What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulans Nerfed on Tribble - Demand No Leadership Trait for Feds

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And while we are at it, make Klingons unable to comprehend anything beyond Stone Age technology? :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    As quoted by the STO Wiki:

So you do get one stacking with your own Human character, but your bridge officers do not stack.

Look at it again. It says it *does* stack. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Leadership/boff
    Stacks with player version of this trait; Yes, once only.
    Stacks with other bridge officers with this trait: Yes.

And at the very bottom of the page: Last modified: 7 April 2014 at 03:48.

You can't always go by what the wiki says. Looks like someone had edited the wiki after your post to prove you wrong. LMAO!

Edit: At the time I posted this it's still April 6th. Holy hell! The wiki was edited in the future! :eek: Damn foreigners and their music. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Scroll up and look at the chat. I'm the one who edited that page. I did it after Shadowfang gave me the unarguable screenshots I asked for. If you give me visual proof the Wiki is wrong, I will change it.
    The wiki was edited in the future! :eek:
    Amerika is stuck in the past. :D
    Damn foreigners and their musik.
    Fixed. :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Scroll up and look at the chat. I'm the one who edited that page. I did it after Shadowfang gave me the unarguable screenshots I asked for. If you give me visual proof the Wiki is wrong, I will change it.

Amerika is stuck in the past. :D

Fixed. :D

Oh. Well nevermind then. I didn't read the rest of the thread before posting. LOL.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Simple rule if thumb. If someone links a Wiki page, and someone else says it is wrong without providing that visual evidence, that will be automatically discredited in favour of the Wiki page. If a Wiki page indeed is outdated, or just plain wrong, then provide visual evidence of this. Give me patch notes, and preferably screenshots too, then I will update the Wiki page. This thread is case in point. But like I said, if you know of any other Wiki pages that are outdated, please give me current screenshots. The Wiki will never remain up to date unless the community contributes.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, the butthurt is strong in this thread.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So back to topic ... We need an "Official" response from Cryptic or a Mod/Dev about whether this is an actual "change" to the SRO mechanic (i.e. no longer stacking) to placate the whining masses, if this is just a "bug" because they are messing with Rep Traits an stuff or if this is one of Cryptic's Patented and all to common"Stealth Nerfs" (TM)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    will i be flamed to holy hell if i say i like the nerf?.........errrr change....errr bug?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    So back to topic ... We need an "Official" response from Cryptic or a Mod/Dev about whether this is an actual "change" to the SRO mechanic (i.e. no longer stacking) to placate the whining masses, if this is just a "bug" because they are messing with Rep Traits an stuff or if this is one of Cryptic's Patented and all to common"Stealth Nerfs" (TM)
    if it's a stealth nerf, do you really think they're going to come out and say it is? that would be defeating the purpose of STEALTH
    wildweasal wrote: »
    will i be flamed to holy hell if i say i like the nerf?.........errrr change....errr bug?
    yes, you will...if not by me, then by any of the thousands of other romulan players who spent millions on multiple copies of SRO boffs, plus all the feds/kdf who also spent tons on THEIR embassy SRO boffs, which are a lot harder to gather resources for
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    betaborgbetaborg Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OP just cries because he can't spam spacebar anymore while dealing massive amounts of damage :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally Posted by tacofangs
    I can develop the game just fine without visiting the forums.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They are maybe perhaps nerfing one of my ... " children " lol
    Plz, don't nerf the human ones too! :D
    I do not approve of this thread, OP
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can't say I'd be too upset if this is intentional, and that's coming from someone with a full SRO crew (and Tovan :rolleyes: ). The stacking is pretty ridiculous, it's certainly not needed.
  • Options
    ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It is a bug.
    Traits currently are not working on tribble duo the changes.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't mind a nerf on SRO, it is needed.

But, currently, SRO is the ONLY thing (with the scimitard and the battlecloack) the Romulan have that make them interesting to play, except for lore reasons. And they pay the high price for it.
    No cruiser command, probably no dual deflector (no sci ship, only warbirds), no raiders buffs (the only ship close to a raider, the T'varo is not a raider).

I wish I could use a warp core instead of the singularity core. The abilities are gimmick, except for the "oh sh**" button, and the very situational (read pvp) grav well like skill. Even the core itself is meh compared to a warp core (fixed bonuses and more of them).

Also, the Romulan are still treated as fed/KDF in most dialogues.
    They are still missing a unique honor guard/OMEGA armor (while loosing access to their allies faction armor).
    They are still missing an academy like place for doffing (while loosing access to allied DOFF missions to make it balanced).
    They are still missing a security officer on New Romulus.
    They are still missing a unique DOFF officers, with Romulan/Reman (and not allied) DOFF as commendations reward.
    They are still missing a unique fleet uniform (like the Odyssey uniform).

And the list goes on and on.

Romulan in their current state is pretty much like the Klingons a few years ago. Everyone was whining because they had "everything", like a cloak (OMG the dramas I've read about cloak in pvp), carriers...
    Yet, nobody really cared about what they were lacking. About the half faction it was. It was all about the cloak and carriers.

All I see is people having less than others, and complaining about it. While they have so much more about everything else.

I'll be so happy to give up my SRO when I have a proper finished faction. You can even remove all the traits on my BOFF if you make it happen.
    Remove SRO now, and Romulan have nothing left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    probably no dual deflector (no sci ship, only warbirds)
    a ship getting a secondary deflector doesn't need to be classed as a science ship to get one, it just needs to have both sensor analysis and integrated subsystem targeting...both of which the ha'nom warbird and romulan dyson science destroyer warbirds have
    erei1 wrote: »
    Remove SRO now, and Romulan have nothing left.
    except the scimitar, which needs no SRO to dominate the meta
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would like to see a Defiant with a secondary deflector, just to see if it actually works in action, or turns out to be nothing more than a shiny thing glued onto your hull......
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would like to see a Defiant with a secondary deflector, just to see if it actually works in action, or turns out to be nothing more than a shiny thing glued onto your hull......
    if the stats off the one included with the annison science destroyer are any indication of things to come...it's a shiny toy glued to your hull

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, completely Nerf it too and any other Fed BOFF trait. Nerf Klingons too. Nerf marauding and anything else related.

I vote for that also.

Given that they aren't remotely comparable, I have zero problem with that if it means an end to the superior operative trait.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People need to realise that this is an MMO and MMO's change.

Its entirely a players own fault if he decides to blow 100 mill on a Boff or console, not Cryptics.
    And it is always a temporary investment, because if things that are clearly overpowered don't get nerfed, then theres always something new and better around the corner, making what you already spent millions on obsolete.(I.E consoles)

Bridge officers were never meant to make or break builds.
    Their traits were intended to be little bonuses that could give you a tactical edge.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hope is not a bug but a balance change and I hope to see this change reach Holodeck.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As good as this might be for faction balance in lieu of creating more space traits for other races, this is actually a bug. We're looking into it right now, and believe it was caused by changing how trait powers work to convert them to slotting.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As good as this might be for faction balance in lieu of creating more space traits for other races, this is actually a bug. We're looking into it right now, and believe it was caused by changing how trait powers work to convert them to slotting.

So I'll take that first part as "We know the faction Boffs are a bit unbalanced, we'll be looking at it when we touch up Bridge Officers in general."

Sound about right?
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014

buff fed/kdf instead of nerfing romulans you know since its been in the game for over a year. fleet holdings were grinded for it, dilithium, fleet credits, and ec were all paid for them. buff other space traits and add new ones instead of TRIBBLE over existing players.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey

I spent some time testing tribbles and playing in PVP including against Federation and Klingons. I'm really disturbed by Cryptic moves for Season 9. I'm sick and tired of people saying Romulans are over powered or Scimitars can't be beaten. If people just got off their behinds and learned the game, maybe they would stop complaining about OP over powered players. Some players spend years building up skills. Out of players whining Cryptic is taking it all away. The hundrends of hours learning mechanics, learning about builds, testing, testing and more testing. Many of our crews died for us and sacrifaced their digital lives.

This is total BS. Cryptic is catering to instant gratification players which is stupid. If I'm BS look at these screen shots from Tribble. Watch Romulans should start complaining wanting Fed BOFF not to have leadership traits.

http://averyanthony.com/priv/sto/nerfbat2.jpg
    http://averyanthony.com/priv/sto/nerfbat3.jpg

Mind you I have 3 Superior Romulan Operatives, me as Romulan Operative, and a Basic Operative

Aala
    wow, jump to conclusions much? Maybe you shouldn't get too upset over a bug, since it's clear that you thought it would happen. It's a bug, so you can now lay down your torch and pitchfork now, since it's not a big deal.
    buff fed/kdf instead of nerfing romulans you know since its been in the game for over a year. fleet holdings were grinded for it, dilithium, fleet credits, and ec were all paid for them. buff other space traits and add new ones instead of TRIBBLE over existing players.
    You did see this part of Hawk's post, I presume?
    You see the emphasized part?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I'll take that first part as "We know the faction Boffs are a bit unbalanced, we'll be looking at it when we touch up Bridge Officers in general."

Sound about right?

Most likely when they're busy turning BOffs into Kits with Legs.

Something I'm very much looking forward to.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Its not as much the other races needing more trait powers as it is the stacking of traits.

When entire ship builds center around having all your bridge officers stacking the exact same trait, then that should be a clue that something is off.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

But, but, but...Hawk...couldn't you guys have waited a little longer to acknowledge it as a bug? The threads on it have been so entertaining! Okay, so perhaps it might have been bad for business...well, Cryptic's business. Has Cryptic ever considered marketing their own brand of popcorn? Cause it was good for popcorn sales. :P

Might also want to hit up the tooltip label on Rombush. Even though it still only gives +25%, the tooltip reads +40%...there's bound to be folks that see the +40%, think they're getting it, and when it reads +25% again...they'll start complaining that you nerfed them (when the buff never took place so there was nothing to nerf). Course, I probably shouldn't keep mentioning that...I've been kind of looking forward to those threads. :P
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wow, jump to conclusions much? Maybe you shouldn't get too upset over a bug, since it's clear that you thought it would happen. It's a bug, so you can now lay down your torch and pitchfork now, since it's not a big deal.

You see the emphasized part?
    As good as this might be for faction balance in lieu of creating more space traits for other races

It clearly indicates that they are considering nerfing romulan boffs so they can be lazy and not make viable space traits for other races/factions.

It also clearly indicates that they would have no problem TRIBBLE players over by nerfing something that has been in the game for over a year.

Either way they said its a bug, doesn't mean it will get fixed. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It also clearly indicates that they would have no problem TRIBBLE players over by nerfing something that has been in the game for over a year.

This is news to you?
    The old Borg set was in the game for several "years" before it got royally hit with the nerf bat. :rolleyes:

Which quite frankly was needed as people would go 3-piece borg + best shield in the game and get a wonderful shield regeneration proc on top of that.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It clearly indicates that they are considering nerfing romulan boffs so they can be lazy and not make viable space traits for other races/factions.

Either way they said its a bug, doesn't mean it will get fixed. ;)
    This is the keyword:
    Might doesn't mean that it will happen. Just because they're considering it, doesn't mean it will be done. Keep that in mind before jumping to conclusions.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.