Install Arc
Options

Romulans Nerfed on Tribble - Demand No Leadership Trait for Feds

1235»

Comments

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    that's...not right; if you have 20 characters, you clearly have some significant time to devote to the game, so you should have a tidy stockpile of money

do you use foundry farming missions? you can pull in 500K average from those with 10 minutes of pure shooting

doffing? kdf marauding missions pull in contraband, which a stack of 250 sells for 10m or so, and plenty of contraband-giving missions show up in eta eridani, regulus, and beta ursae (probably the other 2 cardassian sectors as well, but i never bother to check there)

you can also exchange refugees and hope you get a purple out of it, but that's really hit-and-miss, both because the chances of getting a purple are low and because even if you do, said purple may be a sucky one

stockpiling limited-time event items like winter outfits and ornaments or summer outfits and favors are also a good way of making money, albeit rather slow because you have to wait for the price to climb

and there are many, many more ways to make EC, almost none of which requires a player to be elite or have stockpiles of RL cash on hand; about the only thing that does is ker'rat, because you have to fend off both enemy players as well as the borg

I made my characters after one another...basically its not me having a lot of time all the time, rather me having been here since the game started.

I do get contraband, though not at taht rate. I usually exchange it for Dilithium which I turn to zen or use for fleet gear though.

I try to use the refugees, but mostly just keep the doff it rewards.

Stockpiling limited time reward items is an elite player trick that i found out recently, and havent had much success with. Maybe I stocked the wrong event items (Sunglasses and flower accent).

On the foundry missions, I found about that before it got fixed right away by Cryptic. I did get 3-5 mill ec out of it though.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I do get contraband, though not at taht rate. I usually exchange it for Dilithium which I turn to zen or use for fleet gear though.
    for this, the more kdf you have, the more contraband you can pull in, and the missions that give the most contraband on crit are the ones that require only one specific crit trait...aggressive, which most kdf doffs tend to have, so it easy to get those missions up to a respectable crit level, even if most of what you have are uncommon doffs
    Stockpiling limited time reward items is an elite player trick that i found out recently, and havent had much success with. Maybe I stocked the wrong event items (Sunglasses and flower accent).
    sunglasses probably aren't that good to stockpile (can they even be sold on the exchange?), but flower accents definitely are a good thing to go after, as are the beachcomber and explorer outfits

as of this post, flower accents are going for 3.8m at the cheapest, beachcomber are 7.4m and explorer are 4.125m

so the beachcomber clearly wins out here, though any of them will get you a decent amount if you can get them sold

winter would probably be the best time to sell summer stuff and summer the best time to sell winter stuff, but really any time is good once the prices have stopped climbing and stabilized, which tends to happen quickly since new players join the game all the time and want those nice outfits but missed their chance to get some at each respective event and would rather not wait until the next one comes around
    On the foundry missions, I found about that before it got fixed right away by Cryptic. I did get 3-5 mill ec out of it though.

yes, this has declined in popularity somewhat since cryptic took its latest nerfbat to it, but you can still pull decent amounts out of it if you use the right ones; a lot of people seem to favor either loot-o-matic 3000 or admiral bobo goes to war for fedside, though i don't know what's popular kdfside

really, any farming mission that doesn't still have ships clustered closely together for warp core breach chaining will work fine at getting you a good amount of junk to sell, and maybe a few valuable things to exchange in the process
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the tip with the missions, but yeah, I just stacked sunglasses because I had an excess of latinum and it had no other use.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the tip with the missions, but yeah, I just stacked sunglasses because I had an excess of latinum and it had no other use.
    you're welcome

i like giving other players tips that might be able to help them increase their EC intake, because everyone should be able to have nice things, not just the elite few
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I actually haven't noticed a significant difference in the price changes of the Risan costumes over the last 8 months. they went up a little when the Lohlunat supply dried up , but not a lot.

Anyways.... if you want an endless supply of loot pi
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    But back on topic.... a sort of diminished returns on SRO stacking would work reasonably well. It'd also be nice to have that for Feds since they could then have semi-stacked Leadership again.
    why would you want it semi-stacking for them when it already stacks perfectly and is still **** even with 5 humans?

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So in other words; they're getting nerfed one way or the other.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    why would you want it semi-stacking for them when it already stacks perfectly and is still **** even with 5 humans?
    I thought Leadership didn't stack in the current build?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I thought Leadership didn't stack in the current build?
    they do, i just tested and confirmed it last week, and took pictures of my hull repair rate going up each time i added another human

in fact, if they're still there, those pictures on the STOWiki leadership page are the same ones i took

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    they do, i just tested and confirmed it last week, and took pictures of my hull repair rate going up each time i added another human

in fact, if they're still there, those pictures on the STOWiki leadership page are the same ones i took
    Ah, cool. I'll have to remember that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I havent ever had more than 20 million ec on a character after 4 years, and no more than 30 mil ec on my whole account of 20 characters.
    You have 20 characters and yet you've never managed to go over 30 million. Somehow, I think you are doing it wrong, and your incompetence should not be taken as representative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You have 20 characters and yet you've never managed to go over 30 million. Somehow, I think you are doing it wrong, and your incompetence should not be taken as representative.

Somehow I think you are an insulting elitist who is blowing a hundred dollars on the game every week, and sells Lockbox keys for energy credits.

And you than look out onto the world in dumb incomprehension that people exist who arent as rich as you(r parents) are.
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Somehow I think you are an insulting elitist who is blowing a hundred dollars on the game every week, and sells Lockbox keys for energy credits.

And you than look out onto the world in dumb incomprehension that people exist who arent as rich as you(r parents) are.

Not rich, just nothing else to spend his money on (family etc)