test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I need to buy a whole ship for just a part i want ?

Comments

• adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've bought 9 various fleet warp/sing cores... not an issue. Expensive? yes. Worth it? yes ;)

Totally agree
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    I thought it was closer to 4 weeks I got the ship on two characters.

I was able to get it on 10 Characters :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    errab wrote: »

AHHH that's not fair I want it on all of mine!!!

/Sarcasm

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    I passed up the whole event

Grinded out dilithium

Bought a Apex from the exchange with the dilithium sold

very happy
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My favorite quote from the OP from back in early February, during the Event:
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Same here, not going to buy Boxes or running after small Q's to get stuff, And hey with out the core it give some cool looks.... I'm not gonna grind if they offer it in a pack or whatever in the C-Store I will buy it but all the other stores xcept for the fleet store and personal trait store not going to grind for it.... Greets

So basically the OP did not want to run the Event. He did not feel he wanted the special Warp Core back then. Now 2 months later he is blaming Cryptic for making him pay for it after he CHOSE to not get it himself.

It is threads like this one that make it impossible for me to take the OP even remotely serious on this forum. He does this all the time. I personally know of at least 5 posts where I have called him on his incorrect postings.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

So basically the OP did not want to run the Event. He did not feel he wanted the special Warp Core back then. Now 2 months later he is blaming Cryptic for making him pay for it after he CHOSE to not get it himself.

It is threads like this one that make it impossible for me to take the OP even remotely serious on this forum. He does this all the time. I personally know of at least 5 posts where I have called him on his incorrect postings.

Thank You Cosmic!!

People seem to forget that once you put something out on the internet you can never get it back!!

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    errab wrote: »

I'll see your ten and raise by two. :P
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited April 2014

Oh, that is just tragic.:rolleyes:

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nccmark wrote: »
    Wasn't it a three week event? That's a great vacation. If you missed it for that, you got the better bargain by far.

Somehow I actually think you missed it for other reasons. And that's fine...real life should be a priority. But you shouldn't bellyache about it now and expect to find massive sympathy in the forums. Especially if you use gaudy fonts.

I do not need sympathy only try to point out they could sell it part from the ship or something and maybe for you it is a luxury a 3 week vacation but if you own a garage and work your TRIBBLE off 16/7 you are glad you can enjoy a small vacation like that. Also I got a family so if I was at home at that time I didn't have time to complete it all, I guess thats the problem with having a own business.;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited April 2014
    So let me get this straight. The OP has been playing for at least 2 years and he just now learned that he has to buy things separately and then combine them?

Rofl.

Not believing the OP's serious about being upset.

Uuuh I'm joining this tin can from day 1 one after beta stopped and it went live, and no I did not know you had to buy it from the lobi store with a whole ship, they are really desperate for money I guess...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited April 2014
    I have also been eyeballing the Solanae Overcharge Warp Core. I don't want the ship that it's attached to, but I suppose I would pay 100 or 200 lobi for just the warp core. I'm surprised it's not sold separately.

Probably it has something to do with power creep I read about...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Been this way since before Beta ended. It will always be this way as it allows them to sell ships via the cstore, fleet store and Lobi store after any special events end.

Its not an act of desperation on Cryptics part.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited April 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Well, that's how it is. Events happen, you miss it, sometimes they come around again, sometimes they don't. You can't expect everything to be easily accessible, otherwise what's the point in playing? If you need it that bad, you'll buy the ship and strip the part you need. People have to do it for the current sets, like the odyssey and Vesta consoles, and don't even get me started on the voth ships.

No problem if it was a C-Store Ship I would have bought it but I'm not gonna spend what he said 180 dollars or 200 Euro's to boxes to gather 600/800 LOBI to get a warp core to complete my set bonus, I might be crazy but I aint dumb !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014

First of your right but also absolutely wrong, thats the nice thing of having a login name and not your real name I suppose, That post I do remember it it was from my neighbor who plays my game once a while because he had nothing to do he also posted on my forum, he also buy stuff for me as a present, but anyway thats his post. Anyway thats about it... I was gone those 3 weeks ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Been this way since before Beta ended. It will always be this way as it allows them to sell ships via the cstore, fleet store and Lobi store after any special events end.

Its not an act of desperation on Cryptics part.

Well if it ain't desperation what is it then I can't remember selling packs with items most of the time you have to buy weapons and consoles yourself to get your ship going.
    Yes ok I admit they put in consoles but never separate set bonuses, they never did it with the borg sets, nukara sets or the breen and dominion sets. this is the first time and it sucks.
    For crying out loud if they're not desperate for the money why they didn't make the warp core available part from the ship just in the zen store or dill store or lobi store.
    Put it in the zen store for 500 zen or 750. In the dilithium store as a very rare item for a price of 10.000 dill or same price as the fleet cores or what I saw back in this thread for the price of 200 Lobi.... Is it that hard to be reasonable ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    So why weren't you complaining before the event started about missing the event because you were going to be on vacation?

You complain about everything, but only now after the event is over (and you forgot you posted how you refused to grind for the stuff and preferred paying to get it)

is the first time you mention this alleged vacation.

Sorry but not believing you for a second. :D You hoisted yourself on your own petard.

Sing your song I already told you that wasn't me, it was my neighbor. But whatever that was not what the thread was about and if you do not agree and you are rich enough to spend 800 LOBI that's fine with me i'm not gonna believe you either if you agree on this action.
    Thank you and your welcome
    :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They where very clear during the event that the warp core was not going to be an option if you didn't grind it.

They decided after the event ended to add the lobi option. The lobi core comes on the 600 lobi ship. Instead of being out of luck (like most MMO developers would say). However I believe you can also still buy the Q currency that was used during the event to complete your event in your rep tab. So if you did at least part of it you get a discount. (the ship / core cost the same thing during the event if you just dished out the lobi then).

As for the fleet core... give me a break there cheap... you want them to just hand you stuff.

60k in Dilihitum is ONE weak on ONE toon. Come on that isn't exactly a long grind in a MMO. It isn't P2W at all... it it was true P2W you would ONLY be able to pick it up in the cash store and there would be no way to earn cash store currency in game. Fleet warp cores can be earned by doing nothing more then your daily grind for one week. (the fleet marks are easy to get and if you simply do 1-2 fleet missions each day you will earn that in a week as well). All paying Money does in STO is speed your grind... you can buy Dilihitum from other players and complete fleet projects for credit and spend the D and marks on what ever you want today if you would rather pay then play.

One week per Epic level gear is pretty standard for a MMO. If you can't be bothered to play the game for one week and dedicate your rewards for that week to picking up that piece of gear, then you likely should try another type of game. (or open your wallet and speed your grind)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited April 2014
    First of your right but also absolutely wrong, thats the nice thing of having a login name and not your real name I suppose, That post I do remember it it was from my neighbor who plays my game once a while because he had nothing to do he also posted on my forum, he also buy stuff for me as a present, but anyway thats his post. Anyway thats about it... I was gone those 3 weeks ...
    Dude, I do not know if you are just full of TRIBBLE or an out-and-out liar. You, or anyone else, can do a Search on your account name and see that while the Event was running - Jan 30th to Feb 27th - you had over 80 posts on the forum - and every post was using your broken English cadence.

You want people to believe your "neighbor" made all 80+ posts while you were on vacation? Good for you. A simple forum search by the Devs can confirm that they all came form your IP account. You see, every time you post on the forum your IP account ID Number is logged with your post.

Personally, based on the theme of those posts, they were all yours. You are just trying to cover your own lies now. You did not want to do the Event and now you are making up a lie rather then admit it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wanted all Scimitar consoles from the tactical one, but I had to get all three anyway. Just get an elite fleet warp core and/or Dyson Joint Command Technologies set that is WAY better than Solanae.

You wanted the warp core? You had to do the Anniversary event: if you didn't do that on purpose well your problem.
    edited April 2014
    Sing your song I already told you that wasn't me, it was my neighbor. But whatever that was not what the thread was about and if you do not agree and you are rich enough to spend 800 LOBI that's fine with me i'm not gonna believe you either if you agree on this action.
    Thank you and your welcome
    :P

Quick question op. Why would your "neighbor" even bother to log in on your account to play the game? (not that anyone believes that crock of ...) This is a free to play game. He could make one of his (I'm assuming this fictional person is male) own and play that without having to break any ToS.

You must be very trusting in any case. I'd never let any (fabricated) friend of mine play my account or speak for me on the forum.

:rolleyes:

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nvm.............................
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does any other c-store ship require a lobi one to be bought to complete the set? You don't need the anny Oddy to complete the c-store Oddy set to use an equivalent anny ship. There in lies the problem they are meant to be separate stores.

I do think the OP has been caught out by his on posts, so all I have to say on that is no comment.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2014
    How I was on vacation and on vacation I'm not gonna play STO pfff !!:P
    I was on vacation too. I wanted the ship after the vacation, so I ground myself into vacation getting c-store ship.
    edited April 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    Does any other c-store ship require a lobi one to be bought to complete the set?
    Not that I am aware of, but then we have the Galaxy Set, which requires us to buy multiple C-Store ship of different Tiers to get the Console Set. We have things like the MK XII Jem Lobi set as the only way to get it past the free MK XI. We have things like the Dyson Lobi EV Suit that requires the free suit and Lobi. We have the Jem Dread and Jem Bug allowing for special Pets, etc. So needing different items, Lobi Store or not, is not really without some degree of precedent in the game.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not that I am aware of, but then we have the Galaxy Set, which requires us to buy multiple C-Store ship of different Tiers to get the Console Set. We have things like the MK XII Jem Lobi set as the only way to get it past the free MK XI. We have things like the Dyson Lobi EV Suit that requires the free suit and Lobi. We have the Jem Dread and Jem Bug allowing for special Pets, etc. So needing different items, Lobi Store or not, is not really without some degree of precedent in the game.

Needing different items is not the problem. All the galaxy set can be bought off the c-store to complete the set it does not require a lobi ship, the same with a couple of the Rommy sets. The EV suits are free and if you want to upgrade them to the one with all the different bonuses you go for the lobi one. The same goes for the Jem sets the both ground and space.

This is the only c-store ship set that requires a lobi ship to get if you missed the event that is unprecedented. I don't see the problem in adding the set items to the c-store ships or even adding the items to the c-store as a pack for zen.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh this is indeed sad. And to think I haven't even commissioned the ship on all characters and that I can reclaim the warp core for free...

And this is new? Want the Valdore console, buy the ship. Want the plasmonic leech, buy the ship. Now this one, that you could get for free - no - this one is where we draw the line. This one can not be!

Oh come on...
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I got to say is, it's not PWE's fault you went on vacation and missed out on a FREE ship.

But there is one tiny itty bitty bone to pick with PWE. Honestly, the ship yeah you should of had to grind on every character. But account wide, once you go tthe ship once, you should of gotten the Warp core and secondary deflector.

Again not the ship, but account wide unlock for the warp core and secondary deflector.

That's just my 2 cents.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I got a set i don't use just wish i could sell them........
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread was so good I gained 2 lbs from reading it.

This is why I love the forums
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Nice catch, Cosmic; funny how the OP has disappeared now. :D
    I noticed he had become rather scarce as well. :rolleyes:

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy