What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's been an honor and a privilege. May you all LLAP! \\//_

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!

This clearly marks the beginning of the end for STO!

It will be difficult to go on without you Brandon, but I'll try.

LLAP Buddy. See you in Vegas.

I'll see your doom and raise you a KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!! :P
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All good things... :(

All the best for you and your family Brandon and thanks for all you've done.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One request, Admiral:

Before you leave your vaunted position and rejoin us mere rabble of the spaceways, could you kindly kick Capt. Smirk in the butt and tell him to either post a new LC or extend the last one? :) Thanks!

And if you spot Grunt (or Morgana Davis, or Jon Sills, or any of my other identities) out in the black, say hi!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I didn't know you all too well, but it is clear that you will be missed. Have fun and I hope to see you in game someday!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    Fare thee well, Brandon. May the wind be e'er at your back. May your mug always be full o' the finest brew.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Getting rid of Brandon Felczer was a HUGE MISTAKE - Game Dying Fast!!

Bran, I'm sure you will be missed by this community.

PS: Voporak, if read this... please break the timeline and "suggest" to Bran that he has to stay. Pretty pretty please!?
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh Noooes, say it's not so!

You will be greatly missed Bran. Thank you for everything you did. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors in SoCal.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What the hell?? I can't believe this is happening,,,,, excuse me I have to go chew on some nails maybe that will take the sadness away
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bran, you have been a great Community Manager for STO. Your forum posts were always helpful and mostly funny.

I wish you good fortune and luck in the rest of your life. That your family and career will continue to prosper.

LLAP \\//

Now, go to the register button, click "Create New Account", name it BranFlakes or whatever and continue to be a joy on the forums.
  • dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah yes the old "family reasons" where have we heard that before?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a sad day for STO community. Sadly, it's also a bad sign for the game's future...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe enough people here thinking this atm.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Clearly this means the STO servers are going to detonate in the very near future and you're abandoning ship before it happens... [/doomsday][/sarcasm]

But in all seriousness, I wish you well in whatever you decide to do! You've been a pleasure to speak with via the forums, twitter, and the community meet up last year! Your commitment to the community has been superb. We'll all miss you, a lot! :D
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm wondering if he can actually stay away though. Zinc (first EP) left STO but then came back to Cryptic in an upper management position. Gozer left, came back, and then left again. Even good ol' Dan left and came back. Let's see if Bran Man can resist the Siren Song of STO. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *Salutes* Brandon, LLAP.

I know where you're coming from. Family is important and I honestly hope it all goes well for you.

You've been the best community manager I've ever met. Seriously, man, it was great having you around. Good luck with the wedding and your future endeavors.

I think everyone here is really sad you're leaving and no doubt will be hoping you pull a Stahl Maneuver and get back here in six months. But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Just one request: ask to keep your mod powers so you can troll Smirk sometime. Seriously.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll need to go find a new source of fiber for my crew before that Talaxian gives everyone a case of explosive constipation.

Qapla' Brandon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    This is a sad day for STO community. Sadly, it's also a bad sign for the game's future...

No not at all. The future of STO is going from strength to strength. As Brandon said he will still be he as a player.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    I believe enough people here thinking this atm.

I sure as heck am.

Goodbye, BranFlakes! You were the best.

You're a naturally likeable, friendly, helpful, wonderful guy. Whoever your boyfriend is is a very, very lucky man. You were the single best community manager I have ever encountered. You were witty, charming, exciting, helpful far above and beyond the call of duty, and just generally the best.

As awesome as Smirk is, he can never fully fill your shoes.

Good luck, and I sure hope that you come back to STO at some point in the future. You are an awesome guy.

Live long and prosper. I salute you, brave warrior! Qapla'!

Sincerely,
    worffan101
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *stands at attention and places a clenched fist over his heart* Fare thee well, Bran, Prince of Flakes.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for everything you did for the Foundry community. You will be missed.

I hope that your future endeavors are successful.

Best wishes,

P.S. Make a Foundry mission now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Brandon,

I'm so sorry to see you go. You have brought an enthusiasm about the game that is nothing short of infectious. There has been no doubt in my mind of your love for for both this game and the job you do. That's why it's so hard to see you leave it. :(

But despite the fact that you were singularly qualified to lead the community in STO, I can't knock your reasons. Family is very important, and ones job is a poor excuse to miss out on it. I hope PWE and Cryptic realize the gem they are loosing. (And also that a remote community manager is not an unheard of concept.) ;)

Despite what ever title/forum color they've assigned to your name, I've always considered you one of us first and foremost. I certainly hope that that aspect won't change, and that this isn't really goodbye. (You'll just have to be suprised about [REDACTED] like the rest of us. :P)

I've always, and will continue to, consider you a friend. I look forward to continuing to see your in-game. Thank you for your wonderful work as CM, and welcome back to the community you helped cultivate. :)
  • fuzzybuddsfuzzybudds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aside from the fact that you are personally a complete ****, no one really likes you anyway. All those people who kissed your TRIBBLE in those community events were people that would kiss any devs/mods TRIBBLE anyway.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Q
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gotta be at least one in every crowd, I guess. Go TRIBBLE, fuzzy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited April 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Gotta be at least one in every crowd, I guess. Go TRIBBLE, fuzzy.

Agreed. Go take yourself and your troll buddies and eat some compost, fuzzy.

Don't worry, Brandon, those of us who aren't complete jerks all think that you are awesome.
  • fuzzybuddsfuzzybudds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ^ Example of two people that will kiss dev/management TRIBBLE without any thought.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Don't worry we still have Smirk!
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fuzzybudds wrote: »
    ^ Example of two people who are reasonable human beings.

Fixed that for ya.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fuzzybudds wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that you are personally a complete ****, no one really likes you anyway. All those people who kissed your TRIBBLE in those community events were people that would kiss any devs/mods TRIBBLE anyway.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Q

Hey Askray. That whiteboard eraser please? Tyvm.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014

look at his Fleet Banner. seems some guys have a free hand here
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah yes the old "family reasons" where have we heard that before?

and what if it is exactly as stated? unless you are a stalker, otherwise how would you know?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited April 2014

You think I should PM Askray? Ask him to permaban that jerk?