test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I need to buy a whole ship for just a part i want ?

Comments

• revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Dude, I do not know if you are just full of TRIBBLE or an out-and-out liar. You, or anyone else, can do a Search on your account name and see that while the Event was running - Jan 30th to Feb 27th - you had over 80 posts on the forum - and every post was using your broken English cadence.

You want people to believe your "neighbor" made all 80+ posts while you were on vacation? Good for you. A simple forum search by the Devs can confirm that they all came form your IP account. You see, every time you post on the forum your IP account ID Number is logged with your post.

Personally, based on the theme of those posts, they were all yours. You are just trying to cover your own lies now. You did not want to do the Event and now you are making up a lie rather then admit it.

Actually it's very well possible that he posted in the forums with his smartphone or tablet beeing on holiday without beeing able to play the actual game.
    I mostly post here in times when I can not play, because if I want to busy myself with sto and have access to a computer that can play sto... I play sto and do not post in the forums. For the most parts at least.

On topic... In ultimately agree with the op, in my opinion that Dyson set issue in among the most stupid things cryptic did in a long line of stupid things,

After all the 3 pack costs arround 50 dollar / euro.
    That's a full price game. You can buy gta 5 or a Dyson destroyer, or you could have gta5 and the current assassins creed instead of the 9 pack. That's a lot of money already.
    Not that I'm not willing to pay that, since I despite my criticism love that game and am willing to invest that into a ship I might actually use for years, but still.
    But you should really expect that you can get everything gated to that particular ship without opening the wallet again for that price.

Even if you did the event... I did it after all... If you want to create a new character to use that ship you have to invest up to additional 50 bugs per character to fully use it in the designed way to get that event ship. That was a very very poor move.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually it's very well possible that he posted in the forums with his smartphone or tablet beeing on holiday without beeing able to play the actual game.
    I mostly post here in times when I can not play, because if I want to busy myself with sto and have access to a computer that can play sto... I play sto and do not post in the forums. For the most parts at least.
    OP should have thought of that instead of going with my neighbor used my account:rolleyes:.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Well if it ain't desperation what is it then I can't remember selling packs with items most of the time you have to buy weapons and consoles yourself to get your ship going.
    Yes ok I admit they put in consoles but never separate set bonuses, they never did it with the borg sets, nukara sets or the breen and dominion sets. this is the first time and it sucks.
    For crying out loud if they're not desperate for the money why they didn't make the warp core available part from the ship just in the zen store or dill store or lobi store.
    Put it in the zen store for 500 zen or 750. In the dilithium store as a very rare item for a price of 10.000 dill or same price as the fleet cores or what I saw back in this thread for the price of 200 Lobi.... Is it that hard to be reasonable ?

Desperation? No. I view it as "valuing their player's time"... Remember, common argument during these things is "how much money would my time be worth"???

And remember that "many" of us actually ground out the ship in the 21 day window to do so with 14 visits in-game lasting ~1/2 hour each time (from clicking the STO icon till clicking exit, if the only activity performed in-game that day was grinding said ship).

In anticipation of the "outrage" that this would generate, Cryptic had to place a value on the time and dedication of those who did the grind, to set the "price" that those who missed out on the grind (due to personal reasons and/or joining post-grind opportunity) would have to pay in order to "match" the dedication displayed in the limited window...

And that price is 600 lobi crystals. ~$180 if the conversion posted earlier is correct. If memory serves, it was about 1/2 hour from clicking on STO icon till clicking exit if the only task done that session was grinding the ship. 14 of these 1/2 hour trips makes the $180 price tag about $25/session, which is not a bad valuation of people's "free time". Is it as good as the value placed on, say, dil grinding? Nope. Mainly because dil grinding is an "whenever you want" activity while the Sci-royer was "time gated" to that specific wintertime window...

I'd like to thank you for attempting to "seriously devalue" my "reimbursement" for having, you know, sacrificed my time over the winter so you could get a cheap ship part after (for whatever reason) electing to bypass the exact same grind at the exact same value... </borderline sarcasm>
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    OP should have thought of that instead of going with my neighbor used my account:rolleyes:.

Ah didnt see the post stating that. Thats really dump.

Still... the core complaint is a valid one IMO.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    He could not use that excuse because the post of his I linked into this thread contradicts his vacation statement. :)

His excuse in this thread was that he was on vacation and so could not grind the ship during the allotted time whereas his posts during the Event stated he refused to grind the Anniversary ship because he did not need/want the Warp Core at the price of the grind - that he would rather buy it later.

If he admits he posted during his vacation then he also has to admit that he stated he did not want to do the grind to get the item and that he would rather buy it. So he has to make up an excuse to justify his lie. The excuse is that he did not state that, his neighbor did. Complete idiocy - especially since that statement violates the ToS of the game.

Ultimately this whole situation is nothing more then someone who did not want to do the Event and now is sorry about that decision. He did not want to grind to get it and now he does not want to pay the price they are asking for it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ultimately this whole situation is nothing more then someone who did not want to do the Event and now is sorry about that decision. He did not want to grind to get it and now he does not want to pay the price they are asking for it.
    I doubt he's sorry about his decision to skip the grind, only outraged that now he's gotta pay the price if he wants the core.

Of course, 800 Lobi is pricey. But there have been Lobi grind events, and had the OP taken advantage of those he'd probably have close to enough. I've got a bit over 600 Lobi stashed, and almost none of that came from lockboxes.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited April 2014
    I doubt he's sorry about his decision to skip the grind, only outraged that now he's gotta pay the price if he wants the core.

Of course, 800 Lobi is pricey. But there have been Lobi grind events, and had the OP taken advantage of those he'd probably have close to enough. I've got a bit over 600 Lobi stashed, and almost none of that came from lockboxes.
    In the post I linked to he states he would rather pay for it then grind for it, so he was already planning on paying for it rather then playing for it.

And the price is 600, not 800.

And a lot of us got a TON of free Lobi from the Event - and will get more free Lobi from the next time Cryptic does a Lobi Event. There is still time in the future to get it without paying for it. He just has to be willing to do the grind. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Where did the OP go? Either he is caught lying or he has violated the TOS. Which one is it? Since you post so much on here, we need to know whether to believe you or not.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Couldn't he also buy it on the exchange if someone put it up for sale?

I think this is one of the cases where it is a BoP ship.
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OP has played for 2 years and is bent on 50k fleet marks and 20 k dill? That's really not a lot of either, I think he just wants to complain.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There should really be a discount for people who bought the 5000 zen bundle. I think 200 lobi would be a fair price for the warp core. Lobi space equipement usually costs that much. I considered buying the Romulan Dyson bundle for my new toon but I won't pay 600 lobi for a warp core. And if I cannot have the full set for a reasonable price I won't buy the bundle at all.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2014
    After all the 3 pack costs arround 50 dollar / euro.
    That's a full price game. You can buy gta 5 or a Dyson destroyer, or you could have gta5 and the current assassins creed instead of the 9 pack. That's a lot of money already

Agreed; I have more motivation to put a spare twenty into a used game store than I do into a game I can't spend two hours on anymore.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We WERE given a discount. Bought individually the three faction specific ships would cost 7,500 Zen instead of 5,000.

That's a 2,500 zen discount.

And the people that bought all nine ships got an even larger zen discount.

So sorry to hear you have buyers remorse now, but you knew when you bought your bundle, just like we all did, that we'd still need to get the lobi ship to complete the set.

And if you want us to believe you were unaware of that fact which was common knowledge back in January, then you only have yourself to blame for buying stuff without finding out what you were getting first.

I know reading is hard for some people. So I appologize for not having been more clear. I can't have buyers remorse because I didn't buy them. And nowhere in my post did I write about not having known the costs of a full Dyson set before. So your contemptuous behavior is out of place.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    szim wrote: »
    So your contemptuous behavior is out of place.

I don't see any.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • dukhattdukhatt Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are you Joking 62.000 dill for a warpcore plus 20.000 fleet marks, Nope not gonna happen

Lol, everytime one of my characters hits 50 - I get all Fleet stuff until I get the reputations unlocked.

Often also a ship.
    I spend 100 euros only at ship loadout lol ..

Not to mention all other things I randomly spend money on in-game..
    DAMN YOU STO!
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dude, I do not know if you are just full of TRIBBLE or an out-and-out liar. You, or anyone else, can do a Search on your account name and see that while the Event was running - Jan 30th to Feb 27th - you had over 80 posts on the forum - and every post was using your broken English cadence.

You want people to believe your "neighbor" made all 80+ posts while you were on vacation? Good for you. A simple forum search by the Devs can confirm that they all came form your IP account. You see, every time you post on the forum your IP account ID Number is logged with your post.

Personally, based on the theme of those posts, they were all yours. You are just trying to cover your own lies now. You did not want to do the Event and now you are making up a lie rather then admit it.

What line did you not understand sir, if my neightbor watch my home or sleep there he is aloud to do that, so he uses my computer so he using everything else, I don't like it if you call me a liar if you don't know or met me in real life watch you tekst please, thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited April 2014

dareau wrote: »
    Desperation? No. I view it as "valuing their player's time"... Remember, common argument during these things is "how much money would my time be worth"???

And remember that "many" of us actually ground out the ship in the 21 day window to do so with 14 visits in-game lasting ~1/2 hour each time (from clicking the STO icon till clicking exit, if the only activity performed in-game that day was grinding said ship).

In anticipation of the "outrage" that this would generate, Cryptic had to place a value on the time and dedication of those who did the grind, to set the "price" that those who missed out on the grind (due to personal reasons and/or joining post-grind opportunity) would have to pay in order to "match" the dedication displayed in the limited window...

And that price is 600 lobi crystals. ~$180 if the conversion posted earlier is correct. If memory serves, it was about 1/2 hour from clicking on STO icon till clicking exit if the only task done that session was grinding the ship. 14 of these 1/2 hour trips makes the $180 price tag about $25/session, which is not a bad valuation of people's "free time". Is it as good as the value placed on, say, dil grinding? Nope. Mainly because dil grinding is an "whenever you want" activity while the Sci-royer was "time gated" to that specific wintertime window...

I'd like to thank you for attempting to "seriously devalue" my "reimbursement" for having, you know, sacrificed my time over the winter so you could get a cheap ship part after (for whatever reason) electing to bypass the exact same grind at the exact same value... </borderline sarcasm>

Maybe so but this is not about Grinding, because you can't grind LOBI you have to buy lobi from the lockboxes as I explained or like the festival event where you can earn 10 Lobi a day.
    And is just strange that they did it like this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't need money to buy Lobi, I can use EC to buy keys, or Dil to buy Zen to buy keys...what's this money you speak of?
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2014
    What line did you not understand sir, if my neightbor watch my home or sleep there he is aloud to do that, so he uses my computer so he using everything else, I don't like it if you call me a liar if you don't know or met me in real life watch you tekst please, thank you
    I understand it all perfectly well. Your neighbor slept at your house for 3 weeks while you were on vacation. CHECK!

He apparently knows a lot about STO because he made over 80 posts about it using your account while you were on vacation. CHECK!

But strangely, he knows a lot about STO but does not have an account of his own - and STO is a FTP game where anyone can make a forum account. CHECK!

How did he become such an expert on the game if he does not have his own STO account?

And if he does have his own STO account why was he posting on yours when that is a violation of the rules of the game and can get you permanently banned from playing?

It would have been better for you to have just left the thread then to try and keep perpetuating this lie. Seriously.
    edited April 2014

Beside the fact that it is more then just a little hard to believe that this is the case, you obviously do not get the point that YOU are not allowed to allow your neighbor that.
    You violating your agreement with cryptic and if mods read that they will either consider you a liar or permanently lock down your Account. Make your choice.
    edited April 2014
    I understand it all perfectly well. Your neighbor slept at your house for 3 weeks while you were on vacation. CHECK!

He apparently knows a lot about STO because he made over 80 posts about it using your account while you were on vacation. CHECK!

But strangely, he knows a lot about STO but does not have an account of his own - and STO is a FTP game where anyone can make a forum account. CHECK!

How did he become such an expert on the game if he does not have his own STO account?

And if he does have his own STO account why was he posting on yours when that is a violation of the rules of the game and can get you permanently banned from playing?

It would have been better for you to have just left the thread then to try and keep perpetuating this lie. Seriously.

I wish you did because its has nothing to do with the tread, and he is an sto player from day one, so yes he knows sto but normally he play on the second computer at my house because he can't because of his wife she is against shooting games, anyway how can it be against the rules if I gave him permission, my kids play on my account so I don't understand the violence you babbling about sir.
    As you said it's free to play so It can't be violating any rule, if you had to pay well they could be against it still I don't know how they would check it.
    So I wonder what you after kicking someone in the back because you broke a rule or something and now you react it on someone else, it is just childish what are you trying to do and not worth my time to further respond about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    As you said it's free to play so It can't be violating any rule, if you had to pay well they could be against it still I don't know how they would check it.
    You should really spend some time learning how the internet works. While you are doing that spend some time reading the ToS you agreed to when you downloaded the game - it was a little box you had to check saying you agreed to all the rules before you could make an account.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ... how can it be against the rules if I gave him permission, my kids play on my account so I don't understand ...
    You are correct, you don't understand.

Cryptic/PWE does not allow you to give anyone else permission to play on your account.

Not your kids.

Not your wife.

Not me.

This is in the Terms of Service that you agreed to in order to download and play STO. It's Cryptic's sandbox, they make the rules.

Now will they ban someone for letting their kids play on their account? Wow, that'd be a stunningly bad PR move. But they could.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why he would ever admit allowing someone else to play for him is dumb, the other dumb thing he did wrong is not make his neighbor grind it for him during those 3 weeks. :rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited April 2014
    I am truely begining to enjoy this thread, and not for the intended reason. :D

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wish you did because its has nothing to do with the tread, and he is an sto player from day one, so yes he knows sto but normally he play on the second computer at my house because he can't because of his wife she is against shooting games, anyway how can it be against the rules if I gave him permission, my kids play on my account so I don't understand the violence you babbling about sir.
    So I wonder what you after kicking someone in the back because you broke a rule or something and now you react it on someone else, it is just childish what are you trying to do and not worth my time to further respond about this.

Let me get this straight. Your "neighbor" has been playing since day 1, but does not have his own account? He uses the second computer you spoke of, unless you are not there, right? Has he been playing your account since day 1 too ? I take it you do not team-up and do any STFs or the like. I am not positive, but I don't think you could both sign into the same account at the same time and play together. I could be wrong though(not afraid to admit it like some). Why not download another copy of STO on the second computer and let him have his own account? Don't even want to get into you letting your neighbor sign into your forum account. That doesn't even sound right.
    edited April 2014
    Let me get this straight. Your "neighbor" has been playing since day 1, but does not have his own account? He uses the second computer you spoke of, unless you are not there, right? Has he been playing your account since day 1 too ? I take it you do not team-up and do any STFs or the like. I am not positive, but I don't think you could both sign into the same account at the same time and play together. I could be wrong though(not afraid to admit it like some). Why not download another copy of STO on the second computer and let him have his own account? Don't even want to get into you letting your neighbor sign into your forum account. That doesn't even sound right.

Try to find classes and read agin siggghhhttt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2014
    This just keeps getting better and better! :D

I'll just leave this here. It's all self serve,so dig in! :cool:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
    edited April 2014

Pot, kettle, black. *just sayin*

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I consider myself pretty literate and I cam to the same conclusion as Metaphorgrande. Does that mean I need classes too? English classes? Or was that yet anther typo, and we need glasses?

Can we get a 2nd opinion from your neighbor? From his wife?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock