test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulans Nerfed on Tribble - Demand No Leadership Trait for Feds

vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
Hey

I spent some time testing tribbles and playing in PVP including against Federation and Klingons. I'm really disturbed by Cryptic moves for Season 9. I'm sick and tired of people saying Romulans are over powered or Scimitars can't be beaten. If people just got off their behinds and learned the game, maybe they would stop complaining about OP over powered players. Some players spend years building up skills. Out of players whining Cryptic is taking it all away. The hundrends of hours learning mechanics, learning about builds, testing, testing and more testing. Many of our crews died for us and sacrifaced their digital lives.

This is total BS. Cryptic is catering to instant gratification players which is stupid. If I'm BS look at these screen shots from Tribble. Watch Romulans should start complaining wanting Fed BOFF not to have leadership traits.

http://averyanthony.com/priv/sto/nerfbat2.jpg
http://averyanthony.com/priv/sto/nerfbat3.jpg

Mind you I have 3 Superior Romulan Operatives, me as Romulan Operative, and a Basic Operative

Aala
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not seeing what you're complaining about. The two images are exactly the same but your tray glitched in one of them.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Not seeing what you're complaining about. The two images are exactly the same but your tray glitched in one of them.
    his crit chance is only 6.7%; for a romulan with 3x SRO, 1 RO, and 1 BRO, it should be much higher

but he is also seriously jumping the gun here...no dev has stated yet if it's a bug or intentional, so until that happens, i'm treating it as a bug
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »

No the bridge officers are taken away on one of them.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    his crit chance is only 6.7%; for a romulan with 3x SRO, 1 RO, and 1 BRO, it should be much higher

but he is also seriously jumping the gun here...no dev has stated yet if it's a bug or intentional, so until that happens, i'm treating it as a bug

His??? really.

It's Her.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Moved to the tribble forums as this is about a tribble change.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Leadership hardly does anything lol...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In case you didn't notice, Leadership already got nerfed into oblivion. It no longer stacks, so you only get the benefit from one human.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    In case you didn't notice, Leadership already got nerfed into oblivion. It no longer stacks, so you only get the benefit from one human.
    leadership most certainly does stack...the benefit is just so pitiful you don't notice a difference with 5, 1 or 0
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I must be so oblivious I didn't even know these traits did anything or even had an effect on my stats.

Oh well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    leadership most certainly does stack...the benefit is just so pitiful you don't notice a difference with 5, 1 or 0
    As quoted by the STO Wiki:
    STO Wiki wrote:
    Stacks with other bridge officers with this trait: No.
    STO Wiki wrote:
    Stacks with player version of this trait; Yes, once only.
    So you do get one stacking with your own Human character, but your bridge officers do not stack.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The STO wiki is so outdated on many topics, I can barely hold it as "reliable" these days.

Not saying that page is wrong however.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

So you do get one stacking with your own Human character, but your bridge officers do not stack.
    never use wiki pages to back uip a claim here...half those pages haven't been updated in YEARS

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The reason for that removal of stacking is because of PvPers using all-Human crews.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The reason for that removal of stacking is because of PvPers using all-Human crews.
    no, that was why the healing component was fixed; because a full human crew was granting the same in-combat healing as a copy of HE1, even with a totally dead crew

but they never removed stackability from it

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    If it stacks, show me a screenshot, or a link to the patch notes that says the stacking was reinstated.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    • Updated Leadership:
      • This trait now provides a scale .3 Regeneration bonus in-combat, and a scale .6 Regeneration bonus out of combat.
      • This power no longer scales off of your amount of crew alive or off your skill points spent in hull repairs.
        • Its effectiveness is now constant.
      • Leadership's out-of-combat regeneration rate no longer persists during Combat as well.
      • Leadership no longer gives regeneration for having 100% of crew alive regardless of how much Crew damage the ship had taken
    that is from the legacy of romulus patch notes, the last time leadership was intentionally touched by the dev team...notice how it says NOTHING about the trait not being able to stack?

EDIT: okay, i was wrong; there was one further change regarding leadership after LoR, but still nothing about not being stackable: Traits
    • Leadership:
      • Multiple copies of this power no longer replace each others' buffs, allowing players to benefit from both their own copy of Leadership as well as from Bridge Officers' copies of Leadership.

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice.

Will have to upgrade to Elite Dangerous Beta when/if this one comes through. With the track record in place, time to save up. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated. :D

---
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That is just it. It does not say anything about stacking. However, the Wiki says no. Lucky for you, I do have a Wiki account, so I can edit the page if you can show me a screenshot or anything visual that unarguably shows it stacking.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That is just it. It does not say anything about stacking. However, the Wiki says no. Lucky for you, I do have a Wiki account, so I can edit the page if you can show me a screenshot or anything visual that unarguably shows it stacking.
    how the hell am i supposed to do that? this
    This trait now provides a scale .3 Regeneration bonus in-combat, and a scale .6 Regeneration bonus out of combat.
    does not show up anywhere on your ship page, as it doesn't modify the visible hull repair rate stat under defense...i have no idea what it modifies - probably some internal stat the players never see

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    And on a bit of unrelated note, if anyone can think of any other Wiki pages you think are outdated, show me unarguable visual proof for them, and I can correct those pages too.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Roms needed a nerf anyway
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    okay, apparently the regeneration rate from leadership does affect hull repair rate, and it continues going up as i seat humans

with none
    with one
    with two
    with three

so it does stack...is that enough proof for you, or would you like me to hack the game's files as well?:rolleyes:

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    And on a bit of unrelated note, if anyone can think of any other Wiki pages you think are outdated, show me unarguable visual proof for them, and I can correct those pages too.

Lol, if I gave you a list of everything out of date in there, you'd spend at least a week fixing it all. Short answer, leadership stacks fine. I have zero points spent on subsystem repair so all the skill points I show come from my human crew.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Maybe so, but someone has to do it. Someone needs to keep it up to date. That will never happen unless the community contributes.
    Is that enough proof for you?
    As I said, screenshots are all I needed. I updated the page.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Maybe so, but someone has to do it. Someone needs to keep it up to date. That will never happen unless the community contributes.

As I said, screenshots are all I needed. I updated the page.
    while you're at it, since you have the account...the game description needs updating too; it should be: Space Trait. Inspires your crew, leading to faster subsystem and hull repairs.

Increases your Hull Repair and Subsystem repair skill resulting in a faster starship hull healing and regeneration rate. It will also allow your ship to get any subsystems (Weapons, Shields, Engines, Auxiliary) back online faster if they become disabled.

right now, it just says: Space Trait. Inspires your ship crew, leading to 20% faster damage and subsystem repair.

i don't know where 20% faster damage ever came from...did it used to decrease weapon recharge time or something?

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I think that may have been a mislabel. By damage repair, they meant repairing the damage to your hull. I made the changes and additions.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    the page for the player version of the trait could probably stand to be updated as well...that looks like it has even less info than the boff trait page did before you got hold of it

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    All my characters are cats, so I don't have anything to copy. Would you be willing to take a screenshot of your Human's traits?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    it should just be the same as the boff trait...though maybe not - player pirate and boff pirate do have differing values

i'll grab a screen if the login server doesn't TRIBBLE out on me again

EDIT: oh, wait...the player leadership trait doesn't exist anymore; it's innate to humans now, along with teamwork

it doesn't list any values, either, so that's that idea shot

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So, completely Nerf it too and any other Fed BOFF trait. Nerf Klingons too. Nerf marauding and anything else related.

I vote for that also.