test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #12: Undine Reputation

Comments

• pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    Because they don't care what WE want, they make the game for the way THEY want to play it. Who cares about us and what WE want :)
    If they did actually care about what WE want, they would listen to the majority and reconsider this hideous nerf

Everything in this game is an exploit to them i think. They were doing some wonderful things with this game when i first started playing. Now, its all about what they can nerf, and what they can do to make us grind til we burn out

Who is the majority?

Have you got stats? a poll ? anything to back this up?

i Don't consider it a nerf, am i in the minority? maybe, maybe not, only cryptic may have the figures if they exist
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That Armor. Yes. I can finally fulfill one of my fantasies, namely that of being a Cyborg Ninja. In space.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Correction: It's what YOU want. Maybe sometime down the road, if things look bad, then maybe they'll revert it back, but for now, this "WE" stuff has got to stop.

Pretty much. They're trying an idea, based on the reality that as the rep sets add up, balance becomes tricky and the aggregate weight of all those sets means it's harder to gauge some stuff. It reminds me of Secret World's power deck system, personally.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but very often the only way to find out is through testing on a large scale. And honestly, I didn't notice the difference as much. Yes, it had a different feel to it. It'll take a bit of time to learn how to balance out the traits for what I want to do, and require a bit more fiddling around.

But I figure I'll manage.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Correction: It's what YOU want. Maybe sometime down the road, if things look bad, then maybe they'll revert it back, but for now, this "WE" stuff has got to stop.

Correction, just look at ALL the complaints about the nerfing in the other threads and see for yourself. It's not JUST me not liking the nerf. Its heaps of others! Get YOUR facts right :P
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i noticed the differences. And i bet you a million bucks, you're gonna notice it when the nerf hits you smack in the face, like a cold dead fish lol

Each reputation power was buffed.. please don't exaggerate.
    edited April 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    Each reputation power was buffed.. please don't exaggerate.

you dont say lol. They didnt release ALL the reps in one go did they? nooooo. Hence, why i said, i noticed the difference. Meaning, when i worked on a rep, i noticed it. Like your going to notice the nerf when it slaps you :) No exaggeration
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • grimlyonegrimlyone Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not interested in grinding any more rep systems...and the armor, along with these other new armors looks like it has no place in the Star Trek Universe. Looks more like Mass Effect or generic Sci-fi stuff.

Ekhem, well, the Dyson already had that...
    Voth armour totally doesn't look like Turian.
    The Voth APs totally do not look like Geth Guns.
    The Dyson Enviro Suit doesn't look like ME style armour.
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.

However, I did throw the idea that, STO has anything to do with classic Star Trek, out of the window, long time ago.

So honestly, I do not mind.

Other than that, I want to say that so far - I like what I see on Season 9 gear wise.
    Especially the phaser/disruptor matter, it's really nice. This way I may even have an use for the undine rep gun as I won't be carrying double phasers around.

We will see how it turns out.

Also, on a gigantic sidenote - can we have FAW accuracy overflow fixed? Pretty pretty please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The beast at Tanagra.
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh. Kiteo, his eyes closed. Chenza at court, the court of silence. Darmok on the ocean.
    Shaka, when the walls fell.
    edited April 2014
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    Who is the majority?

Have you got stats? a poll ? anything to back this up?

i Don't consider it a nerf, am i in the minority? maybe, maybe not, only cryptic may have the figures if they exist

Have you been reading the forums? I have. And does seem to be an awful big group of us not happy with this so called "refinements "

I aint trolling you lot, i am merely speaking from what i have read in other threads and from what i feel is wrong. I know im not alone in this. :)
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If the devs REALLY listened to what the people wanted in this game, it wouldnt be such a grind fest, bugs would get fixed, less things would get nerfed. But they dont care. Or dont listen. They listen to you lot that back them, but why cant they try something different instead of nerfing once again? Is that too much to ask is it? :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Correction, just look at ALL the complaints about the nerfing in the other threads and see for yourself. It's not JUST me not liking the nerf. Its heaps of others! Get YOUR facts right :P

ALL the complaints. Yes, I've seen them. About the same 10 people over and over again. Not saying that it's not a nerf nor am I saying it's a buff. I haven't played around with it. But, I don't like it when people sling around "WE" like they're the spokesperson for the entire gaming community.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So what happened to that mysterious tactical console?

And can someone with access to tribble post up some screenshots of the space set visuals pretty please?
    edited April 2014
    ALL the complaints. Yes, I've seen them. About the same 10 people over and over again.

lol ok. Bet if i searched the forums i would find you somewhere complaining about something. Am i right, or am i right? :P
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • mogenarzmogenarz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aw, no plasma weapons for Romy representation? :(

Otherwise, looking forward to Season 9!
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lol ok. Bet if i searched the forums i would find you somewhere complaining about something. Am i right, or am i right? :P

Oh, I know there's people all over the place complaining. Complaining is a way of life. What I don't like is people talking like they're the spokesperson for the community.
    edited April 2014
    Oh, I know there's people all over the place complaining. Complaining is a way of life. What I don't like is people talking like they're the spokesperson for the community.

I dont do that. I just speak the truth.....truth hurts so they say :) Guess it must be hurting you. Are you a dev? Because it shouldn't be hurting you. Heck, its not even suppose to hurt the devs. But i lost count how many people don't like this "refinement"
    Purely, because they worked long and hard to get where they got too. If you don't like what i say, ignore me, i dont care :)
    But i am NOT a community spokesperson as you put it. Stop trying to insult me. Got it? :)
    So you don't like the community managers either, that right? Because you just said you don't like people trying to be a community spokesperson. What do you think the community managers are? lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Progression opportunities seem plentiful enough, at least as many as the Voth track.

The space sets seems to be focused on offense and engine power, so maybe the Risian Corvette might be a good place to start. I also like the idea of a "heavy" turret, maybe with the same damage output of a beam with the ability to use cannon powers?

On the ground, the set seems to be focused on melee combat, or at least close quarters fighting. Bonus physical damage, close range damage pulses, maybe I'll get a chance to throw on that lightlirpa that's been sitting in my bank. I also really like the look of the armor so far, but I might take off the helmet once I get the costume set. I hope that the rifle shares the armor design as well, because the Dyson prototype rifle looked nothing like the Voth armor (same set).

These new kit modules appear to be nothing more than upgraded versions of the standard models, but I'm not sure if they're going to be better against the Undine specifically or just better in general.

Ok, everything looks fine to me at first glance. Can't wait to test it on Tribble and take the fight to the Undine!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Can barely read it (or any of the other blogs)... am getting a huge margin on the right side, pushing the article off the page. :(

Are you using Chrome?

~CaptainSmirk
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont do that. I just speak the truth.....truth hurts so they say :)

How about experienceing the new Rep. System by yourselfe and see if it is really that bad like you have read from the regular 'I don't like it" guys?

Many years ago, I have read that women are bad persons and from an alien world.

I had to test it by myself. The first two women screamed and hit me with their bags. The fallowing ones were much nicer after I have learned what I was doing wrong.

So its a matter of your own experience and not what you read what other people said.
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I noticed in the Dev Blog that the Counter Command Ordinance (Weapons/Console) set and the Counter Command Elite Ground Set only have 3 set pieces, but on Tribble, I noticed these sets had a 4th part. There was an Undine Profession Specific Kit Mk XI [Will]x3 [Undine] for the ground set and a Tactical Console which name skips my mind for the Ordinance set. What happened to those?
  • trooglevroomtrooglevroom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't see any space weapons, aside from the set's turret. I had heard we were gonna get a new hybrid weapon type... never mind, I guess.

Also, yay! Finally a non-fleet, AP-resistant shield! Does that mean all the premade-ers will switch to polaron now? :P
    Personally I'm gonna stick with AP unless the shield's resistance boost is above 20%. Because red is cool. I like red.

Oh and please, keep the "nerf" complaints to a few posts at least. This anger has spread too far...
    Cryptic won't change their plans immediately after announcing them, so you have nothing to gain from posting about it on every announcement thread, repeatedly. And arguing about it, whatever your viewpoint is, will not help the situation.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh by the way Trendy/Smirk, there's a dead link on the STO Facebook page. A link to a blog about the ESD revamp, I believe.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice blog, thank you. To me this rep looks great. All sets have something in them that I like, whatever is 2pc or full sets.
    And its nice to see that now the fed side has easy access to disruptors.
    And that armor looks badass.
    But like alot of ppl, I sure wish there was a plasma flavored sets too for the romulans.
    I noticed in the Dev Blog that the Counter Command Ordinance (Weapons/Console) set and the Counter Command Elite Ground Set only have 3 set pieces, but on Tribble, I noticed these sets had a 4th part. There was an Undine Profession Specific Kit Mk XI [Will]x3 [Undine] for the ground set and a Tactical Console which name skips my mind for the Ordinance set. What happened to those?

This was my first reaction aswell. I guess they wont make the Holodeck and were just an experiment maybe :(
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have you been reading the forums? I have. And does seem to be an awful big group of us not happy with this so called "refinements "

I aint trolling you lot, i am merely speaking from what i have read in other threads and from what i feel is wrong. I know im not alone in this. :)
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If the devs REALLY listened to what the people wanted in this game, it wouldnt be such a grind fest, bugs would get fixed, less things would get nerfed. But they dont care. Or dont listen. They listen to you lot that back them, but why cant they try something different instead of nerfing once again? Is that too much to ask is it? :)

You realize that the people on the forums make up a very small part of the STO community as a whole, don't you?
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are a lot more awesome looking things in the Rep that you'll get to see when it comes out. :D

LOL that is what is said about every rep but usually its just hype. TBH sounds like more junk to take up inventory space as collectors items lol.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well as a Romulan, I dont use disruptors or phasers, so like so much else, these items are just useless to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well...no plasma version of the weapons for Roms, not much incentive to grind this one out for me then.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    How about experiencing the new Rep. System by yourself and see if it is really that bad like you have read from the regular.

I did and its done nothing to curb what they were trying to halt, and as ground combat goes we tore through Khitomer Accord over a full minute faster than we did previously on Holodeck. I think a lot of the gripes people have over the revamp can be attributed to this "design flaw" in it. Why aren't these reps specific to the particular faction they were intended for?

But other than that I'm liking the look of the new gear. Just hope it meets the mark with regards to performance.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Oh by the way Trendy/Smirk, there's a dead link on the STO Facebook page. A link to a blog about the ESD revamp, I believe.

We need to call them Mulder and Scully. There is just to much mystery and dead links..
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    •Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser Turret Mk XII ◦This Heavy Turret fires less frequently than a standard turret, but deals substantially more damage per hit. Has a chance to apply Bio-Molecular Incubation.
    ◦Also available in Disruptor energy.

^^ Here's to hoping the turrets 'also available in Disruptor energy' won't just be for the Klink.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are you using Chrome?

~CaptainSmirk

It's broke for both Chrome and Opera.
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just uninstalled. So tired of the reputation grind, which has little to do with reputation in the first place. NPC's behave no differently towards you once the grind is completed and the rewards just aren't worth it in my opinion. See you all when Season 10 rolls around I suppose.