test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's been an honor and a privilege. May you all LLAP! \\//_

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have you thought about "telecommuting" to work? Would that be feasable if you remained community rep manager or went back to being the STO community rep?

Either way, best wishes and godspeed on your travels...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your charming enthusiasm and optimism will be missed by many of the STO community myself included.

I wish you all the best for your future.

Live long and prosper.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    LOL, seriously? I did. Telegraphed it worse than a WWE "Superstar" in his "promotion" thread. Well, bub bye, Brandy, you were a good Yes Man. (eyeballing hole at the waterline, waiting to catch a glimpse of the next rat to make a swim for it)

Anyone want to get a pool going on who is next?
    DDODODODOOOOOOOOOMMMM!M!!!!!!!
    inputend21 wrote: »
    We are all going to miss you buddy. Have fun wherever the journey may take you, and as always see you among the stars Admiral Flakes.
    We'll miss him less if we see him in game regularly. :P

I'll miss him either way, but it's a matter of degree.... :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Have you thought about "telecommuting" to work? Would that be feasable if you remained community rep manager or went back to being the STO community rep?

Either way, best wishes and godspeed on your travels...

Hah, I was just about to post that! :D

It does seem like a better solution - the question is, do the higher-ups (or Brandon himself, for that matter) feel it's worth the trouble?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Hah, I was just about to post that! :D

It does seem like a better solution - the question is, do the higher-ups (or Brandon himself, for that matter) feel it's worth the trouble?
    I pondered this and concluded the answer was no. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Farewell, Brandon. You have been, and always shall be, our friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So long and good luck, Brandon!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I pondered this and concluded the answer was no. :(

Yes, most unfortunate.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Farewell Branflakes. Hope you can still pop in every once in a while!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bon voyage
  • pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good luck Brandon.

LLAP :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good luck brandon! :(
  • devilkiller98devilkiller98 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Goodbye Brandon! We will all miss you, and good luck with whatever you do! My heart goes out to you and your family!

Wish I had your personal account @handle......

Good luck to you buddy!!! :)
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
    http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would also like to have Branflakes PWE title changed from "Former PWE Community Team Lead" to "PWE Community Team Lead Emeritus"

It sounds more respectful.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I would also like to have Branflakes PWE title changed from "Former PWE Community Team Lead" to "PWE Community Team Lead Emeritus"

It sounds more respectful.

Seconded.

And we need the "Felczer Nebula" put in-game as a playable map.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Seconded.

And we need the "Felczer Nebula" put in-game as a playable map.

He's already immortalized in a ship in Task Force Omega and a node in IGE.

Although I'm not sure if it'll be "Trevor's Node" or "Morrigan's Node" now.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bye Brandon, very sad to see you go. Hope that you do well from here on out.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To paraphrase another Star Trek quote:

"May the Great Bird of the Galaxy settle on your family" *

The Armada wishes you safe journey in your future travels.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    He's already immortalized in a ship in Task Force Omega and a node in IGE.

Although I'm not sure if it'll be "Trevor's Node" or "Morrigan's Node" now.

If they change Brandon's Node, I'm going to ragequit.

Just see if I don't!
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Was having my morning cereal, which happen to be a bowl of Bran Flakes, when I read the sad news. You were the only decent Community Manager we have had, I'm not overly impressed with your replacement, but as they say Nobody does it better. Good Luck!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Was having my morning cereal, which happen to be a bowl of Bran Flakes, when I read the sad news. You were the only decent Community Manager we have had, I'm not overly impressed with your replacement, but as they say Nobody does it better. Good Luck!

It's not sad news. Brandon will still be a part of STO, never know you might find him in your team during a PvE :). Brandon however has to do what his right for him and his family.

Anyway STO without Brandon yeah right that will never happen.
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    May your future endeavors be prosperous Brandon.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We wish you the best, Brandon. Be sure to come back and visit us once in a while okay? Hope to see you in-game and on the forums.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All the best Bran, I remember when you came in, and I think you're a model for community managers everywhere. (And also a pretty decent model. *whistles*) :D

Since I have a very small and ageing immediate family, and no contact with my also-small extended family, I've never really thought about having to divert my life's path for family reasons. I respect people who weigh such hard decisions, I've just never had those ties.
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I still remember that time you personally helped me with an issue I was having running STO. Appreciated it. Thanks a lot Brandon for that, and for being (IMO) a great community lead.

Since you'll still have access to the forums and game, I do hope you'll be around from time to time.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    So long...
    ...and thanks for all the fish!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good Luck/Have Fun
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • donbodonbo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best wishes Brandon