and put more logic into the game. :P

we caitians are not overly concerned with puppies, as long as Cryptic sticks to puppies and leaves our kittens alone.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Words can not express how disgusted I am at the inclusion of Undine ships in this lockbox.

Still, I'll have a go.

This appalling decision is evidence that Cryptic have stopped even trying to stay true to this IP.

I'd have been happy to see Undine-ised ships, ala the adapted tal shiar ships.

That would have been a smart and clever decision.

But this?

All I'll say now is that I will not spend a single penny on this game from now on.

Cryptic were given an IP that they should have treated with respect.

This decision is defecating on it.

The developers who made this decision should be ashamed.

Very well said, I completely agree with everything you said.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I cant wait for season 10.

Season 10 Desperation

In this season we as a developing game company have giving up in finding a way to be creative so we will just give you all the Borg Ships in a lock box.

Season 11 “Out of Juice”

At this point we didnt even bother to think of anything new so you will all get the T5 connie in a lock box.

Season 12 “ The kitchen sink”
    Well folks in this season you will be flying a modified Kitchen sink if you are lucky enough to get it from the lock box, Oh hell just give us your money.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    seriously whats all the complaining over the ships they look good and given the chance i might wanna fly one and for you people who zealotly love cannon may i remind you about Star Trek 4 there was no Enterprise we had kirk flying a Bird of Prey naturally if any military faction gets a hold of a powerful ship they both reverse engineer it and give those ships to high ranking officials to turn against their original creators.

now that i am done with my small rant enjoy your little whinefest.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    seriously whats all the complaining over the ships they look good and given the chance i might wanna fly one and for you people who zealotly love cannon may i remind you about Star Trek 4 there was no Enterprise we had kirk flying a Bird of Prey naturally if any military faction gets a hold of a powerful ship they both reverse engineer it and give those ships to high ranking officials to turn against their original creators.

now that i am done with my small rant enjoy your little whinefest.

True

But what became of the BoP from that movie, NOTHING.

I never saw the Feds flying the BoP with Federation markings in any of the other movies, did you?

so your small rant is mute.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sweet...I can't wait till the borg lockbox. I want a playable Borg Tactical Cube. :P - Oh and make sure it has a hangar.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Sweet...I can't wait till the borg lockbox. I want a playable Borg Tactical Cube. :P - Oh and make sure it has a hangar.
    Now that you mention it...

Cryptic, Nicor isn't OP enough. Slap a hangar on it! And a Battle Cloak too while at it.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »
    True

But what became of the BoP from that movie, NOTHING.

I never saw the Feds flying the BoP with Federation markings in any of the other movies, did you?

so your small rant is mute.

what about outside of movie? =P
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jrq2 wrote: »
    I cant wait for season 10.

Season 10 Desperation

In this season we as a developing game company have giving up in finding a way to be creative so we will just give you all the Borg Ships in a lock box.

Season 11 “Out of Juice”

At this point we didnt even bother to think of anything new so you will all get the T5 connie in a lock box.

Season 12 “ The kitchen sink”
    Well folks in this season you will be flying a modified Kitchen sink if you are lucky enough to get it from the lock box, Oh hell just give us your money.

What season is jumping the shark? . . I guess we already had it, jumping the VRex.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    what about outside of movie? =P

Well what about it, I never saw it in TNG, DS9, or Voyager.

so your even smaller rant is mute. :P
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sooo, if someone could find it and link it please, didnt the Devs say they WERE NOT going to do this because any proper representation of the bio ships would be game breaking.. Also reverse engineering psychic controlled bio-tech is not exactly logical or canon in any way what so ever period.... Unless you have to breed a psychic crew with partial Undine genes etc. Which would take years.. Sorry the Ferengi purveyors of the lock boxes measure their lives by quarterly profits and do not think that far ahead... WTF PWE are you trying to kill the game?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    Sooo, if someone could find it and link it please, didnt the Devs say they WERE NOT going to do this because any proper representation of the bio ships would be game breaking.. Also reverse engineering psychic controlled bio-tech is not exactly logical or canon in any way what so ever period.... Unless you have to breed a psychic crew with partial Undine genes etc. Which would take years.. Sorry the Ferengi purveyors of the lock boxes measure their lives by quarterly profits and do not think that far ahead... WTF PWE are you trying to kill the game?

Did you not get the memo? Cryptic has asked us not to use logic . . . Just go buy some keys and wait in the new ESD, it's shiny.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Did you not get the memo? Cryptic has asked us not to use logic . . . Just go buy some keys and wait in the new ESD, it's shiny.

Ahhh how right you are... its quite sad, I paid to play for years, then the pay to win model took over oops I mean "free to pay" What did we get for hundreds of dollars already spent = a big fat not even a thank you for spending $60.00 on the game then $15.00 per month, that wasnt enough money they wanted more. Then its Dinos now its boogers? Next we will have borg cubes that fill space so much you cant fly between sectors... At least I have found good enough grinds that Ill never spend another dime, but I think my time would be better spent on angry birds.... at least there is no canon to be broken in that game, CBS will eventually take the rights away, I see it coming, and poor Rodenberry's bones are spinning at speeds that violate the laws of relativity and even his own warp 10 barrier... People that make/run trek games should at least have watched the shows (with the volume up) not just looked at the cash grab strategy pictures.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hell at this point they will literally start making anything no matter how silly it is, they have already got enough of the player base hooked on gambling on their lock boxes that even if they came out with a modified kitchen sink that can be flown my Captains, players would go out and buy keys so long as the kitchen sink is more powerful than the last lock box